|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maureen suspect of the sibling relationship between Frederick and Helen?
(a) That they commited crimes together.
(b) That it was something more than that.
(c) That they orchestrated the deaths of Helen's parents.
(d) That they secretly hated each other.
2. What does Jury think about Cyril?
(a) That he should take him home with him.
(b) That he would like to date her.
(c) That she needs a new job.
(d) That she is a very patient woman.
3. Where was Parmenger educated?
4. Who is Ruthven?
(a) Melrose's assistant.
(b) A man whose life Melrose saved once.
(c) Melrose's son.
(d) Melrose's brother.
5. Where is Helen's body found?
(a) On the front porch.
(b) In the kitchen.
(c) On her bed.
(d) In her car in the garage.
Short Answer Questions
1. For how long was Helen at a very expensive school?
2. Who is in charge of investigating Helen's death?
3. What was found near Helen's body?
4. What does Jury finally realize Maureen hates talking about?
5. How is Vivian described physically?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Nellie tell Jury when he comes to talk to her about Helen?
2. Who does Jury think Parmenger is in Part I?
3. How does Cyril interact with Racer?
4. What keen observation of Helen does Jury make when they first meet?
5. How does Melrose react to how Ruthven addresses him?
6. What does Cullen say in his phone call to Jury at the end of Chapter 9?
7. How does Racer interact with Cyril?
8. What happens after Jury walks Helen home after first meeting her?
9. What does Jury learn about the stone Helen was at when Jury first saw her?
10. How does Vivian excuse the separation between her fiance and herself during the holiday season?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)