|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Beatrice's murder and the questioning that follows, what time is the group finally allowed back to bed?
(a) Five in the morning.
(b) Eleven in the morning.
(d) Two in the morning.
2. How long do the guests think it will take for the police to arrive to Beatrice's murder scene?
(a) Just a few minutes.
(b) This is a trick question; the police are there when she is murdered.
3. What kind of storm interferes with several characters' plans to get to Charles Seaingham's home?
(a) A heavy hailstorm.
(b) A blinding rain.
(c) A dust storm.
(d) A blizzard.
4. Who wins the snooker tournament Tom plays after sneaking out with Melrose?
(d) The other person.
5. What is the real relationship between Helen and Parmenger?
(a) They are husband and wife.
(b) They are half-siblings.
(c) They are just friends.
(d) They are adopted siblings.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Beatrice's body is found, whom does Jury request go with him to the study?
2. How does Tom discover the body at the mansion?
3. For how long does Charles predict his guests will be snowed in at his home?
4. Who was Helen very interested in when she came to talk to Miss Dunsany?
5. Who is Sir George Assington?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jury come to realize that Melrose and Vivian are in the area when he arrives at the Jerusalem Inn?
2. What information does Melrose offer Jury about Elizabeth St. Leger when they unexpectedly meet up in the Jerusalem Inn?
3. What does Melrose do with Beatrice's murder scene when he realizes that someone has been killed?
4. What is Grace most upset about during her questioning with Jury about Beatrice's murder?
5. What information does Ruthven hear from other servants that he passes along to Melrose?
6. What is Grace's physician's theory about what happened with Beatrice?
7. What theory of Beatrice's murder do Jury and Melrose discuss at the Jerusalem Inn when they are there with Tom and Robbie?
8. What is going on in the Jerusalem Inn when Melrose, Plant, Vivian, Agatha, and Ruthven arrive during the snowstorm?
9. How is the Margate Hotel described?
10. What wry comment does Parmenger make to Jury about how he is dressed the night Beatrice is found?
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)