|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was found near Helen's body?
(a) Accupuncture needles.
(c) Her heart medication.
(d) A note from the killer.
2. How much does Helen work?
(b) Every minute she can because she is trying to save money.
(d) Not at all.
3. Who is Maureen Littleton?
(a) A young woman Helen employed to help with finances.
(b) Helen's sister.
(c) Helen's neighbor.
(d) Helen's housekeeper.
4. What does Jury believe to be the source of Mrs. Wasserman's anxiety?
(a) Something that happened in World War I.
(b) Something that happened in the Vietnam War.
(c) Something that happened in World War II.
(d) Something that happened in the Korean War.
5. What is Jury's first name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maureen suspect of the sibling relationship between Frederick and Helen?
2. Who has painted the pointed that Jury finds in Helen's house?
3. What does Mrs. Wasserman believe has been happening for years?
4. Who was Helen supposedly doing research on, according to Father Rourke?
5. Where does Racer work?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens after Jury walks Helen home after first meeting her?
2. Who discovers Helen's body?
3. What happens during Racer's rant at Jury?
4. How does Melrose respond to Lady Agatha's comment that he is an "unconfirmed bachelor"?
5. Why does Melrose think he was invited to travel with Vivian?
6. What does Jury think of Mrs. Wasserman?
7. What does Jury think of his cousin's husband?
8. What keen observation of Helen does Jury make when they first meet?
9. What triggers Maureen to wonder if something has happened to Helen?
10. What happens when Jury walks into the church as the novel opens?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)