|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was found near Helen's body?
2. Where is Helen's body found?
3. What kinds of kids attend Bonaventure School?
4. What small gift does Addie give to Jury during his visit to Bonaventure School?
5. What does Maureen suspect of the sibling relationship between Frederick and Helen?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Nellie tell Jury when he comes to talk to her about Helen?
2. What happens when Jury walks into the church as the novel opens?
3. How does Racer interact with Cyril?
4. Why does Melrose think he was invited to travel with Vivian?
5. What important information does Maureen give Jury about her time in school?
6. Why does Jury say to Helen about his difficulties dating?
7. What does Jury think of Mrs. Wasserman?
8. What does Jury learn about the stone Helen was at when Jury first saw her?
9. What triggers Maureen to wonder if something has happened to Helen?
10. What does Jury think of his cousin's husband?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Identify what you think is the tone for "Jerusalem Inn" and discuss several literary devices that Grimes uses to create this tone.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast two female characters from "Jerusalem Inn" (like Helen and Beatrice or Lady St. Leger and Beatrice).
Essay Topic 3
Describe at least three things that Grimes is able to do with the character of Helen because she is a woman AND at least three things she is *not* able to do with her because she is a woman.
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)