|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Jury come to believe is Robbie's mother?
2. Who has invited Frederick to Spinney Abbey?
(b) Charles Seaingham.
(c) Grace Seaingham.
(d) Lady St. Leger.
3. What secret did Helen tell Miss Hargreaves-Brown first?
(a) That she was pregnant.
(b) That she was adopted.
(c) That she was having an affair.
(d) That she used to sneak out of the school at night.
4. What secret does Jury confess to Grace that he knows about her?
(a) That she is having an affair.
(b) That she is pregnant.
(c) That she is a fugitive.
(d) That she is ill.
5. Which members of the group greatly admire William McQuade?
(a) Vivian and Charles.
(b) Only Vivian, because no one else has seen his movies.
(c) Vivian and Jury.
(d) Vivian and Melrose.
6. Who promises to come get Melrose, Vivian, Agatha, and Ruthven when they are stranded at the Jerusalem Inn during a storm?
(a) Charles Seaingham.
(b) The local police.
(d) Mrs. Seaingham.
7. Who adopted Helen's child?
(b) Charles and Grace Seaingham.
(d) Danielle and Robin Lyte.
8. What is St. Leger so concerned about that happened the night before Beatrice's murder?
(a) That she heard people yelling but didn't investigate to see who or why.
(b) That someone tried to poison her own drink.
(c) That she got into a fight with Beatrice.
(d) That Tom was out on skis so late at night.
9. How does Jury get to the mansion after Tom and Melrose sneak out?
(a) By snowshoeing with Tom and Melrose.
(b) By skiing with Tom and Melrose.
(c) By hitchiking.
(d) By car.
10. What does William McQuade do for a living?
(a) He is a painter.
(b) He is a famous actor.
(c) He is a writer.
(d) He is a plumber.
11. Who is playing music when the guests arrive at Seaingham?
(c) A famous pianist.
(d) Tommy Whittaker.
12. Why does Melrose claim he hasn't heard of Helen's death?
(a) Because his boss is a jerk and forgot to tell him.
(b) Because no one believes she is really dead.
(c) Because of the storm.
(d) Because he hasn't checked his email in forever.
13. Where do Jury and Wiggins meet up after Beatrice's murder?
(a) The New Binghamton train station.
(b) The Jerusalem Inn.
(c) The London train station.
(d) The Newcastle train station.
14. What does Grace say when questioned about her husband's affair?
(a) That she had no idea about it.
(b) That she had some idea but wasn't sure about it.
(c) That she knew about it.
(d) That she is outrageously angry and could kill someone over it.
15. Which three characters run into each other unexpectedly during a game of snooker at the Jerusalem Inn?
(a) Tommy, Melrose, and Jury.
(b) Melrose, Tommy, and Charles.
(c) Vivian, Charles, and Jury.
(d) Chalres, Jury, and Melrose.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Helen very interested in when she came to talk to Miss Dunsany?
2. What is the real relationship between Helen and Parmenger?
3. What weapon does Jury decide Beatrice is killed with?
4. Why does Jury want to go to the Jerusalem Inn the morning after Beatrice's murder?
5. Where does Jury find Isobel Dunsany?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)