|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Tom play snooker with Robbie?
(a) Robbie is the last person Tom has to beat before he can be champion.
(b) There is no one else who knows how to play snooker.
(c) He wants to get information with him.
(d) He thinks they might be brothers.
2. Whom does Wiggins talk to again to learn more about Helen?
3. What is the real relationship between Helen and Parmenger?
(a) They are husband and wife.
(b) They are adopted siblings.
(c) They are just friends.
(d) They are half-siblings.
4. What time does Jury wake up Melrose the morning after Beatrice's murder?
(a) Shortly after 8.
(b) Shortly after 7.
(c) Shortly after 9.
(d) Shortly after 10.
5. Who thinks Grace was the intended target (instead of Beatrice)?
6. How does Tom discover the body at the mansion?
(a) He trips on it.
(b) He smells it.
(c) He sees it from afar.
(d) He sees someone trying to bury it.
7. Who was Helen very interested in when she came to talk to Miss Dunsany?
(a) A former maid employed in the Dunsany household.
(b) Miss Dunsany's mother.
(c) A former teacher of Miss Dunsany.
(d) Miss Dunsany herself.
8. What do the other guests think of Beatrice's writing?
(a) They don't know about it because she uses a pen name.
(b) That it is very intellectual.
(c) That it is very fancy.
(d) That it is kind of trashy.
9. What does Jury ask Vivian when he is questioning her about Beatrice's murder?
(a) If they can go out sometime.
(b) Who she thinks might be guilty of the crime.
(c) Why she isn't married.
(d) Why she is so mean to him all of the time.
10. What secret did Helen tell Miss Hargreaves-Brown first?
(a) That she was having an affair.
(b) That she used to sneak out of the school at night.
(c) That she was pregnant.
(d) That she was adopted.
11. Who is Sir George Assington?
(a) Grace's secret lover.
(b) Grace's husband.
(c) Grace's physician.
(d) All of these answers are correct.
12. Who is George?
(a) A neighbor of Seaingham who no one else really likes.
(b) Susan Assington's son.
(c) A famous artist visiting the Seaingham house.
(d) Susan Assington's personal physician.
13. How does Jury react to learning that Melrose is in the area when he arrives at the Jerusalem Inn?
(a) He is sad because they used to be good friends.
(b) He is jealous because Melrose is dating Jury's old girlfriend.
(c) He is angry because he is creeping in on his case.
(d) He is glad because they have worked together before.
14. What secret does Jury confess to Grace that he knows about her?
(a) That she is a fugitive.
(b) That she is pregnant.
(c) That she is having an affair.
(d) That she is ill.
15. Why does Tommy want to go to the Jerusalem Inn with Melrose in Chapter 14?
(a) Because he wants to meet his girlfriend there.
(b) Because he is feeling cooped up.
(c) Because he has something to talk to Melrose about privatelly.
(d) Because he wants to go out drinking.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jury get to the mansion after Tom and Melrose sneak out?
2. What does Melrose think of Grace Seaingham?
3. After Beatrice's murder and the questioning that follows, what time is the group finally allowed back to bed?
4. Who promises to come get Melrose, Vivian, Agatha, and Ruthven when they are stranded at the Jerusalem Inn during a storm?
5. Who is horrified at the thought of Melrose, Vivian, Agatha, and Ruthven getting a room at the Jerusalem Inn when it appears they are stranded from the storm?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)