|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cullen report about crime in Washington?
(a) That it has recently increased dramatically.
(b) That it never happens.
(c) That it only happens in the bad neighborhoods.
(d) That it happens all the time.
2. Who is Cyril?
(a) Racer's wife.
(b) Racer's secretary.
(c) Racer's daughter.
(d) Racer's cat.
3. What famous artist will be at Seaingham's home for the holidays?
4. What does Maureen suspect of the sibling relationship between Frederick and Helen?
(a) That they commited crimes together.
(b) That they orchestrated the deaths of Helen's parents.
(c) That it was something more than that.
(d) That they secretly hated each other.
5. What was found near Helen's body?
(a) A note from the killer.
(c) Accupuncture needles.
(d) Her heart medication.
6. What kind of medical condition does Helen have?
(a) A blood condition.
(b) A brain condition.
(d) A heart condition.
7. What does Jury say to Miss Hargreaves-Brown's accent?
(a) That he hates it.
(c) That he likes it.
(d) That it sounds fake.
8. Who is Charles Seaingham?
(a) A critic of the arts.
(b) A very famous inspector.
(c) A very famous inventor.
(d) A very famous professor.
9. What does Helen tell Jury she does for a living?
(a) Work in a library.
(b) Work in a restaurant.
(c) Work in a historic home nearby.
(d) Work as a cleaning lady.
10. Why does Racer yell at his secretary?
(a) He wants her to remove the cat from his office.
(b) He wants her to get a letter typed ASAP.
(c) She was late to work - again.
(d) She forgot to put cream in his coffee.
11. What does Maureen reveal to Jury about Helen's father?
(a) All of these answers are correct.
(b) That he was nobility.
(c) That he supposedly was Edward's younger brother.
(d) That he was a priest.
12. Who is Maureen Littleton?
(a) A young woman Helen employed to help with finances.
(b) Helen's sister.
(c) Helen's housekeeper.
(d) Helen's neighbor.
13. Where is Helen's body found?
(a) On her bed.
(b) In the kitchen.
(c) On the front porch.
(d) In her car in the garage.
14. What does Jury buy for his cousin's children?
(a) Tons of stuffed animals.
(c) Gifts and shoes.
15. What has Melrose done with his title?
(a) Given it up.
(b) Sold it to someone else.
(c) Passed it along to a younger cousin.
(d) Had it revoked.
Short Answer Questions
1. During his first visit to the Jerusalem Inn, who does Jury learn Helen once talked to there?
2. Where does Jury spend a day with his cousin after he meets Helen?
3. What does Jury think about Cyril?
4. Where was Parmenger educated?
5. What small gift does Addie give to Jury during his visit to Bonaventure School?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)