|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has Seaingham invited to his home in the novel?
(a) Some of the best detective minds he knows.
(b) Family only.
(c) No one; he is a recluse.
(d) Several writers and painters.
2. What does Jury think about Miss Hargreaves-Brown's accent?
(a) That it is very annoying.
(b) That it sounds really fake and like she's trying to impress him.
(c) That it is very sexy.
(d) That it seems out of place.
3. During his first visit to the Jerusalem Inn, who does Jury learn Helen once talked to there?
(b) Robbie Lyte.
(c) A scary man no one knew.
(d) Another woman.
4. Who is Maureen Littleton?
(a) Helen's housekeeper.
(b) Helen's sister.
(c) Helen's neighbor.
(d) A young woman Helen employed to help with finances.
5. What is Jury's first name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jury think about Cyril?
2. What is the name of Frederick Parmenger's father?
3. Where does Jury go after he leaves the church when the novel opens?
4. What is Melrose's last name?
5. What does Jury invite Helen to do shortly after they first meet?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Cyril interact with Racer?
2. What happens when Jury walks into the church as the novel opens?
3. What happens during Racer's rant at Jury?
4. What does Jury think of his cousin's husband?
5. What triggers Maureen to wonder if something has happened to Helen?
6. What important information does Maureen give Jury about her time in school?
7. What does Father Rourke tell Jury about the research Helen was supposedly doing?
8. Who discovers Helen's body?
9. Why does Melrose think he was invited to travel with Vivian?
10. How does Jury respond to Cullen when Cullen asks him how long he has known Helen?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)