|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is most relieved to learn that Tom isn't a suspect in Beatrice's murder?
(c) St. Leger.
(d) Tom himself.
2. What does Melrose think of Grace Seaingham?
(a) That she is very elegant.
(b) That she is every bit the lady.
(c) All of these answers are correct.
(d) That she is an excellent hostess.
3. Why does Jury want to go to the Jerusalem Inn the morning after Beatrice's murder?
(a) He has heard they make a great breakfast.
(b) He doesn't trust the food at the mansion.
(c) He wants to talk to Robbie.
(d) He wants a drink.
4. What is Melrose's impression of Susan Assington?
(a) That she is the likely murderer.
(b) That she is very, very snobby.
(c) That she is not very bright.
(d) That she is hiding something.
5. Why does Tommy want to go to the Jerusalem Inn with Melrose in Chapter 14?
(a) Because he wants to go out drinking.
(b) Because he has something to talk to Melrose about privatelly.
(c) Because he wants to meet his girlfriend there.
(d) Because he is feeling cooped up.
6. Which members of the group greatly admire William McQuade?
(a) Vivian and Melrose.
(b) Vivian and Jury.
(c) Vivian and Charles.
(d) Only Vivian, because no one else has seen his movies.
7. Why is Robbie Lyte returned to Bonaventure?
(a) Because he breaks into a bank and robs it.
(b) Because he loved it there so much.
(c) Because his mother died.
(d) Because he was impossible to control.
8. Who tells Cullen that Charles was having an affair with Beatrice?
(b) Charles himself.
9. What does Beatrice do for a living?
(a) Write movies.
(b) Write poetry.
(c) Write fiction.
(d) Write romance.
10. How does Jury react to learning that Melrose is in the area when he arrives at the Jerusalem Inn?
(a) He is glad because they have worked together before.
(b) He is angry because he is creeping in on his case.
(c) He is sad because they used to be good friends.
(d) He is jealous because Melrose is dating Jury's old girlfriend.
11. How tall is Jury?
12. What kind of storm interferes with several characters' plans to get to Charles Seaingham's home?
(a) A dust storm.
(b) A heavy hailstorm.
(c) A blinding rain.
(d) A blizzard.
13. What is the real relationship between Helen and Parmenger?
(a) They are just friends.
(b) They are half-siblings.
(c) They are adopted siblings.
(d) They are husband and wife.
14. What does Jury ask Vivian when he is questioning her about Beatrice's murder?
(a) Who she thinks might be guilty of the crime.
(b) Why she is so mean to him all of the time.
(c) Why she isn't married.
(d) If they can go out sometime.
15. Where does Jury find Isobel Dunsany?
(a) At a run-down hotel.
(b) At her favorite pub.
(c) In the town chuch.
(d) On his doorstep; she has come to talk to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Beatrice's body is found, whom does Jury request go with him to the study?
2. What is Spinney Abbey?
3. Whom does Wiggins talk to again to learn more about Helen?
4. Who is Mrs. Krimp?
5. Who is playing music when the guests arrive at Seaingham?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)