|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which three characters run into each other unexpectedly during a game of snooker at the Jerusalem Inn?
(a) Tommy, Melrose, and Jury.
(b) Melrose, Tommy, and Charles.
(c) Vivian, Charles, and Jury.
(d) Chalres, Jury, and Melrose.
2. How does Jury decide Beatrice has been killed?
(a) She was shot.
(b) She was poisoned.
(c) She was strangled.
(d) She was stabbed.
3. What does someone believe is the only vehicle that can rescue Melrose, Vivian, Agatha, and Ruthven when they are stranded at the Jerusalem Inn?
(a) A Hummer.
(b) A Land Rover.
(c) A horse and sleigh.
(d) A tank.
4. How long do the guests think it will take for the police to arrive to Beatrice's murder scene?
(a) This is a trick question; the police are there when she is murdered.
(b) Just a few minutes.
5. What does Melrose watch at the Jerusalem Inn when he is shortly stranded there by a storm?
(a) Something suspicious going on in the back corner.
(b) A game of snooker.
(c) Just the people in general.
(d) A bar fight.
6. Who was Helen very interested in when she came to talk to Miss Dunsany?
(a) A former teacher of Miss Dunsany.
(b) A former maid employed in the Dunsany household.
(c) Miss Dunsany's mother.
(d) Miss Dunsany herself.
7. What is Frederick charges with doing while he is at Spinney Abbey?
(a) Painting a portrait of Grace.
(b) Paintaing a portrait of Grace and Charles's fancy estate.
(c) Painting a portrait of Grace and Charles together.
(d) Painting a portrait of Charles.
8. Why is Robbie Lyte returned to Bonaventure?
(a) Because his mother died.
(b) Because he breaks into a bank and robs it.
(c) Because he was impossible to control.
(d) Because he loved it there so much.
9. What has apparently happened to Tommy's parents?
(a) They abandoned the baby on Beatrice's doorstep.
(b) They died.
(c) They abandoned the baby on the Seaingham doorstep.
(d) They were murdered.
10. Who is George?
(a) Susan Assington's personal physician.
(b) A neighbor of Seaingham who no one else really likes.
(c) A famous artist visiting the Seaingham house.
(d) Susan Assington's son.
11. What weapon does Jury decide Beatrice is killed with?
(a) A rope.
(b) A shotgun.
(c) A kitchen knife.
(d) Rat poison.
12. What is Grace wearing when she comes to the murder scene?
(a) Her nightclothes.
(b) Nothing but a towel.
(c) A very fancy ballgown.
(d) Hiking gear.
13. Why does Melrose claim he hasn't heard of Helen's death?
(a) Because his boss is a jerk and forgot to tell him.
(b) Because no one believes she is really dead.
(c) Because he hasn't checked his email in forever.
(d) Because of the storm.
14. Who is Mrs. Krimp?
(a) The owner of the Margate Hotel.
(b) A waitress at the Margate Hotel.
(c) A guest at the Margate Hotel.
(d) A housekeeper at the Margate Hotel.
15. After Beatrice's murder and the questioning that follows, what time is the group finally allowed back to bed?
(a) Five in the morning.
(c) Two in the morning.
(d) Eleven in the morning.
Short Answer Questions
1. For how long does Charles predict his guests will be snowed in at his home?
2. Where is Beatrice's body found?
3. What secret does Jury confess to Grace that he knows about her?
4. What time does Jury wake up Melrose the morning after Beatrice's murder?
5. What does Grace say when questioned about her husband's affair?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)