|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of medical condition does Helen have?
2. What does Jury admit to Helen when the first meet?
3. How does Ruthven refer to Melrose?
4. What kinds of kids attend Bonaventure School?
5. What does Jury think about Miss Hargreaves-Brown's accent?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jury respond to Cullen when Cullen asks him how long he has known Helen?
2. How does Vivian excuse the separation between her fiance and herself during the holiday season?
3. How does Melrose respond to Lady Agatha's comment that he is an "unconfirmed bachelor"?
4. What does Father Rourke tell Jury about the research Helen was supposedly doing?
5. How does Cyril interact with Racer?
6. What does Nellie tell Jury when he comes to talk to her about Helen?
7. What does Jury think of his cousin's husband?
8. What happens during Racer's rant at Jury?
9. Who does Jury think Parmenger is in Part I?
10. What triggers Maureen to wonder if something has happened to Helen?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose at least one female character from "Jerusalem Inn" and discuss at least three ways she goes against traditional gender stereotypes of someone like her.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss at least three reasons why "Jerusalem Inn" could be classified in a genre other than murder mystery, making sure to use specific examples from the text to support your position.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how Grimes portrays authority figures in "Jerusalem Inn," making sure to use at least three specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)