Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jury admit to Helen when the first meet?
(a) That he's wanted by the police.
(b) That he's a police officer.
(c) That he has been watching her for a few days.
(d) That he is still married.
2. What does Jury think about Cyril?
(a) That she is a very patient woman.
(b) That he should take him home with him.
(c) That he would like to date her.
(d) That she needs a new job.
3. What is Jury's first name?
4. According to Maureen, what happened to Helen's mother?
(a) She died in childbirth.
(b) She died of a "broken heart."
(c) She drowned.
(d) She killed herself.
5. How does Helen seem when Jury first finds her?
Short Answer Questions
1. What famous artist will be at Seaingham's home for the holidays?
2. What does Maureen suspect of the sibling relationship between Frederick and Helen?
3. Why does Jury walk into a church when the novel first opens?
4. Who is Miss Hargreaves-Brown?
5. Who is Fiona Clingmore?
Short Essay Questions
1. What wry comment does Parmenger make to Jury about how he is dressed the night Beatrice is found?
2. What does Jury think of Mrs. Wasserman?
3. What does Parmenger later admit to doing at Seaingham's mansion during his visit there?
4. What information does Melrose offer Jury about Elizabeth St. Leger when they unexpectedly meet up in the Jerusalem Inn?
5. What arrangements was Brown given for her work at Bonaventure?
6. What keen observation of Helen does Jury make when they first meet?
7. What is confusing to the guests about Beatrice's murder scene?
8. What role does Jury want Melrose to play during his time at Spinney Abbey?
9. Why does Lady St. Leger give Danielle money?
10. How does Lady Agatha react to Melrose's giving up of his title?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)