|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cullen agree to do once he receives the autopsy reports about Helen?
2. Who is Nellie Pond?
3. Why does Racer yell at his secretary?
4. During his first visit to the Jerusalem Inn, who does Jury learn Helen once talked to there?
5. Where does Jury walk Helen when he first meets her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jury say to Helen about his difficulties dating?
2. What does Father Rourke tell Jury about the research Helen was supposedly doing?
3. What triggers Maureen to wonder if something has happened to Helen?
4. What keen observation of Helen does Jury make when they first meet?
5. Who discovers Helen's body?
6. What happens when Jury walks into the church as the novel opens?
7. What happens during Racer's rant at Jury?
8. What does Jury think of his cousin's husband?
9. What important information does Maureen give Jury about her time in school?
10. Why does Melrose think he was invited to travel with Vivian?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast two female characters from "Jerusalem Inn" (like Helen and Beatrice or Lady St. Leger and Beatrice).
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how Grimes portrays authority figures in "Jerusalem Inn," making sure to use at least three specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss at least four aspects of "Jerusalem Inn" that can easily be carried over into another novel in the Richard Jury mystery series.
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)