|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Describe the disciples who enter.
(a) They are all males of Jewish descent and most with spiked or dyed hair.
(b) They are all males of various races and most with spiked or dyed hair.
(c) They are all males of various races and dressed very conservatively.
(d) They are all males of Jewish descent and dressed conservatively.
2. More of Jesus' followers enter, and what does Judas want them all to do?
(a) Be quiet.
(b) Take a nap.
3. What does this cross do?
(a) It hangs above the audience.
(b) It lights up on the back wall.
(c) It is laying on the ground.
(d) It stands in the corner.
4. What does Judas say about Mary's presence?
(a) It does not help Jesus' image.
(b) It is annoying.
(c) She is enormously helpful.
(d) It is very useful.
5. Where does Judas exit and run?
(a) To the graffiti wall.
(b) To the council.
(c) To his home.
(d) To Pontius Pilate.
6. How does Judas try to weasel out of what he has planned?
(a) By trying to bribe the council.
(b) By telling them Jesus is a heretic and a liar.
(c) By crying to the council.
(d) By saying he did not come here for himself, but because Jesus cannot control his followers.
7. What do Jesus' disciples enter and pass out?
(d) New Testaments.
8. What else do they want to know?
(a) When this will all be over.
(b) When the revolution starts.
(c) When Jesus will become King.
(d) When they can go home.
9. Who follows the disciples?
(a) The crowd.
(b) Mary Magdalene and other women.
(c) Jesus' family.
(d) Their wives.
10. How is he showing his feelings?
(a) Through a voice-over.
(b) Through a soliloquy.
(c) Through his actions and facial expressions.
(d) Through a dialogue with Jesus.
11. What then illuminates the space?
(b) The title of the opera, Jesus Christ Superstar.
12. What does Mary sing as Jesus is sleeping on a mat on the floor?
(a) "Are You Alright?"
(b) "Everything's Alright.:"
(c) "Nothing Will Ever Be Right."
(d) "I Don't Know How to Love Him."
13. Who, all dressed in gray or a very drab green, approach Jesus from everywhere asking to be healed?
(a) The sick.
(b) The hungry.
(c) The homeless.
(d) The poor.
14. Describe the warrior that enters.
(a) Clad head to toe in black armor.
(b) Clad in a storm trooper costume.
(c) Clad as Roman soldier.
(d) Clad in Army fatigues.
15. Why do the heavily-armored Roman troops and Annas appear on the main stage?
(a) To find Jesus.
(b) To organize the crowd.
(c) To disburse the crowd.
(d) To rally the crowd.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are these people, including Judas, dressed?
2. Of what are there also many?
3. Describe the set at the beginning of the first scene.
4. What does Jesus try to do regarding his followers?
5. How does Jesus rebuke the disciples?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)