1. What subject does the author say history is more complex than?
2. What did Bishop Butler say probability is the guide of?
3. What is the English translation of the German word quelle?
4. In which country was the gospel of Thomas found?
5. Which Jesus does the author say he is trying to locate?
(a) The fictional Jesus.
(b) The gospel Jesus.
(c) The historical Jesus.
(d) The child Jesus.
6. What is the name of the first vector?
(a) Cultural-leanings of the third kind.
(b) Historical fact.
(c) Hybrid sociology.
(d) Cross-cultural anthropology.
7. How do scholars know that Jesus was not middle-class?
(a) Jesus was born into poverty.
(b) Jesus was a king.
(c) There was no middle-class in ancient societies.
(d) Carpenters could only be members of the working-class.
8. What aristocratic Jewish historian does the author draw on to examine the Greco-Roman period?
This section contains 3,656 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)