|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the other guests think of Beatrice's writing?
(a) They don't know about it because she uses a pen name.
(b) That it is kind of trashy.
(c) That it is very fancy.
(d) That it is very intellectual.
2. Why does Jury want to go to the Jerusalem Inn the morning after Beatrice's murder?
(a) He has heard they make a great breakfast.
(b) He wants a drink.
(c) He wants to talk to Robbie.
(d) He doesn't trust the food at the mansion.
3. What does Wiggins learn is the real reason why Helen was taken out of school?
(a) Because her father couldn't pay the bills.
(b) Because she was too smart for her own good.
(c) Because she got in trouble too much.
(d) Because she was pregnant.
4. What meal do Grace and Jury share while discussing Beatrice's murder?
(c) None; this is a trick question.
5. What is Grace wearing when she comes to the murder scene?
(a) Her nightclothes.
(b) Hiking gear.
(c) Nothing but a towel.
(d) A very fancy ballgown.
6. What time does Jury wake up Melrose the morning after Beatrice's murder?
(a) Shortly after 7.
(b) Shortly after 10.
(c) Shortly after 9.
(d) Shortly after 8.
7. Who promises to come get Melrose, Vivian, Agatha, and Ruthven when they are stranded at the Jerusalem Inn during a storm?
(a) The local police.
(b) Charles Seaingham.
(c) Mrs. Seaingham.
8. What is Spinney Abbey?
(a) The name of the town where Grace Seaingham is from.
(b) The name of the city where Charles Seaingham lives.
(c) Nothing; this is a trick question.
(d) The Seaingham mansion.
9. What does Jury do in the Margate Hotel that causes someone else to get upset?
(a) Make a lot of noise.
(b) Get too drunk.
(c) Light a fire.
(d) Demand to be given free accommodations because he is a police officer.
10. After Beatrice's murder and the questioning that follows, what time is the group finally allowed back to bed?
(a) Eleven in the morning.
(c) Five in the morning.
(d) Two in the morning.
11. Where do Jury and Wiggins meet up after Beatrice's murder?
(a) The Newcastle train station.
(b) The New Binghamton train station.
(c) The London train station.
(d) The Jerusalem Inn.
12. Who thinks Grace was the intended target (instead of Beatrice)?
13. How long do the guests think it will take for the police to arrive to Beatrice's murder scene?
(a) This is a trick question; the police are there when she is murdered.
(d) Just a few minutes.
14. How does Charles react when asked about Helen's murder?
(a) His hands start shaking.
(b) He becomes very nervous.
(c) He faints.
(d) He becomes very angry.
15. Where is Beatrice's body found?
(a) In the kitchen.
(b) In the basement.
(c) Right inside the mansion gates.
(d) In the car.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is playing music when the guests arrive at Seaingham?
2. What is the real relationship between Helen and Parmenger?
3. Whom does Cullen arrive with at Beatrice's murder scene?
4. For how long does Charles predict his guests will be snowed in at his home?
5. What does Melrose think of Grace Seaingham?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)