|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the other guests think of Beatrice's writing?
(a) That it is kind of trashy.
(b) That it is very intellectual.
(c) That it is very fancy.
(d) They don't know about it because she uses a pen name.
2. Whom does Wiggins talk to again to learn more about Helen?
3. What does William McQuade do for a living?
(a) He is a plumber.
(b) He is a writer.
(c) He is a painter.
(d) He is a famous actor.
4. What problem with Grace does Jury want to solve?
(a) Who is sending her threatening messages.
(b) Who is poisoning her.
(c) Who she is having an affair with.
(d) Who tried to kill her but killed Beatrice instead.
5. What has apparently happened to Tommy's parents?
(a) They were murdered.
(b) They abandoned the baby on the Seaingham doorstep.
(c) They died.
(d) They abandoned the baby on Beatrice's doorstep.
6. What is the real relationship between Helen and Parmenger?
(a) They are husband and wife.
(b) They are adopted siblings.
(c) They are just friends.
(d) They are half-siblings.
7. Who promises to come get Melrose, Vivian, Agatha, and Ruthven when they are stranded at the Jerusalem Inn during a storm?
(a) Charles Seaingham.
(b) The local police.
(d) Mrs. Seaingham.
8. Who is playing music when the guests arrive at Seaingham?
(b) Tommy Whittaker.
(d) A famous pianist.
9. What does someone believe is the only vehicle that can rescue Melrose, Vivian, Agatha, and Ruthven when they are stranded at the Jerusalem Inn?
(a) A Hummer.
(b) A Land Rover.
(c) A tank.
(d) A horse and sleigh.
10. Who admits to having knowledge of poisons?
(d) Sir George.
11. What is St. Leger so concerned about that happened the night before Beatrice's murder?
(a) That someone tried to poison her own drink.
(b) That Tom was out on skis so late at night.
(c) That she got into a fight with Beatrice.
(d) That she heard people yelling but didn't investigate to see who or why.
12. Why does Tommy want to go to the Jerusalem Inn with Melrose in Chapter 14?
(a) Because he wants to go out drinking.
(b) Because he is feeling cooped up.
(c) Because he has something to talk to Melrose about privatelly.
(d) Because he wants to meet his girlfriend there.
13. Why is Robbie Lyte returned to Bonaventure?
(a) Because he breaks into a bank and robs it.
(b) Because his mother died.
(c) Because he was impossible to control.
(d) Because he loved it there so much.
14. Where is Beatrice's body found?
(a) Right inside the mansion gates.
(b) In the basement.
(c) In the car.
(d) In the kitchen.
15. How do Tommy and Melrose decide to get to the Jerusalem Inn?
(a) By ski or snowshoe.
(b) By snowmobile.
(c) By walking.
(d) By stealing a car.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Melrose think of Grace Seaingham?
2. Who does Jury come to believe is Robbie's mother?
3. What secret does Jury confess to Grace that he knows about her?
4. Where does Jury find Isobel Dunsany?
5. Who wins the snooker tournament Tom plays after sneaking out with Melrose?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)