|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the author say reinterprets the circumstances of Jesus' death?
(a) The People's Movement.
(b) The Egyptians.
(c) The Christian Movement.
(d) The Romans.
2. What does the author say Jesus' crucifixion was based upon?
(b) Word of mouth.
3. What does the author say Jesus was trying to break down?
(a) Roman oppression.
(b) The socio-spiritual status quo.
(c) Class distinction.
(d) Boundaries between countries.
4. What title was Jesus' brother bestowed with?
(a) The Lithe.
(b) The Honest.
(c) The Just.
(d) The Jinx.
5. How was James different from Jesus?
(a) He had a huge family.
(b) He was not spiritual.
(c) He had social and economic status.
(d) He lived on the streets.
6. Complete the following sentence: "for the faith that was there before, despite, or even because of..."
(a) Judas' betrayal.
(b) Peter's promotion.
(c) Mark's mistake.
(d) Jesus' death.
7. Which member of Jesus' family lived in Jerusalem?
(a) His brother James.
(b) His sister sarah.
(c) His mother.
(d) His father.
8. Why does the author think that crucifixion is the ultimate punishment?
(a) It takes longer than other punishments.
(b) Sometimes one does not die.
(c) It destroys an individual physically and morally.
(d) You are faced with going to hell.
9. What is the meal that the author mentions in Part Seven?
(a) Sausage and gravy.
(b) Beef stew.
(c) Biscuits and gravy.
(d) Bread and fish.
10. Which of the following does the author not mention as one of the constraints Jesus lived under?
11. Which of the following constraints does the author say Jesus lived under?
12. Complete the following sentence: "extended to others as both challenge and ..."
13. What does the author say is the most controversial aspect of his argument?
(a) Denying Jesus' existance.
(b) Factualizing the Crucifixion.
(c) Claiming Jesus was not original.
(d) Claiming they killed the wrong man.
14. What is the title of Part Four?
(a) Desperate Measures for Desperate Times.
(b) In the Beginning was the Body.
(c) No Staff, No Sandals, and no knapsack.
(d) Laws of the Land.
15. What does the author say must be present for oppressed groups to revolt?
(a) A weak government.
(b) Great desperation.
(c) Strong family structure.
(d) Hatred of authority.
Short Answer Questions
1. Complete the following title: "A Corpse for the... "
2. What is the first idea that the author challenges about Jesus in this section?
3. Which stories does the author break down and analyze at the end of this section?
4. Complete the following title: "The Race to the..."
5. Whose leadership did Jesus establish during the miracle of the loaves and the bread?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)