|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Spinney Abbey?
(a) The name of the town where Grace Seaingham is from.
(b) Nothing; this is a trick question.
(c) The name of the city where Charles Seaingham lives.
(d) The Seaingham mansion.
2. Who is most relieved to learn that Tom isn't a suspect in Beatrice's murder?
(a) Tom himself.
(b) St. Leger.
3. How much older than Susan Assington is her husband?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 20 years.
(c) 30 years.
(d) Only one day.
4. What is the real relationship between Helen and Parmenger?
(a) They are just friends.
(b) They are husband and wife.
(c) They are adopted siblings.
(d) They are half-siblings.
5. What forces Danielle into service as a maid?
(a) She knows too much about the royalty.
(b) Her husband ran off with the money she had saved.
(c) She is in an accident.
(d) She has an affair with her old boss, who fires her.
6. What weapon does Jury decide Beatrice is killed with?
(a) A kitchen knife.
(b) Rat poison.
(c) A shotgun.
(d) A rope.
7. How does Tom discover the body at the mansion?
(a) He trips on it.
(b) He smells it.
(c) He sees it from afar.
(d) He sees someone trying to bury it.
8. Who has invited Frederick to Spinney Abbey?
(a) Charles Seaingham.
(b) Grace Seaingham.
(c) Lady St. Leger.
9. What does someone believe is the only vehicle that can rescue Melrose, Vivian, Agatha, and Ruthven when they are stranded at the Jerusalem Inn?
(a) A Hummer.
(b) A Land Rover.
(c) A horse and sleigh.
(d) A tank.
10. Why does Jury want to go to the Jerusalem Inn the morning after Beatrice's murder?
(a) He wants a drink.
(b) He has heard they make a great breakfast.
(c) He wants to talk to Robbie.
(d) He doesn't trust the food at the mansion.
11. After Beatrice's body is found, whom does Jury request go with him to the study?
12. What secret did Helen tell Miss Hargreaves-Brown first?
(a) That she was adopted.
(b) That she was having an affair.
(c) That she used to sneak out of the school at night.
(d) That she was pregnant.
13. What has apparently happened to Tommy's parents?
(a) They abandoned the baby on Beatrice's doorstep.
(b) They were murdered.
(c) They abandoned the baby on the Seaingham doorstep.
(d) They died.
14. What does William McQuade do for a living?
(a) He is a plumber.
(b) He is a painter.
(c) He is a famous actor.
(d) He is a writer.
15. Who admits to having knowledge of poisons?
(a) Sir George.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who thinks Grace was the intended target (instead of Beatrice)?
2. What does Wiggins learn is the real reason why Helen was taken out of school?
3. After Beatrice's murder and the questioning that follows, what time is the group finally allowed back to bed?
4. Who does Jury come to believe is Robbie's mother?
5. What is Miss Hargreaves-Brown's real name?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)