|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Racer work?
2. What does Jury finally realize Maureen hates talking about?
3. How did Helen keep her house?
4. What does Vivian do for a living?
5. What is Jury's first name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is confusing to the guests about Beatrice's murder scene?
2. What happens after Jury walks Helen home after first meeting her?
3. What does Vivian ask Jury as she is leaving from being questioned by him about Beatrice's death?
4. What does Parmenger later admit to doing at Seaingham's mansion during his visit there?
5. What role does Jury want Melrose to play during his time at Spinney Abbey?
6. Why does St. Leger kill Beatrice?
7. What wry comment does Parmenger make to Jury about how he is dressed the night Beatrice is found?
8. Why does Lady St. Leger give Danielle money?
9. Who does Jury think Parmenger is in Part I?
10. What does Jury learn about the stone Helen was at when Jury first saw her?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how Grimes portrays authority figures in "Jerusalem Inn," making sure to use at least three specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 2
Identify what you think is the tone for "Jerusalem Inn" and discuss several literary devices that Grimes uses to create this tone.
Essay Topic 3
Describe at least three things that Grimes is able to do with the character of Helen because she is a woman AND at least three things she is *not* able to do with her because she is a woman.
This section contains 1,216 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)