|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Nellie Pond?
(a) The woman Helen rented her house to.
(b) A librarian who once lived next door to Helen.
(c) The woman Helen rented her house from.
(d) A good friend of Helen.
2. What famous artist will be at Seaingham's home for the holidays?
3. What does Mrs. Wasserman believe has been happening for years?
(a) Someone has been secretly pursuing her.
(b) She has been going insane.
(c) She has been losing her hearing.
(d) She has been losing her vision.
4. What was found near Helen's body?
(a) Accupuncture needles.
(b) Her heart medication.
(c) A note from the killer.
5. Who is Chief Superintendent Racer?
(a) A reporter.
(b) The mayor.
(c) Jury's boss.
(d) A rival cop of Jury's.
6. What does Helen tell Jury she does for a living?
(a) Work as a cleaning lady.
(b) Work in a library.
(c) Work in a historic home nearby.
(d) Work in a restaurant.
7. Who was Helen supposedly doing research on, according to Father Rourke?
(a) Richard Jury.
(b) John Irving.
(c) George Washington Carver.
(d) George Washington.
8. Who is Ruthven?
(a) Melrose's assistant.
(b) Melrose's brother.
(c) A man whose life Melrose saved once.
(d) Melrose's son.
9. How does Helen seem when Jury first finds her?
10. What does Maureen suspect of the sibling relationship between Frederick and Helen?
(a) That it was something more than that.
(b) That they commited crimes together.
(c) That they orchestrated the deaths of Helen's parents.
(d) That they secretly hated each other.
11. What is Helen's last name?
12. What does Jury invite Helen to do shortly after they first meet?
(a) Go out for dinner later in the week.
(b) Go out on his yacht with him.
(c) Join him on a police ride.
(d) Come shooting with him.
13. To whom is Vivian engaged?
(a) An Italian man.
(d) A French man.
14. Who is Miss Hargreaves-Brown?
(a) A teacher at Bonaventure School.
(b) The headmistress of Bonaventure School.
(c) The janitor at Bonaventure School.
(d) The school nurse at Bonaventure School.
15. How is Vivian described physically?
(a) As very fat.
(b) As very pretty.
(c) All of these answers are correct.
(d) As very tall.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jury go after he leaves the church when the novel opens?
2. According to Maureen, what happened to Helen's mother?
3. How does Ruthven refer to Melrose?
4. For approximately how long does Racer yell at Jury in Chapter 7?
5. How does Helen treat her medical condition?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)