|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author think that Jesus' casting out of demons is a metaphor for?
(a) The casting off of family restrictions.
(b) The casting off of oppressive authority.
(c) The casting off of hate.
(d) The casting off of the ego.
2. What is the name of the man Jesus was said to have brought to life?
3. Why does the author claim Jesus' followers developed stories about what happened to Jesus' body?
(a) They knew reality would not inspire people.
(b) They wanted to make out that Jesus would in some way live forever.
(c) They wanted to scare the Romans.
(d) The couldn't accept the reality.
4. Which festival was Barabbas' release meant to honor?
5. What miracle does the author talk about in this section?
(a) Curing a leper.
(b) The fish and the loaves.
(c) Raising Lazarus from the dead.
(d) Jesus walking on water.
6. The man who asked for Jesus' body after His death was Joseph of ______________.
(a) Tel Aviv.
7. What does the author say Jesus' crucifixion was based upon?
(d) Word of mouth.
8. How was James different from Jesus?
(a) He lived on the streets.
(b) He was not spiritual.
(c) He had social and economic status.
(d) He had a huge family.
9. What does the author say defined the actions and intentions of anyone who helped write the New Testament?
(a) Roman law.
(d) Mental instability.
10. What does the author state was different about Jesus and his beliefs about the Kingdom of God?
(a) He believed them.
(b) He acted upon them.
(c) He did not believe them.
(d) He could convince powerful people of the validity of his claims.
11. Who does the author call an ordinary second-rank Roman governor?
(a) Julius Caesar.
(b) Michael Corleone.
(c) Gianluca Barrabbas.
(d) Pontius Pilate.
12. What does the author say was a key aspect of the Greco-Roman culture of that time?
(a) The patron/client relationship.
(b) The working-class/upper class relationship.
(c) The European/African relationship/
(d) The God/public relationship.
13. What other disease does the author say attracted negative attention to its victims?
(b) Small pox.
14. What is the meal that the author mentions in Part Seven?
(a) Sausage and gravy.
(b) Beef stew.
(c) Biscuits and gravy.
(d) Bread and fish.
15. What did the Romans do with bodies on the crosses if they didn't decide to leave them there?
(a) Put them in a shallow grave.
(b) Burn them.
(c) Cut them up and feed them to dogs.
(d) Throw them into the sea.
Short Answer Questions
1. What title was Jesus' brother bestowed with?
2. Who does the author say was an important part of Jesus' traveling ministry?
3. What does the author say Jesus was trying to break down?
4. What form of punishment does the author say was frequent in the ancient world?
5. Where was the unnamed woman from?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)