|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which stories does the author break down and analyze at the end of this section?
(a) The crucific stories.
(b) The birth stories.
(c) The resurrection stories.
(d) The burial stories.
2. What is the title of Part Six?
(a) The Dogs Beneath the Cross.
(b) Presents Sent to Deprave.
(c) Days of Yore.
(d) How Many Years Was Easter Sunday.
3. What is the name of the man Jesus was said to have brought to life?
4. What does the author say that miraculous is the primary anchor of?
(a) Human nature.
(b) The Kingdom of God.
(c) Blind faith.
(d) Religious orientation.
5. What does the author say the Cynics challenged?
(a) The need for war.
(b) Class systems.
(c) Dietary matters.
(d) Traditional ideas.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the author think Jesus cured the man of leprosy?
2. What does the author say the stories of Jesus' resurrection were metaphoric interpretations of?
3. What does the author call Jesus' miracles like walking on water and filling the the fisherman's nets with fish?
4. What is the title of Part Four?
5. What two things do the quotes at the beginning of Part Seven contemplate?
Short Essay Questions
1. What influence does the author suggest that the Cynics had on Jesus' teachings?
2. Why does the author think Jesus' followers developed stories about what happened to Jesus' body?
3. What was Jesus' opinion of Bethany?
4. Describe the quotes at the beginning of this section?
5. What parallels does cross-cultural research draw between Jesus' teachings and other philosophies?
6. In what way could Christians have a problem with the author factualizing the crucifixion?
7. Why does the author quote extensively from the gospel of St. Luke?
8. What does the author say was the intention of the resurrection stories?
9. What does the author think Jesus was an individualist?
10. What does the quote at the beginning of part six comment on?
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)