|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Robbie Lyte returned to Bonaventure?
(a) Because he was impossible to control.
(b) Because he breaks into a bank and robs it.
(c) Because he loved it there so much.
(d) Because his mother died.
2. Who is horrified at the thought of Melrose, Vivian, Agatha, and Ruthven getting a room at the Jerusalem Inn when it appears they are stranded from the storm?
3. What is St. Leger so concerned about that happened the night before Beatrice's murder?
(a) That Tom was out on skis so late at night.
(b) That someone tried to poison her own drink.
(c) That she heard people yelling but didn't investigate to see who or why.
(d) That she got into a fight with Beatrice.
4. Who is Sir George Assington?
(a) Grace's physician.
(b) Grace's husband.
(c) All of these answers are correct.
(d) Grace's secret lover.
5. How do Tommy and Melrose decide to get to the Jerusalem Inn?
(a) By walking.
(b) By ski or snowshoe.
(c) By snowmobile.
(d) By stealing a car.
Short Answer Questions
1. What secret does Jury confess to Grace that he knows about her?
2. How do Tom and Melrose return to the mansion after sneaking out?
3. What does Wiggins learn is the real reason why Helen was taken out of school?
4. Whom does Cullen arrive with at Beatrice's murder scene?
5. What weapon does Jury decide Beatrice is killed with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What wry comment does Parmenger make to Jury about how he is dressed the night Beatrice is found?
2. What does Melrose do with Beatrice's murder scene when he realizes that someone has been killed?
3. What information does Ruthven hear from other servants that he passes along to Melrose?
4. What does Vivian ask Jury as she is leaving from being questioned by him about Beatrice's death?
5. How is the Margate Hotel described?
6. What information does Melrose offer Jury about Elizabeth St. Leger when they unexpectedly meet up in the Jerusalem Inn?
7. What is going on in the Jerusalem Inn when Melrose, Plant, Vivian, Agatha, and Ruthven arrive during the snowstorm?
8. What is Grace's physician's theory about what happened with Beatrice?
9. What first impression of Parmenger does Melrose offer to Jury?
10. What is confusing to the guests about Beatrice's murder scene?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)