|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first idea that the author challenges about Jesus in this section?
(a) He did not send out twelve apostles to spread his word.
(b) He did not walk on water.
(c) Jesus was not Jewish.
(d) Judas did not betray him.
2. What does the author state was different about Jesus and his beliefs about the Kingdom of God?
(a) He could convince powerful people of the validity of his claims.
(b) He did not believe them.
(c) He acted upon them.
(d) He believed them.
3. What does the author say Jesus' crucifixion was based upon?
(d) Word of mouth.
4. What is the title of the epilogue?
(a) Wear Thou Sandal and Run.
(b) From Jesus to Christ.
(c) Rites of Way.
(d) Implementing a Religion.
5. What does the author say is the most controversial aspect of his argument?
(a) Claiming Jesus was not original.
(b) Claiming they killed the wrong man.
(c) Denying Jesus' existance.
(d) Factualizing the Crucifixion.
6. Complete the following title: "The Dogs Beneath the... "
7. What does one Biblical story say that Jesus cast out of human beings?
(c) Little people.
(d) Animal spirits.
8. What disease does the author compare AIDs to in terms of the reaction of society towards it?
9. What are the two traditional spiritual responses to evil in the world?
(a) The miraculous and the revolutionary.
(b) The sane and the insane.
(c) The economic and the illogical.
(d) The hate-filled and the love-filled.
10. What does the author say he is searching once again in Chapter Six?
(a) The scriptures.
(b) Homer's poems.
(c) The light.
(d) The darkness.
11. Which festival was Barabbas' release meant to honor?
12. Who do most scholars think is the woman of Bethany?
(a) Mary Magdalene.
(b) Sarah Janus.
(c) Petra Pilate.
(d) The Virgin Mary.
13. Complete the following title: "The Arts of..."
14. Which of the following does the author not mention as one of the constraints Jesus lived under?
15. What was Peter's job?
(a) A sailor.
(b) A shepherd.
(c) A fisherman.
(d) A market trader.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the author say was not a robber?
2. What feast does the author talk about in Part Six?
3. What is the meal that the author mentions in Part Seven?
4. Whose leadership did Jesus establish during the miracle of the loaves and the bread?
5. Why does the author claim Jesus' followers developed stories about what happened to Jesus' body?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)