|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Melrose think of Grace Seaingham?
(a) All of these answers are correct.
(b) That she is every bit the lady.
(c) That she is very elegant.
(d) That she is an excellent hostess.
2. Where is Beatrice's body found?
(a) In the kitchen.
(b) Right inside the mansion gates.
(c) In the car.
(d) In the basement.
3. Why does Melrose claim he hasn't heard of Helen's death?
(a) Because no one believes she is really dead.
(b) Because he hasn't checked his email in forever.
(c) Because of the storm.
(d) Because his boss is a jerk and forgot to tell him.
4. How tall is Jury?
5. For how long does Charles predict his guests will be snowed in at his home?
(a) Three days.
(b) Five days.
(c) One week.
(d) Two weeks.
6. After Beatrice's body is found, whom does Jury request go with him to the study?
7. Who is Sir George Assington?
(a) Grace's physician.
(b) All of these answers are correct.
(c) Grace's husband.
(d) Grace's secret lover.
8. Why does Jury want to go to the Jerusalem Inn the morning after Beatrice's murder?
(a) He wants to talk to Robbie.
(b) He has heard they make a great breakfast.
(c) He wants a drink.
(d) He doesn't trust the food at the mansion.
9. What forces Danielle into service as a maid?
(a) Her husband ran off with the money she had saved.
(b) She knows too much about the royalty.
(c) She has an affair with her old boss, who fires her.
(d) She is in an accident.
10. Where does Jury find Isobel Dunsany?
(a) At her favorite pub.
(b) At a run-down hotel.
(c) In the town chuch.
(d) On his doorstep; she has come to talk to him.
11. Who wins the snooker tournament Tom plays after sneaking out with Melrose?
(d) The other person.
12. Who suggests Melrose, Vivian, Agatha, and Ruthven could get a room at the Jerusalem Inn when it appears they are stranded from the storm?
13. Who is Lady St. Leger in charge of?
(c) Some children whose names the reader never learns.
14. What has apparently happened to Tommy's parents?
(a) They were murdered.
(b) They died.
(c) They abandoned the baby on the Seaingham doorstep.
(d) They abandoned the baby on Beatrice's doorstep.
15. What does William McQuade do for a living?
(a) He is a famous actor.
(b) He is a writer.
(c) He is a painter.
(d) He is a plumber.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of case does Jury question Sir George about?
2. What does Melrose watch at the Jerusalem Inn when he is shortly stranded there by a storm?
3. What problem with Grace does Jury want to solve?
4. Who admits to having knowledge of poisons?
5. Who does Jury come to believe is Robbie's mother?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)