|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which member of Jesus' family lived in Jerusalem?
(a) His sister sarah.
(b) His mother.
(c) His father.
(d) His brother James.
2. What disease did the person suffer from that the author says Jesus healed?
(a) Small pox.
3. What does the author think that Jesus' casting out of demons is a metaphor for?
(a) The casting off of the ego.
(b) The casting off of oppressive authority.
(c) The casting off of family restrictions.
(d) The casting off of hate.
4. Which festival was Barabbas' release meant to honor?
5. Who does the author say reinterprets the circumstances of Jesus' death?
(a) The Romans.
(b) The People's Movement.
(c) The Christian Movement.
(d) The Egyptians.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do most scholars think is the woman of Bethany?
2. What is the title of Part Six?
3. What is the name of the man Jesus was said to have brought to life?
4. What does the author say the early Christian community was not immune to?
5. What is the title of Part Four?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Jesus' opinion of Bethany?
2. In what way could Christians have a problem with the author factualizing the crucifixion?
3. What effect did the patrron/client relationship have on Greco-Roman society?
4. What influence does the author suggest that the Cynics had on Jesus' teachings?
5. What does the author say about Paul's revelation of Jesus' power and truth?
6. What were the reasons Jesus went to Jerusalem?
7. Why does the author think crucifixion was the ultimate form of punishment?
8. What do the two quotes at the beginning of the section comment on?
9. Why did Jesus' followers reinterpret history to suit their own purposes?
10. In what way does the author think Jesus trod a fine line between the passive and direct forms of confrontation?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)