|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Grace wearing when she comes to the murder scene?
(a) A very fancy ballgown.
(b) Nothing but a towel.
(c) Hiking gear.
(d) Her nightclothes.
2. What is Spinney Abbey?
(a) Nothing; this is a trick question.
(b) The name of the town where Grace Seaingham is from.
(c) The name of the city where Charles Seaingham lives.
(d) The Seaingham mansion.
3. What problem with Grace does Jury want to solve?
(a) Who is poisoning her.
(b) Who she is having an affair with.
(c) Who is sending her threatening messages.
(d) Who tried to kill her but killed Beatrice instead.
4. Why does Jury want to go to the Jerusalem Inn the morning after Beatrice's murder?
(a) He wants to talk to Robbie.
(b) He has heard they make a great breakfast.
(c) He wants a drink.
(d) He doesn't trust the food at the mansion.
5. How tall is Jury?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does William McQuade do for a living?
2. What meal do Grace and Jury share while discussing Beatrice's murder?
3. What is Miss Hargreaves-Brown's real name?
4. Whom does Cullen arrive with at Beatrice's murder scene?
5. What does Melrose think of Grace Seaingham?
Short Essay Questions
1. What theory of Beatrice's murder do Jury and Melrose discuss at the Jerusalem Inn when they are there with Tom and Robbie?
2. What does Melrose do with Beatrice's murder scene when he realizes that someone has been killed?
3. What feature of Beatrice's leaves a particular impression on Melrose when he first meets her?
4. What information does Ruthven hear from other servants that he passes along to Melrose?
5. What does Parmenger later admit to doing at Seaingham's mansion during his visit there?
6. How is Lady St. Leger described when her character is introduced in Chapter 11?
7. How does Susan Assington appear to the group when it arrives at Spinney Abbey during the snowstorm?
8. What first impression of Parmenger does Melrose offer to Jury?
9. How does Jury come to realize that Melrose and Vivian are in the area when he arrives at the Jerusalem Inn?
10. How does Jury respond to being yelled at when he lights the fire in the Margate Hotel?
This section contains 792 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)