|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Melrose's last name?
2. What does Vivian do for a living?
3. What does Helen's autopsy report confirm?
4. What does Jury think about Miss Hargreaves-Brown's accent?
5. Where was Parmenger educated?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jury learn about the stone Helen was at when Jury first saw her?
2. How does Melrose respond to Lady Agatha's comment that he is an "unconfirmed bachelor"?
3. What keen observation of Helen does Jury make when they first meet?
4. How does Vivian excuse the separation between her fiance and herself during the holiday season?
5. What does Cullen say in his phone call to Jury at the end of Chapter 9?
6. How does Lady Agatha react to Melrose's giving up of his title?
7. How does Racer interact with Cyril?
8. How does Jury respond to Cullen when Cullen asks him how long he has known Helen?
9. What does Addie tell Jury the first time they meet at Bonaventure School?
10. What does Nellie tell Jury when he comes to talk to her about Helen?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe at least three things that Grimes is able to do with the character of Helen because she is a woman AND at least three things she is *not* able to do with her because she is a woman.
Essay Topic 2
Describe at least four negative aspects of having a protagonist as brooding as Richard Jury. Make sure to use evidence from the novel to support your position.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss at least four aspects of "Jerusalem Inn" that can easily be carried over into another novel in the Richard Jury mystery series.
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)