|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Vivian described physically?
(a) As very pretty.
(b) All of these answers are correct.
(c) As very tall.
(d) As very fat.
2. What famous artist will be at Seaingham's home for the holidays?
3. What is Jury's first name?
4. How did Helen keep her house?
(a) Very messy.
(b) Very strange -- some rooms are messy, some are neat.
(c) Very neat.
(d) Very dark; all of the windows were covered.
5. What does Jury admit to Helen when the first meet?
(a) That he's a police officer.
(b) That he's wanted by the police.
(c) That he is still married.
(d) That he has been watching her for a few days.
6. What did Helen's supposed father do with the family business dealings?
(a) Sell the business out from under everyone.
(b) "Cook the books," according to Maureen.
(c) Save the family from bankruptcy.
7. According to Maureen, what happened to Helen's father?
(a) He ran away.
(b) He died in a work accident.
(c) He killed himself.
(d) He was murdered.
8. What do Maureen and Jury drink during their first conversation together?
9. Where does Racer work?
(a) The London CIA office.
(b) Scotland Yard.
(c) The London FBI.
(d) No where; he is a private investigator.
10. What does Maureen reveal to Jury about Helen's father?
(a) That he was nobility.
(b) That he supposedly was Edward's younger brother.
(c) That he was a priest.
(d) All of these answers are correct.
11. How does Helen seem when Jury first finds her?
12. To whom is Vivian engaged?
(c) An Italian man.
(d) A French man.
13. What does Cullen agree to do once he receives the autopsy reports about Helen?
(a) Keep them secret.
(b) Release them to the media.
(c) Notify Jury.
(d) Release incorrect information to the media about how Helen died.
14. Who is Cyril?
(a) Racer's secretary.
(b) Racer's daughter.
(c) Racer's wife.
(d) Racer's cat.
15. What holiday season is approaching in the novel?
(a) Summer Solstice.
(b) The Thanksgiving season.
(d) The Christmas season.
Short Answer Questions
1. During his first visit to the Jerusalem Inn, who does Jury learn Helen once talked to there?
2. For how long was Helen at a very expensive school?
3. What does Jury do back in Helen's home that he hopes will help with his investigation?
4. What does Jury finally realize Maureen hates talking about?
5. Where does Jury walk Helen when he first meets her?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)