|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Melrose claim he hasn't heard of Helen's death?
(a) Because no one believes she is really dead.
(b) Because of the storm.
(c) Because he hasn't checked his email in forever.
(d) Because his boss is a jerk and forgot to tell him.
2. Where do Jury and Wiggins meet up after Beatrice's murder?
(a) The London train station.
(b) The Jerusalem Inn.
(c) The Newcastle train station.
(d) The New Binghamton train station.
3. How does Jury decide Beatrice has been killed?
(a) She was strangled.
(b) She was stabbed.
(c) She was poisoned.
(d) She was shot.
4. Who tells Cullen that Charles was having an affair with Beatrice?
(b) Charles himself.
5. Where is Beatrice's body found?
(a) Right inside the mansion gates.
(b) In the kitchen.
(c) In the basement.
(d) In the car.
6. Who is Sir George Assington?
(a) All of these answers are correct.
(b) Grace's physician.
(c) Grace's husband.
(d) Grace's secret lover.
7. What weapon does Jury decide Beatrice is killed with?
(a) A rope.
(b) A shotgun.
(c) A kitchen knife.
(d) Rat poison.
8. Why does Tommy want to go to the Jerusalem Inn with Melrose in Chapter 14?
(a) Because he wants to meet his girlfriend there.
(b) Because he wants to go out drinking.
(c) Because he is feeling cooped up.
(d) Because he has something to talk to Melrose about privatelly.
9. What does Grace say when questioned about her husband's affair?
(a) That she is outrageously angry and could kill someone over it.
(b) That she knew about it.
(c) That she had some idea but wasn't sure about it.
(d) That she had no idea about it.
10. For how long does Charles predict his guests will be snowed in at his home?
(a) Three days.
(b) Five days.
(c) One week.
(d) Two weeks.
11. Who admits to having knowledge of poisons?
(a) Sir George.
12. What do the other guests think of Beatrice's writing?
(a) They don't know about it because she uses a pen name.
(b) That it is very fancy.
(c) That it is kind of trashy.
(d) That it is very intellectual.
13. Who wins the snooker tournament Tom plays after sneaking out with Melrose?
(b) The other person.
14. What does Jury ask Vivian when he is questioning her about Beatrice's murder?
(a) Why she isn't married.
(b) If they can go out sometime.
(c) Who she thinks might be guilty of the crime.
(d) Why she is so mean to him all of the time.
15. What kind of alcohol does Mrs. Krimp reluctantly provide for the guests at the Margate Hotel?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Wiggins talk to again to learn more about Helen?
2. Who does Jury come to believe is Robbie's mother?
3. What does someone believe is the only vehicle that can rescue Melrose, Vivian, Agatha, and Ruthven when they are stranded at the Jerusalem Inn?
4. After Beatrice's body is found, whom does Jury request go with him to the study?
5. How does Tom discover the body at the mansion?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)