|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the meal that the author mentions in Part Seven?
(a) Sausage and gravy.
(b) Beef stew.
(c) Bread and fish.
(d) Biscuits and gravy.
2. What does the author think that Jesus' casting out of demons is a metaphor for?
(a) The casting off of family restrictions.
(b) The casting off of hate.
(c) The casting off of the ego.
(d) The casting off of oppressive authority.
3. Which of the following does the author not mention as one of the constraints Jesus lived under?
4. Which authority figure does the author describe as charming?
(a) King Herod.
(b) John the Baptist.
(c) Pontius Pilate.
(d) Julius Caesar.
5. What does the author say the resurrection stories were based on?
(a) New Testament prohecies.
(b) Jewish legend.
(c) Greek legend.
(d) Old Testament prophecies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following constraints does the author say Jesus lived under?
2. Which stories does the author break down and analyze at the end of this section?
3. What does the author say the Cynics challenged?
4. Who does the author say was an important part of Jesus' traveling ministry?
5. Who does the author say reinterprets the circumstances of Jesus' death?
Short Essay Questions
1. What parallels does cross-cultural research draw between Jesus' teachings and other philosophies?
2. What does the quote at the beginning of part five comment on?
3. What does the quote at the beginning of part six comment on?
4. What influence does the author suggest that the Cynics had on Jesus' teachings?
5. Why does the author think crucifixion was the ultimate form of punishment?
6. In what way does the author think Jesus trod a fine line between the passive and direct forms of confrontation?
7. Why does the author think Jesus' followers developed stories about what happened to Jesus' body?
8. What does the author say is the intention of Jesus' nature miracles?
9. What does the author say about Barabbas in this section?
10. Describe the quotes at the beginning of this section?
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)