|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of case does Jury question Sir George about?
(a) An old case where a physician shot his patient.
(b) An old case where a husband poisoned his wife.
(c) An old case where a physician poisoned his patient.
(d) An old case where a husband killed his wife's boyfriend.
2. What does Jury ask Vivian when he is questioning her about Beatrice's murder?
(a) Why she isn't married.
(b) If they can go out sometime.
(c) Why she is so mean to him all of the time.
(d) Who she thinks might be guilty of the crime.
3. Who is George?
(a) Susan Assington's personal physician.
(b) A neighbor of Seaingham who no one else really likes.
(c) Susan Assington's son.
(d) A famous artist visiting the Seaingham house.
4. What does Melrose think of Beatrice?
(a) That she is neight ugly nor attractive.
(b) That she is hideously ugly.
(c) That he cannot decide if she is ugly or not.
(d) That she is attractive.
5. Why does Melrose claim he hasn't heard of Helen's death?
(a) Because of the storm.
(b) Because he hasn't checked his email in forever.
(c) Because no one believes she is really dead.
(d) Because his boss is a jerk and forgot to tell him.
6. What does someone believe is the only vehicle that can rescue Melrose, Vivian, Agatha, and Ruthven when they are stranded at the Jerusalem Inn?
(a) A horse and sleigh.
(b) A Land Rover.
(c) A tank.
(d) A Hummer.
7. How does Jury get to the mansion after Tom and Melrose sneak out?
(a) By snowshoeing with Tom and Melrose.
(b) By hitchiking.
(c) By skiing with Tom and Melrose.
(d) By car.
8. After Beatrice's murder and the questioning that follows, what time is the group finally allowed back to bed?
(a) Eleven in the morning.
(b) Five in the morning.
(d) Two in the morning.
9. Who adopted Helen's child?
(b) Charles and Grace Seaingham.
(c) Danielle and Robin Lyte.
10. What does Beatrice do for a living?
(a) Write fiction.
(b) Write poetry.
(c) Write movies.
(d) Write romance.
11. What is Miss Hargreaves-Brown's real name?
(a) Amy Brown.
(b) Amalia Brown.
(c) Annie Brown.
(d) Amanda Brown.
12. Who promises to come get Melrose, Vivian, Agatha, and Ruthven when they are stranded at the Jerusalem Inn during a storm?
(a) Mrs. Seaingham.
(b) The local police.
(d) Charles Seaingham.
13. What does Melrose think of Grace Seaingham?
(a) That she is very elegant.
(b) All of these answers are correct.
(c) That she is every bit the lady.
(d) That she is an excellent hostess.
14. Which three characters run into each other unexpectedly during a game of snooker at the Jerusalem Inn?
(a) Melrose, Tommy, and Charles.
(b) Vivian, Charles, and Jury.
(c) Tommy, Melrose, and Jury.
(d) Chalres, Jury, and Melrose.
15. What is the real relationship between Helen and Parmenger?
(a) They are husband and wife.
(b) They are adopted siblings.
(c) They are just friends.
(d) They are half-siblings.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who suggests Melrose, Vivian, Agatha, and Ruthven could get a room at the Jerusalem Inn when it appears they are stranded from the storm?
2. What weapon does Jury decide Beatrice is killed with?
3. What is Spinney Abbey?
4. After Beatrice's body is found, whom does Jury request go with him to the study?
5. How tall is Jury?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)