|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jury find Isobel Dunsany?
(a) In the town chuch.
(b) At her favorite pub.
(c) On his doorstep; she has come to talk to him.
(d) At a run-down hotel.
2. What is the real relationship between Helen and Parmenger?
(a) They are half-siblings.
(b) They are husband and wife.
(c) They are adopted siblings.
(d) They are just friends.
3. What meal do Grace and Jury share while discussing Beatrice's murder?
(a) None; this is a trick question.
4. What is Melrose's impression of Susan Assington?
(a) That she is hiding something.
(b) That she is not very bright.
(c) That she is very, very snobby.
(d) That she is the likely murderer.
5. After Beatrice's murder and the questioning that follows, what time is the group finally allowed back to bed?
(a) Eleven in the morning.
(b) Five in the morning.
(d) Two in the morning.
6. What kind of alcohol does Mrs. Krimp reluctantly provide for the guests at the Margate Hotel?
7. Why is Robbie Lyte returned to Bonaventure?
(a) Because he was impossible to control.
(b) Because he breaks into a bank and robs it.
(c) Because he loved it there so much.
(d) Because his mother died.
8. How does Jury react to learning that Melrose is in the area when he arrives at the Jerusalem Inn?
(a) He is angry because he is creeping in on his case.
(b) He is sad because they used to be good friends.
(c) He is glad because they have worked together before.
(d) He is jealous because Melrose is dating Jury's old girlfriend.
9. How do Tom and Melrose return to the mansion after sneaking out?
10. What time does Jury wake up Melrose the morning after Beatrice's murder?
(a) Shortly after 7.
(b) Shortly after 10.
(c) Shortly after 9.
(d) Shortly after 8.
11. What weapon does Jury decide Beatrice is killed with?
(a) A shotgun.
(b) A kitchen knife.
(c) A rope.
(d) Rat poison.
12. Who is Mrs. Krimp?
(a) A guest at the Margate Hotel.
(b) A waitress at the Margate Hotel.
(c) The owner of the Margate Hotel.
(d) A housekeeper at the Margate Hotel.
13. What does Melrose think of Beatrice?
(a) That she is neight ugly nor attractive.
(b) That he cannot decide if she is ugly or not.
(c) That she is attractive.
(d) That she is hideously ugly.
14. Who promises to come get Melrose, Vivian, Agatha, and Ruthven when they are stranded at the Jerusalem Inn during a storm?
(b) Charles Seaingham.
(c) Mrs. Seaingham.
(d) The local police.
15. Why does Tommy want to go to the Jerusalem Inn with Melrose in Chapter 14?
(a) Because he wants to meet his girlfriend there.
(b) Because he has something to talk to Melrose about privatelly.
(c) Because he is feeling cooped up.
(d) Because he wants to go out drinking.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Cullen that Charles was having an affair with Beatrice?
2. Why does Melrose claim he hasn't heard of Helen's death?
3. Who has invited Frederick to Spinney Abbey?
4. What forces Danielle into service as a maid?
5. What does Jury do in the Margate Hotel that causes someone else to get upset?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)