|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Helen keep her house?
(a) Very strange -- some rooms are messy, some are neat.
(b) Very dark; all of the windows were covered.
(c) Very neat.
(d) Very messy.
2. What does Maureen reveal to Jury about Helen's father?
(a) That he was nobility.
(b) All of these answers are correct.
(c) That he was a priest.
(d) That he supposedly was Edward's younger brother.
3. How does Jury know something bad has happened to Helen?
(a) There are police outside of her house.
(b) He just has a weird feeling.
(c) He receives a strange phone call from her killer.
(d) He receives a strange phone call from her.
4. According to Maureen, what happened to Helen's father?
(a) He killed himself.
(b) He was murdered.
(c) He died in a work accident.
(d) He ran away.
5. What does Jury's cousin do for a living?
(a) He is a writer.
(b) He is a business man.
(c) Nothing right now; he is unemployed.
(d) He is independently wealthy so he doesn't have to work.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Vivian described physically?
2. Where does Jury walk Helen when he first meets her?
3. For how long was Helen at a very expensive school?
4. What does Maureen suspect of the sibling relationship between Frederick and Helen?
5. Who discovered Helen's body?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Vivian excuse the separation between her fiance and herself during the holiday season?
2. What does Cullen say in his phone call to Jury at the end of Chapter 9?
3. What does Nellie tell Jury when he comes to talk to her about Helen?
4. How does Melrose react to how Ruthven addresses him?
5. How does Cyril interact with Racer?
6. What does Father Rourke tell Jury about the research Helen was supposedly doing?
7. Why does Jury say to Helen about his difficulties dating?
8. What happens after Jury walks Helen home after first meeting her?
9. How does Lady Agatha react to Melrose's giving up of his title?
10. What does Jury think of his cousin's husband?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)