|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Tommy and Melrose decide to get to the Jerusalem Inn?
2. Why does Melrose claim he hasn't heard of Helen's death?
3. What do the other guests think of Beatrice's writing?
4. Why does Tom play snooker with Robbie?
5. Who thinks Grace was the intended target (instead of Beatrice)?
Short Essay Questions
1. What arrangements was Brown given for her work at Bonaventure?
2. What does Parmenger later admit to doing at Seaingham's mansion during his visit there?
3. How does Jury come to realize that Melrose and Vivian are in the area when he arrives at the Jerusalem Inn?
4. What information do Jury and Grace share about Grace possibly being poisoned?
5. What is Grace most upset about during her questioning with Jury about Beatrice's murder?
6. How is Lady St. Leger described when her character is introduced in Chapter 11?
7. How does Susan Assington appear to the group when it arrives at Spinney Abbey during the snowstorm?
8. What does the group discuss over its first dinner at Spinney Abbey?
9. What first impression of Parmenger does Melrose offer to Jury?
10. How does Jury respond to being yelled at when he lights the fire in the Margate Hotel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write a well-reasoned argument discussing whether or not Jury is a good role model for teenage/young adult readers.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss at least four aspects of "Jerusalem Inn" that can easily be carried over into another novel in the Richard Jury mystery series.
Essay Topic 3
Describe at least four negative aspects of having a protagonist as brooding as Richard Jury. Make sure to use evidence from the novel to support your position.
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)