|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Parmenger educated?
2. How does Helen treat her medical condition?
(a) With chemotherapy.
(b) With herbs and teas.
(c) With medicine.
(d) With accupressure.
3. What was found near Helen's body?
(a) Accupuncture needles.
(b) Her heart medication.
(d) A note from the killer.
4. For how long was Helen at a very expensive school?
(a) Only a year or two.
(b) For 6 years, just like her mother.
(c) Once she turned 16.
(d) Her whole life.
5. How does Lady Agatha describe Melrose?
(a) As the handsomest man she's ever seen.
(b) As a "lying cheat."
(c) As an "unconfirmed bachelor."
(d) As a "arrogant jerk."
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has Seaingham invited to his home in the novel?
2. Who is Father Rourke?
3. How does Helen seem when Jury first finds her?
4. What kinds of kids attend Bonaventure School?
5. What is Melrose's last name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Jury walks into the church as the novel opens?
2. What does Jury think of his cousin's husband?
3. How does Melrose react to how Ruthven addresses him?
4. What happens after Jury walks Helen home after first meeting her?
5. How does Jury respond to Cullen when Cullen asks him how long he has known Helen?
6. Why does Jury say to Helen about his difficulties dating?
7. What does Jury think of Mrs. Wasserman?
8. How does Vivian excuse the separation between her fiance and herself during the holiday season?
9. What does Nellie tell Jury when he comes to talk to her about Helen?
10. How does Lady Agatha react to Melrose's giving up of his title?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)