|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What miracle does the author talk about in this section?
(a) The fish and the loaves.
(b) Raising Lazarus from the dead.
(c) Curing a leper.
(d) Jesus walking on water.
2. Who does the author call an ordinary second-rank Roman governor?
(a) Julius Caesar.
(b) Gianluca Barrabbas.
(c) Michael Corleone.
(d) Pontius Pilate.
3. Whose writings about Jesus' resurrection does the author examine?
(a) St. Paul's.
(b) St. Mark's.
(c) St. Luke's.
(d) St. David's.
4. Which stories does the author break down and analyze at the end of this section?
(a) The crucific stories.
(b) The resurrection stories.
(c) The burial stories.
(d) The birth stories.
5. What does the author state was different about Jesus and his beliefs about the Kingdom of God?
(a) He did not believe them.
(b) He acted upon them.
(c) He believed them.
(d) He could convince powerful people of the validity of his claims.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Romans do with bodies on the crosses if they didn't decide to leave them there?
2. What was Peter's job?
3. Complete the following title: "The Arts of..."
4. What does the author say Jesus' crucifixion was based upon?
5. What feast does the author talk about in Part Six?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were the reasons Jesus went to Jerusalem?
2. Why did Jesus' followers reinterpret history to suit their own purposes?
3. What effect did the patrron/client relationship have on Greco-Roman society?
4. What was Jesus' opinion of Bethany?
5. In what way does the author think Jesus challenged society by touching the leper?
6. What does the author say is the intention of Jesus' nature miracles?
7. What do the two quotes at the beginning of the section comment on?
8. What does the author think Jesus was an individualist?
9. What does the author say about Paul's revelation of Jesus' power and truth?
10. What does the quote at the beginning of part six comment on?
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)