|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cullen agree to do once he receives the autopsy reports about Helen?
2. Where was Parmenger educated?
3. Where does Jury walk Helen when he first meets her?
4. Who is Cyril?
5. What does Racer tell Jury about his request for a search warrant for Helen's home?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lady Agatha react to Melrose's giving up of his title?
2. What does Jury learn about the stone Helen was at when Jury first saw her?
3. Who discovers Helen's body?
4. What important information does Maureen give Jury about her time in school?
5. What happens after Jury walks Helen home after first meeting her?
6. What triggers Maureen to wonder if something has happened to Helen?
7. How does Cyril interact with Racer?
8. What does Cullen say in his phone call to Jury at the end of Chapter 9?
9. Why does Jury say to Helen about his difficulties dating?
10. What does Jury think of his cousin's husband?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose at least one female character from "Jerusalem Inn" and discuss at least three ways she goes against traditional gender stereotypes of someone like her.
Essay Topic 2
Describe at least four negative aspects of having a protagonist as brooding as Richard Jury. Make sure to use evidence from the novel to support your position.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze at least three literary techniques Grimes uses to make one character of your choosing from the "Jerusalem Inn" very likable OR very unlikable to the reader.
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)