|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. For how long was Helen at a very expensive school?
2. What famous artist will be at Seaingham's home for the holidays?
3. What is Melrose's last name?
4. What does Jury's cousin do for a living?
5. What kind of medical condition does Helen have?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Cyril interact with Racer?
2. What does Jury learn about the stone Helen was at when Jury first saw her?
3. What does Father Rourke tell Jury about the research Helen was supposedly doing?
4. What does Jury think of Mrs. Wasserman?
5. Why does Jury say to Helen about his difficulties dating?
6. Why does Melrose think he was invited to travel with Vivian?
7. How does Lady Agatha react to Melrose's giving up of his title?
8. How does Vivian excuse the separation between her fiance and herself during the holiday season?
9. Who does Jury think Parmenger is in Part I?
10. How does Melrose react to how Ruthven addresses him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze at least three different literary techniques Grimes uses to create tension in "Jerusalem Inn."
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how Grimes portrays authority figures in "Jerusalem Inn," making sure to use at least three specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 3
Describe at least three things that Grimes is able to do with the character of Helen because she is a woman AND at least three things she is *not* able to do with her because she is a woman.
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)