|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Frederick charges with doing while he is at Spinney Abbey?
2. What time does Jury wake up Melrose the morning after Beatrice's murder?
3. What do the other guests think of Beatrice's writing?
4. Why does Tom play snooker with Robbie?
5. Where do Jury and Wiggins meet up after Beatrice's murder?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how Grimes portrays authority figures in "Jerusalem Inn," making sure to use at least three specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 2
Describe at least four features of Lady St. Leger, how those features fulfill the traditional, literary requirements of a villain.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss why it was necessary for Beatrice to die in "Jerusalem Inn." Make sure to discuss what effect her death has on the text in general and on Jury in particular -- and why those consequences were necessary for the story.
This section contains 837 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)