|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Maureen, what happened to Helen's mother?
(a) She killed herself.
(b) She died in childbirth.
(c) She drowned.
(d) She died of a "broken heart."
2. Who is Mrs. Wasserman?
(a) Jury's neighbor.
(b) Jury's much-older sister.
(c) Jury's elderly grandmother.
(d) Jury's elderly auntie.
3. How does Helen seem when Jury first finds her?
4. What is the name of Frederick Parmenger's father?
5. Who was Helen supposedly doing research on, according to Father Rourke?
(a) George Washington.
(b) George Washington Carver.
(c) Richard Jury.
(d) John Irving.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jury invite Helen to do shortly after they first meet?
2. Where does Jury spend a day with his cousin after he meets Helen?
3. Who is Fiona Clingmore?
4. What does Racer tell Jury about his request for a search warrant for Helen's home?
5. Where was Parmenger educated?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jury say to Helen about his difficulties dating?
2. How does Melrose react to how Ruthven addresses him?
3. What does Jury think of Mrs. Wasserman?
4. Why does Melrose think he was invited to travel with Vivian?
5. What keen observation of Helen does Jury make when they first meet?
6. What happens during Racer's rant at Jury?
7. Who does Jury think Parmenger is in Part I?
8. What happens when Jury walks into the church as the novel opens?
9. What important information does Maureen give Jury about her time in school?
10. How does Vivian excuse the separation between her fiance and herself during the holiday season?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)