Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jury know something bad has happened to Helen?
(a) There are police outside of her house.
(b) He receives a strange phone call from her killer.
(c) He just has a weird feeling.
(d) He receives a strange phone call from her.
2. How does Lady Agatha describe Melrose?
(a) As a "arrogant jerk."
(b) As a "lying cheat."
(c) As the handsomest man she's ever seen.
(d) As an "unconfirmed bachelor."
3. What does Helen's autopsy report confirm?
(a) That she was shot.
(b) That she was stabbed to death.
(c) That she was poisoned.
(d) That she died from cancer.
4. What is the name of Frederick Parmenger's father?
5. How did Helen keep her house?
(a) Very neat.
(b) Very dark; all of the windows were covered.
(c) Very strange -- some rooms are messy, some are neat.
(d) Very messy.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Helen treat her medical condition?
2. What does Cullen cite as one of the more exciting crime activities that happened recently?
3. Who is Ruthven?
4. Who was Helen supposedly doing research on, according to Father Rourke?
5. What kinds of kids attend Bonaventure School?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Irene request of Lady St. Leger?
2. What information do Jury and Grace share about Grace possibly being poisoned?
3. What information does Melrose offer Jury about Elizabeth St. Leger when they unexpectedly meet up in the Jerusalem Inn?
4. What important information does Maureen give Jury about her time in school?
5. What theory of Beatrice's murder do Jury and Melrose discuss at the Jerusalem Inn when they are there with Tom and Robbie?
6. What arrangements was Brown given for her work at Bonaventure?
7. What is going on in the Jerusalem Inn when Melrose, Plant, Vivian, Agatha, and Ruthven arrive during the snowstorm?
8. What does Cullen say in his phone call to Jury at the end of Chapter 9?
9. Why does Melrose think he was invited to travel with Vivian?
10. What will happen if St. Leger is not alive when Jury wants to arrest her?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)