|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jury's cousin do for a living?
(a) He is a writer.
(b) Nothing right now; he is unemployed.
(c) He is independently wealthy so he doesn't have to work.
(d) He is a business man.
2. Where does Jury walk Helen when he first meets her?
(a) To a pub.
(b) To a church.
(d) To the nearest hospital.
3. What is Melrose's last name?
4. To whom is Vivian engaged?
(a) An Italian man.
(c) A French man.
5. What does Helen's autopsy report confirm?
(a) That she was poisoned.
(b) That she was stabbed to death.
(c) That she died from cancer.
(d) That she was shot.
6. How much does Helen work?
(c) Not at all.
(d) Every minute she can because she is trying to save money.
7. What does Racer tell Jury about his request for a search warrant for Helen's home?
(a) That he should go ahead and request it.
(b) That it's his choice if he wants to request it.
(c) That if he does request it, he'll be fired.
(d) That he should probably not request it.
8. Who is Fiona Clingmore?
(a) Racer's secretary.
(b) Racer's wife.
(c) Racer's daughter.
(d) Racer's cat.
9. What does Mrs. Wasserman believe has been happening for years?
(a) She has been going insane.
(b) She has been losing her vision.
(c) Someone has been secretly pursuing her.
(d) She has been losing her hearing.
10. Who was Helen supposedly doing research on, according to Father Rourke?
(a) George Washington Carver.
(b) George Washington.
(c) John Irving.
(d) Richard Jury.
11. What was found near Helen's body?
(a) Her heart medication.
(b) Accupuncture needles.
(c) A note from the killer.
12. Who is in charge of investigating Helen's death?
(a) Detective Edward Cullen.
(b) Officer Bella Cullen.
(c) Detective Cullen Jury.
(d) Sergeant Roy Cullen.
13. Who is Father Rourke?
(a) Jury's dad, who always insists on being addressed formally.
(b) Helen's father.
(c) The mayor and founding father of the town Helen lived in.
(d) A priest.
14. Why does Jury walk into a church when the novel first opens?
(a) He is getting married.
(b) He is chasing a suspect.
(c) He wants to go there to pray.
(d) Because he is disappointed that the pubs aren't open.
15. Who discovered Helen's body?
(b) No one; it is never found.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jury know something bad has happened to Helen?
2. According to Maureen, what happened to Helen's father?
3. For how long was Helen at a very expensive school?
4. What is Helen's last name?
5. What does Jury buy for his cousin's children?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)