|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author think that Jesus' casting out of demons is a metaphor for?
(a) The casting off of oppressive authority.
(b) The casting off of family restrictions.
(c) The casting off of hate.
(d) The casting off of the ego.
2. What does the author define disease as?
(a) A soul destroyer.
(b) A social stigma.
(c) An individual experience.
(d) A personal hell.
3. Who does the author say was not a robber?
(a) James the Just.
4. Which of the following constraints does the author say Jesus lived under?
5. Complete the following title: " A Respected Member of the..."
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the author call an ordinary second-rank Roman governor?
2. What does the author say the resurrection stories were based on?
3. What is the title of the epilogue?
4. Why does the author think that crucifixion is the ultimate punishment?
5. What other disease does the author say attracted negative attention to its victims?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)