|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom is Vivian engaged?
(c) An Italian man.
(d) A French man.
2. What has Melrose done with his title?
(a) Sold it to someone else.
(b) Given it up.
(c) Had it revoked.
(d) Passed it along to a younger cousin.
3. Who was Helen supposedly doing research on, according to Father Rourke?
(a) Richard Jury.
(b) George Washington Carver.
(c) John Irving.
(d) George Washington.
4. How much does Helen work?
(b) Not at all.
(c) Every minute she can because she is trying to save money.
5. What kinds of kids attend Bonaventure School?
(a) Mostly orphans.
(b) Very wealthy kids.
(c) All kinds of kids; it's a public school.
(d) Very naughty kids.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mrs. Wasserman?
2. What does Jury's cousin do for a living?
3. Who has Seaingham invited to his home in the novel?
4. Why does Jury walk into a church when the novel first opens?
5. Who is Charles Seaingham?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jury respond to Cullen when Cullen asks him how long he has known Helen?
2. What does Jury learn about the stone Helen was at when Jury first saw her?
3. What does Cullen say in his phone call to Jury at the end of Chapter 9?
4. What arrangements was Brown given for her work at Bonaventure?
5. What first impression of Parmenger does Melrose offer to Jury?
6. What does Father Rourke tell Jury about the research Helen was supposedly doing?
7. What wry comment does Parmenger make to Jury about how he is dressed the night Beatrice is found?
8. What does Addie tell Jury the first time they meet at Bonaventure School?
9. What was Brown's assignment when she was placed at Bonaventure?
10. Why does Melrose think he was invited to travel with Vivian?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)