|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long do the guests think it will take for the police to arrive to Beatrice's murder scene?
2. What does William McQuade do for a living?
3. Who admits to having knowledge of poisons?
4. What does Melrose think of Beatrice?
5. Who tells Cullen that Charles was having an affair with Beatrice?
Essay Topic 1
Describe at least four negative aspects of having a protagonist as brooding as Richard Jury. Make sure to use evidence from the novel to support your position.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Jury and Melrose, making sure to use direct evidence and examples from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss why it was necessary for Beatrice to die in "Jerusalem Inn." Make sure to discuss what effect her death has on the text in general and on Jury in particular -- and why those consequences were necessary for the story.
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)