|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What title was Jesus' brother bestowed with?
(a) The Jinx.
(b) The Just.
(c) The Honest.
(d) The Lithe.
2. Who does the author call an ordinary second-rank Roman governor?
(a) Julius Caesar.
(b) Gianluca Barrabbas.
(c) Michael Corleone.
(d) Pontius Pilate.
3. What disease of contemporary society does the author talk about in this section?
4. Which stories does the author break down and analyze at the end of this section?
(a) The crucific stories.
(b) The burial stories.
(c) The resurrection stories.
(d) The birth stories.
5. What miracle does the author talk about in this section?
(a) Curing a leper.
(b) Raising Lazarus from the dead.
(c) Jesus walking on water.
(d) The fish and the loaves.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the man Jesus was said to have brought to life?
2. Why does the author claim Jesus' followers developed stories about what happened to Jesus' body?
3. What does the author think that Jesus' casting out of demons is a metaphor for?
4. What are the two traditional spiritual responses to evil in the world?
5. What does the author say the revelations in the New Testament were defined by?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the quote at the beginning of part six comment on?
2. Describe the quotes at the beginning of this section?
3. What does the author say about Pontius Pilate?
4. What were the reasons Jesus went to Jerusalem?
5. What does the author think Jesus was an individualist?
6. Why does the author think Jesus' followers developed stories about what happened to Jesus' body?
7. What do the two quotes at the beginning of the section comment on?
8. In what way could Christians have a problem with the author factualizing the crucifixion?
9. In what way does the author think Jesus trod a fine line between the passive and direct forms of confrontation?
10. What does the author say is the intention of Jesus' nature miracles?
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)