|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Racer work?
2. Who discovered Helen's body?
3. Who is Mrs. Wasserman?
4. What does Helen's autopsy report confirm?
5. What kinds of kids attend Bonaventure School?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lady Agatha react to Melrose's giving up of his title?
2. Why does Melrose think he was invited to travel with Vivian?
3. What happens during Racer's rant at Jury?
4. How does Jury respond to Cullen when Cullen asks him how long he has known Helen?
5. How does Cyril interact with Racer?
6. What does Jury think of Mrs. Wasserman?
7. What triggers Maureen to wonder if something has happened to Helen?
8. How does Melrose react to how Ruthven addresses him?
9. Why does Jury say to Helen about his difficulties dating?
10. What does Cullen say in his phone call to Jury at the end of Chapter 9?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze at least three different literary techniques Grimes uses to create tension in "Jerusalem Inn."
Essay Topic 2
Choose at least one female character from "Jerusalem Inn" and discuss at least three ways she goes against traditional gender stereotypes of someone like her.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze at least three literary techniques Grimes uses to make one character of your choosing from the "Jerusalem Inn" very likable OR very unlikable to the reader.
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)