|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has apparently happened to Tommy's parents?
(a) They abandoned the baby on the Seaingham doorstep.
(b) They were murdered.
(c) They died.
(d) They abandoned the baby on Beatrice's doorstep.
2. What is Frederick charges with doing while he is at Spinney Abbey?
(a) Painting a portrait of Grace.
(b) Painting a portrait of Grace and Charles together.
(c) Painting a portrait of Charles.
(d) Paintaing a portrait of Grace and Charles's fancy estate.
3. After Beatrice's murder and the questioning that follows, what time is the group finally allowed back to bed?
(a) Five in the morning.
(c) Eleven in the morning.
(d) Two in the morning.
4. What does Melrose think of Beatrice?
(a) That she is attractive.
(b) That he cannot decide if she is ugly or not.
(c) That she is neight ugly nor attractive.
(d) That she is hideously ugly.
5. What does Jury do in the Margate Hotel that causes someone else to get upset?
(a) Make a lot of noise.
(b) Demand to be given free accommodations because he is a police officer.
(c) Light a fire.
(d) Get too drunk.
6. What is Grace wearing when she comes to the murder scene?
(a) A very fancy ballgown.
(b) Her nightclothes.
(c) Nothing but a towel.
(d) Hiking gear.
7. What does Jury ask Vivian when he is questioning her about Beatrice's murder?
(a) Who she thinks might be guilty of the crime.
(b) If they can go out sometime.
(c) Why she is so mean to him all of the time.
(d) Why she isn't married.
8. What is St. Leger so concerned about that happened the night before Beatrice's murder?
(a) That she heard people yelling but didn't investigate to see who or why.
(b) That Tom was out on skis so late at night.
(c) That someone tried to poison her own drink.
(d) That she got into a fight with Beatrice.
9. How tall is Jury?
10. Which three characters run into each other unexpectedly during a game of snooker at the Jerusalem Inn?
(a) Melrose, Tommy, and Charles.
(b) Vivian, Charles, and Jury.
(c) Tommy, Melrose, and Jury.
(d) Chalres, Jury, and Melrose.
11. Which members of the group greatly admire William McQuade?
(a) Vivian and Jury.
(b) Only Vivian, because no one else has seen his movies.
(c) Vivian and Charles.
(d) Vivian and Melrose.
12. What is Spinney Abbey?
(a) The Seaingham mansion.
(b) The name of the town where Grace Seaingham is from.
(c) The name of the city where Charles Seaingham lives.
(d) Nothing; this is a trick question.
13. Why does Melrose claim he hasn't heard of Helen's death?
(a) Because his boss is a jerk and forgot to tell him.
(b) Because of the storm.
(c) Because he hasn't checked his email in forever.
(d) Because no one believes she is really dead.
14. How much older than Susan Assington is her husband?
(a) 30 years.
(b) Only one day.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 20 years.
15. What does Beatrice do for a living?
(a) Write poetry.
(b) Write romance.
(c) Write movies.
(d) Write fiction.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Cullen arrive with at Beatrice's murder scene?
2. What is the real relationship between Helen and Parmenger?
3. How does Jury decide Beatrice has been killed?
4. Where is Beatrice's body found?
5. For how long does Charles predict his guests will be snowed in at his home?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)