|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Beatrice's body is found, whom does Jury request go with him to the study?
2. What kind of alcohol does Mrs. Krimp reluctantly provide for the guests at the Margate Hotel?
3. What meal do Grace and Jury share while discussing Beatrice's murder?
(c) None; this is a trick question.
4. What problem with Grace does Jury want to solve?
(a) Who is sending her threatening messages.
(b) Who is poisoning her.
(c) Who she is having an affair with.
(d) Who tried to kill her but killed Beatrice instead.
5. What does Jury do in the Margate Hotel that causes someone else to get upset?
(a) Get too drunk.
(b) Demand to be given free accommodations because he is a police officer.
(c) Light a fire.
(d) Make a lot of noise.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Jury and Wiggins meet up after Beatrice's murder?
2. What does William McQuade do for a living?
3. What is the real relationship between Helen and Parmenger?
4. For how long does Charles predict his guests will be snowed in at his home?
5. What weapon does Jury decide Beatrice is killed with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What theory of Beatrice's murder do Jury and Melrose discuss at the Jerusalem Inn when they are there with Tom and Robbie?
2. What is confusing to the guests about Beatrice's murder scene?
3. What feature of Beatrice's leaves a particular impression on Melrose when he first meets her?
4. How is the Margate Hotel described?
5. What is going on in the Jerusalem Inn when Melrose, Plant, Vivian, Agatha, and Ruthven arrive during the snowstorm?
6. What information do Jury and Grace share about Grace possibly being poisoned?
7. What information does Melrose offer Jury about Elizabeth St. Leger when they unexpectedly meet up in the Jerusalem Inn?
8. What role does Jury want Melrose to play during his time at Spinney Abbey?
9. What does Vivian ask Jury as she is leaving from being questioned by him about Beatrice's death?
10. What is Grace's physician's theory about what happened with Beatrice?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)