|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does William McQuade do for a living?
(a) He is a famous actor.
(b) He is a writer.
(c) He is a plumber.
(d) He is a painter.
2. What does someone believe is the only vehicle that can rescue Melrose, Vivian, Agatha, and Ruthven when they are stranded at the Jerusalem Inn?
(a) A Land Rover.
(b) A Hummer.
(c) A tank.
(d) A horse and sleigh.
3. Why does Tommy want to go to the Jerusalem Inn with Melrose in Chapter 14?
(a) Because he has something to talk to Melrose about privatelly.
(b) Because he is feeling cooped up.
(c) Because he wants to go out drinking.
(d) Because he wants to meet his girlfriend there.
4. Whom does Wiggins talk to again to learn more about Helen?
5. Why does Jury want to go to the Jerusalem Inn the morning after Beatrice's murder?
(a) He has heard they make a great breakfast.
(b) He wants to talk to Robbie.
(c) He wants a drink.
(d) He doesn't trust the food at the mansion.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Tom and Melrose return to the mansion after sneaking out?
2. What forces Danielle into service as a maid?
3. What is St. Leger so concerned about that happened the night before Beatrice's murder?
4. How does Jury react to learning that Melrose is in the area when he arrives at the Jerusalem Inn?
5. What weapon does Jury decide Beatrice is killed with?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)