|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which three characters run into each other unexpectedly during a game of snooker at the Jerusalem Inn?
(a) Chalres, Jury, and Melrose.
(b) Melrose, Tommy, and Charles.
(c) Tommy, Melrose, and Jury.
(d) Vivian, Charles, and Jury.
2. What does Jury do in the Margate Hotel that causes someone else to get upset?
(a) Demand to be given free accommodations because he is a police officer.
(b) Light a fire.
(c) Make a lot of noise.
(d) Get too drunk.
3. What does Tommy think of his guardian?
(a) That she is fantastic in every way possible.
(b) That she is very kind and loving but also can be mean sometimes.
(c) That she is a dumb as a post.
(d) That she is very strict.
4. What secret does Jury confess to Grace that he knows about her?
(a) That she is having an affair.
(b) That she is a fugitive.
(c) That she is pregnant.
(d) That she is ill.
5. What does William McQuade do for a living?
(a) He is a famous actor.
(b) He is a plumber.
(c) He is a painter.
(d) He is a writer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time does Jury wake up Melrose the morning after Beatrice's murder?
2. How does Jury decide Beatrice has been killed?
3. Who tells Cullen that Charles was having an affair with Beatrice?
4. What kind of alcohol does Mrs. Krimp reluctantly provide for the guests at the Margate Hotel?
5. Who wins the snooker tournament Tom plays after sneaking out with Melrose?
Short Essay Questions
1. What first impression of Parmenger does Melrose offer to Jury?
2. What information do Jury and Grace share about Grace possibly being poisoned?
3. What does the group discuss over its first dinner at Spinney Abbey?
4. What is Grace's physician's theory about what happened with Beatrice?
5. What does Vivian ask Jury as she is leaving from being questioned by him about Beatrice's death?
6. What feature of Beatrice's leaves a particular impression on Melrose when he first meets her?
7. What is confusing to the guests about Beatrice's murder scene?
8. What arrangements was Brown given for her work at Bonaventure?
9. How is Lady St. Leger described when her character is introduced in Chapter 11?
10. What does Parmenger say to Jury while being questioned about Beatrice's murder?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)