|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Chief Superintendent Racer?
(a) A reporter.
(b) A rival cop of Jury's.
(c) Jury's boss.
(d) The mayor.
2. How does Helen seem when Jury first finds her?
3. What do Maureen and Jury drink during their first conversation together?
4. Who is Ruthven?
(a) A man whose life Melrose saved once.
(b) Melrose's assistant.
(c) Melrose's son.
(d) Melrose's brother.
5. What is the name of Frederick Parmenger's father?
6. Where was Parmenger educated?
7. What does Jury buy for his cousin's children?
(c) Tons of stuffed animals.
(d) Gifts and shoes.
8. How much does Helen work?
(a) Every minute she can because she is trying to save money.
(c) Not at all.
9. What does Jury say to Miss Hargreaves-Brown's accent?
(b) That he likes it.
(c) That he hates it.
(d) That it sounds fake.
10. What famous artist will be at Seaingham's home for the holidays?
11. What holiday season is approaching in the novel?
(a) The Thanksgiving season.
(b) The Christmas season.
(c) Summer Solstice.
12. According to Maureen, what happened to Helen's father?
(a) He killed himself.
(b) He died in a work accident.
(c) He was murdered.
(d) He ran away.
13. What kinds of kids attend Bonaventure School?
(a) Very naughty kids.
(b) Very wealthy kids.
(c) Mostly orphans.
(d) All kinds of kids; it's a public school.
14. What did Helen's supposed father do with the family business dealings?
(a) Sell the business out from under everyone.
(c) "Cook the books," according to Maureen.
(d) Save the family from bankruptcy.
15. What does Jury believe to be the source of Mrs. Wasserman's anxiety?
(a) Something that happened in the Korean War.
(b) Something that happened in World War I.
(c) Something that happened in World War II.
(d) Something that happened in the Vietnam War.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jury do back in Helen's home that he hopes will help with his investigation?
2. Who has Seaingham invited to his home in the novel?
3. Who is in charge of investigating Helen's death?
4. What is the name of the man Jury picks up on his first trip to Jerusalem Inn?
5. What does Jury finally realize Maureen hates talking about?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)