|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is George?
2. How does Tom discover the body at the mansion?
3. Why is Robbie Lyte returned to Bonaventure?
4. What is St. Leger so concerned about that happened the night before Beatrice's murder?
5. After Beatrice's murder and the questioning that follows, what time is the group finally allowed back to bed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Melrose do with Beatrice's murder scene when he realizes that someone has been killed?
2. What feature of Beatrice's leaves a particular impression on Melrose when he first meets her?
3. What is Grace's physician's theory about what happened with Beatrice?
4. What wry comment does Parmenger make to Jury about how he is dressed the night Beatrice is found?
5. What theory of Beatrice's murder do Jury and Melrose discuss at the Jerusalem Inn when they are there with Tom and Robbie?
6. What is Grace most upset about during her questioning with Jury about Beatrice's murder?
7. What information do Jury and Grace share about Grace possibly being poisoned?
8. What does Vivian ask Jury as she is leaving from being questioned by him about Beatrice's death?
9. How is the Margate Hotel described?
10. What was Brown's assignment when she was placed at Bonaventure?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe at least three things that Grimes is able to do with the character of Helen because she is a woman AND at least three things she is *not* able to do with her because she is a woman.
Essay Topic 2
Describe at least four features of Lady St. Leger, how those features fulfill the traditional, literary requirements of a villain.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze at least three literary techniques Grimes uses to make one character of your choosing from the "Jerusalem Inn" very likable OR very unlikable to the reader.
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)