|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has invited Frederick to Spinney Abbey?
(a) Charles Seaingham.
(b) Grace Seaingham.
(d) Lady St. Leger.
2. What does Melrose think of Beatrice?
(a) That she is hideously ugly.
(b) That she is neight ugly nor attractive.
(c) That she is attractive.
(d) That he cannot decide if she is ugly or not.
3. What does William McQuade do for a living?
(a) He is a plumber.
(b) He is a famous actor.
(c) He is a painter.
(d) He is a writer.
4. Why does Jury want to go to the Jerusalem Inn the morning after Beatrice's murder?
(a) He wants a drink.
(b) He wants to talk to Robbie.
(c) He doesn't trust the food at the mansion.
(d) He has heard they make a great breakfast.
5. How does Jury react to learning that Melrose is in the area when he arrives at the Jerusalem Inn?
(a) He is jealous because Melrose is dating Jury's old girlfriend.
(b) He is angry because he is creeping in on his case.
(c) He is sad because they used to be good friends.
(d) He is glad because they have worked together before.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Helen very interested in when she came to talk to Miss Dunsany?
2. What secret does Jury confess to Grace that he knows about her?
3. Who admits to having knowledge of poisons?
4. Who is most relieved to learn that Tom isn't a suspect in Beatrice's murder?
5. What secret did Helen tell Miss Hargreaves-Brown first?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Brown's assignment when she was placed at Bonaventure?
2. What does Melrose do with Beatrice's murder scene when he realizes that someone has been killed?
3. How is the Margate Hotel described?
4. How does Jury respond to being yelled at when he lights the fire in the Margate Hotel?
5. What information does Ruthven hear from other servants that he passes along to Melrose?
6. What feature of Beatrice's leaves a particular impression on Melrose when he first meets her?
7. What information do Jury and Grace share about Grace possibly being poisoned?
8. What theory of Beatrice's murder do Jury and Melrose discuss at the Jerusalem Inn when they are there with Tom and Robbie?
9. What role does Jury want Melrose to play during his time at Spinney Abbey?
10. What does the group discuss over its first dinner at Spinney Abbey?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)