|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What other disease does the author say attracted negative attention to its victims?
(a) Small pox.
2. What does the author say was a key aspect of the Greco-Roman culture of that time?
(a) The God/public relationship.
(b) The patron/client relationship.
(c) The European/African relationship/
(d) The working-class/upper class relationship.
3. What does the author say the New Testament was trying to echo?
(a) Old Testament prophecies.
(b) Greek philosophy.
(c) Greek plays.
(d) Roman law.
4. What does the author say Jesus was trying to break down?
(a) The socio-spiritual status quo.
(b) Boundaries between countries.
(c) Roman oppression.
(d) Class distinction.
5. Why does the author claim Jesus' followers developed stories about what happened to Jesus' body?
(a) They knew reality would not inspire people.
(b) The couldn't accept the reality.
(c) They wanted to scare the Romans.
(d) They wanted to make out that Jesus would in some way live forever.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say the early Christian community was not immune to?
2. What does the author call Jesus' miracles like walking on water and filling the the fisherman's nets with fish?
3. Complete the following title: " A Respected Member of the..."
4. Which member of Jesus' family lived in Jerusalem?
5. What does the author say is the most controversial aspect of his argument?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author interpret the story of Jesus casting demons into a herd of pigs?
2. What does the author think Jesus was an individualist?
3. What does the author say is the intention of Jesus' nature miracles?
4. Why does the author quote extensively from the gospel of St. Luke?
5. Why does the author think crucifixion was the ultimate form of punishment?
6. What do the two quotes at the beginning of the section comment on?
7. What does the author say was the intention of the resurrection stories?
8. What does the quote at the beginning of part five comment on?
9. In what way could Christians have a problem with the author factualizing the crucifixion?
10. What was Jesus' opinion of Bethany?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)