|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jury decide Beatrice has been killed?
(a) She was strangled.
(b) She was shot.
(c) She was stabbed.
(d) She was poisoned.
2. For how long does Charles predict his guests will be snowed in at his home?
(a) Five days.
(b) One week.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Three days.
3. Who is Mrs. Krimp?
(a) A guest at the Margate Hotel.
(b) A housekeeper at the Margate Hotel.
(c) The owner of the Margate Hotel.
(d) A waitress at the Margate Hotel.
4. What is Frederick charges with doing while he is at Spinney Abbey?
(a) Paintaing a portrait of Grace and Charles's fancy estate.
(b) Painting a portrait of Charles.
(c) Painting a portrait of Grace.
(d) Painting a portrait of Grace and Charles together.
5. What is Grace wearing when she comes to the murder scene?
(a) Her nightclothes.
(b) Nothing but a towel.
(c) A very fancy ballgown.
(d) Hiking gear.
6. How do Tommy and Melrose decide to get to the Jerusalem Inn?
(a) By stealing a car.
(b) By ski or snowshoe.
(c) By snowmobile.
(d) By walking.
7. What does William McQuade do for a living?
(a) He is a plumber.
(b) He is a famous actor.
(c) He is a writer.
(d) He is a painter.
8. How much older than Susan Assington is her husband?
(a) 20 years.
(b) Only one day.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 30 years.
9. What is Melrose's impression of Susan Assington?
(a) That she is not very bright.
(b) That she is very, very snobby.
(c) That she is the likely murderer.
(d) That she is hiding something.
10. Why does Tommy want to go to the Jerusalem Inn with Melrose in Chapter 14?
(a) Because he wants to go out drinking.
(b) Because he is feeling cooped up.
(c) Because he has something to talk to Melrose about privatelly.
(d) Because he wants to meet his girlfriend there.
11. What kind of case does Jury question Sir George about?
(a) An old case where a husband poisoned his wife.
(b) An old case where a physician shot his patient.
(c) An old case where a physician poisoned his patient.
(d) An old case where a husband killed his wife's boyfriend.
12. What does someone believe is the only vehicle that can rescue Melrose, Vivian, Agatha, and Ruthven when they are stranded at the Jerusalem Inn?
(a) A horse and sleigh.
(b) A Hummer.
(c) A Land Rover.
(d) A tank.
13. Who promises to come get Melrose, Vivian, Agatha, and Ruthven when they are stranded at the Jerusalem Inn during a storm?
(a) Mrs. Seaingham.
(b) Charles Seaingham.
(c) The local police.
14. Which three characters run into each other unexpectedly during a game of snooker at the Jerusalem Inn?
(a) Melrose, Tommy, and Charles.
(b) Tommy, Melrose, and Jury.
(c) Chalres, Jury, and Melrose.
(d) Vivian, Charles, and Jury.
15. Where does Jury find Isobel Dunsany?
(a) In the town chuch.
(b) On his doorstep; she has come to talk to him.
(c) At a run-down hotel.
(d) At her favorite pub.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Beatrice's body is found, whom does Jury request go with him to the study?
2. Where is Beatrice's body found?
3. Whom does Wiggins talk to again to learn more about Helen?
4. How does Jury react to learning that Melrose is in the area when he arrives at the Jerusalem Inn?
5. Who tells Cullen that Charles was having an affair with Beatrice?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)