|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cullen agree to do once he receives the autopsy reports about Helen?
(a) Release them to the media.
(b) Keep them secret.
(c) Release incorrect information to the media about how Helen died.
(d) Notify Jury.
2. What does Jury believe to be the source of Mrs. Wasserman's anxiety?
(a) Something that happened in the Vietnam War.
(b) Something that happened in World War II.
(c) Something that happened in World War I.
(d) Something that happened in the Korean War.
3. What does Cullen report about crime in Washington?
(a) That it only happens in the bad neighborhoods.
(b) That it happens all the time.
(c) That it never happens.
(d) That it has recently increased dramatically.
4. Where is Helen's body found?
(a) In the kitchen.
(b) In her car in the garage.
(c) On the front porch.
(d) On her bed.
5. What does Helen tell Jury she does for a living?
(a) Work in a restaurant.
(b) Work in a historic home nearby.
(c) Work in a library.
(d) Work as a cleaning lady.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Helen's last name?
2. For how long was Helen at a very expensive school?
3. What does Jury finally realize Maureen hates talking about?
4. What holiday season is approaching in the novel?
5. Who is Miss Hargreaves-Brown?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jury think of Mrs. Wasserman?
2. What does Addie tell Jury the first time they meet at Bonaventure School?
3. Who discovers Helen's body?
4. How does Cyril interact with Racer?
5. How does Melrose react to how Ruthven addresses him?
6. What does Jury think of his cousin's husband?
7. Why does Jury say to Helen about his difficulties dating?
8. What happens after Jury walks Helen home after first meeting her?
9. What keen observation of Helen does Jury make when they first meet?
10. What important information does Maureen give Jury about her time in school?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)