|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For how long does Charles predict his guests will be snowed in at his home?
(a) One week.
(b) Five days.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Three days.
2. Who adopted Helen's child?
(c) Danielle and Robin Lyte.
(d) Charles and Grace Seaingham.
3. Who was Helen very interested in when she came to talk to Miss Dunsany?
(a) A former teacher of Miss Dunsany.
(b) Miss Dunsany herself.
(c) Miss Dunsany's mother.
(d) A former maid employed in the Dunsany household.
4. Who tells Cullen that Charles was having an affair with Beatrice?
(a) Charles himself.
5. How do Tommy and Melrose decide to get to the Jerusalem Inn?
(a) By stealing a car.
(b) By walking.
(c) By snowmobile.
(d) By ski or snowshoe.
6. Which members of the group greatly admire William McQuade?
(a) Vivian and Jury.
(b) Vivian and Melrose.
(c) Vivian and Charles.
(d) Only Vivian, because no one else has seen his movies.
7. How much older than Susan Assington is her husband?
(a) 30 years.
(b) Only one day.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 20 years.
8. Why does Tommy want to go to the Jerusalem Inn with Melrose in Chapter 14?
(a) Because he wants to meet his girlfriend there.
(b) Because he has something to talk to Melrose about privatelly.
(c) Because he is feeling cooped up.
(d) Because he wants to go out drinking.
9. What does Wiggins learn is the real reason why Helen was taken out of school?
(a) Because she was pregnant.
(b) Because she got in trouble too much.
(c) Because her father couldn't pay the bills.
(d) Because she was too smart for her own good.
10. What time does Jury wake up Melrose the morning after Beatrice's murder?
(a) Shortly after 9.
(b) Shortly after 10.
(c) Shortly after 7.
(d) Shortly after 8.
11. How do Tom and Melrose return to the mansion after sneaking out?
12. Who promises to come get Melrose, Vivian, Agatha, and Ruthven when they are stranded at the Jerusalem Inn during a storm?
(a) Charles Seaingham.
(b) Mrs. Seaingham.
(c) The local police.
13. What kind of storm interferes with several characters' plans to get to Charles Seaingham's home?
(a) A blinding rain.
(b) A dust storm.
(c) A blizzard.
(d) A heavy hailstorm.
14. How does Charles react when asked about Helen's murder?
(a) He becomes very angry.
(b) He faints.
(c) He becomes very nervous.
(d) His hands start shaking.
15. What do the other guests think of Beatrice's writing?
(a) That it is kind of trashy.
(b) They don't know about it because she uses a pen name.
(c) That it is very fancy.
(d) That it is very intellectual.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Sir George Assington?
2. What kind of alcohol does Mrs. Krimp reluctantly provide for the guests at the Margate Hotel?
3. What is Melrose's impression of Susan Assington?
4. Who wins the snooker tournament Tom plays after sneaking out with Melrose?
5. Who admits to having knowledge of poisons?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)