|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Cullen arrive with at Beatrice's murder scene?
(d) No one.
2. Who is most relieved to learn that Tom isn't a suspect in Beatrice's murder?
(c) St. Leger.
(d) Tom himself.
3. Who is playing music when the guests arrive at Seaingham?
(a) Tommy Whittaker.
(c) A famous pianist.
4. How does Jury react to learning that Melrose is in the area when he arrives at the Jerusalem Inn?
(a) He is sad because they used to be good friends.
(b) He is glad because they have worked together before.
(c) He is jealous because Melrose is dating Jury's old girlfriend.
(d) He is angry because he is creeping in on his case.
5. What secret does Jury confess to Grace that he knows about her?
(a) That she is a fugitive.
(b) That she is pregnant.
(c) That she is ill.
(d) That she is having an affair.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has invited Frederick to Spinney Abbey?
2. Who is Sir George Assington?
3. Which members of the group greatly admire William McQuade?
4. Who suggests Melrose, Vivian, Agatha, and Ruthven could get a room at the Jerusalem Inn when it appears they are stranded from the storm?
5. What does Wiggins learn is the real reason why Helen was taken out of school?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Vivian ask Jury as she is leaving from being questioned by him about Beatrice's death?
2. What does Parmenger later admit to doing at Seaingham's mansion during his visit there?
3. What information do Jury and Grace share about Grace possibly being poisoned?
4. What first impression of Parmenger does Melrose offer to Jury?
5. What wry comment does Parmenger make to Jury about how he is dressed the night Beatrice is found?
6. How does Jury come to realize that Melrose and Vivian are in the area when he arrives at the Jerusalem Inn?
7. How does Jury respond to being yelled at when he lights the fire in the Margate Hotel?
8. What does Parmenger say to Jury while being questioned about Beatrice's murder?
9. How does Susan Assington appear to the group when it arrives at Spinney Abbey during the snowstorm?
10. What does the group discuss over its first dinner at Spinney Abbey?
This section contains 809 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)