|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mary Magdalene try to soothe Jesus' cares?
(a) By whispering to him.
(b) By playing a musical instrument for him.
(c) By singing to him.
(d) By dancing for him.
2. How does Judas try to weasel out of what he has planned?
(a) By saying he did not come here for himself, but because Jesus cannot control his followers.
(b) By crying to the council.
(c) By telling them Jesus is a heretic and a liar.
(d) By trying to bribe the council.
3. What then illuminates the space?
(d) The title of the opera, Jesus Christ Superstar.
4. What can Mary not resolve?
(a) Her love for Jesus.
(b) Her inner conflict between Jesus as God.
(c) Her desire to run away.
(d) Her need for Jesus.
5. From what does the Roman Governor Pontius Pilate awaken?
(a) A deep sleep.
(b) An afternoon nap.
(c) A pleasant dream.
(d) A bad dream.
6. What is Judas feeling?
(a) He is not sure how he feels.
(b) He does not want to die.
(c) He want what God wants.
(d) He wants to help Jesus.
7. What does Judas say about this movement?
(a) Jesus started it as a man and it has turned into a revolution that has "gone sour."
(b) It was a distaster from the start and can only end in chaos.
(c) Jesus has been selfish and only enjoys the attention from his followers.
(d) Jesus does not know what he is doing.
8. How does Jesus appear as he sinks to the floor?
(a) Angry and upset.
(b) Sad and lonely.
(c) Irritated and annoyed.
(d) Tired and dizzy.
9. What causes Mary Magdalene to slap Judas?
(a) When he slaps her first.
(b) When he grabs her.
(c) When he nuzzles her.
(d) When he calls her a prostitute.
10. Where do they sit?
(a) At a round table.
(b) On the floor.
(c) On long benches.
(d) They sit around an elongated table, illuminated by stripes along the edges and circles in the center.
11. Who is the first to enter?
(b) Mary Magdalene.
12. What does Jesus say one has to do to conquer death?
(a) You only have to die.
(b) You have to suffer.
(c) You have to believe in Him.
(d) You have to pray to God.
13. What day is it?
(a) A Friday night two days before Yom Kippur.
(b) A Friday night six days before the Jewish celebration of Passover.
(c) A Friday night five days before Chanukah.
(d) A Friday night and the Rash Hashana.
14. As Jesus is held up by his followers, what do Caiaphas and Annas do?
(a) They rush to him and join the crowd.
(b) They go searching for Pontius Pilate.
(c) They run off the stage.
(d) They appear on the second level and ask Jesus to disperse the crowd.
15. How does Jesus reply to these two men?
(a) If the crowd were quiet, "the rocks and stones themselves would start to sing."
(b) Where are you going?
(c) Pontius Pilate is on my side.
(d) I am so glad you have decided to join us.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jesus bemoan?
2. Why do the heavily-armored Roman troops and Annas appear on the main stage?
3. What can be seen adorning the pillars?
4. How is Jesus allowed to be seen?
5. How does Pilate feel about this dream?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)