|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Racer yell at his secretary?
(a) She was late to work - again.
(b) She forgot to put cream in his coffee.
(c) He wants her to get a letter typed ASAP.
(d) He wants her to remove the cat from his office.
2. Who is Father Rourke?
(a) A priest.
(b) The mayor and founding father of the town Helen lived in.
(c) Jury's dad, who always insists on being addressed formally.
(d) Helen's father.
3. How does Ruthven refer to Melrose?
(a) "Your honor."
(b) "My lord."
4. What does Jury do back in Helen's home that he hopes will help with his investigation?
(a) Dust for fingerprints.
(b) Take a few of her personal items.
(c) Sleep there so he can "get a feel for what she was like."
(d) Take pictures.
5. According to Maureen, what happened to Helen's mother?
(a) She killed herself.
(b) She died of a "broken heart."
(c) She died in childbirth.
(d) She drowned.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Chief Superintendent Racer?
2. What does Jury admit to Helen when the first meet?
3. What does Cullen agree to do once he receives the autopsy reports about Helen?
4. Who was Helen supposedly doing research on, according to Father Rourke?
5. How much does Helen work?
Short Essay Questions
1. What triggers Maureen to wonder if something has happened to Helen?
2. What happens during Racer's rant at Jury?
3. What keen observation of Helen does Jury make when they first meet?
4. How does Lady Agatha react to Melrose's giving up of his title?
5. Why does Jury say to Helen about his difficulties dating?
6. How does Melrose respond to Lady Agatha's comment that he is an "unconfirmed bachelor"?
7. What does Father Rourke tell Jury about the research Helen was supposedly doing?
8. What happens after Jury walks Helen home after first meeting her?
9. What does Cullen say in his phone call to Jury at the end of Chapter 9?
10. How does Cyril interact with Racer?
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)