|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Maureen, what happened to Helen's mother?
2. How does Ruthven refer to Melrose?
3. How does Lady Agatha describe Melrose?
4. According to Maureen, what happened to Helen's father?
5. What does Jury's cousin do for a living?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Addie tell Jury the first time they meet at Bonaventure School?
2. How does Jury respond to Cullen when Cullen asks him how long he has known Helen?
3. What important information does Maureen give Jury about her time in school?
4. How does Lady Agatha react to Melrose's giving up of his title?
5. What does Cullen say in his phone call to Jury at the end of Chapter 9?
6. How does Racer interact with Cyril?
7. How does Melrose respond to Lady Agatha's comment that he is an "unconfirmed bachelor"?
8. Who discovers Helen's body?
9. How does Melrose react to how Ruthven addresses him?
10. What does Jury think of Mrs. Wasserman?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how Grimes portrays authority figures in "Jerusalem Inn," making sure to use at least three specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 2
Describe at least four features of Lady St. Leger, how those features fulfill the traditional, literary requirements of a villain.
Essay Topic 3
Write a well-reasoned argument discussing whether or not Jury is a good role model for teenage/young adult readers.
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)