|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the author say was not a robber?
(d) James the Just.
2. What form of punishment does the author say was frequent in the ancient world?
3. What is the title of Part Six?
(a) The Dogs Beneath the Cross.
(b) Days of Yore.
(c) How Many Years Was Easter Sunday.
(d) Presents Sent to Deprave.
4. Who does the author say was an important part of Jesus' traveling ministry?
5. Which stories does the author break down and analyze at the end of this section?
(a) The resurrection stories.
(b) The birth stories.
(c) The burial stories.
(d) The crucific stories.
6. What does the author say the Cynics challenged?
(a) The need for war.
(b) Dietary matters.
(c) Class systems.
(d) Traditional ideas.
7. Complete the following title: "First Fruits of Them that..."
8. Who does the author think may have been the true author of the Gospel of St. Mark?
(a) Mary Magdelene.
(c) The Virgin Mary.
9. How was James different from Jesus?
(a) He had social and economic status.
(b) He lived on the streets.
(c) He had a huge family.
(d) He was not spiritual.
10. What did the Romans do with bodies on the crosses if they didn't decide to leave them there?
(a) Put them in a shallow grave.
(b) Cut them up and feed them to dogs.
(c) Throw them into the sea.
(d) Burn them.
11. Who does the author say reinterprets the circumstances of Jesus' death?
(a) The People's Movement.
(b) The Egyptians.
(c) The Romans.
(d) The Christian Movement.
12. What does the author say he is searching once again in Chapter Six?
(a) The light.
(b) The scriptures.
(c) The darkness.
(d) Homer's poems.
13. How does the author think Jesus cured the man of leprosy?
(a) He muttered a prayer.
(b) He gave him his energy.
(c) He transcended social stigma.
(d) He used God's power.
14. What does the author define disease as?
(a) A soul destroyer.
(b) A personal hell.
(c) An individual experience.
(d) A social stigma.
15. Who do most scholars think is the woman of Bethany?
(a) Sarah Janus.
(b) The Virgin Mary.
(c) Mary Magdalene.
(d) Petra Pilate.
Short Answer Questions
1. Complete the following title: "A Corpse for the... "
2. Which authority figure does the author describe as charming?
3. What does one Biblical story say that Jesus cast out of human beings?
4. What does the author say defined the actions and intentions of anyone who helped write the New Testament?
5. What other disease does the author say attracted negative attention to its victims?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)