|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the author think may have been the true author of the Gospel of St. Mark?
(a) Mary Magdelene.
(b) The Virgin Mary.
2. Who would eat the remains of a man left on a cross?
(a) The upper-class Romans.
(b) The poor.
(c) Birds and dogs.
(d) Lions and tigers.
3. Which festival was Barabbas' release meant to honor?
4. How does the author describe the Cynics' natures?
5. What miracle does the author talk about in this section?
(a) The fish and the loaves.
(b) Jesus walking on water.
(c) Raising Lazarus from the dead.
(d) Curing a leper.
Short Answer Questions
1. Complete the following title: "The Arts of..."
2. Who do most scholars think is the woman of Bethany?
3. What is the title of Part Four?
4. What title was Jesus' brother bestowed with?
5. What did the Romans do with bodies on the crosses if they didn't decide to leave them there?
Short Essay Questions
1. What effect did the patrron/client relationship have on Greco-Roman society?
2. Why does the author think crucifixion was the ultimate form of punishment?
3. What parallels does cross-cultural research draw between Jesus' teachings and other philosophies?
4. How does the author interpret the story of Jesus casting demons into a herd of pigs?
5. What does the author say is the intention of Jesus' nature miracles?
6. What do the two quotes at the beginning of the section comment on?
7. In what way does the author think Jesus challenged society by touching the leper?
8. What does the author say about Pontius Pilate?
9. Describe the quotes at the beginning of this section?
10. What does the author say about Barabbas in this section?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)