|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Melrose think of Beatrice?
(a) That she is attractive.
(b) That she is neight ugly nor attractive.
(c) That she is hideously ugly.
(d) That he cannot decide if she is ugly or not.
2. What does Melrose watch at the Jerusalem Inn when he is shortly stranded there by a storm?
(a) A game of snooker.
(b) Just the people in general.
(c) A bar fight.
(d) Something suspicious going on in the back corner.
3. Why is Robbie Lyte returned to Bonaventure?
(a) Because he loved it there so much.
(b) Because his mother died.
(c) Because he was impossible to control.
(d) Because he breaks into a bank and robs it.
4. How much older than Susan Assington is her husband?
(a) 30 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) Only one day.
(d) 20 years.
5. How does Jury get to the mansion after Tom and Melrose sneak out?
(a) By snowshoeing with Tom and Melrose.
(b) By car.
(c) By hitchiking.
(d) By skiing with Tom and Melrose.
Short Answer Questions
1. What problem with Grace does Jury want to solve?
2. What does Tommy think of his guardian?
3. What does Jury ask Vivian when he is questioning her about Beatrice's murder?
4. What kind of case does Jury question Sir George about?
5. Whom does Cullen arrive with at Beatrice's murder scene?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jury come to realize that Melrose and Vivian are in the area when he arrives at the Jerusalem Inn?
2. What was Brown's assignment when she was placed at Bonaventure?
3. What is Grace most upset about during her questioning with Jury about Beatrice's murder?
4. What does Melrose do with Beatrice's murder scene when he realizes that someone has been killed?
5. What is Grace's physician's theory about what happened with Beatrice?
6. How is the Margate Hotel described?
7. What first impression of Parmenger does Melrose offer to Jury?
8. What information does Ruthven hear from other servants that he passes along to Melrose?
9. What does Parmenger later admit to doing at Seaingham's mansion during his visit there?
10. What theory of Beatrice's murder do Jury and Melrose discuss at the Jerusalem Inn when they are there with Tom and Robbie?
This section contains 825 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)