|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Melrose done with his title?
(a) Sold it to someone else.
(b) Passed it along to a younger cousin.
(c) Given it up.
(d) Had it revoked.
2. What does Vivian do for a living?
(a) She is a writer.
(b) She is an artist.
(c) She is a dancer.
(d) She is a teacher.
3. Why does Racer yell at his secretary?
(a) He wants her to remove the cat from his office.
(b) He wants her to get a letter typed ASAP.
(c) She forgot to put cream in his coffee.
(d) She was late to work - again.
4. What does Cullen report about crime in Washington?
(a) That it only happens in the bad neighborhoods.
(b) That it never happens.
(c) That it has recently increased dramatically.
(d) That it happens all the time.
5. According to Maureen, what happened to Helen's father?
(a) He killed himself.
(b) He ran away.
(c) He was murdered.
(d) He died in a work accident.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has Seaingham invited to his home in the novel?
2. Where does Jury go after he leaves the church when the novel opens?
3. During his first visit to the Jerusalem Inn, who does Jury learn Helen once talked to there?
4. What does Maureen suspect of the sibling relationship between Frederick and Helen?
5. What does Jury do back in Helen's home that he hopes will help with his investigation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Cullen say in his phone call to Jury at the end of Chapter 9?
2. How does Cyril interact with Racer?
3. What does Jury think of Mrs. Wasserman?
4. What happens after Jury walks Helen home after first meeting her?
5. How does Lady Agatha react to Melrose's giving up of his title?
6. What keen observation of Helen does Jury make when they first meet?
7. Why does Melrose think he was invited to travel with Vivian?
8. Who discovers Helen's body?
9. What does Father Rourke tell Jury about the research Helen was supposedly doing?
10. What important information does Maureen give Jury about her time in school?
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)