|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author say is the most controversial aspect of his argument?
(a) Factualizing the Crucifixion.
(b) Denying Jesus' existance.
(c) Claiming Jesus was not original.
(d) Claiming they killed the wrong man.
2. What was Peter's job?
(a) A fisherman.
(b) A sailor.
(c) A shepherd.
(d) A market trader.
3. Who does the author say reinterprets the circumstances of Jesus' death?
(a) The Christian Movement.
(b) The Egyptians.
(c) The Romans.
(d) The People's Movement.
4. What does the author say defined the actions and intentions of anyone who helped write the New Testament?
(a) Mental instability.
(c) Roman law.
5. Complete the following title: "A Corpse for the... "
(a) The Pretty Boys.
(b) Wild Beasts.
(c) The Faithless.
(d) The Romans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author state was different about Jesus and his beliefs about the Kingdom of God?
2. What does the author say the early Christian community was not immune to?
3. What does one Biblical story say that Jesus cast out of human beings?
4. What does the author call Jesus' miracles like walking on water and filling the the fisherman's nets with fish?
5. Which of Jesus' disciples was known as the Beloved Disciple?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the author think Jesus' followers developed stories about what happened to Jesus' body?
2. In what way could Christians have a problem with the author factualizing the crucifixion?
3. What does the author say about Barabbas in this section?
4. What do the two quotes at the beginning of the section comment on?
5. Why does the author quote extensively from the gospel of St. Luke?
6. What does the author think Jesus was an individualist?
7. What does the quote at the beginning of part six comment on?
8. Why did Jesus' followers reinterpret history to suit their own purposes?
9. What does the quote at the beginning of part five comment on?
10. In what way does the author think Jesus challenged society by touching the leper?
This section contains 796 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)