|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Wasserman believe has been happening for years?
2. What are the only things that get Mrs. Wasserman out of her house?
3. What small gift does Addie give to Jury during his visit to Bonaventure School?
4. What kind of medical condition does Helen have?
5. Where is Helen's body found?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jury respond to Cullen when Cullen asks him how long he has known Helen?
2. Who discovers Helen's body?
3. What does Father Rourke tell Jury about the research Helen was supposedly doing?
4. What does Addie tell Jury the first time they meet at Bonaventure School?
5. How does Melrose respond to Lady Agatha's comment that he is an "unconfirmed bachelor"?
6. What does Nellie tell Jury when he comes to talk to her about Helen?
7. What triggers Maureen to wonder if something has happened to Helen?
8. Who does Jury think Parmenger is in Part I?
9. How does Racer interact with Cyril?
10. What happens when Jury walks into the church as the novel opens?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze at least three different literary techniques Grimes uses to create tension in "Jerusalem Inn."
Essay Topic 2
Describe at least four negative aspects of having a protagonist as brooding as Richard Jury. Make sure to use evidence from the novel to support your position.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Jury and Melrose, making sure to use direct evidence and examples from the text to support your thesis.
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)