|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jury believe to be the source of Mrs. Wasserman's anxiety?
(a) Something that happened in World War I.
(b) Something that happened in World War II.
(c) Something that happened in the Vietnam War.
(d) Something that happened in the Korean War.
2. Who is Cyril?
(a) Racer's daughter.
(b) Racer's secretary.
(c) Racer's cat.
(d) Racer's wife.
3. What holiday season is approaching in the novel?
(a) The Thanksgiving season.
(b) Summer Solstice.
(d) The Christmas season.
4. Who is Ruthven?
(a) Melrose's brother.
(b) Melrose's son.
(c) Melrose's assistant.
(d) A man whose life Melrose saved once.
5. Who is Mrs. Wasserman?
(a) Jury's elderly auntie.
(b) Jury's elderly grandmother.
(c) Jury's neighbor.
(d) Jury's much-older sister.
6. Why does Racer yell at his secretary?
(a) She was late to work - again.
(b) She forgot to put cream in his coffee.
(c) He wants her to get a letter typed ASAP.
(d) He wants her to remove the cat from his office.
7. For how long was Helen at a very expensive school?
(a) For 6 years, just like her mother.
(b) Her whole life.
(c) Only a year or two.
(d) Once she turned 16.
8. What is the name of Frederick Parmenger's father?
9. What does Jury do back in Helen's home that he hopes will help with his investigation?
(a) Take pictures.
(b) Dust for fingerprints.
(c) Take a few of her personal items.
(d) Sleep there so he can "get a feel for what she was like."
10. What does Jury say to Miss Hargreaves-Brown's accent?
(b) That he likes it.
(c) That it sounds fake.
(d) That he hates it.
11. How is Vivian described physically?
(a) As very fat.
(b) As very tall.
(c) As very pretty.
(d) All of these answers are correct.
12. What does Maureen reveal to Jury about Helen's father?
(a) That he was a priest.
(b) That he was nobility.
(c) All of these answers are correct.
(d) That he supposedly was Edward's younger brother.
13. What does Jury admit to Helen when the first meet?
(a) That he's wanted by the police.
(b) That he has been watching her for a few days.
(c) That he's a police officer.
(d) That he is still married.
14. What does Cullen agree to do once he receives the autopsy reports about Helen?
(a) Release incorrect information to the media about how Helen died.
(b) Notify Jury.
(c) Release them to the media.
(d) Keep them secret.
15. What do Maureen and Jury drink during their first conversation together?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the man Jury picks up on his first trip to Jerusalem Inn?
2. Who has Seaingham invited to his home in the novel?
3. For approximately how long does Racer yell at Jury in Chapter 7?
4. Who was Helen supposedly doing research on, according to Father Rourke?
5. What does Mrs. Wasserman believe has been happening for years?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)