|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has painted the pointed that Jury finds in Helen's house?
(a) Helen herself.
(d) A local artist who does not seem very good.
2. How did Helen keep her house?
(a) Very messy.
(b) Very dark; all of the windows were covered.
(c) Very strange -- some rooms are messy, some are neat.
(d) Very neat.
3. Who discovered Helen's body?
(a) No one; it is never found.
4. What small gift does Addie give to Jury during his visit to Bonaventure School?
(a) A cracker.
(b) A napkin.
(c) A jelly bean.
(d) A sock.
5. Where does Jury go after he leaves the church when the novel opens?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) A music shop.
(c) A car repair shop.
(d) A cemetery.
6. What does Maureen reveal to Jury about Helen's father?
(a) That he supposedly was Edward's younger brother.
(b) That he was nobility.
(c) All of these answers are correct.
(d) That he was a priest.
7. During his first visit to the Jerusalem Inn, who does Jury learn Helen once talked to there?
(b) Another woman.
(c) Robbie Lyte.
(d) A scary man no one knew.
8. What does Jury do back in Helen's home that he hopes will help with his investigation?
(a) Take a few of her personal items.
(b) Take pictures.
(c) Sleep there so he can "get a feel for what she was like."
(d) Dust for fingerprints.
9. Where does Jury spend a day with his cousin after he meets Helen?
(a) In New Hampshire.
(b) In Newcastle.
(c) In New Binghamton.
(d) In New Jersey.
10. How is Vivian described physically?
(a) All of these answers are correct.
(b) As very fat.
(c) As very pretty.
(d) As very tall.
11. Who is Cyril?
(a) Racer's secretary.
(b) Racer's cat.
(c) Racer's daughter.
(d) Racer's wife.
12. What is Jury's first name?
13. How does Lady Agatha describe Melrose?
(a) As the handsomest man she's ever seen.
(b) As a "lying cheat."
(c) As a "arrogant jerk."
(d) As an "unconfirmed bachelor."
14. How does Helen treat her medical condition?
(a) With medicine.
(b) With herbs and teas.
(c) With chemotherapy.
(d) With accupressure.
15. Who is Nellie Pond?
(a) A good friend of Helen.
(b) The woman Helen rented her house to.
(c) A librarian who once lived next door to Helen.
(d) The woman Helen rented her house from.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Maureen Littleton?
2. What did Helen's supposed father do with the family business dealings?
3. What kinds of kids attend Bonaventure School?
4. Where does Racer work?
5. What are the only things that get Mrs. Wasserman out of her house?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)