|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mrs. Krimp?
(a) A guest at the Margate Hotel.
(b) The owner of the Margate Hotel.
(c) A housekeeper at the Margate Hotel.
(d) A waitress at the Margate Hotel.
2. What has apparently happened to Tommy's parents?
(a) They abandoned the baby on Beatrice's doorstep.
(b) They were murdered.
(c) They died.
(d) They abandoned the baby on the Seaingham doorstep.
3. What is St. Leger so concerned about that happened the night before Beatrice's murder?
(a) That she heard people yelling but didn't investigate to see who or why.
(b) That she got into a fight with Beatrice.
(c) That Tom was out on skis so late at night.
(d) That someone tried to poison her own drink.
4. Where does Jury find Isobel Dunsany?
(a) At a run-down hotel.
(b) On his doorstep; she has come to talk to him.
(c) At her favorite pub.
(d) In the town chuch.
5. Why does Tommy want to go to the Jerusalem Inn with Melrose in Chapter 14?
(a) Because he is feeling cooped up.
(b) Because he wants to meet his girlfriend there.
(c) Because he wants to go out drinking.
(d) Because he has something to talk to Melrose about privatelly.
6. What does Melrose watch at the Jerusalem Inn when he is shortly stranded there by a storm?
(a) Something suspicious going on in the back corner.
(b) A game of snooker.
(c) A bar fight.
(d) Just the people in general.
7. Which members of the group greatly admire William McQuade?
(a) Only Vivian, because no one else has seen his movies.
(b) Vivian and Charles.
(c) Vivian and Melrose.
(d) Vivian and Jury.
8. What weapon does Jury decide Beatrice is killed with?
(a) Rat poison.
(b) A kitchen knife.
(c) A rope.
(d) A shotgun.
9. How long do the guests think it will take for the police to arrive to Beatrice's murder scene?
(a) This is a trick question; the police are there when she is murdered.
(b) Just a few minutes.
10. Who promises to come get Melrose, Vivian, Agatha, and Ruthven when they are stranded at the Jerusalem Inn during a storm?
(a) Charles Seaingham.
(b) Mrs. Seaingham.
(c) The local police.
11. What is Spinney Abbey?
(a) The name of the city where Charles Seaingham lives.
(b) The name of the town where Grace Seaingham is from.
(c) Nothing; this is a trick question.
(d) The Seaingham mansion.
12. Who was Helen very interested in when she came to talk to Miss Dunsany?
(a) A former maid employed in the Dunsany household.
(b) A former teacher of Miss Dunsany.
(c) Miss Dunsany's mother.
(d) Miss Dunsany herself.
13. What is Frederick charges with doing while he is at Spinney Abbey?
(a) Painting a portrait of Grace.
(b) Painting a portrait of Charles.
(c) Paintaing a portrait of Grace and Charles's fancy estate.
(d) Painting a portrait of Grace and Charles together.
14. How do Tommy and Melrose decide to get to the Jerusalem Inn?
(a) By walking.
(b) By stealing a car.
(c) By ski or snowshoe.
(d) By snowmobile.
15. Where is Beatrice's body found?
(a) Right inside the mansion gates.
(b) In the basement.
(c) In the car.
(d) In the kitchen.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jury get to the mansion after Tom and Melrose sneak out?
2. Which three characters run into each other unexpectedly during a game of snooker at the Jerusalem Inn?
3. What is Melrose's impression of Susan Assington?
4. Why does Tom play snooker with Robbie?
5. What does Jury do in the Margate Hotel that causes someone else to get upset?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)