|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jury want to go to the Jerusalem Inn the morning after Beatrice's murder?
(a) He doesn't trust the food at the mansion.
(b) He wants a drink.
(c) He has heard they make a great breakfast.
(d) He wants to talk to Robbie.
2. What does Wiggins learn is the real reason why Helen was taken out of school?
(a) Because she got in trouble too much.
(b) Because she was pregnant.
(c) Because she was too smart for her own good.
(d) Because her father couldn't pay the bills.
3. What weapon does Jury decide Beatrice is killed with?
(a) A kitchen knife.
(b) Rat poison.
(c) A rope.
(d) A shotgun.
4. Who is Mrs. Krimp?
(a) A waitress at the Margate Hotel.
(b) A housekeeper at the Margate Hotel.
(c) A guest at the Margate Hotel.
(d) The owner of the Margate Hotel.
5. What secret does Jury confess to Grace that he knows about her?
(a) That she is a fugitive.
(b) That she is having an affair.
(c) That she is pregnant.
(d) That she is ill.
6. What is Grace wearing when she comes to the murder scene?
(a) Nothing but a towel.
(b) A very fancy ballgown.
(c) Hiking gear.
(d) Her nightclothes.
7. After Beatrice's body is found, whom does Jury request go with him to the study?
8. What kind of case does Jury question Sir George about?
(a) An old case where a physician poisoned his patient.
(b) An old case where a husband killed his wife's boyfriend.
(c) An old case where a physician shot his patient.
(d) An old case where a husband poisoned his wife.
9. What does Jury do in the Margate Hotel that causes someone else to get upset?
(a) Light a fire.
(b) Demand to be given free accommodations because he is a police officer.
(c) Make a lot of noise.
(d) Get too drunk.
10. Who promises to come get Melrose, Vivian, Agatha, and Ruthven when they are stranded at the Jerusalem Inn during a storm?
(a) Charles Seaingham.
(c) The local police.
(d) Mrs. Seaingham.
11. Why does Tom play snooker with Robbie?
(a) Robbie is the last person Tom has to beat before he can be champion.
(b) There is no one else who knows how to play snooker.
(c) He thinks they might be brothers.
(d) He wants to get information with him.
12. What does Melrose think of Beatrice?
(a) That she is attractive.
(b) That she is neight ugly nor attractive.
(c) That she is hideously ugly.
(d) That he cannot decide if she is ugly or not.
13. Why does Melrose claim he hasn't heard of Helen's death?
(a) Because he hasn't checked his email in forever.
(b) Because his boss is a jerk and forgot to tell him.
(c) Because of the storm.
(d) Because no one believes she is really dead.
14. Who thinks Grace was the intended target (instead of Beatrice)?
15. What has apparently happened to Tommy's parents?
(a) They died.
(b) They abandoned the baby on Beatrice's doorstep.
(c) They abandoned the baby on the Seaingham doorstep.
(d) They were murdered.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of storm interferes with several characters' plans to get to Charles Seaingham's home?
2. Which members of the group greatly admire William McQuade?
3. What is Miss Hargreaves-Brown's real name?
4. Why is Robbie Lyte returned to Bonaventure?
5. What does Melrose think of Grace Seaingham?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)