|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Maureen Littleton?
(a) Helen's neighbor.
(b) A young woman Helen employed to help with finances.
(c) Helen's housekeeper.
(d) Helen's sister.
2. What holiday season is approaching in the novel?
(a) Summer Solstice.
(b) The Thanksgiving season.
(d) The Christmas season.
3. What does Helen tell Jury she does for a living?
(a) Work in a restaurant.
(b) Work as a cleaning lady.
(c) Work in a library.
(d) Work in a historic home nearby.
4. Who is Miss Hargreaves-Brown?
(a) The school nurse at Bonaventure School.
(b) The headmistress of Bonaventure School.
(c) A teacher at Bonaventure School.
(d) The janitor at Bonaventure School.
5. Who discovered Helen's body?
(d) No one; it is never found.
6. What does Jury think about Cyril?
(a) That she needs a new job.
(b) That he should take him home with him.
(c) That she is a very patient woman.
(d) That he would like to date her.
7. To whom is Vivian engaged?
(b) A French man.
(c) An Italian man.
8. What are the only things that get Mrs. Wasserman out of her house?
(a) Trips to the store.
(b) Trick-or-treaters at Halloween.
(c) Phone calls.
(d) Fires and floods.
9. Where does Racer work?
(a) No where; he is a private investigator.
(b) Scotland Yard.
(c) The London CIA office.
(d) The London FBI.
10. What is the name of the man Jury picks up on his first trip to Jerusalem Inn?
11. What does Cullen agree to do once he receives the autopsy reports about Helen?
(a) Notify Jury.
(b) Release them to the media.
(c) Release incorrect information to the media about how Helen died.
(d) Keep them secret.
12. What does Jury do back in Helen's home that he hopes will help with his investigation?
(a) Take a few of her personal items.
(b) Dust for fingerprints.
(c) Take pictures.
(d) Sleep there so he can "get a feel for what she was like."
13. What is Jury's first name?
14. What does Jury buy for his cousin's children?
(b) Gifts and shoes.
(d) Tons of stuffed animals.
15. What small gift does Addie give to Jury during his visit to Bonaventure School?
(a) A sock.
(b) A cracker.
(c) A napkin.
(d) A jelly bean.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Wasserman believe has been happening for years?
2. What does Jury say to Miss Hargreaves-Brown's accent?
3. Who has painted the pointed that Jury finds in Helen's house?
4. Where does Jury walk Helen when he first meets her?
5. Where is Helen's body found?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)