|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Romans do with bodies on the crosses if they didn't decide to leave them there?
(a) Throw them into the sea.
(b) Burn them.
(c) Cut them up and feed them to dogs.
(d) Put them in a shallow grave.
2. Which member of Jesus' family lived in Jerusalem?
(a) His sister sarah.
(b) His brother James.
(c) His mother.
(d) His father.
3. What does the author state was different about Jesus and his beliefs about the Kingdom of God?
(a) He believed them.
(b) He did not believe them.
(c) He could convince powerful people of the validity of his claims.
(d) He acted upon them.
4. Which festival was Barabbas' release meant to honor?
5. What does the author say must be present for oppressed groups to revolt?
(a) Great desperation.
(b) Hatred of authority.
(c) Strong family structure.
(d) A weak government.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which stories does the author break down and analyze at the end of this section?
2. What does the author say was a key aspect of the Greco-Roman culture of that time?
3. Complete the following sentence: "careful to distinguish between the rich and the poor, the powerful and the powerless... the aristocrat and the..."
4. Complete the following title: "The Dogs Beneath the... "
5. What is the first idea that the author challenges about Jesus in this section?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the author say about Pontius Pilate?
2. What does the author say about Paul's revelation of Jesus' power and truth?
3. What parallels does cross-cultural research draw between Jesus' teachings and other philosophies?
4. What were the reasons Jesus went to Jerusalem?
5. What does the quote at the beginning of part six comment on?
6. Why does the author quote extensively from the gospel of St. Luke?
7. What effect did the patrron/client relationship have on Greco-Roman society?
8. What does the author say is the intention of Jesus' nature miracles?
9. Why does the author think crucifixion was the ultimate form of punishment?
10. What was Jesus' opinion of Bethany?
This section contains 809 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)