|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author say the stories of Jesus' resurrection were metaphoric interpretations of?
(a) The idea that there is only one God.
(b) The decline of Roman rule.
(c) The people's need for a savior.
(d) The growth of Christian faith.
2. Which stories does the author break down and analyze at the end of this section?
(a) The burial stories.
(b) The birth stories.
(c) The resurrection stories.
(d) The crucific stories.
3. What does the author think that Jesus' casting out of demons is a metaphor for?
(a) The casting off of the ego.
(b) The casting off of hate.
(c) The casting off of family restrictions.
(d) The casting off of oppressive authority.
4. Whose writings about Jesus' resurrection does the author examine?
(a) St. Paul's.
(b) St. David's.
(c) St. Mark's.
(d) St. Luke's.
5. What does the author call Jesus' miracles like walking on water and filling the the fisherman's nets with fish?
(a) People's miracles.
(b) Life miracles.
(c) Miracles of the fantastic.
(d) Nature miracles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the author say was not a robber?
2. What disease of contemporary society does the author talk about in this section?
3. Which member of Jesus' family lived in Jerusalem?
4. Whose gospel does the author quote extensively from in this section?
5. Which of the following constraints does the author say Jesus lived under?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)