|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author say the early Christian community was not immune to?
(c) Hate crimes.
2. Complete the following sentence: "careful to distinguish between the rich and the poor, the powerful and the powerless... the aristocrat and the..."
3. Who does the author say was not a robber?
(a) James the Just.
4. Why does the author think that crucifixion is the ultimate punishment?
(a) It takes longer than other punishments.
(b) Sometimes one does not die.
(c) It destroys an individual physically and morally.
(d) You are faced with going to hell.
5. What is the first idea that the author challenges about Jesus in this section?
(a) Judas did not betray him.
(b) He did not walk on water.
(c) He did not send out twelve apostles to spread his word.
(d) Jesus was not Jewish.
6. What is the title of Part Four?
(a) Laws of the Land.
(b) In the Beginning was the Body.
(c) Desperate Measures for Desperate Times.
(d) No Staff, No Sandals, and no knapsack.
7. What does the author say the Cynics challenged?
(a) Dietary matters.
(b) Traditional ideas.
(c) Class systems.
(d) The need for war.
8. Complete the following title: "The Dogs Beneath the... "
9. Complete the following sentence: "for the faith that was there before, despite, or even because of..."
(a) Jesus' death.
(b) Mark's mistake.
(c) Peter's promotion.
(d) Judas' betrayal.
10. Why does the author claim Jesus' followers developed stories about what happened to Jesus' body?
(a) They wanted to scare the Romans.
(b) They wanted to make out that Jesus would in some way live forever.
(c) The couldn't accept the reality.
(d) They knew reality would not inspire people.
11. What does the author define disease as?
(a) A personal hell.
(b) A social stigma.
(c) An individual experience.
(d) A soul destroyer.
12. Who does the author say reinterprets the circumstances of Jesus' death?
(a) The Egyptians.
(b) The Romans.
(c) The Christian Movement.
(d) The People's Movement.
13. What does the author state was different about Jesus and his beliefs about the Kingdom of God?
(a) He acted upon them.
(b) He did not believe them.
(c) He believed them.
(d) He could convince powerful people of the validity of his claims.
14. What disease did the person suffer from that the author says Jesus healed?
(d) Small pox.
15. Who does the author call an ordinary second-rank Roman governor?
(a) Michael Corleone.
(b) Pontius Pilate.
(c) Julius Caesar.
(d) Gianluca Barrabbas.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Jesus say was traditionally the beneficiary of a man's success?
2. Which member of Jesus' family lived in Jerusalem?
3. The man who asked for Jesus' body after His death was Joseph of ______________.
4. Which stories does the author break down and analyze at the end of this section?
5. What title was Jesus' brother bestowed with?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)