|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Ruthven?
(a) Melrose's son.
(b) Melrose's assistant.
(c) A man whose life Melrose saved once.
(d) Melrose's brother.
2. Who discovered Helen's body?
(b) No one; it is never found.
3. What does Vivian do for a living?
(a) She is an artist.
(b) She is a dancer.
(c) She is a writer.
(d) She is a teacher.
4. Where does Racer work?
(a) No where; he is a private investigator.
(b) The London CIA office.
(c) Scotland Yard.
(d) The London FBI.
5. For how long was Helen at a very expensive school?
(a) Only a year or two.
(b) For 6 years, just like her mother.
(c) Once she turned 16.
(d) Her whole life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jury think about Miss Hargreaves-Brown's accent?
2. Who is Father Rourke?
3. What does Jury believe to be the source of Mrs. Wasserman's anxiety?
4. What did Helen's supposed father do with the family business dealings?
5. Who was Helen supposedly doing research on, according to Father Rourke?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Melrose think he was invited to travel with Vivian?
2. What important information does Maureen give Jury about her time in school?
3. How does Racer interact with Cyril?
4. Who discovers Helen's body?
5. What keen observation of Helen does Jury make when they first meet?
6. Why does Jury say to Helen about his difficulties dating?
7. How does Cyril interact with Racer?
8. What does Jury think of his cousin's husband?
9. How does Jury respond to Cullen when Cullen asks him how long he has known Helen?
10. How does Melrose react to how Ruthven addresses him?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)