|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the author say reinterprets the circumstances of Jesus' death?
(a) The Romans.
(b) The Egyptians.
(c) The People's Movement.
(d) The Christian Movement.
2. Complete the following title: "The Race to the..."
(a) Cotton Fields.
(b) Empty Tomb.
3. What is the title of Part Six?
(a) Days of Yore.
(b) How Many Years Was Easter Sunday.
(c) Presents Sent to Deprave.
(d) The Dogs Beneath the Cross.
4. The man who asked for Jesus' body after His death was Joseph of ______________.
(a) Tel Aviv.
5. Who does the author say was not a robber?
(a) James the Just.
6. Which member of Jesus' family lived in Jerusalem?
(a) His mother.
(b) His father.
(c) His sister sarah.
(d) His brother James.
7. What does the author say the resurrection stories were based on?
(a) Jewish legend.
(b) Old Testament prophecies.
(c) Greek legend.
(d) New Testament prohecies.
8. What form of punishment does the author say was frequent in the ancient world?
9. Complete the following title: "The Arts of..."
10. What was Peter's job?
(a) A market trader.
(b) A sailor.
(c) A shepherd.
(d) A fisherman.
11. How does the author think Jesus cured the man of leprosy?
(a) He used God's power.
(b) He muttered a prayer.
(c) He gave him his energy.
(d) He transcended social stigma.
12. What does the author say Jesus was trying to break down?
(a) Roman oppression.
(b) The socio-spiritual status quo.
(c) Class distinction.
(d) Boundaries between countries.
13. What does the author think that Jesus' casting out of demons is a metaphor for?
(a) The casting off of the ego.
(b) The casting off of hate.
(c) The casting off of family restrictions.
(d) The casting off of oppressive authority.
14. What title was Jesus' brother bestowed with?
(a) The Lithe.
(b) The Honest.
(c) The Jinx.
(d) The Just.
15. What does the author say he is searching once again in Chapter Six?
(a) The light.
(b) Homer's poems.
(c) The darkness.
(d) The scriptures.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the unnamed woman from?
2. Who does the author call an ordinary second-rank Roman governor?
3. Who do most scholars think is the woman of Bethany?
4. What does one Biblical story say that Jesus cast out of human beings?
5. Complete the following title: "First Fruits of Them that..."
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)