|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jury decide Beatrice has been killed?
(a) She was stabbed.
(b) She was shot.
(c) She was strangled.
(d) She was poisoned.
2. Who is horrified at the thought of Melrose, Vivian, Agatha, and Ruthven getting a room at the Jerusalem Inn when it appears they are stranded from the storm?
3. How do Tom and Melrose return to the mansion after sneaking out?
4. How does Tom discover the body at the mansion?
(a) He trips on it.
(b) He sees someone trying to bury it.
(c) He smells it.
(d) He sees it from afar.
5. Who adopted Helen's child?
(a) Danielle and Robin Lyte.
(c) Charles and Grace Seaingham.
6. What is Grace wearing when she comes to the murder scene?
(a) Nothing but a towel.
(b) Hiking gear.
(c) A very fancy ballgown.
(d) Her nightclothes.
7. Which three characters run into each other unexpectedly during a game of snooker at the Jerusalem Inn?
(a) Vivian, Charles, and Jury.
(b) Melrose, Tommy, and Charles.
(c) Chalres, Jury, and Melrose.
(d) Tommy, Melrose, and Jury.
8. What problem with Grace does Jury want to solve?
(a) Who is sending her threatening messages.
(b) Who tried to kill her but killed Beatrice instead.
(c) Who she is having an affair with.
(d) Who is poisoning her.
9. How much older than Susan Assington is her husband?
(a) 20 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 30 years.
(d) Only one day.
10. What time does Jury wake up Melrose the morning after Beatrice's murder?
(a) Shortly after 7.
(b) Shortly after 9.
(c) Shortly after 8.
(d) Shortly after 10.
11. What is Frederick charges with doing while he is at Spinney Abbey?
(a) Painting a portrait of Charles.
(b) Painting a portrait of Grace.
(c) Paintaing a portrait of Grace and Charles's fancy estate.
(d) Painting a portrait of Grace and Charles together.
12. What does Melrose think of Beatrice?
(a) That she is attractive.
(b) That he cannot decide if she is ugly or not.
(c) That she is hideously ugly.
(d) That she is neight ugly nor attractive.
13. What kind of alcohol does Mrs. Krimp reluctantly provide for the guests at the Margate Hotel?
14. What is Miss Hargreaves-Brown's real name?
(a) Amalia Brown.
(b) Amanda Brown.
(c) Annie Brown.
(d) Amy Brown.
15. Who has invited Frederick to Spinney Abbey?
(a) Charles Seaingham.
(b) Lady St. Leger.
(c) Grace Seaingham.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Tom play snooker with Robbie?
2. What do the other guests think of Beatrice's writing?
3. Where do Jury and Wiggins meet up after Beatrice's murder?
4. Where is Beatrice's body found?
5. What is St. Leger so concerned about that happened the night before Beatrice's murder?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)