|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author say the revelations in the New Testament were defined by?
(a) Struggle for power within the Christian community.
(b) The majorities inability to read.
(c) The need to communicate to the upper-classes.
(d) The need to get past the Roman censors.
2. Who does the author say was not a robber?
(d) James the Just.
3. What disease did the person suffer from that the author says Jesus healed?
(c) Small pox.
4. Which Greek philosophers does the author say inspired Jesus?
(d) The Cynics.
5. What does the author say that miraculous is the primary anchor of?
(a) Blind faith.
(b) Religious orientation.
(c) The Kingdom of God.
(d) Human nature.
6. Why does the author think that crucifixion is the ultimate punishment?
(a) It takes longer than other punishments.
(b) Sometimes one does not die.
(c) It destroys an individual physically and morally.
(d) You are faced with going to hell.
7. What does the author say he is searching once again in Chapter Six?
(a) The scriptures.
(b) Homer's poems.
(c) The darkness.
(d) The light.
8. What does the author say the New Testament was trying to echo?
(a) Roman law.
(b) Greek plays.
(c) Old Testament prophecies.
(d) Greek philosophy.
9. What does the author think that Jesus' casting out of demons is a metaphor for?
(a) The casting off of hate.
(b) The casting off of oppressive authority.
(c) The casting off of the ego.
(d) The casting off of family restrictions.
10. What disease does the author compare AIDs to in terms of the reaction of society towards it?
11. What feast does the author talk about in Part Six?
(a) Christmas Day.
12. What is the title of Part Six?
(a) Days of Yore.
(b) The Dogs Beneath the Cross.
(c) Presents Sent to Deprave.
(d) How Many Years Was Easter Sunday.
13. Complete the following title: "The Dogs Beneath the... "
14. What did the Romans do with bodies on the crosses if they didn't decide to leave them there?
(a) Put them in a shallow grave.
(b) Burn them.
(c) Throw them into the sea.
(d) Cut them up and feed them to dogs.
15. What are the two traditional spiritual responses to evil in the world?
(a) The sane and the insane.
(b) The hate-filled and the love-filled.
(c) The miraculous and the revolutionary.
(d) The economic and the illogical.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say Jesus' crucifixion was based upon?
2. Who do most scholars think is the woman of Bethany?
3. What does the author say was a key aspect of the Greco-Roman culture of that time?
4. Whose leadership did Jesus establish during the miracle of the loaves and the bread?
5. Complete the following title: "First Fruits of Them that..."
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)