|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wins the snooker tournament Tom plays after sneaking out with Melrose?
(d) The other person.
2. Who admits to having knowledge of poisons?
(b) Sir George.
3. Why does Jury want to go to the Jerusalem Inn the morning after Beatrice's murder?
(a) He wants to talk to Robbie.
(b) He has heard they make a great breakfast.
(c) He wants a drink.
(d) He doesn't trust the food at the mansion.
4. What forces Danielle into service as a maid?
(a) She has an affair with her old boss, who fires her.
(b) Her husband ran off with the money she had saved.
(c) She is in an accident.
(d) She knows too much about the royalty.
5. What secret did Helen tell Miss Hargreaves-Brown first?
(a) That she used to sneak out of the school at night.
(b) That she was adopted.
(c) That she was pregnant.
(d) That she was having an affair.
6. How much older than Susan Assington is her husband?
(a) Only one day.
(b) 30 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 20 years.
7. After Beatrice's body is found, whom does Jury request go with him to the study?
8. Why does Tom play snooker with Robbie?
(a) There is no one else who knows how to play snooker.
(b) He thinks they might be brothers.
(c) He wants to get information with him.
(d) Robbie is the last person Tom has to beat before he can be champion.
9. What is Miss Hargreaves-Brown's real name?
(a) Annie Brown.
(b) Amalia Brown.
(c) Amy Brown.
(d) Amanda Brown.
10. What does someone believe is the only vehicle that can rescue Melrose, Vivian, Agatha, and Ruthven when they are stranded at the Jerusalem Inn?
(a) A horse and sleigh.
(b) A Land Rover.
(c) A Hummer.
(d) A tank.
11. How does Jury decide Beatrice has been killed?
(a) She was shot.
(b) She was strangled.
(c) She was stabbed.
(d) She was poisoned.
12. What is St. Leger so concerned about that happened the night before Beatrice's murder?
(a) That she heard people yelling but didn't investigate to see who or why.
(b) That she got into a fight with Beatrice.
(c) That Tom was out on skis so late at night.
(d) That someone tried to poison her own drink.
13. What does Wiggins learn is the real reason why Helen was taken out of school?
(a) Because she was too smart for her own good.
(b) Because she got in trouble too much.
(c) Because her father couldn't pay the bills.
(d) Because she was pregnant.
14. Who does Jury come to believe is Robbie's mother?
15. Which three characters run into each other unexpectedly during a game of snooker at the Jerusalem Inn?
(a) Chalres, Jury, and Melrose.
(b) Vivian, Charles, and Jury.
(c) Melrose, Tommy, and Charles.
(d) Tommy, Melrose, and Jury.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who suggests Melrose, Vivian, Agatha, and Ruthven could get a room at the Jerusalem Inn when it appears they are stranded from the storm?
2. What kind of alcohol does Mrs. Krimp reluctantly provide for the guests at the Margate Hotel?
3. How does Jury get to the mansion after Tom and Melrose sneak out?
4. What does Grace say when questioned about her husband's affair?
5. How long do the guests think it will take for the police to arrive to Beatrice's murder scene?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)