|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For how long does Charles predict his guests will be snowed in at his home?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Three days.
(c) One week.
(d) Five days.
2. Who has invited Frederick to Spinney Abbey?
(b) Grace Seaingham.
(c) Charles Seaingham.
(d) Lady St. Leger.
3. Who admits to having knowledge of poisons?
(d) Sir George.
4. Who is George?
(a) A famous artist visiting the Seaingham house.
(b) Susan Assington's personal physician.
(c) A neighbor of Seaingham who no one else really likes.
(d) Susan Assington's son.
5. What is Grace wearing when she comes to the murder scene?
(a) Her nightclothes.
(b) Hiking gear.
(c) Nothing but a towel.
(d) A very fancy ballgown.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who adopted Helen's child?
2. What does Wiggins learn is the real reason why Helen was taken out of school?
3. What is the real relationship between Helen and Parmenger?
4. Who suggests Melrose, Vivian, Agatha, and Ruthven could get a room at the Jerusalem Inn when it appears they are stranded from the storm?
5. How do Tommy and Melrose decide to get to the Jerusalem Inn?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jury respond to being yelled at when he lights the fire in the Margate Hotel?
2. What wry comment does Parmenger make to Jury about how he is dressed the night Beatrice is found?
3. What role does Jury want Melrose to play during his time at Spinney Abbey?
4. What theory of Beatrice's murder do Jury and Melrose discuss at the Jerusalem Inn when they are there with Tom and Robbie?
5. What first impression of Parmenger does Melrose offer to Jury?
6. What information do Jury and Grace share about Grace possibly being poisoned?
7. What information does Ruthven hear from other servants that he passes along to Melrose?
8. How does Jury come to realize that Melrose and Vivian are in the area when he arrives at the Jerusalem Inn?
9. How is Lady St. Leger described when her character is introduced in Chapter 11?
10. What feature of Beatrice's leaves a particular impression on Melrose when he first meets her?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)