|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does someone believe is the only vehicle that can rescue Melrose, Vivian, Agatha, and Ruthven when they are stranded at the Jerusalem Inn?
(a) A horse and sleigh.
(b) A Hummer.
(c) A tank.
(d) A Land Rover.
2. What does Tommy think of his guardian?
(a) That she is very kind and loving but also can be mean sometimes.
(b) That she is a dumb as a post.
(c) That she is very strict.
(d) That she is fantastic in every way possible.
3. Who was Helen very interested in when she came to talk to Miss Dunsany?
(a) Miss Dunsany's mother.
(b) A former maid employed in the Dunsany household.
(c) Miss Dunsany herself.
(d) A former teacher of Miss Dunsany.
4. Who is most relieved to learn that Tom isn't a suspect in Beatrice's murder?
(b) Tom himself.
(d) St. Leger.
5. What secret did Helen tell Miss Hargreaves-Brown first?
(a) That she was pregnant.
(b) That she was having an affair.
(c) That she was adopted.
(d) That she used to sneak out of the school at night.
6. What does Melrose think of Beatrice?
(a) That she is neight ugly nor attractive.
(b) That she is hideously ugly.
(c) That he cannot decide if she is ugly or not.
(d) That she is attractive.
7. What is the real relationship between Helen and Parmenger?
(a) They are half-siblings.
(b) They are husband and wife.
(c) They are just friends.
(d) They are adopted siblings.
8. What does Melrose watch at the Jerusalem Inn when he is shortly stranded there by a storm?
(a) A bar fight.
(b) Something suspicious going on in the back corner.
(c) Just the people in general.
(d) A game of snooker.
9. For how long does Charles predict his guests will be snowed in at his home?
(a) Three days.
(b) One week.
(c) Five days.
(d) Two weeks.
10. After Beatrice's body is found, whom does Jury request go with him to the study?
11. What does Wiggins learn is the real reason why Helen was taken out of school?
(a) Because she was pregnant.
(b) Because her father couldn't pay the bills.
(c) Because she got in trouble too much.
(d) Because she was too smart for her own good.
12. Where do Jury and Wiggins meet up after Beatrice's murder?
(a) The London train station.
(b) The Newcastle train station.
(c) The Jerusalem Inn.
(d) The New Binghamton train station.
13. What has apparently happened to Tommy's parents?
(a) They died.
(b) They abandoned the baby on the Seaingham doorstep.
(c) They were murdered.
(d) They abandoned the baby on Beatrice's doorstep.
14. Who promises to come get Melrose, Vivian, Agatha, and Ruthven when they are stranded at the Jerusalem Inn during a storm?
(a) Charles Seaingham.
(c) The local police.
(d) Mrs. Seaingham.
15. Who wins the snooker tournament Tom plays after sneaking out with Melrose?
(b) The other person.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Frederick charges with doing while he is at Spinney Abbey?
2. What is St. Leger so concerned about that happened the night before Beatrice's murder?
3. Why does Melrose claim he hasn't heard of Helen's death?
4. Who suggests Melrose, Vivian, Agatha, and Ruthven could get a room at the Jerusalem Inn when it appears they are stranded from the storm?
5. How tall is Jury?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)