|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wins the snooker tournament Tom plays after sneaking out with Melrose?
(b) The other person.
2. What time does Jury wake up Melrose the morning after Beatrice's murder?
(a) Shortly after 8.
(b) Shortly after 9.
(c) Shortly after 10.
(d) Shortly after 7.
3. What does Beatrice do for a living?
(a) Write romance.
(b) Write poetry.
(c) Write fiction.
(d) Write movies.
4. What does Wiggins learn is the real reason why Helen was taken out of school?
(a) Because she was too smart for her own good.
(b) Because she was pregnant.
(c) Because she got in trouble too much.
(d) Because her father couldn't pay the bills.
5. What kind of alcohol does Mrs. Krimp reluctantly provide for the guests at the Margate Hotel?
Short Answer Questions
1. What forces Danielle into service as a maid?
2. How do Tommy and Melrose decide to get to the Jerusalem Inn?
3. What secret does Jury confess to Grace that he knows about her?
4. Which three characters run into each other unexpectedly during a game of snooker at the Jerusalem Inn?
5. How does Charles react when asked about Helen's murder?
Short Essay Questions
1. What feature of Beatrice's leaves a particular impression on Melrose when he first meets her?
2. What information does Ruthven hear from other servants that he passes along to Melrose?
3. How does Susan Assington appear to the group when it arrives at Spinney Abbey during the snowstorm?
4. What does Melrose do with Beatrice's murder scene when he realizes that someone has been killed?
5. What information does Melrose offer Jury about Elizabeth St. Leger when they unexpectedly meet up in the Jerusalem Inn?
6. How is Lady St. Leger described when her character is introduced in Chapter 11?
7. What role does Jury want Melrose to play during his time at Spinney Abbey?
8. What arrangements was Brown given for her work at Bonaventure?
9. What is Grace's physician's theory about what happened with Beatrice?
10. What wry comment does Parmenger make to Jury about how he is dressed the night Beatrice is found?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)