|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Melrose done with his title?
(a) Passed it along to a younger cousin.
(b) Given it up.
(c) Had it revoked.
(d) Sold it to someone else.
2. Who is Ruthven?
(a) A man whose life Melrose saved once.
(b) Melrose's assistant.
(c) Melrose's son.
(d) Melrose's brother.
3. Where does Jury go after he leaves the church when the novel opens?
(a) A car repair shop.
(b) A music shop.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) A cemetery.
4. Who is Mrs. Wasserman?
(a) Jury's elderly auntie.
(b) Jury's elderly grandmother.
(c) Jury's much-older sister.
(d) Jury's neighbor.
5. According to Maureen, what happened to Helen's father?
(a) He ran away.
(b) He killed himself.
(c) He died in a work accident.
(d) He was murdered.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lady Agatha describe Melrose?
2. Where was Parmenger educated?
3. What is the name of the man Jury picks up on his first trip to Jerusalem Inn?
4. How does Ruthven refer to Melrose?
5. What does Jury think about Miss Hargreaves-Brown's accent?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jury learn about the stone Helen was at when Jury first saw her?
2. How does Lady Agatha react to Melrose's giving up of his title?
3. What important information does Maureen give Jury about her time in school?
4. How does Jury respond to Cullen when Cullen asks him how long he has known Helen?
5. How does Melrose react to how Ruthven addresses him?
6. Who discovers Helen's body?
7. How does Cyril interact with Racer?
8. What does Father Rourke tell Jury about the research Helen was supposedly doing?
9. What happens during Racer's rant at Jury?
10. What does Jury think of his cousin's husband?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)