|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What disease did the person suffer from that the author says Jesus healed?
(d) Small pox.
2. What does the author state was different about Jesus and his beliefs about the Kingdom of God?
(a) He did not believe them.
(b) He acted upon them.
(c) He believed them.
(d) He could convince powerful people of the validity of his claims.
3. What does the author say he is searching once again in Chapter Six?
(a) The darkness.
(b) The scriptures.
(c) The light.
(d) Homer's poems.
4. Why does the author think that crucifixion is the ultimate punishment?
(a) Sometimes one does not die.
(b) You are faced with going to hell.
(c) It takes longer than other punishments.
(d) It destroys an individual physically and morally.
5. What title was Jesus' brother bestowed with?
(a) The Lithe.
(b) The Just.
(c) The Honest.
(d) The Jinx.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Jesus say was traditionally the beneficiary of a man's success?
2. Why does the author claim Jesus' followers developed stories about what happened to Jesus' body?
3. Complete the following title: " A Respected Member of the..."
4. Whose writings about Jesus' resurrection does the author examine?
5. Complete the following title: "First Fruits of Them that..."
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the author think crucifixion was the ultimate form of punishment?
2. What does the quote at the beginning of part five comment on?
3. Describe the quotes at the beginning of this section?
4. In what way does the author think Jesus trod a fine line between the passive and direct forms of confrontation?
5. How influential does the author think other philosophies were on Jesus' teachings?
6. What do the two quotes at the beginning of the section comment on?
7. What effect did the patrron/client relationship have on Greco-Roman society?
8. What was Jesus' opinion of Bethany?
9. What does the author say about Pontius Pilate?
10. What were the reasons Jesus went to Jerusalem?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)