|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, A Kingdom of Nuisances and Nobodies.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was prefect of Judea at the time of Jesus' death?
2. In which city was Josephus born?
(b) New York.
(d) Tel Aviv.
3. Complete the following sentence "Do not be afraid Mary, for you..."
(a) Found favor with God.
(b) Experience riches beyond your dream.
(c) Carry God's son.
(d) Find a man.
4. What sea does the author describe as cruel and beautiful?
(a) The Dead Sea.
(b) The Indian Sea.
(c) The North Sea.
(d) The Mediterranean.
5. What does divi filius translate as?
(a) Child of the Angels.
(b) Son of a divine one.
(c) Devil Foetus.
(d) Beast of Burden.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Simeon say Jesus is destined for?
2. Why does the author think the Christians are uneasy with the idea that John baptized Jesus?
3. What word does the author use to describe Jesus' style of preaching?
4. What power lines does the author say Jesus wanted to break down?
5. Who ordered John the Baptist's death?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)