|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author call Jesus' miracles like walking on water and filling the the fisherman's nets with fish?
(a) Nature miracles.
(b) Miracles of the fantastic.
(c) Life miracles.
(d) People's miracles.
2. What are the two traditional spiritual responses to evil in the world?
(a) The hate-filled and the love-filled.
(b) The sane and the insane.
(c) The miraculous and the revolutionary.
(d) The economic and the illogical.
3. What does the author say the early Christian community was not immune to?
(d) Hate crimes.
4. Which of Jesus' disciples was known as the Beloved Disciple?
(a) St. Luke.
(b) St. David.
(c) St. Peter.
(d) St. John.
5. Complete the following title: "A Corpse for the... "
(a) The Faithless.
(b) Wild Beasts.
(c) The Pretty Boys.
(d) The Romans.
6. Complete the following sentence: "extended to others as both challenge and ..."
7. Who does the author call an ordinary second-rank Roman governor?
(a) Julius Caesar.
(b) Pontius Pilate.
(c) Michael Corleone.
(d) Gianluca Barrabbas.
8. What disease does the author compare AIDs to in terms of the reaction of society towards it?
9. What does the author say was a key aspect of the Greco-Roman culture of that time?
(a) The God/public relationship.
(b) The European/African relationship/
(c) The working-class/upper class relationship.
(d) The patron/client relationship.
10. What does the author define disease as?
(a) A personal hell.
(b) A social stigma.
(c) An individual experience.
(d) A soul destroyer.
11. What does the author say is the most controversial aspect of his argument?
(a) Claiming they killed the wrong man.
(b) Factualizing the Crucifixion.
(c) Denying Jesus' existance.
(d) Claiming Jesus was not original.
12. What does the author say Jesus' crucifixion was based upon?
(a) Word of mouth.
13. Who does the author say reinterprets the circumstances of Jesus' death?
(a) The Egyptians.
(b) The People's Movement.
(c) The Christian Movement.
(d) The Romans.
14. How does the author think Jesus cured the man of leprosy?
(a) He used God's power.
(b) He transcended social stigma.
(c) He gave him his energy.
(d) He muttered a prayer.
15. What title was Jesus' brother bestowed with?
(a) The Jinx.
(b) The Lithe.
(c) The Honest.
(d) The Just.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of Part Six?
2. What does the author say that miraculous is the primary anchor of?
3. Complete the following title: "The Dogs Beneath the... "
4. Who does the author think may have been the true author of the Gospel of St. Mark?
5. What does the author state was different about Jesus and his beliefs about the Kingdom of God?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)