|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Complete the following title: "The Arts of..."
2. Who does the author call an ordinary second-rank Roman governor?
(a) Julius Caesar.
(b) Pontius Pilate.
(c) Michael Corleone.
(d) Gianluca Barrabbas.
3. What does the author define disease as?
(a) A personal hell.
(b) A social stigma.
(c) An individual experience.
(d) A soul destroyer.
4. Complete the following title: "First Fruits of Them that..."
5. Who does the author say was not a robber?
(a) James the Just.
Short Answer Questions
1. Complete the following title: "The Dogs Beneath the... "
2. What does the author say the stories of Jesus' resurrection were metaphoric interpretations of?
3. Whose gospel does the author quote extensively from in this section?
4. What does the author state was different about Jesus and his beliefs about the Kingdom of God?
5. What disease did the person suffer from that the author says Jesus healed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the author say about Paul's revelation of Jesus' power and truth?
2. What does the quote at the beginning of part five comment on?
3. Why does the author quote extensively from the gospel of St. Luke?
4. In what way does the author think Jesus challenged society by touching the leper?
5. What effect did the patrron/client relationship have on Greco-Roman society?
6. What does the author say about Barabbas in this section?
7. What does the author think Jesus was an individualist?
8. Why did Jesus' followers reinterpret history to suit their own purposes?
9. How does the author interpret the story of Jesus casting demons into a herd of pigs?
10. In what way does the author think Jesus trod a fine line between the passive and direct forms of confrontation?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)