|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mrs. Krimp?
(a) A waitress at the Margate Hotel.
(b) A guest at the Margate Hotel.
(c) The owner of the Margate Hotel.
(d) A housekeeper at the Margate Hotel.
2. What does Jury do in the Margate Hotel that causes someone else to get upset?
(a) Demand to be given free accommodations because he is a police officer.
(b) Make a lot of noise.
(c) Get too drunk.
(d) Light a fire.
3. What does William McQuade do for a living?
(a) He is a famous actor.
(b) He is a writer.
(c) He is a painter.
(d) He is a plumber.
4. What does Melrose watch at the Jerusalem Inn when he is shortly stranded there by a storm?
(a) A game of snooker.
(b) Just the people in general.
(c) A bar fight.
(d) Something suspicious going on in the back corner.
5. What meal do Grace and Jury share while discussing Beatrice's murder?
(b) None; this is a trick question.
6. Whom does Cullen arrive with at Beatrice's murder scene?
(d) No one.
7. How tall is Jury?
8. What does Grace say when questioned about her husband's affair?
(a) That she is outrageously angry and could kill someone over it.
(b) That she knew about it.
(c) That she had no idea about it.
(d) That she had some idea but wasn't sure about it.
9. After Beatrice's murder and the questioning that follows, what time is the group finally allowed back to bed?
(a) Five in the morning.
(b) Eleven in the morning.
(c) Two in the morning.
10. Why does Jury want to go to the Jerusalem Inn the morning after Beatrice's murder?
(a) He doesn't trust the food at the mansion.
(b) He wants a drink.
(c) He wants to talk to Robbie.
(d) He has heard they make a great breakfast.
11. What does Melrose think of Beatrice?
(a) That she is neight ugly nor attractive.
(b) That she is hideously ugly.
(c) That she is attractive.
(d) That he cannot decide if she is ugly or not.
12. What forces Danielle into service as a maid?
(a) She is in an accident.
(b) Her husband ran off with the money she had saved.
(c) She has an affair with her old boss, who fires her.
(d) She knows too much about the royalty.
13. What does Tommy think of his guardian?
(a) That she is very strict.
(b) That she is a dumb as a post.
(c) That she is very kind and loving but also can be mean sometimes.
(d) That she is fantastic in every way possible.
14. Who is Sir George Assington?
(a) Grace's physician.
(b) Grace's secret lover.
(c) Grace's husband.
(d) All of these answers are correct.
15. What is Grace wearing when she comes to the murder scene?
(a) Hiking gear.
(b) Her nightclothes.
(c) Nothing but a towel.
(d) A very fancy ballgown.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long do the guests think it will take for the police to arrive to Beatrice's murder scene?
2. What do the other guests think of Beatrice's writing?
3. Why is Robbie Lyte returned to Bonaventure?
4. Who admits to having knowledge of poisons?
5. After Beatrice's body is found, whom does Jury request go with him to the study?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)