|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kinds of kids attend Bonaventure School?
(a) Very naughty kids.
(b) Very wealthy kids.
(c) All kinds of kids; it's a public school.
(d) Mostly orphans.
2. What does Jury do back in Helen's home that he hopes will help with his investigation?
(a) Take a few of her personal items.
(b) Dust for fingerprints.
(c) Take pictures.
(d) Sleep there so he can "get a feel for what she was like."
3. According to Maureen, what happened to Helen's mother?
(a) She died in childbirth.
(b) She drowned.
(c) She killed herself.
(d) She died of a "broken heart."
4. What does Mrs. Wasserman believe has been happening for years?
(a) Someone has been secretly pursuing her.
(b) She has been going insane.
(c) She has been losing her hearing.
(d) She has been losing her vision.
5. What does Helen's autopsy report confirm?
(a) That she died from cancer.
(b) That she was stabbed to death.
(c) That she was shot.
(d) That she was poisoned.
Short Answer Questions
1. For how long was Helen at a very expensive school?
2. What does Cullen agree to do once he receives the autopsy reports about Helen?
3. Who is Father Rourke?
4. Who has Seaingham invited to his home in the novel?
5. What holiday season is approaching in the novel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Jury walks into the church as the novel opens?
2. What does Jury think of his cousin's husband?
3. What important information does Maureen give Jury about her time in school?
4. What happens during Racer's rant at Jury?
5. What does Addie tell Jury the first time they meet at Bonaventure School?
6. Who does Jury think Parmenger is in Part I?
7. What does Cullen say in his phone call to Jury at the end of Chapter 9?
8. Why does Jury say to Helen about his difficulties dating?
9. What triggers Maureen to wonder if something has happened to Helen?
10. What does Jury learn about the stone Helen was at when Jury first saw her?
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)