|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the author think Jesus cured the man of leprosy?
(a) He muttered a prayer.
(b) He gave him his energy.
(c) He transcended social stigma.
(d) He used God's power.
2. What does the author say the Cynics challenged?
(a) Class systems.
(b) Dietary matters.
(c) The need for war.
(d) Traditional ideas.
3. What is the title of Part Six?
(a) Days of Yore.
(b) Presents Sent to Deprave.
(c) The Dogs Beneath the Cross.
(d) How Many Years Was Easter Sunday.
4. What are the two traditional spiritual responses to evil in the world?
(a) The sane and the insane.
(b) The economic and the illogical.
(c) The miraculous and the revolutionary.
(d) The hate-filled and the love-filled.
5. Which festival was Barabbas' release meant to honor?
6. Who does the author say was an important part of Jesus' traveling ministry?
7. What does the author say is the most controversial aspect of his argument?
(a) Claiming Jesus was not original.
(b) Claiming they killed the wrong man.
(c) Factualizing the Crucifixion.
(d) Denying Jesus' existance.
8. Complete the following title: "The Race to the..."
(b) Cotton Fields.
(d) Empty Tomb.
9. What is the meal that the author mentions in Part Seven?
(a) Sausage and gravy.
(b) Bread and fish.
(c) Biscuits and gravy.
(d) Beef stew.
10. Whose leadership did Jesus establish during the miracle of the loaves and the bread?
(a) St. Peter's.
(b) St. Joseph's.
(c) St. David's.
11. Complete the following sentence: "careful to distinguish between the rich and the poor, the powerful and the powerless... the aristocrat and the..."
12. Which Greek philosophers does the author say inspired Jesus?
(d) The Cynics.
13. What form of punishment does the author say was frequent in the ancient world?
14. Which of the following does the author not mention as one of the constraints Jesus lived under?
15. Which authority figure does the author describe as charming?
(a) Pontius Pilate.
(b) John the Baptist.
(c) King Herod.
(d) Julius Caesar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What disease does the author compare AIDs to in terms of the reaction of society towards it?
2. Complete the following title: "The Arts of..."
3. What miracle does the author talk about in this section?
4. What other disease does the author say attracted negative attention to its victims?
5. Whose gospel does the author quote extensively from in this section?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)