|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jury buy for his cousin's children?
(b) Gifts and shoes.
(d) Tons of stuffed animals.
2. What does Mrs. Wasserman believe has been happening for years?
(a) She has been losing her vision.
(b) She has been losing her hearing.
(c) She has been going insane.
(d) Someone has been secretly pursuing her.
3. To whom is Vivian engaged?
(a) A French man.
(b) An Italian man.
4. What does Cullen agree to do once he receives the autopsy reports about Helen?
(a) Keep them secret.
(b) Release incorrect information to the media about how Helen died.
(c) Notify Jury.
(d) Release them to the media.
5. What does Vivian do for a living?
(a) She is an artist.
(b) She is a teacher.
(c) She is a writer.
(d) She is a dancer.
6. Who discovered Helen's body?
(d) No one; it is never found.
7. What does Cullen cite as one of the more exciting crime activities that happened recently?
(a) A gang of local men roaring their motorcycles too loudly.
(b) The theft of a tree planted by Jimmy Carter.
(c) The mafia demanding money from local business owners.
(d) Teenage boys going around at night slashing tires.
8. How does Helen seem when Jury first finds her?
9. Who has painted the pointed that Jury finds in Helen's house?
(b) A local artist who does not seem very good.
(d) Helen herself.
10. According to Maureen, what happened to Helen's father?
(a) He ran away.
(b) He died in a work accident.
(c) He was murdered.
(d) He killed himself.
11. What has Melrose done with his title?
(a) Sold it to someone else.
(b) Had it revoked.
(c) Passed it along to a younger cousin.
(d) Given it up.
12. What does Jury believe to be the source of Mrs. Wasserman's anxiety?
(a) Something that happened in World War II.
(b) Something that happened in the Vietnam War.
(c) Something that happened in the Korean War.
(d) Something that happened in World War I.
13. During his first visit to the Jerusalem Inn, who does Jury learn Helen once talked to there?
(a) Robbie Lyte.
(b) A scary man no one knew.
(c) Another woman.
14. Where was Parmenger educated?
15. Who is Fiona Clingmore?
(a) Racer's secretary.
(b) Racer's daughter.
(c) Racer's cat.
(d) Racer's wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maureen suspect of the sibling relationship between Frederick and Helen?
2. What are the only things that get Mrs. Wasserman out of her house?
3. What small gift does Addie give to Jury during his visit to Bonaventure School?
4. Where does Racer work?
5. What was found near Helen's body?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)