|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jury do back in Helen's home that he hopes will help with his investigation?
(a) Take a few of her personal items.
(b) Dust for fingerprints.
(c) Take pictures.
(d) Sleep there so he can "get a feel for what she was like."
2. What kind of medical condition does Helen have?
(a) A blood condition.
(b) A heart condition.
(c) A brain condition.
3. What does Jury buy for his cousin's children?
(b) Gifts and shoes.
(c) Tons of stuffed animals.
4. What does Jury admit to Helen when the first meet?
(a) That he's a police officer.
(b) That he is still married.
(c) That he's wanted by the police.
(d) That he has been watching her for a few days.
5. What does Jury finally realize Maureen hates talking about?
(a) Her beloved Helen.
(b) Her own family history.
(c) Romantic relationships.
(d) The dead in general.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lady Agatha describe Melrose?
2. According to Maureen, what happened to Helen's mother?
3. How does Ruthven refer to Melrose?
4. What does Maureen reveal to Jury about Helen's father?
5. Who is Chief Superintendent Racer?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jury learn about the stone Helen was at when Jury first saw her?
2. What happens when Jury walks into the church as the novel opens?
3. What triggers Maureen to wonder if something has happened to Helen?
4. What does Father Rourke tell Jury about the research Helen was supposedly doing?
5. Why does Jury say to Helen about his difficulties dating?
6. What does Jury think of his cousin's husband?
7. How does Lady Agatha react to Melrose's giving up of his title?
8. How does Cyril interact with Racer?
9. What important information does Maureen give Jury about her time in school?
10. What happens during Racer's rant at Jury?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)