|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which members of the group greatly admire William McQuade?
(a) Vivian and Charles.
(b) Vivian and Melrose.
(c) Only Vivian, because no one else has seen his movies.
(d) Vivian and Jury.
2. What does Jury do in the Margate Hotel that causes someone else to get upset?
(a) Make a lot of noise.
(b) Get too drunk.
(c) Light a fire.
(d) Demand to be given free accommodations because he is a police officer.
3. Whom does Cullen arrive with at Beatrice's murder scene?
(b) No one.
4. After Beatrice's body is found, whom does Jury request go with him to the study?
5. What is Melrose's impression of Susan Assington?
(a) That she is hiding something.
(b) That she is very, very snobby.
(c) That she is not very bright.
(d) That she is the likely murderer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What weapon does Jury decide Beatrice is killed with?
2. Who is playing music when the guests arrive at Seaingham?
3. Who is Mrs. Krimp?
4. Why is Robbie Lyte returned to Bonaventure?
5. What meal do Grace and Jury share while discussing Beatrice's murder?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Melrose do with Beatrice's murder scene when he realizes that someone has been killed?
2. What information does Melrose offer Jury about Elizabeth St. Leger when they unexpectedly meet up in the Jerusalem Inn?
3. What does Vivian ask Jury as she is leaving from being questioned by him about Beatrice's death?
4. What is Grace's physician's theory about what happened with Beatrice?
5. What does Parmenger say to Jury while being questioned about Beatrice's murder?
6. What information does Ruthven hear from other servants that he passes along to Melrose?
7. What is confusing to the guests about Beatrice's murder scene?
8. What first impression of Parmenger does Melrose offer to Jury?
9. How does Jury respond to being yelled at when he lights the fire in the Margate Hotel?
10. How is Lady St. Leger described when her character is introduced in Chapter 11?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)