|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much older than Susan Assington is her husband?
(a) 20 years.
(b) Only one day.
(c) 30 years.
(d) 10 years.
2. Where do Jury and Wiggins meet up after Beatrice's murder?
(a) The London train station.
(b) The Newcastle train station.
(c) The Jerusalem Inn.
(d) The New Binghamton train station.
3. Who is horrified at the thought of Melrose, Vivian, Agatha, and Ruthven getting a room at the Jerusalem Inn when it appears they are stranded from the storm?
4. Who tells Cullen that Charles was having an affair with Beatrice?
(c) Charles himself.
5. Which three characters run into each other unexpectedly during a game of snooker at the Jerusalem Inn?
(a) Chalres, Jury, and Melrose.
(b) Melrose, Tommy, and Charles.
(c) Vivian, Charles, and Jury.
(d) Tommy, Melrose, and Jury.
6. What time does Jury wake up Melrose the morning after Beatrice's murder?
(a) Shortly after 9.
(b) Shortly after 7.
(c) Shortly after 10.
(d) Shortly after 8.
7. Whom does Wiggins talk to again to learn more about Helen?
8. Who adopted Helen's child?
(c) Charles and Grace Seaingham.
(d) Danielle and Robin Lyte.
9. Which members of the group greatly admire William McQuade?
(a) Vivian and Melrose.
(b) Vivian and Jury.
(c) Only Vivian, because no one else has seen his movies.
(d) Vivian and Charles.
10. What is Grace wearing when she comes to the murder scene?
(a) Her nightclothes.
(b) Nothing but a towel.
(c) A very fancy ballgown.
(d) Hiking gear.
11. Who is Lady St. Leger in charge of?
(c) Some children whose names the reader never learns.
12. Why does Tom play snooker with Robbie?
(a) He wants to get information with him.
(b) Robbie is the last person Tom has to beat before he can be champion.
(c) He thinks they might be brothers.
(d) There is no one else who knows how to play snooker.
13. How does Jury decide Beatrice has been killed?
(a) She was strangled.
(b) She was poisoned.
(c) She was stabbed.
(d) She was shot.
14. Who is most relieved to learn that Tom isn't a suspect in Beatrice's murder?
(a) Tom himself.
(c) St. Leger.
15. How does Tom discover the body at the mansion?
(a) He sees it from afar.
(b) He smells it.
(c) He sees someone trying to bury it.
(d) He trips on it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who suggests Melrose, Vivian, Agatha, and Ruthven could get a room at the Jerusalem Inn when it appears they are stranded from the storm?
2. What weapon does Jury decide Beatrice is killed with?
3. What secret did Helen tell Miss Hargreaves-Brown first?
4. How long do the guests think it will take for the police to arrive to Beatrice's murder scene?
5. What does Beatrice do for a living?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)