|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Parmenger educated?
2. Who has painted the pointed that Jury finds in Helen's house?
(c) Helen herself.
(d) A local artist who does not seem very good.
3. Who is Maureen Littleton?
(a) A young woman Helen employed to help with finances.
(b) Helen's housekeeper.
(c) Helen's neighbor.
(d) Helen's sister.
4. For approximately how long does Racer yell at Jury in Chapter 7?
(a) 15 minutes.
(b) 60 minutes.
(c) 2 hours.
(d) 30 minutes.
5. Where does Jury spend a day with his cousin after he meets Helen?
(a) In New Jersey.
(b) In Newcastle.
(c) In New Binghamton.
(d) In New Hampshire.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jury think about Miss Hargreaves-Brown's accent?
2. Who is Mrs. Wasserman?
3. What does Jury believe to be the source of Mrs. Wasserman's anxiety?
4. What are the only things that get Mrs. Wasserman out of her house?
5. What is Melrose's last name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What triggers Maureen to wonder if something has happened to Helen?
2. What does Cullen say in his phone call to Jury at the end of Chapter 9?
3. What does Jury think of Mrs. Wasserman?
4. What does Jury think of his cousin's husband?
5. What keen observation of Helen does Jury make when they first meet?
6. How does Melrose respond to Lady Agatha's comment that he is an "unconfirmed bachelor"?
7. How does Racer interact with Cyril?
8. Who does Jury think Parmenger is in Part I?
9. What does Addie tell Jury the first time they meet at Bonaventure School?
10. How does Lady Agatha react to Melrose's giving up of his title?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)