|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author say he is searching once again in Chapter Six?
(a) The light.
(b) The darkness.
(c) Homer's poems.
(d) The scriptures.
2. What does the author say that miraculous is the primary anchor of?
(a) Religious orientation.
(b) The Kingdom of God.
(c) Human nature.
(d) Blind faith.
3. Which member of Jesus' family lived in Jerusalem?
(a) His father.
(b) His sister sarah.
(c) His mother.
(d) His brother James.
4. What does the author think that Jesus' casting out of demons is a metaphor for?
(a) The casting off of family restrictions.
(b) The casting off of hate.
(c) The casting off of oppressive authority.
(d) The casting off of the ego.
5. Who does the author say was an important part of Jesus' traveling ministry?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say the resurrection stories were based on?
2. What does the author state was different about Jesus and his beliefs about the Kingdom of God?
3. Who do most scholars think is the woman of Bethany?
4. What miracle does the author talk about in this section?
5. What feast does the author talk about in Part Six?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Jesus' opinion of Bethany?
2. What does the author say about Pontius Pilate?
3. In what way does the author think Jesus trod a fine line between the passive and direct forms of confrontation?
4. What were the reasons Jesus went to Jerusalem?
5. Why does the author quote extensively from the gospel of St. Luke?
6. How does the author interpret the story of Jesus casting demons into a herd of pigs?
7. Why does the author think crucifixion was the ultimate form of punishment?
8. What does the author say about Barabbas in this section?
9. Describe the quotes at the beginning of this section?
10. What parallels does cross-cultural research draw between Jesus' teachings and other philosophies?
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)