|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What miracle does the author talk about in this section?
(a) Curing a leper.
(b) The fish and the loaves.
(c) Raising Lazarus from the dead.
(d) Jesus walking on water.
2. Which festival was Barabbas' release meant to honor?
3. Complete the following title: "The Race to the..."
(b) Cotton Fields.
(c) Empty Tomb.
4. What disease did the person suffer from that the author says Jesus healed?
(d) Small pox.
5. What two things do the quotes at the beginning of Part Seven contemplate?
(a) Death and life.
(b) Love and hate.
(c) Beauty and Charisma.
(d) Fun and depression.
Short Answer Questions
1. Complete the following title: "First Fruits of Them that..."
2. What is the title of Part Four?
3. What was Peter's job?
4. Who does the author say was an important part of Jesus' traveling ministry?
5. What form of punishment does the author say was frequent in the ancient world?
Short Essay Questions
1. What influence does the author suggest that the Cynics had on Jesus' teachings?
2. In what way could Christians have a problem with the author factualizing the crucifixion?
3. How influential does the author think other philosophies were on Jesus' teachings?
4. Why did Jesus' followers reinterpret history to suit their own purposes?
5. What does the author think Jesus was an individualist?
6. What was Jesus' opinion of Bethany?
7. What do the two quotes at the beginning of the section comment on?
8. In what way does the author think Jesus trod a fine line between the passive and direct forms of confrontation?
9. What parallels does cross-cultural research draw between Jesus' teachings and other philosophies?
10. What effect did the patrron/client relationship have on Greco-Roman society?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)