|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the two traditional spiritual responses to evil in the world?
(a) The hate-filled and the love-filled.
(b) The economic and the illogical.
(c) The sane and the insane.
(d) The miraculous and the revolutionary.
2. Who does the author say was not a robber?
(b) James the Just.
3. How does the author think Jesus cured the man of leprosy?
(a) He gave him his energy.
(b) He muttered a prayer.
(c) He transcended social stigma.
(d) He used God's power.
4. What other disease does the author say attracted negative attention to its victims?
(b) Small pox.
5. Which of the following constraints does the author say Jesus lived under?
6. Complete the following title: " A Respected Member of the..."
7. What does the author say he is searching once again in Chapter Six?
(a) The light.
(b) The darkness.
(c) Homer's poems.
(d) The scriptures.
8. Who does the author call an ordinary second-rank Roman governor?
(a) Julius Caesar.
(b) Pontius Pilate.
(c) Gianluca Barrabbas.
(d) Michael Corleone.
9. What does the author say the Cynics challenged?
(a) Traditional ideas.
(b) The need for war.
(c) Dietary matters.
(d) Class systems.
10. What does the author say was a key aspect of the Greco-Roman culture of that time?
(a) The patron/client relationship.
(b) The God/public relationship.
(c) The European/African relationship/
(d) The working-class/upper class relationship.
11. How was James different from Jesus?
(a) He lived on the streets.
(b) He had social and economic status.
(c) He had a huge family.
(d) He was not spiritual.
12. What does the author state was different about Jesus and his beliefs about the Kingdom of God?
(a) He could convince powerful people of the validity of his claims.
(b) He believed them.
(c) He acted upon them.
(d) He did not believe them.
13. Who did Jesus say was traditionally the beneficiary of a man's success?
(a) The upper-classes.
(b) The government.
(c) The man's family.
(d) The man's boss.
14. Which of Jesus' disciples was known as the Beloved Disciple?
(a) St. David.
(b) St. John.
(c) St. Luke.
(d) St. Peter.
15. Complete the following title: "The Dogs Beneath the... "
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of Part Four?
2. What title was Jesus' brother bestowed with?
3. Who do most scholars think is the woman of Bethany?
4. Complete the following sentence: "extended to others as both challenge and ..."
5. Who would eat the remains of a man left on a cross?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)