|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tommy think of his guardian?
(a) That she is very kind and loving but also can be mean sometimes.
(b) That she is very strict.
(c) That she is fantastic in every way possible.
(d) That she is a dumb as a post.
2. Why does Tommy want to go to the Jerusalem Inn with Melrose in Chapter 14?
(a) Because he has something to talk to Melrose about privatelly.
(b) Because he is feeling cooped up.
(c) Because he wants to meet his girlfriend there.
(d) Because he wants to go out drinking.
3. Why does Tom play snooker with Robbie?
(a) There is no one else who knows how to play snooker.
(b) He thinks they might be brothers.
(c) He wants to get information with him.
(d) Robbie is the last person Tom has to beat before he can be champion.
4. How long do the guests think it will take for the police to arrive to Beatrice's murder scene?
(a) Just a few minutes.
(c) This is a trick question; the police are there when she is murdered.
5. How does Jury get to the mansion after Tom and Melrose sneak out?
(a) By snowshoeing with Tom and Melrose.
(b) By car.
(c) By hitchiking.
(d) By skiing with Tom and Melrose.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does someone believe is the only vehicle that can rescue Melrose, Vivian, Agatha, and Ruthven when they are stranded at the Jerusalem Inn?
2. Who is Lady St. Leger in charge of?
3. What is Spinney Abbey?
4. What kind of alcohol does Mrs. Krimp reluctantly provide for the guests at the Margate Hotel?
5. What forces Danielle into service as a maid?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Parmenger say to Jury while being questioned about Beatrice's murder?
2. What information do Jury and Grace share about Grace possibly being poisoned?
3. How does Jury respond to being yelled at when he lights the fire in the Margate Hotel?
4. What does the group discuss over its first dinner at Spinney Abbey?
5. What information does Ruthven hear from other servants that he passes along to Melrose?
6. What is going on in the Jerusalem Inn when Melrose, Plant, Vivian, Agatha, and Ruthven arrive during the snowstorm?
7. How does Susan Assington appear to the group when it arrives at Spinney Abbey during the snowstorm?
8. What is confusing to the guests about Beatrice's murder scene?
9. What does Melrose do with Beatrice's murder scene when he realizes that someone has been killed?
10. What is Grace's physician's theory about what happened with Beatrice?
This section contains 803 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)