|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose leadership did Jesus establish during the miracle of the loaves and the bread?
(a) St. Joseph's.
(c) St. Peter's.
(d) St. David's.
2. What disease of contemporary society does the author talk about in this section?
3. Whose gospel does the author quote extensively from in this section?
(a) St. Luke's.
(b) St. Paul's.
(c) St. Mark's.
(d) St. James's.
4. Complete the following sentence: "careful to distinguish between the rich and the poor, the powerful and the powerless... the aristocrat and the..."
5. What is the first idea that the author challenges about Jesus in this section?
(a) Judas did not betray him.
(b) He did not walk on water.
(c) Jesus was not Jewish.
(d) He did not send out twelve apostles to spread his word.
6. What does the author say that miraculous is the primary anchor of?
(a) The Kingdom of God.
(b) Human nature.
(c) Religious orientation.
(d) Blind faith.
7. What is the title of Part Six?
(a) Presents Sent to Deprave.
(b) The Dogs Beneath the Cross.
(c) How Many Years Was Easter Sunday.
(d) Days of Yore.
8. What disease did the person suffer from that the author says Jesus healed?
(d) Small pox.
9. Complete the following title: "A Corpse for the... "
(a) The Pretty Boys.
(b) The Romans.
(c) Wild Beasts.
(d) The Faithless.
10. What does the author say defined the actions and intentions of anyone who helped write the New Testament?
(a) Roman law.
(d) Mental instability.
11. What does the author think that Jesus' casting out of demons is a metaphor for?
(a) The casting off of family restrictions.
(b) The casting off of hate.
(c) The casting off of oppressive authority.
(d) The casting off of the ego.
12. Who do most scholars think is the woman of Bethany?
(a) Mary Magdalene.
(b) Petra Pilate.
(c) The Virgin Mary.
(d) Sarah Janus.
13. What other disease does the author say attracted negative attention to its victims?
(b) Small pox.
14. Which festival was Barabbas' release meant to honor?
15. What does the author say he is searching once again in Chapter Six?
(a) The scriptures.
(b) Homer's poems.
(c) The light.
(d) The darkness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say was a key aspect of the Greco-Roman culture of that time?
2. How was James different from Jesus?
3. What does the author define disease as?
4. What does the author say Jesus was trying to break down?
5. What is the meal that the author mentions in Part Seven?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)