|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mrs. Wasserman?
(a) Jury's neighbor.
(b) Jury's much-older sister.
(c) Jury's elderly grandmother.
(d) Jury's elderly auntie.
2. What does Jury invite Helen to do shortly after they first meet?
(a) Join him on a police ride.
(b) Go out for dinner later in the week.
(c) Go out on his yacht with him.
(d) Come shooting with him.
3. What does Jury buy for his cousin's children?
(a) Tons of stuffed animals.
(b) Gifts and shoes.
4. Why does Jury walk into a church when the novel first opens?
(a) He wants to go there to pray.
(b) Because he is disappointed that the pubs aren't open.
(c) He is getting married.
(d) He is chasing a suspect.
5. What is the name of Frederick Parmenger's father?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Chief Superintendent Racer?
2. What was found near Helen's body?
3. Where does Jury go after he leaves the church when the novel opens?
4. How did Helen keep her house?
5. What does Racer tell Jury about his request for a search warrant for Helen's home?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jury say to Helen about his difficulties dating?
2. What important information does Maureen give Jury about her time in school?
3. What happens when Jury walks into the church as the novel opens?
4. What triggers Maureen to wonder if something has happened to Helen?
5. What does Cullen say in his phone call to Jury at the end of Chapter 9?
6. How does Cyril interact with Racer?
7. What happens during Racer's rant at Jury?
8. What does Jury think of Mrs. Wasserman?
9. What does Addie tell Jury the first time they meet at Bonaventure School?
10. How does Racer interact with Cyril?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)