|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of the epilogue?
(a) Wear Thou Sandal and Run.
(b) Rites of Way.
(c) Implementing a Religion.
(d) From Jesus to Christ.
2. What are the two traditional spiritual responses to evil in the world?
(a) The economic and the illogical.
(b) The sane and the insane.
(c) The miraculous and the revolutionary.
(d) The hate-filled and the love-filled.
3. Who does the author think may have been the true author of the Gospel of St. Mark?
(a) Mary Magdelene.
(c) The Virgin Mary.
4. Which of the following constraints does the author say Jesus lived under?
5. What does the author say is the most controversial aspect of his argument?
(a) Factualizing the Crucifixion.
(b) Claiming they killed the wrong man.
(c) Claiming Jesus was not original.
(d) Denying Jesus' existance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What miracle does the author talk about in this section?
2. What does the author say that miraculous is the primary anchor of?
3. What is the title of Part Four?
4. What does the author say must be present for oppressed groups to revolt?
5. Complete the following title: "The Dogs Beneath the... "
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the author say about Barabbas in this section?
2. In what way does the author think Jesus trod a fine line between the passive and direct forms of confrontation?
3. What does the author say is the intention of Jesus' nature miracles?
4. How does the author interpret the story of Jesus casting demons into a herd of pigs?
5. What was Jesus' opinion of Bethany?
6. In what way does the author think Jesus challenged society by touching the leper?
7. What does the quote at the beginning of part five comment on?
8. Why does the author think crucifixion was the ultimate form of punishment?
9. What do the two quotes at the beginning of the section comment on?
10. What were the reasons Jesus went to Jerusalem?
This section contains 782 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)