|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Complete the following title: "The Race to the..."
(a) Cotton Fields.
(d) Empty Tomb.
2. What does the author define disease as?
(a) An individual experience.
(b) A soul destroyer.
(c) A personal hell.
(d) A social stigma.
3. Why does the author think that crucifixion is the ultimate punishment?
(a) Sometimes one does not die.
(b) You are faced with going to hell.
(c) It takes longer than other punishments.
(d) It destroys an individual physically and morally.
4. What is the title of Part Four?
(a) Laws of the Land.
(b) Desperate Measures for Desperate Times.
(c) In the Beginning was the Body.
(d) No Staff, No Sandals, and no knapsack.
5. What does the author say that miraculous is the primary anchor of?
(a) Human nature.
(b) The Kingdom of God.
(c) Religious orientation.
(d) Blind faith.
6. What feast does the author talk about in Part Six?
(d) Christmas Day.
7. What title was Jesus' brother bestowed with?
(a) The Honest.
(b) The Just.
(c) The Jinx.
(d) The Lithe.
8. Whose writings about Jesus' resurrection does the author examine?
(a) St. Luke's.
(b) St. Mark's.
(c) St. David's.
(d) St. Paul's.
9. How does the author think Jesus cured the man of leprosy?
(a) He transcended social stigma.
(b) He muttered a prayer.
(c) He used God's power.
(d) He gave him his energy.
10. Who did Jesus say was traditionally the beneficiary of a man's success?
(a) The man's family.
(b) The government.
(c) The upper-classes.
(d) The man's boss.
11. What does the author say is the most controversial aspect of his argument?
(a) Denying Jesus' existance.
(b) Factualizing the Crucifixion.
(c) Claiming Jesus was not original.
(d) Claiming they killed the wrong man.
12. How does the author describe the Cynics' natures?
13. Who does the author say was an important part of Jesus' traveling ministry?
14. What two things do the quotes at the beginning of Part Seven contemplate?
(a) Beauty and Charisma.
(b) Love and hate.
(c) Fun and depression.
(d) Death and life.
15. Which of Jesus' disciples was known as the Beloved Disciple?
(a) St. Luke.
(b) St. Peter.
(c) St. John.
(d) St. David.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the meal that the author mentions in Part Seven?
2. What does the author say the early Christian community was not immune to?
3. What are the two traditional spiritual responses to evil in the world?
4. What other disease does the author say attracted negative attention to its victims?
5. Complete the following title: "A Corpse for the... "
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)