|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Jesus say was traditionally the beneficiary of a man's success?
(a) The man's family.
(b) The man's boss.
(c) The government.
(d) The upper-classes.
2. What does the author say the Cynics challenged?
(a) Class systems.
(b) Dietary matters.
(c) Traditional ideas.
(d) The need for war.
3. Complete the following title: "A Corpse for the... "
(a) The Faithless.
(b) The Romans.
(c) Wild Beasts.
(d) The Pretty Boys.
4. Whose gospel does the author quote extensively from in this section?
(a) St. Paul's.
(b) St. James's.
(c) St. Luke's.
(d) St. Mark's.
5. What is the title of the epilogue?
(a) Rites of Way.
(b) Wear Thou Sandal and Run.
(c) Implementing a Religion.
(d) From Jesus to Christ.
6. What does the author say is the most controversial aspect of his argument?
(a) Factualizing the Crucifixion.
(b) Claiming Jesus was not original.
(c) Claiming they killed the wrong man.
(d) Denying Jesus' existance.
7. What is the first idea that the author challenges about Jesus in this section?
(a) Judas did not betray him.
(b) He did not send out twelve apostles to spread his word.
(c) Jesus was not Jewish.
(d) He did not walk on water.
8. The man who asked for Jesus' body after His death was Joseph of ______________.
(c) Tel Aviv.
9. What does the author say Jesus was trying to break down?
(a) Class distinction.
(b) Roman oppression.
(c) Boundaries between countries.
(d) The socio-spiritual status quo.
10. What did the Romans do with bodies on the crosses if they didn't decide to leave them there?
(a) Cut them up and feed them to dogs.
(b) Burn them.
(c) Throw them into the sea.
(d) Put them in a shallow grave.
11. Who do most scholars think is the woman of Bethany?
(a) Sarah Janus.
(b) Mary Magdalene.
(c) The Virgin Mary.
(d) Petra Pilate.
12. Complete the following title: "The Arts of..."
13. Which Greek philosophers does the author say inspired Jesus?
(b) The Cynics.
14. Complete the following sentence: "careful to distinguish between the rich and the poor, the powerful and the powerless... the aristocrat and the..."
15. Who does the author call an ordinary second-rank Roman governor?
(a) Julius Caesar.
(b) Pontius Pilate.
(c) Gianluca Barrabbas.
(d) Michael Corleone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following constraints does the author say Jesus lived under?
2. Who would eat the remains of a man left on a cross?
3. Complete the following title: "The Race to the..."
4. How does the author describe the Cynics' natures?
5. What disease did the person suffer from that the author says Jesus healed?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)