|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who thinks Grace was the intended target (instead of Beatrice)?
2. Who promises to come get Melrose, Vivian, Agatha, and Ruthven when they are stranded at the Jerusalem Inn during a storm?
(a) The local police.
(b) Mrs. Seaingham.
(c) Charles Seaingham.
3. What does William McQuade do for a living?
(a) He is a plumber.
(b) He is a painter.
(c) He is a writer.
(d) He is a famous actor.
4. Who was Helen very interested in when she came to talk to Miss Dunsany?
(a) A former maid employed in the Dunsany household.
(b) A former teacher of Miss Dunsany.
(c) Miss Dunsany's mother.
(d) Miss Dunsany herself.
5. How do Tommy and Melrose decide to get to the Jerusalem Inn?
(a) By walking.
(b) By stealing a car.
(c) By snowmobile.
(d) By ski or snowshoe.
6. What kind of alcohol does Mrs. Krimp reluctantly provide for the guests at the Margate Hotel?
7. Why does Tommy want to go to the Jerusalem Inn with Melrose in Chapter 14?
(a) Because he wants to meet his girlfriend there.
(b) Because he is feeling cooped up.
(c) Because he wants to go out drinking.
(d) Because he has something to talk to Melrose about privatelly.
8. What kind of case does Jury question Sir George about?
(a) An old case where a husband killed his wife's boyfriend.
(b) An old case where a physician poisoned his patient.
(c) An old case where a husband poisoned his wife.
(d) An old case where a physician shot his patient.
9. Where do Jury and Wiggins meet up after Beatrice's murder?
(a) The New Binghamton train station.
(b) The Newcastle train station.
(c) The London train station.
(d) The Jerusalem Inn.
10. What is the real relationship between Helen and Parmenger?
(a) They are adopted siblings.
(b) They are just friends.
(c) They are husband and wife.
(d) They are half-siblings.
11. Who has invited Frederick to Spinney Abbey?
(a) Lady St. Leger.
(c) Charles Seaingham.
(d) Grace Seaingham.
12. Where does Jury find Isobel Dunsany?
(a) At a run-down hotel.
(b) At her favorite pub.
(c) On his doorstep; she has come to talk to him.
(d) In the town chuch.
13. For how long does Charles predict his guests will be snowed in at his home?
(a) One week.
(b) Five days.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Three days.
14. Whom does Wiggins talk to again to learn more about Helen?
15. What weapon does Jury decide Beatrice is killed with?
(a) Rat poison.
(b) A rope.
(c) A shotgun.
(d) A kitchen knife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Melrose's impression of Susan Assington?
2. What does Melrose think of Grace Seaingham?
3. What is St. Leger so concerned about that happened the night before Beatrice's murder?
4. Who is Sir George Assington?
5. How long do the guests think it will take for the police to arrive to Beatrice's murder scene?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)