|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Cyril?
(a) Racer's cat.
(b) Racer's daughter.
(c) Racer's secretary.
(d) Racer's wife.
2. How much does Helen work?
(c) Every minute she can because she is trying to save money.
(d) Not at all.
3. Who is Ruthven?
(a) Melrose's brother.
(b) Melrose's son.
(c) A man whose life Melrose saved once.
(d) Melrose's assistant.
4. What kinds of kids attend Bonaventure School?
(a) Mostly orphans.
(b) All kinds of kids; it's a public school.
(c) Very wealthy kids.
(d) Very naughty kids.
5. How is Vivian described physically?
(a) As very pretty.
(b) As very tall.
(c) As very fat.
(d) All of these answers are correct.
Short Answer Questions
1. What famous artist will be at Seaingham's home for the holidays?
2. Who is Chief Superintendent Racer?
3. Who has painted the pointed that Jury finds in Helen's house?
4. How does Helen treat her medical condition?
5. What does Jury invite Helen to do shortly after they first meet?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Cullen say in his phone call to Jury at the end of Chapter 9?
2. How does Cyril interact with Racer?
3. Who discovers Helen's body?
4. What does Jury think of his cousin's husband?
5. What does Jury learn about the stone Helen was at when Jury first saw her?
6. What important information does Maureen give Jury about her time in school?
7. What does Father Rourke tell Jury about the research Helen was supposedly doing?
8. What happens when Jury walks into the church as the novel opens?
9. What happens during Racer's rant at Jury?
10. What does Addie tell Jury the first time they meet at Bonaventure School?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)