|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author say was a key aspect of the Greco-Roman culture of that time?
(a) The working-class/upper class relationship.
(b) The patron/client relationship.
(c) The God/public relationship.
(d) The European/African relationship/
2. How does the author describe the Cynics' natures?
3. What two things do the quotes at the beginning of Part Seven contemplate?
(a) Love and hate.
(b) Death and life.
(c) Beauty and Charisma.
(d) Fun and depression.
4. What does the author say Jesus' crucifixion was based upon?
(c) Word of mouth.
5. Whose writings about Jesus' resurrection does the author examine?
(a) St. David's.
(b) St. Luke's.
(c) St. Mark's.
(d) St. Paul's.
6. What does the author define disease as?
(a) A soul destroyer.
(b) An individual experience.
(c) A social stigma.
(d) A personal hell.
7. Which of the following does the author not mention as one of the constraints Jesus lived under?
8. What does the author state was different about Jesus and his beliefs about the Kingdom of God?
(a) He did not believe them.
(b) He could convince powerful people of the validity of his claims.
(c) He acted upon them.
(d) He believed them.
9. What was Peter's job?
(a) A fisherman.
(b) A sailor.
(c) A shepherd.
(d) A market trader.
10. Who does the author say reinterprets the circumstances of Jesus' death?
(a) The People's Movement.
(b) The Christian Movement.
(c) The Egyptians.
(d) The Romans.
11. Whose leadership did Jesus establish during the miracle of the loaves and the bread?
(a) St. Peter's.
(c) St. Joseph's.
(d) St. David's.
12. What is the title of the epilogue?
(a) Implementing a Religion.
(b) From Jesus to Christ.
(c) Wear Thou Sandal and Run.
(d) Rites of Way.
13. How was James different from Jesus?
(a) He was not spiritual.
(b) He had social and economic status.
(c) He had a huge family.
(d) He lived on the streets.
14. Who does the author say was an important part of Jesus' traveling ministry?
15. Complete the following sentence: "careful to distinguish between the rich and the poor, the powerful and the powerless... the aristocrat and the..."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say he is searching once again in Chapter Six?
2. What miracle does the author talk about in this section?
3. What does the author think that Jesus' casting out of demons is a metaphor for?
4. What are the two traditional spiritual responses to evil in the world?
5. What does the author say Jesus was trying to break down?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)