|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author state was different about Jesus and his beliefs about the Kingdom of God?
(a) He acted upon them.
(b) He did not believe them.
(c) He believed them.
(d) He could convince powerful people of the validity of his claims.
2. What does the author say is the most controversial aspect of his argument?
(a) Claiming they killed the wrong man.
(b) Claiming Jesus was not original.
(c) Denying Jesus' existance.
(d) Factualizing the Crucifixion.
3. What does the author say the New Testament was trying to echo?
(a) Greek philosophy.
(b) Greek plays.
(c) Old Testament prophecies.
(d) Roman law.
4. What two things do the quotes at the beginning of Part Seven contemplate?
(a) Fun and depression.
(b) Death and life.
(c) Beauty and Charisma.
(d) Love and hate.
5. Which Greek philosophers does the author say inspired Jesus?
(c) The Cynics.
6. Complete the following title: "The Dogs Beneath the... "
7. Which of the following constraints does the author say Jesus lived under?
8. The man who asked for Jesus' body after His death was Joseph of ______________.
(d) Tel Aviv.
9. Whose gospel does the author quote extensively from in this section?
(a) St. Mark's.
(b) St. Luke's.
(c) St. James's.
(d) St. Paul's.
10. Which of the following does the author not mention as one of the constraints Jesus lived under?
11. What does the author say defined the actions and intentions of anyone who helped write the New Testament?
(c) Mental instability.
(d) Roman law.
12. What does the author say the early Christian community was not immune to?
(b) Hate crimes.
13. What is the title of the epilogue?
(a) Implementing a Religion.
(b) Rites of Way.
(c) From Jesus to Christ.
(d) Wear Thou Sandal and Run.
14. What are the two traditional spiritual responses to evil in the world?
(a) The sane and the insane.
(b) The miraculous and the revolutionary.
(c) The hate-filled and the love-filled.
(d) The economic and the illogical.
15. Where was the unnamed woman from?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say the resurrection stories were based on?
2. What does the author say he is searching once again in Chapter Six?
3. Complete the following sentence: "careful to distinguish between the rich and the poor, the powerful and the powerless... the aristocrat and the..."
4. Complete the following title: " A Respected Member of the..."
5. Who does the author say was not a robber?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)