|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Helen seem when Jury first finds her?
2. What are the only things that get Mrs. Wasserman out of her house?
3. What does Maureen suspect of the sibling relationship between Frederick and Helen?
4. What holiday season is approaching in the novel?
5. What does Jury do back in Helen's home that he hopes will help with his investigation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What important information does Maureen give Jury about her time in school?
2. What happens during Racer's rant at Jury?
3. What does Addie tell Jury the first time they meet at Bonaventure School?
4. What keen observation of Helen does Jury make when they first meet?
5. How does Lady Agatha react to Melrose's giving up of his title?
6. Why does Melrose think he was invited to travel with Vivian?
7. How does Cyril interact with Racer?
8. How does Melrose react to how Ruthven addresses him?
9. What happens when Jury walks into the church as the novel opens?
10. How does Racer interact with Cyril?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe at least three things that Grimes is able to do with the character of Helen because she is a woman AND at least three things she is *not* able to do with her because she is a woman.
Essay Topic 2
Choose at least one female character from "Jerusalem Inn" and discuss at least three ways she goes against traditional gender stereotypes of someone like her.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast two female characters from "Jerusalem Inn" (like Helen and Beatrice or Lady St. Leger and Beatrice).
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)