|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Jury come to believe is Robbie's mother?
2. What secret does Jury confess to Grace that he knows about her?
(a) That she is having an affair.
(b) That she is a fugitive.
(c) That she is ill.
(d) That she is pregnant.
3. Where does Jury find Isobel Dunsany?
(a) At a run-down hotel.
(b) At her favorite pub.
(c) In the town chuch.
(d) On his doorstep; she has come to talk to him.
4. What do the other guests think of Beatrice's writing?
(a) That it is very intellectual.
(b) That it is kind of trashy.
(c) That it is very fancy.
(d) They don't know about it because she uses a pen name.
5. What forces Danielle into service as a maid?
(a) She knows too much about the royalty.
(b) Her husband ran off with the money she had saved.
(c) She is in an accident.
(d) She has an affair with her old boss, who fires her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does someone believe is the only vehicle that can rescue Melrose, Vivian, Agatha, and Ruthven when they are stranded at the Jerusalem Inn?
2. Who is Sir George Assington?
3. Where is Beatrice's body found?
4. What is Spinney Abbey?
5. What weapon does Jury decide Beatrice is killed with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What first impression of Parmenger does Melrose offer to Jury?
2. What does Parmenger later admit to doing at Seaingham's mansion during his visit there?
3. What information do Jury and Grace share about Grace possibly being poisoned?
4. What is confusing to the guests about Beatrice's murder scene?
5. What information does Ruthven hear from other servants that he passes along to Melrose?
6. How does Jury respond to being yelled at when he lights the fire in the Margate Hotel?
7. How is Lady St. Leger described when her character is introduced in Chapter 11?
8. What was Brown's assignment when she was placed at Bonaventure?
9. What theory of Beatrice's murder do Jury and Melrose discuss at the Jerusalem Inn when they are there with Tom and Robbie?
10. What does Melrose do with Beatrice's murder scene when he realizes that someone has been killed?
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)