|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jury's first name?
2. What does Helen tell Jury she does for a living?
(a) Work as a cleaning lady.
(b) Work in a restaurant.
(c) Work in a historic home nearby.
(d) Work in a library.
3. What does Jury's cousin do for a living?
(a) Nothing right now; he is unemployed.
(b) He is a writer.
(c) He is a business man.
(d) He is independently wealthy so he doesn't have to work.
4. What does Jury believe to be the source of Mrs. Wasserman's anxiety?
(a) Something that happened in the Korean War.
(b) Something that happened in World War II.
(c) Something that happened in World War I.
(d) Something that happened in the Vietnam War.
5. For approximately how long does Racer yell at Jury in Chapter 7?
(a) 30 minutes.
(b) 60 minutes.
(c) 15 minutes.
(d) 2 hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Helen keep her house?
2. How does Helen treat her medical condition?
3. What does Mrs. Wasserman believe has been happening for years?
4. What does Helen's autopsy report confirm?
5. What does Jury admit to Helen when the first meet?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Jury think Parmenger is in Part I?
2. What does Father Rourke tell Jury about the research Helen was supposedly doing?
3. Why does Melrose think he was invited to travel with Vivian?
4. What does Jury learn about the stone Helen was at when Jury first saw her?
5. What happens during Racer's rant at Jury?
6. What important information does Maureen give Jury about her time in school?
7. What does Addie tell Jury the first time they meet at Bonaventure School?
8. What does Nellie tell Jury when he comes to talk to her about Helen?
9. What does Cullen say in his phone call to Jury at the end of Chapter 9?
10. Who discovers Helen's body?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)