|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the author say was an important part of Jesus' traveling ministry?
2. What does the author say must be present for oppressed groups to revolt?
(a) A weak government.
(b) Hatred of authority.
(c) Strong family structure.
(d) Great desperation.
3. What was Peter's job?
(a) A fisherman.
(b) A sailor.
(c) A market trader.
(d) A shepherd.
4. Which member of Jesus' family lived in Jerusalem?
(a) His father.
(b) His sister sarah.
(c) His mother.
(d) His brother James.
5. What does the author say the New Testament was trying to echo?
(a) Old Testament prophecies.
(b) Greek philosophy.
(c) Greek plays.
(d) Roman law.
6. Which of Jesus' disciples was known as the Beloved Disciple?
(a) St. David.
(b) St. John.
(c) St. Peter.
(d) St. Luke.
7. What is the first idea that the author challenges about Jesus in this section?
(a) Jesus was not Jewish.
(b) He did not walk on water.
(c) He did not send out twelve apostles to spread his word.
(d) Judas did not betray him.
8. What form of punishment does the author say was frequent in the ancient world?
9. Complete the following title: "A Corpse for the... "
(a) The Pretty Boys.
(b) The Faithless.
(c) Wild Beasts.
(d) The Romans.
10. What are the two traditional spiritual responses to evil in the world?
(a) The hate-filled and the love-filled.
(b) The economic and the illogical.
(c) The miraculous and the revolutionary.
(d) The sane and the insane.
11. The man who asked for Jesus' body after His death was Joseph of ______________.
(c) Tel Aviv.
12. What does the author say is the most controversial aspect of his argument?
(a) Claiming Jesus was not original.
(b) Denying Jesus' existance.
(c) Claiming they killed the wrong man.
(d) Factualizing the Crucifixion.
13. What is the title of the epilogue?
(a) From Jesus to Christ.
(b) Rites of Way.
(c) Wear Thou Sandal and Run.
(d) Implementing a Religion.
14. Which authority figure does the author describe as charming?
(a) Julius Caesar.
(b) King Herod.
(c) Pontius Pilate.
(d) John the Baptist.
15. Complete the following title: "The Arts of..."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say that miraculous is the primary anchor of?
2. Complete the following title: "First Fruits of Them that..."
3. Who does the author say reinterprets the circumstances of Jesus' death?
4. Complete the following sentence: "for the faith that was there before, despite, or even because of..."
5. What did the Romans do with bodies on the crosses if they didn't decide to leave them there?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)