|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which members of the group greatly admire William McQuade?
(a) Vivian and Charles.
(b) Vivian and Jury.
(c) Only Vivian, because no one else has seen his movies.
(d) Vivian and Melrose.
2. Whom does Cullen arrive with at Beatrice's murder scene?
(c) No one.
3. Why is Robbie Lyte returned to Bonaventure?
(a) Because he was impossible to control.
(b) Because he loved it there so much.
(c) Because he breaks into a bank and robs it.
(d) Because his mother died.
4. What time does Jury wake up Melrose the morning after Beatrice's murder?
(a) Shortly after 7.
(b) Shortly after 9.
(c) Shortly after 10.
(d) Shortly after 8.
5. How tall is Jury?
6. What does Melrose think of Beatrice?
(a) That she is neight ugly nor attractive.
(b) That he cannot decide if she is ugly or not.
(c) That she is hideously ugly.
(d) That she is attractive.
7. Whom does Wiggins talk to again to learn more about Helen?
8. How does Jury get to the mansion after Tom and Melrose sneak out?
(a) By skiing with Tom and Melrose.
(b) By snowshoeing with Tom and Melrose.
(c) By hitchiking.
(d) By car.
9. Who is Mrs. Krimp?
(a) A housekeeper at the Margate Hotel.
(b) A guest at the Margate Hotel.
(c) A waitress at the Margate Hotel.
(d) The owner of the Margate Hotel.
10. What forces Danielle into service as a maid?
(a) She is in an accident.
(b) She has an affair with her old boss, who fires her.
(c) Her husband ran off with the money she had saved.
(d) She knows too much about the royalty.
11. Who is playing music when the guests arrive at Seaingham?
(c) A famous pianist.
(d) Tommy Whittaker.
12. What is St. Leger so concerned about that happened the night before Beatrice's murder?
(a) That someone tried to poison her own drink.
(b) That she heard people yelling but didn't investigate to see who or why.
(c) That Tom was out on skis so late at night.
(d) That she got into a fight with Beatrice.
13. Who tells Cullen that Charles was having an affair with Beatrice?
(d) Charles himself.
14. How does Jury decide Beatrice has been killed?
(a) She was poisoned.
(b) She was stabbed.
(c) She was shot.
(d) She was strangled.
15. What does Beatrice do for a living?
(a) Write fiction.
(b) Write movies.
(c) Write poetry.
(d) Write romance.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jury find Isobel Dunsany?
2. For how long does Charles predict his guests will be snowed in at his home?
3. Where is Beatrice's body found?
4. What is Spinney Abbey?
5. What kind of storm interferes with several characters' plans to get to Charles Seaingham's home?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)