|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has painted the pointed that Jury finds in Helen's house?
(a) A local artist who does not seem very good.
(c) Helen herself.
2. What does Helen tell Jury she does for a living?
(a) Work in a library.
(b) Work in a restaurant.
(c) Work as a cleaning lady.
(d) Work in a historic home nearby.
3. For approximately how long does Racer yell at Jury in Chapter 7?
(a) 2 hours.
(b) 30 minutes.
(c) 15 minutes.
(d) 60 minutes.
4. What does Cullen agree to do once he receives the autopsy reports about Helen?
(a) Release incorrect information to the media about how Helen died.
(b) Notify Jury.
(c) Keep them secret.
(d) Release them to the media.
5. What holiday season is approaching in the novel?
(a) Summer Solstice.
(b) The Thanksgiving season.
(c) The Christmas season.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Helen keep her house?
2. What did Helen's supposed father do with the family business dealings?
3. Who is Cyril?
4. What was found near Helen's body?
5. How does Lady Agatha describe Melrose?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jury think St. Leger will not be alive by the time he wants to arrest her?
2. What happens when Jury walks into the church as the novel opens?
3. How does Melrose respond to Lady Agatha's comment that he is an "unconfirmed bachelor"?
4. Why does Jury say to Helen about his difficulties dating?
5. What important information does Maureen give Jury about her time in school?
6. What triggers Maureen to wonder if something has happened to Helen?
7. What role does Jury want Melrose to play during his time at Spinney Abbey?
8. How does Melrose react to how Ruthven addresses him?
9. Who discovers Helen's body?
10. How does Vivian excuse the separation between her fiance and herself during the holiday season?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)