|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who would eat the remains of a man left on a cross?
(a) The poor.
(b) The upper-class Romans.
(c) Lions and tigers.
(d) Birds and dogs.
2. Who does the author say was an important part of Jesus' traveling ministry?
3. What does the author think that Jesus' casting out of demons is a metaphor for?
(a) The casting off of oppressive authority.
(b) The casting off of family restrictions.
(c) The casting off of the ego.
(d) The casting off of hate.
4. What does the author say defined the actions and intentions of anyone who helped write the New Testament?
(a) Roman law.
(d) Mental instability.
5. Complete the following sentence: "extended to others as both challenge and ..."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say must be present for oppressed groups to revolt?
2. Which of Jesus' disciples was known as the Beloved Disciple?
3. Who does the author think may have been the true author of the Gospel of St. Mark?
4. How does the author think Jesus cured the man of leprosy?
5. What are the two traditional spiritual responses to evil in the world?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the author say about Pontius Pilate?
2. What does the author think Jesus was an individualist?
3. Why did Jesus' followers reinterpret history to suit their own purposes?
4. What were the reasons Jesus went to Jerusalem?
5. What does the quote at the beginning of part five comment on?
6. What influence does the author suggest that the Cynics had on Jesus' teachings?
7. What does the author say is the intention of Jesus' nature miracles?
8. How influential does the author think other philosophies were on Jesus' teachings?
9. What does the author say about Barabbas in this section?
10. In what way does the author think Jesus challenged society by touching the leper?
This section contains 796 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)