|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is horrified at the thought of Melrose, Vivian, Agatha, and Ruthven getting a room at the Jerusalem Inn when it appears they are stranded from the storm?
2. How tall is Jury?
3. What is the real relationship between Helen and Parmenger?
(a) They are just friends.
(b) They are adopted siblings.
(c) They are husband and wife.
(d) They are half-siblings.
4. Who tells Cullen that Charles was having an affair with Beatrice?
(c) Charles himself.
5. What does Melrose think of Grace Seaingham?
(a) All of these answers are correct.
(b) That she is every bit the lady.
(c) That she is very elegant.
(d) That she is an excellent hostess.
6. What does Jury do in the Margate Hotel that causes someone else to get upset?
(a) Light a fire.
(b) Demand to be given free accommodations because he is a police officer.
(c) Make a lot of noise.
(d) Get too drunk.
7. How does Jury get to the mansion after Tom and Melrose sneak out?
(a) By snowshoeing with Tom and Melrose.
(b) By skiing with Tom and Melrose.
(c) By car.
(d) By hitchiking.
8. How long do the guests think it will take for the police to arrive to Beatrice's murder scene?
(a) This is a trick question; the police are there when she is murdered.
(c) Just a few minutes.
9. What does William McQuade do for a living?
(a) He is a famous actor.
(b) He is a writer.
(c) He is a plumber.
(d) He is a painter.
10. What do the other guests think of Beatrice's writing?
(a) That it is very fancy.
(b) That it is very intellectual.
(c) They don't know about it because she uses a pen name.
(d) That it is kind of trashy.
11. What does Beatrice do for a living?
(a) Write movies.
(b) Write poetry.
(c) Write romance.
(d) Write fiction.
12. Which members of the group greatly admire William McQuade?
(a) Only Vivian, because no one else has seen his movies.
(b) Vivian and Charles.
(c) Vivian and Melrose.
(d) Vivian and Jury.
13. Which three characters run into each other unexpectedly during a game of snooker at the Jerusalem Inn?
(a) Melrose, Tommy, and Charles.
(b) Vivian, Charles, and Jury.
(c) Tommy, Melrose, and Jury.
(d) Chalres, Jury, and Melrose.
14. What does Wiggins learn is the real reason why Helen was taken out of school?
(a) Because she was pregnant.
(b) Because her father couldn't pay the bills.
(c) Because she was too smart for her own good.
(d) Because she got in trouble too much.
15. Who is George?
(a) A famous artist visiting the Seaingham house.
(b) Susan Assington's personal physician.
(c) Susan Assington's son.
(d) A neighbor of Seaingham who no one else really likes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wins the snooker tournament Tom plays after sneaking out with Melrose?
2. How does Jury decide Beatrice has been killed?
3. Who has invited Frederick to Spinney Abbey?
4. Who is Lady St. Leger in charge of?
5. For how long does Charles predict his guests will be snowed in at his home?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)