|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mrs. Wasserman?
(a) Jury's elderly grandmother.
(b) Jury's much-older sister.
(c) Jury's elderly auntie.
(d) Jury's neighbor.
2. Who is Nellie Pond?
(a) The woman Helen rented her house to.
(b) A librarian who once lived next door to Helen.
(c) The woman Helen rented her house from.
(d) A good friend of Helen.
3. How does Lady Agatha describe Melrose?
(a) As the handsomest man she's ever seen.
(b) As a "lying cheat."
(c) As an "unconfirmed bachelor."
(d) As a "arrogant jerk."
4. What does Jury's cousin do for a living?
(a) He is independently wealthy so he doesn't have to work.
(b) Nothing right now; he is unemployed.
(c) He is a writer.
(d) He is a business man.
5. What does Jury think about Miss Hargreaves-Brown's accent?
(a) That it is very annoying.
(b) That it sounds really fake and like she's trying to impress him.
(c) That it seems out of place.
(d) That it is very sexy.
6. For approximately how long does Racer yell at Jury in Chapter 7?
(a) 15 minutes.
(b) 60 minutes.
(c) 30 minutes.
(d) 2 hours.
7. What does Helen tell Jury she does for a living?
(a) Work in a historic home nearby.
(b) Work as a cleaning lady.
(c) Work in a restaurant.
(d) Work in a library.
8. What are the only things that get Mrs. Wasserman out of her house?
(a) Trips to the store.
(b) Phone calls.
(c) Trick-or-treaters at Halloween.
(d) Fires and floods.
9. Who discovered Helen's body?
(d) No one; it is never found.
10. Who is in charge of investigating Helen's death?
(a) Officer Bella Cullen.
(b) Detective Cullen Jury.
(c) Sergeant Roy Cullen.
(d) Detective Edward Cullen.
11. What does Cullen cite as one of the more exciting crime activities that happened recently?
(a) The mafia demanding money from local business owners.
(b) A gang of local men roaring their motorcycles too loudly.
(c) Teenage boys going around at night slashing tires.
(d) The theft of a tree planted by Jimmy Carter.
12. Who is Miss Hargreaves-Brown?
(a) The janitor at Bonaventure School.
(b) The school nurse at Bonaventure School.
(c) The headmistress of Bonaventure School.
(d) A teacher at Bonaventure School.
13. What do Maureen and Jury drink during their first conversation together?
14. What is the name of Frederick Parmenger's father?
15. Why does Racer yell at his secretary?
(a) He wants her to remove the cat from his office.
(b) She was late to work - again.
(c) He wants her to get a letter typed ASAP.
(d) She forgot to put cream in his coffee.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Ruthven?
2. Who was Helen supposedly doing research on, according to Father Rourke?
3. What does Jury buy for his cousin's children?
4. Where does Jury spend a day with his cousin after he meets Helen?
5. What is the name of the man Jury picks up on his first trip to Jerusalem Inn?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)