|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What weapon does Jury decide Beatrice is killed with?
(a) Rat poison.
(b) A rope.
(c) A kitchen knife.
(d) A shotgun.
2. Who has invited Frederick to Spinney Abbey?
(a) Grace Seaingham.
(b) Charles Seaingham.
(c) Lady St. Leger.
3. How does Tom discover the body at the mansion?
(a) He sees it from afar.
(b) He trips on it.
(c) He smells it.
(d) He sees someone trying to bury it.
4. What kind of storm interferes with several characters' plans to get to Charles Seaingham's home?
(a) A heavy hailstorm.
(b) A blizzard.
(c) A blinding rain.
(d) A dust storm.
5. Who is most relieved to learn that Tom isn't a suspect in Beatrice's murder?
(a) St. Leger.
(b) Tom himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What secret did Helen tell Miss Hargreaves-Brown first?
2. For how long does Charles predict his guests will be snowed in at his home?
3. Why does Melrose claim he hasn't heard of Helen's death?
4. Whom does Wiggins talk to again to learn more about Helen?
5. What does Melrose think of Beatrice?
Short Essay Questions
1. What theory of Beatrice's murder do Jury and Melrose discuss at the Jerusalem Inn when they are there with Tom and Robbie?
2. What is Grace's physician's theory about what happened with Beatrice?
3. What does Vivian ask Jury as she is leaving from being questioned by him about Beatrice's death?
4. How does Jury come to realize that Melrose and Vivian are in the area when he arrives at the Jerusalem Inn?
5. What first impression of Parmenger does Melrose offer to Jury?
6. What does the group discuss over its first dinner at Spinney Abbey?
7. What arrangements was Brown given for her work at Bonaventure?
8. How is Lady St. Leger described when her character is introduced in Chapter 11?
9. What is Grace most upset about during her questioning with Jury about Beatrice's murder?
10. How does Jury respond to being yelled at when he lights the fire in the Margate Hotel?
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)