|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jury believe to be the source of Mrs. Wasserman's anxiety?
2. Who is Chief Superintendent Racer?
3. What does Cullen report about crime in Washington?
4. How does Ruthven refer to Melrose?
5. According to Maureen, what happened to Helen's father?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jury say to Helen about his difficulties dating?
2. Who discovers Helen's body?
3. What does Jury think of Mrs. Wasserman?
4. How does Lady Agatha react to Melrose's giving up of his title?
5. What does Nellie tell Jury when he comes to talk to her about Helen?
6. What does Addie tell Jury the first time they meet at Bonaventure School?
7. What does Cullen say in his phone call to Jury at the end of Chapter 9?
8. Why does Melrose think he was invited to travel with Vivian?
9. How does Vivian excuse the separation between her fiance and herself during the holiday season?
10. What happens after Jury walks Helen home after first meeting her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze at least three different literary techniques Grimes uses to create tension in "Jerusalem Inn."
Essay Topic 2
Analyze at least three literary techniques Grimes uses to make one character of your choosing from the "Jerusalem Inn" very likable OR very unlikable to the reader.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss at least three reasons why "Jerusalem Inn" could be classified in a genre other than murder mystery, making sure to use specific examples from the text to support your position.
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)