|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Jury come to believe is Robbie's mother?
2. Who tells Cullen that Charles was having an affair with Beatrice?
(c) Charles himself.
3. Who promises to come get Melrose, Vivian, Agatha, and Ruthven when they are stranded at the Jerusalem Inn during a storm?
(a) Charles Seaingham.
(c) The local police.
(d) Mrs. Seaingham.
4. What problem with Grace does Jury want to solve?
(a) Who tried to kill her but killed Beatrice instead.
(b) Who is sending her threatening messages.
(c) Who is poisoning her.
(d) Who she is having an affair with.
5. What do the other guests think of Beatrice's writing?
(a) They don't know about it because she uses a pen name.
(b) That it is very intellectual.
(c) That it is very fancy.
(d) That it is kind of trashy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Sir George Assington?
2. What kind of alcohol does Mrs. Krimp reluctantly provide for the guests at the Margate Hotel?
3. What meal do Grace and Jury share while discussing Beatrice's murder?
4. How long do the guests think it will take for the police to arrive to Beatrice's murder scene?
5. What is Melrose's impression of Susan Assington?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Lady St. Leger described when her character is introduced in Chapter 11?
2. What information does Ruthven hear from other servants that he passes along to Melrose?
3. What is Grace's physician's theory about what happened with Beatrice?
4. What does the group discuss over its first dinner at Spinney Abbey?
5. How does Jury come to realize that Melrose and Vivian are in the area when he arrives at the Jerusalem Inn?
6. What was Brown's assignment when she was placed at Bonaventure?
7. What does Parmenger say to Jury while being questioned about Beatrice's murder?
8. What information does Melrose offer Jury about Elizabeth St. Leger when they unexpectedly meet up in the Jerusalem Inn?
9. What does Parmenger later admit to doing at Seaingham's mansion during his visit there?
10. What feature of Beatrice's leaves a particular impression on Melrose when he first meets her?
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)