|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Beatrice's body found?
(a) In the kitchen.
(b) Right inside the mansion gates.
(c) In the car.
(d) In the basement.
2. What problem with Grace does Jury want to solve?
(a) Who is sending her threatening messages.
(b) Who tried to kill her but killed Beatrice instead.
(c) Who she is having an affair with.
(d) Who is poisoning her.
3. How does Jury decide Beatrice has been killed?
(a) She was shot.
(b) She was stabbed.
(c) She was poisoned.
(d) She was strangled.
4. How does Charles react when asked about Helen's murder?
(a) He becomes very angry.
(b) His hands start shaking.
(c) He faints.
(d) He becomes very nervous.
5. What secret does Jury confess to Grace that he knows about her?
(a) That she is ill.
(b) That she is a fugitive.
(c) That she is pregnant.
(d) That she is having an affair.
Short Answer Questions
1. How tall is Jury?
2. What kind of case does Jury question Sir George about?
3. Which three characters run into each other unexpectedly during a game of snooker at the Jerusalem Inn?
4. What kind of alcohol does Mrs. Krimp reluctantly provide for the guests at the Margate Hotel?
5. Why does Jury want to go to the Jerusalem Inn the morning after Beatrice's murder?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Brown's assignment when she was placed at Bonaventure?
2. What information does Melrose offer Jury about Elizabeth St. Leger when they unexpectedly meet up in the Jerusalem Inn?
3. What wry comment does Parmenger make to Jury about how he is dressed the night Beatrice is found?
4. What does Parmenger say to Jury while being questioned about Beatrice's murder?
5. What is Grace most upset about during her questioning with Jury about Beatrice's murder?
6. What does Parmenger later admit to doing at Seaingham's mansion during his visit there?
7. What theory of Beatrice's murder do Jury and Melrose discuss at the Jerusalem Inn when they are there with Tom and Robbie?
8. What information does Ruthven hear from other servants that he passes along to Melrose?
9. What is going on in the Jerusalem Inn when Melrose, Plant, Vivian, Agatha, and Ruthven arrive during the snowstorm?
10. What first impression of Parmenger does Melrose offer to Jury?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)