|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Jury come to believe is Robbie's mother?
2. Why does Melrose claim he hasn't heard of Helen's death?
(a) Because no one believes she is really dead.
(b) Because of the storm.
(c) Because his boss is a jerk and forgot to tell him.
(d) Because he hasn't checked his email in forever.
3. How much older than Susan Assington is her husband?
(a) 30 years.
(b) 20 years.
(c) Only one day.
(d) 10 years.
4. How does Charles react when asked about Helen's murder?
(a) He becomes very nervous.
(b) He faints.
(c) His hands start shaking.
(d) He becomes very angry.
5. How does Jury get to the mansion after Tom and Melrose sneak out?
(a) By skiing with Tom and Melrose.
(b) By car.
(c) By hitchiking.
(d) By snowshoeing with Tom and Melrose.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of case does Jury question Sir George about?
2. What does Grace say when questioned about her husband's affair?
3. Which three characters run into each other unexpectedly during a game of snooker at the Jerusalem Inn?
4. Why does Tommy want to go to the Jerusalem Inn with Melrose in Chapter 14?
5. Why does Jury want to go to the Jerusalem Inn the morning after Beatrice's murder?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the group discuss over its first dinner at Spinney Abbey?
2. What does Parmenger say to Jury while being questioned about Beatrice's murder?
3. What is Grace's physician's theory about what happened with Beatrice?
4. What does Vivian ask Jury as she is leaving from being questioned by him about Beatrice's death?
5. How does Jury come to realize that Melrose and Vivian are in the area when he arrives at the Jerusalem Inn?
6. How does Jury respond to being yelled at when he lights the fire in the Margate Hotel?
7. What theory of Beatrice's murder do Jury and Melrose discuss at the Jerusalem Inn when they are there with Tom and Robbie?
8. How is Lady St. Leger described when her character is introduced in Chapter 11?
9. What does Parmenger later admit to doing at Seaingham's mansion during his visit there?
10. What information does Ruthven hear from other servants that he passes along to Melrose?
This section contains 844 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)