|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For how long does Charles predict his guests will be snowed in at his home?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Five days.
(c) One week.
(d) Three days.
2. What does Tommy think of his guardian?
(a) That she is very strict.
(b) That she is fantastic in every way possible.
(c) That she is very kind and loving but also can be mean sometimes.
(d) That she is a dumb as a post.
3. Who does Jury come to believe is Robbie's mother?
4. How does Jury decide Beatrice has been killed?
(a) She was shot.
(b) She was strangled.
(c) She was stabbed.
(d) She was poisoned.
5. Who thinks Grace was the intended target (instead of Beatrice)?
6. How do Tommy and Melrose decide to get to the Jerusalem Inn?
(a) By snowmobile.
(b) By walking.
(c) By ski or snowshoe.
(d) By stealing a car.
7. What does Melrose think of Beatrice?
(a) That she is hideously ugly.
(b) That she is neight ugly nor attractive.
(c) That she is attractive.
(d) That he cannot decide if she is ugly or not.
8. Who was Helen very interested in when she came to talk to Miss Dunsany?
(a) Miss Dunsany herself.
(b) A former teacher of Miss Dunsany.
(c) Miss Dunsany's mother.
(d) A former maid employed in the Dunsany household.
9. What do the other guests think of Beatrice's writing?
(a) That it is very intellectual.
(b) That it is very fancy.
(c) That it is kind of trashy.
(d) They don't know about it because she uses a pen name.
10. What problem with Grace does Jury want to solve?
(a) Who tried to kill her but killed Beatrice instead.
(b) Who she is having an affair with.
(c) Who is poisoning her.
(d) Who is sending her threatening messages.
11. What does Melrose watch at the Jerusalem Inn when he is shortly stranded there by a storm?
(a) Something suspicious going on in the back corner.
(b) A bar fight.
(c) A game of snooker.
(d) Just the people in general.
12. What does Melrose think of Grace Seaingham?
(a) All of these answers are correct.
(b) That she is an excellent hostess.
(c) That she is every bit the lady.
(d) That she is very elegant.
13. What meal do Grace and Jury share while discussing Beatrice's murder?
(a) None; this is a trick question.
14. What is the real relationship between Helen and Parmenger?
(a) They are adopted siblings.
(b) They are half-siblings.
(c) They are husband and wife.
(d) They are just friends.
15. Why does Tommy want to go to the Jerusalem Inn with Melrose in Chapter 14?
(a) Because he is feeling cooped up.
(b) Because he has something to talk to Melrose about privatelly.
(c) Because he wants to go out drinking.
(d) Because he wants to meet his girlfriend there.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Beatrice's murder and the questioning that follows, what time is the group finally allowed back to bed?
2. Whom does Wiggins talk to again to learn more about Helen?
3. Who promises to come get Melrose, Vivian, Agatha, and Ruthven when they are stranded at the Jerusalem Inn during a storm?
4. Why does Melrose claim he hasn't heard of Helen's death?
5. How does Charles react when asked about Helen's murder?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)