|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose gospel does the author quote extensively from in this section?
(a) St. Mark's.
(b) St. James's.
(c) St. Luke's.
(d) St. Paul's.
2. What is the name of the man Jesus was said to have brought to life?
3. What other disease does the author say attracted negative attention to its victims?
(b) Small pox.
4. What are the two traditional spiritual responses to evil in the world?
(a) The sane and the insane.
(b) The hate-filled and the love-filled.
(c) The miraculous and the revolutionary.
(d) The economic and the illogical.
5. Who did Jesus say was traditionally the beneficiary of a man's success?
(a) The man's family.
(b) The man's boss.
(c) The upper-classes.
(d) The government.
6. Which stories does the author break down and analyze at the end of this section?
(a) The birth stories.
(b) The burial stories.
(c) The crucific stories.
(d) The resurrection stories.
7. What form of punishment does the author say was frequent in the ancient world?
8. Which of the following does the author not mention as one of the constraints Jesus lived under?
9. Why does the author claim Jesus' followers developed stories about what happened to Jesus' body?
(a) They wanted to make out that Jesus would in some way live forever.
(b) They knew reality would not inspire people.
(c) They wanted to scare the Romans.
(d) The couldn't accept the reality.
10. What does the author state was different about Jesus and his beliefs about the Kingdom of God?
(a) He believed them.
(b) He acted upon them.
(c) He did not believe them.
(d) He could convince powerful people of the validity of his claims.
11. What does one Biblical story say that Jesus cast out of human beings?
(c) Animal spirits.
(d) Little people.
12. Complete the following sentence: "extended to others as both challenge and ..."
13. What does the author say must be present for oppressed groups to revolt?
(a) A weak government.
(b) Great desperation.
(c) Hatred of authority.
(d) Strong family structure.
14. Complete the following title: " A Respected Member of the..."
15. What does the author say was a key aspect of the Greco-Roman culture of that time?
(a) The working-class/upper class relationship.
(b) The European/African relationship/
(c) The patron/client relationship.
(d) The God/public relationship.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say the New Testament was trying to echo?
2. How does the author think Jesus cured the man of leprosy?
3. Which of Jesus' disciples was known as the Beloved Disciple?
4. What disease does the author compare AIDs to in terms of the reaction of society towards it?
5. What does the author say that miraculous is the primary anchor of?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)