|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Helen seem when Jury first finds her?
2. What does Jury buy for his cousin's children?
3. What has Melrose done with his title?
4. What does Jury finally realize Maureen hates talking about?
5. What kinds of kids attend Bonaventure School?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jury think of his cousin's husband?
2. What does Nellie tell Jury when he comes to talk to her about Helen?
3. How does Vivian excuse the separation between her fiance and herself during the holiday season?
4. What does Addie tell Jury the first time they meet at Bonaventure School?
5. Who does Jury think Parmenger is in Part I?
6. How does Melrose respond to Lady Agatha's comment that he is an "unconfirmed bachelor"?
7. Why does Jury say to Helen about his difficulties dating?
8. How does Lady Agatha react to Melrose's giving up of his title?
9. What does Cullen say in his phone call to Jury at the end of Chapter 9?
10. What important information does Maureen give Jury about her time in school?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose at least one female character from "Jerusalem Inn" and discuss at least three ways she goes against traditional gender stereotypes of someone like her.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze at least three literary techniques Grimes uses to make one character of your choosing from the "Jerusalem Inn" very likable OR very unlikable to the reader.
Essay Topic 3
Describe at least three things that Grimes is able to do with the character of Helen because she is a woman AND at least three things she is *not* able to do with her because she is a woman.
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)