|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What miracle does the author talk about in this section?
(a) Raising Lazarus from the dead.
(b) The fish and the loaves.
(c) Jesus walking on water.
(d) Curing a leper.
2. Who does the author call an ordinary second-rank Roman governor?
(a) Michael Corleone.
(b) Julius Caesar.
(c) Pontius Pilate.
(d) Gianluca Barrabbas.
3. What does the author say defined the actions and intentions of anyone who helped write the New Testament?
(b) Roman law.
(d) Mental instability.
4. Which of the following does the author not mention as one of the constraints Jesus lived under?
5. What does the author state was different about Jesus and his beliefs about the Kingdom of God?
(a) He acted upon them.
(b) He could convince powerful people of the validity of his claims.
(c) He did not believe them.
(d) He believed them.
6. Who does the author say was not a robber?
(a) James the Just.
7. What does the author say the resurrection stories were based on?
(a) Old Testament prophecies.
(b) New Testament prohecies.
(c) Jewish legend.
(d) Greek legend.
8. Which festival was Barabbas' release meant to honor?
9. Complete the following title: "A Corpse for the... "
(a) Wild Beasts.
(b) The Pretty Boys.
(c) The Faithless.
(d) The Romans.
10. Which authority figure does the author describe as charming?
(a) Pontius Pilate.
(b) John the Baptist.
(c) Julius Caesar.
(d) King Herod.
11. The man who asked for Jesus' body after His death was Joseph of ______________.
(a) Tel Aviv.
12. Who did Jesus say was traditionally the beneficiary of a man's success?
(a) The government.
(b) The man's boss.
(c) The upper-classes.
(d) The man's family.
13. What is the name of the man Jesus was said to have brought to life?
14. What was Peter's job?
(a) A market trader.
(b) A fisherman.
(c) A sailor.
(d) A shepherd.
15. Complete the following sentence: "extended to others as both challenge and ..."
Short Answer Questions
1. Complete the following title: "First Fruits of Them that..."
2. Complete the following title: " A Respected Member of the..."
3. What is the first idea that the author challenges about Jesus in this section?
4. What disease did the person suffer from that the author says Jesus healed?
5. Who do most scholars think is the woman of Bethany?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)