|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author say Jesus' crucifixion was based upon?
(b) Word of mouth.
2. What does the author say he is searching once again in Chapter Six?
(a) The darkness.
(b) Homer's poems.
(c) The light.
(d) The scriptures.
3. How does the author think Jesus cured the man of leprosy?
(a) He used God's power.
(b) He gave him his energy.
(c) He transcended social stigma.
(d) He muttered a prayer.
4. Where was the unnamed woman from?
5. What does the author define disease as?
(a) A soul destroyer.
(b) An individual experience.
(c) A social stigma.
(d) A personal hell.
6. Complete the following title: "The Dogs Beneath the... "
7. What miracle does the author talk about in this section?
(a) Raising Lazarus from the dead.
(b) The fish and the loaves.
(c) Jesus walking on water.
(d) Curing a leper.
8. Complete the following title: "A Corpse for the... "
(a) The Romans.
(b) The Faithless.
(c) The Pretty Boys.
(d) Wild Beasts.
9. Which member of Jesus' family lived in Jerusalem?
(a) His father.
(b) His mother.
(c) His brother James.
(d) His sister sarah.
10. Complete the following title: "The Arts of..."
11. What form of punishment does the author say was frequent in the ancient world?
12. What does the author say defined the actions and intentions of anyone who helped write the New Testament?
(b) Mental instability.
(d) Roman law.
13. What does the author say the early Christian community was not immune to?
(d) Hate crimes.
14. Which of the following constraints does the author say Jesus lived under?
15. Who did Jesus say was traditionally the beneficiary of a man's success?
(a) The man's family.
(b) The government.
(c) The man's boss.
(d) The upper-classes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say the resurrection stories were based on?
2. What does the author say that miraculous is the primary anchor of?
3. Who does the author say reinterprets the circumstances of Jesus' death?
4. Complete the following sentence: "extended to others as both challenge and ..."
5. Whose writings about Jesus' resurrection does the author examine?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)