|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tommy think of his guardian?
(a) That she is very kind and loving but also can be mean sometimes.
(b) That she is very strict.
(c) That she is a dumb as a post.
(d) That she is fantastic in every way possible.
2. Why does Jury want to go to the Jerusalem Inn the morning after Beatrice's murder?
(a) He wants a drink.
(b) He has heard they make a great breakfast.
(c) He wants to talk to Robbie.
(d) He doesn't trust the food at the mansion.
3. What time does Jury wake up Melrose the morning after Beatrice's murder?
(a) Shortly after 7.
(b) Shortly after 10.
(c) Shortly after 9.
(d) Shortly after 8.
4. What problem with Grace does Jury want to solve?
(a) Who is sending her threatening messages.
(b) Who is poisoning her.
(c) Who she is having an affair with.
(d) Who tried to kill her but killed Beatrice instead.
5. What has apparently happened to Tommy's parents?
(a) They were murdered.
(b) They died.
(c) They abandoned the baby on the Seaingham doorstep.
(d) They abandoned the baby on Beatrice's doorstep.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Melrose claim he hasn't heard of Helen's death?
2. What does Jury do in the Margate Hotel that causes someone else to get upset?
3. What does Beatrice do for a living?
4. What do the other guests think of Beatrice's writing?
5. Who tells Cullen that Charles was having an affair with Beatrice?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information do Jury and Grace share about Grace possibly being poisoned?
2. What information does Melrose offer Jury about Elizabeth St. Leger when they unexpectedly meet up in the Jerusalem Inn?
3. What is Grace most upset about during her questioning with Jury about Beatrice's murder?
4. What was Brown's assignment when she was placed at Bonaventure?
5. What arrangements was Brown given for her work at Bonaventure?
6. What theory of Beatrice's murder do Jury and Melrose discuss at the Jerusalem Inn when they are there with Tom and Robbie?
7. What is going on in the Jerusalem Inn when Melrose, Plant, Vivian, Agatha, and Ruthven arrive during the snowstorm?
8. What is confusing to the guests about Beatrice's murder scene?
9. What is Grace's physician's theory about what happened with Beatrice?
10. What does Vivian ask Jury as she is leaving from being questioned by him about Beatrice's death?
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)