|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jury invite Helen to do shortly after they first meet?
2. According to Maureen, what happened to Helen's father?
3. How does Jury know something bad has happened to Helen?
4. Who has painted the pointed that Jury finds in Helen's house?
5. Who is Chief Superintendent Racer?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information does Melrose offer Jury about Elizabeth St. Leger when they unexpectedly meet up in the Jerusalem Inn?
2. What does Jury think of Mrs. Wasserman?
3. What keen observation of Helen does Jury make when they first meet?
4. What important information does Maureen give Jury about her time in school?
5. What is confusing to the guests about Beatrice's murder scene?
6. Who are Irene and Richard?
7. What information do Jury and Grace share about Grace possibly being poisoned?
8. What does Irene request of Lady St. Leger?
9. Why does Jury say to Helen about his difficulties dating?
10. What does Parmenger say to Jury while being questioned about Beatrice's murder?
Essay Topic 1
Choose at least one female character from "Jerusalem Inn" and discuss at least three ways she goes against traditional gender stereotypes of someone like her.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss why it was necessary for Beatrice to die in "Jerusalem Inn." Make sure to discuss what effect her death has on the text in general and on Jury in particular -- and why those consequences were necessary for the story.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss at least three reasons why "Jerusalem Inn" could be classified in a genre other than murder mystery, making sure to use specific examples from the text to support your position.
This section contains 1,194 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)