|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Beatrice do for a living?
(a) Write movies.
(b) Write poetry.
(c) Write romance.
(d) Write fiction.
2. How does Jury decide Beatrice has been killed?
(a) She was poisoned.
(b) She was shot.
(c) She was strangled.
(d) She was stabbed.
3. How does Tom discover the body at the mansion?
(a) He sees it from afar.
(b) He smells it.
(c) He sees someone trying to bury it.
(d) He trips on it.
4. Who promises to come get Melrose, Vivian, Agatha, and Ruthven when they are stranded at the Jerusalem Inn during a storm?
(b) Charles Seaingham.
(c) Mrs. Seaingham.
(d) The local police.
5. Why does Tom play snooker with Robbie?
(a) Robbie is the last person Tom has to beat before he can be champion.
(b) There is no one else who knows how to play snooker.
(c) He wants to get information with him.
(d) He thinks they might be brothers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wins the snooker tournament Tom plays after sneaking out with Melrose?
2. How does Jury get to the mansion after Tom and Melrose sneak out?
3. What does Grace say when questioned about her husband's affair?
4. What is the real relationship between Helen and Parmenger?
5. Where does Jury find Isobel Dunsany?
Short Essay Questions
1. What theory of Beatrice's murder do Jury and Melrose discuss at the Jerusalem Inn when they are there with Tom and Robbie?
2. What information does Melrose offer Jury about Elizabeth St. Leger when they unexpectedly meet up in the Jerusalem Inn?
3. How is the Margate Hotel described?
4. What does the group discuss over its first dinner at Spinney Abbey?
5. What role does Jury want Melrose to play during his time at Spinney Abbey?
6. What feature of Beatrice's leaves a particular impression on Melrose when he first meets her?
7. How does Jury come to realize that Melrose and Vivian are in the area when he arrives at the Jerusalem Inn?
8. What does Vivian ask Jury as she is leaving from being questioned by him about Beatrice's death?
9. How does Jury respond to being yelled at when he lights the fire in the Margate Hotel?
10. What is going on in the Jerusalem Inn when Melrose, Plant, Vivian, Agatha, and Ruthven arrive during the snowstorm?
This section contains 825 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)