|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Ruthven?
(a) Melrose's assistant.
(b) Melrose's son.
(c) A man whose life Melrose saved once.
(d) Melrose's brother.
2. What does Jury buy for his cousin's children?
(a) Tons of stuffed animals.
(b) Gifts and shoes.
3. What kinds of kids attend Bonaventure School?
(a) Mostly orphans.
(b) All kinds of kids; it's a public school.
(c) Very wealthy kids.
(d) Very naughty kids.
4. Who is Chief Superintendent Racer?
(a) The mayor.
(b) A reporter.
(c) A rival cop of Jury's.
(d) Jury's boss.
5. What is the name of Frederick Parmenger's father?
6. What does Jury think about Miss Hargreaves-Brown's accent?
(a) That it seems out of place.
(b) That it sounds really fake and like she's trying to impress him.
(c) That it is very sexy.
(d) That it is very annoying.
7. Who has painted the pointed that Jury finds in Helen's house?
(b) A local artist who does not seem very good.
(d) Helen herself.
8. What famous artist will be at Seaingham's home for the holidays?
9. What does Jury think about Cyril?
(a) That he should take him home with him.
(b) That he would like to date her.
(c) That she needs a new job.
(d) That she is a very patient woman.
10. What does Racer tell Jury about his request for a search warrant for Helen's home?
(a) That he should go ahead and request it.
(b) That it's his choice if he wants to request it.
(c) That he should probably not request it.
(d) That if he does request it, he'll be fired.
11. Who is Cyril?
(a) Racer's secretary.
(b) Racer's cat.
(c) Racer's wife.
(d) Racer's daughter.
12. How is Vivian described physically?
(a) As very fat.
(b) As very pretty.
(c) As very tall.
(d) All of these answers are correct.
13. What is Helen's last name?
14. Who is Father Rourke?
(a) Jury's dad, who always insists on being addressed formally.
(b) Helen's father.
(c) A priest.
(d) The mayor and founding father of the town Helen lived in.
15. Where does Jury walk Helen when he first meets her?
(a) To a church.
(b) To a pub.
(d) To the nearest hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is in charge of investigating Helen's death?
2. What does Cullen report about crime in Washington?
3. What is Melrose's last name?
4. What does Helen's autopsy report confirm?
5. Who is Mrs. Wasserman?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)