|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Cyril?
(a) Racer's cat.
(b) Racer's wife.
(c) Racer's secretary.
(d) Racer's daughter.
2. How is Vivian described physically?
(a) All of these answers are correct.
(b) As very tall.
(c) As very fat.
(d) As very pretty.
3. What famous artist will be at Seaingham's home for the holidays?
4. What do Maureen and Jury drink during their first conversation together?
5. What does Jury finally realize Maureen hates talking about?
(a) The dead in general.
(b) Her beloved Helen.
(c) Her own family history.
(d) Romantic relationships.
6. Who is in charge of investigating Helen's death?
(a) Officer Bella Cullen.
(b) Detective Cullen Jury.
(c) Detective Edward Cullen.
(d) Sergeant Roy Cullen.
7. During his first visit to the Jerusalem Inn, who does Jury learn Helen once talked to there?
(b) Another woman.
(c) A scary man no one knew.
(d) Robbie Lyte.
8. How did Helen keep her house?
(a) Very strange -- some rooms are messy, some are neat.
(b) Very neat.
(c) Very messy.
(d) Very dark; all of the windows were covered.
9. What does Jury do back in Helen's home that he hopes will help with his investigation?
(a) Dust for fingerprints.
(b) Sleep there so he can "get a feel for what she was like."
(c) Take a few of her personal items.
(d) Take pictures.
10. For how long was Helen at a very expensive school?
(a) Only a year or two.
(b) Once she turned 16.
(c) Her whole life.
(d) For 6 years, just like her mother.
11. What does Racer tell Jury about his request for a search warrant for Helen's home?
(a) That he should go ahead and request it.
(b) That it's his choice if he wants to request it.
(c) That he should probably not request it.
(d) That if he does request it, he'll be fired.
12. Where does Racer work?
(a) Scotland Yard.
(b) No where; he is a private investigator.
(c) The London FBI.
(d) The London CIA office.
13. Who is Chief Superintendent Racer?
(a) A rival cop of Jury's.
(b) The mayor.
(c) Jury's boss.
(d) A reporter.
14. What does Jury buy for his cousin's children?
(b) Tons of stuffed animals.
(c) Gifts and shoes.
15. Who is Fiona Clingmore?
(a) Racer's secretary.
(b) Racer's wife.
(c) Racer's daughter.
(d) Racer's cat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has Seaingham invited to his home in the novel?
2. According to Maureen, what happened to Helen's mother?
3. What is the name of the man Jury picks up on his first trip to Jerusalem Inn?
4. How does Lady Agatha describe Melrose?
5. What does Vivian do for a living?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)