|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, A Kingdom of Nuisances and Nobodies.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the name Emmanuel mean?
(a) Jesus died for us.
(b) God is great.
(c) Be happy with what you have.
(d) God is with us.
2. Who ruled during basileia?
(a) The Romans.
(b) The Vikings.
(c) The Celts.
(d) The Greco-Romans.
3. Which Jesus does the author say he is trying to locate?
(a) The fictional Jesus.
(b) The child Jesus.
(c) The gospel Jesus.
(d) The historical Jesus.
4. Which of the following words does the author define in this section?
5. How does Mark say the spirit descended from the sky?
(a) Like a swan.
(b) Like a gull.
(c) Like a dove.
(d) Like a heron.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following did Jesus see as something that oppressed people?
2. What approach to life did John the Baptist see as the way to live a spiritual life?
3. Who does Celus claim was Jesus' legitimate father?
4. Which two disciples were the only ones to give an account of Jesus's birth and early years?
5. Who does the spirit of God descend upon in the second act of remembrance?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)