|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Complete the following sentence: "careful to distinguish between the rich and the poor, the powerful and the powerless... the aristocrat and the..."
2. Where was the unnamed woman from?
3. Who do most scholars think is the woman of Bethany?
(a) Petra Pilate.
(b) The Virgin Mary.
(c) Mary Magdalene.
(d) Sarah Janus.
4. What is the title of the epilogue?
(a) From Jesus to Christ.
(b) Wear Thou Sandal and Run.
(c) Rites of Way.
(d) Implementing a Religion.
5. What two things do the quotes at the beginning of Part Seven contemplate?
(a) Death and life.
(b) Fun and depression.
(c) Love and hate.
(d) Beauty and Charisma.
6. What does the author think that Jesus' casting out of demons is a metaphor for?
(a) The casting off of family restrictions.
(b) The casting off of the ego.
(c) The casting off of hate.
(d) The casting off of oppressive authority.
7. What does the author say he is searching once again in Chapter Six?
(a) The darkness.
(b) The scriptures.
(c) Homer's poems.
(d) The light.
8. Who did Jesus say was traditionally the beneficiary of a man's success?
(a) The man's boss.
(b) The government.
(c) The man's family.
(d) The upper-classes.
9. How was James different from Jesus?
(a) He was not spiritual.
(b) He lived on the streets.
(c) He had social and economic status.
(d) He had a huge family.
10. Whose gospel does the author quote extensively from in this section?
(a) St. Luke's.
(b) St. Paul's.
(c) St. Mark's.
(d) St. James's.
11. Which of Jesus' disciples was known as the Beloved Disciple?
(a) St. John.
(b) St. David.
(c) St. Luke.
(d) St. Peter.
12. The man who asked for Jesus' body after His death was Joseph of ______________.
(d) Tel Aviv.
13. What does the author say the Cynics challenged?
(a) Class systems.
(b) Traditional ideas.
(c) The need for war.
(d) Dietary matters.
14. Whose leadership did Jesus establish during the miracle of the loaves and the bread?
(a) St. Joseph's.
(b) St. Peter's.
(c) St. David's.
15. What does the author say was a key aspect of the Greco-Roman culture of that time?
(a) The working-class/upper class relationship.
(b) The European/African relationship/
(c) The patron/client relationship.
(d) The God/public relationship.
Short Answer Questions
1. What miracle does the author talk about in this section?
2. Complete the following sentence: "for the faith that was there before, despite, or even because of..."
3. Which stories does the author break down and analyze at the end of this section?
4. What feast does the author talk about in Part Six?
5. What was Peter's job?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)