|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What form of punishment does the author say was frequent in the ancient world?
2. The man who asked for Jesus' body after His death was Joseph of ______________.
(a) Tel Aviv.
3. Complete the following title: " A Respected Member of the..."
4. What did the Romans do with bodies on the crosses if they didn't decide to leave them there?
(a) Burn them.
(b) Put them in a shallow grave.
(c) Throw them into the sea.
(d) Cut them up and feed them to dogs.
5. Which of the following constraints does the author say Jesus lived under?
6. What does the author think that Jesus' casting out of demons is a metaphor for?
(a) The casting off of oppressive authority.
(b) The casting off of the ego.
(c) The casting off of hate.
(d) The casting off of family restrictions.
7. Who does the author call an ordinary second-rank Roman governor?
(a) Pontius Pilate.
(b) Michael Corleone.
(c) Julius Caesar.
(d) Gianluca Barrabbas.
8. Complete the following title: "The Arts of..."
9. Why does the author claim Jesus' followers developed stories about what happened to Jesus' body?
(a) They wanted to scare the Romans.
(b) They knew reality would not inspire people.
(c) They wanted to make out that Jesus would in some way live forever.
(d) The couldn't accept the reality.
10. Which authority figure does the author describe as charming?
(a) King Herod.
(b) Julius Caesar.
(c) John the Baptist.
(d) Pontius Pilate.
11. Who would eat the remains of a man left on a cross?
(a) Birds and dogs.
(b) The upper-class Romans.
(c) Lions and tigers.
(d) The poor.
12. Who does the author say was not a robber?
(b) James the Just.
13. Complete the following title: "The Dogs Beneath the... "
14. Where was the unnamed woman from?
15. Which stories does the author break down and analyze at the end of this section?
(a) The birth stories.
(b) The crucific stories.
(c) The burial stories.
(d) The resurrection stories.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author state was different about Jesus and his beliefs about the Kingdom of God?
2. What does the author say Jesus was trying to break down?
3. What does the author call Jesus' miracles like walking on water and filling the the fisherman's nets with fish?
4. What does the author say the New Testament was trying to echo?
5. What was Peter's job?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)