Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jury know something bad has happened to Helen?
2. How does Lady Agatha describe Melrose?
3. What does Helen's autopsy report confirm?
4. What is the name of Frederick Parmenger's father?
5. How did Helen keep her house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Irene request of Lady St. Leger?
2. What information do Jury and Grace share about Grace possibly being poisoned?
3. What information does Melrose offer Jury about Elizabeth St. Leger when they unexpectedly meet up in the Jerusalem Inn?
4. What important information does Maureen give Jury about her time in school?
5. What theory of Beatrice's murder do Jury and Melrose discuss at the Jerusalem Inn when they are there with Tom and Robbie?
6. What arrangements was Brown given for her work at Bonaventure?
7. What is going on in the Jerusalem Inn when Melrose, Plant, Vivian, Agatha, and Ruthven arrive during the snowstorm?
8. What does Cullen say in his phone call to Jury at the end of Chapter 9?
9. Why does Melrose think he was invited to travel with Vivian?
10. What will happen if St. Leger is not alive when Jury wants to arrest her?
Essay Topic 1
Describe at least three things that Grimes is able to do with the character of Helen because she is a woman AND at least three things she is *not* able to do with her because she is a woman.
Essay Topic 2
Identify what you think is the tone for "Jerusalem Inn" and discuss several literary devices that Grimes uses to create this tone.
Essay Topic 3
Describe at least four features of Lady St. Leger, how those features fulfill the traditional, literary requirements of a villain.
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)