|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Robbie Lyte returned to Bonaventure?
2. How tall is Jury?
3. What does Melrose think of Grace Seaingham?
4. What does Jury do in the Margate Hotel that causes someone else to get upset?
5. What has apparently happened to Tommy's parents?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Vivian ask Jury as she is leaving from being questioned by him about Beatrice's death?
2. What feature of Beatrice's leaves a particular impression on Melrose when he first meets her?
3. What is Grace most upset about during her questioning with Jury about Beatrice's murder?
4. What information do Jury and Grace share about Grace possibly being poisoned?
5. What is Grace's physician's theory about what happened with Beatrice?
6. How is Lady St. Leger described when her character is introduced in Chapter 11?
7. What does Parmenger later admit to doing at Seaingham's mansion during his visit there?
8. How does Susan Assington appear to the group when it arrives at Spinney Abbey during the snowstorm?
9. What is going on in the Jerusalem Inn when Melrose, Plant, Vivian, Agatha, and Ruthven arrive during the snowstorm?
10. What theory of Beatrice's murder do Jury and Melrose discuss at the Jerusalem Inn when they are there with Tom and Robbie?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe at least three things that Grimes is able to do with the character of Helen because she is a woman AND at least three things she is *not* able to do with her because she is a woman.
Essay Topic 2
Write a well-reasoned argument discussing whether or not Jury is a good role model for teenage/young adult readers.
Essay Topic 3
Choose at least one female character from "Jerusalem Inn" and discuss at least three ways she goes against traditional gender stereotypes of someone like her.
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)