Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jury know something bad has happened to Helen?
(a) There are police outside of her house.
(b) He receives a strange phone call from her killer.
(c) He just has a weird feeling.
(d) He receives a strange phone call from her.
2. How does Lady Agatha describe Melrose?
(a) As a "arrogant jerk."
(b) As a "lying cheat."
(c) As the handsomest man she's ever seen.
(d) As an "unconfirmed bachelor."
3. What does Helen's autopsy report confirm?
(a) That she was shot.
(b) That she was stabbed to death.
(c) That she was poisoned.
(d) That she died from cancer.
4. What is the name of Frederick Parmenger's father?
5. How did Helen keep her house?
(a) Very neat.
(b) Very dark; all of the windows were covered.
(c) Very strange -- some rooms are messy, some are neat.
(d) Very messy.
6. How does Helen treat her medical condition?
(a) With medicine.
(b) With chemotherapy.
(c) With herbs and teas.
(d) With accupressure.
7. What does Cullen cite as one of the more exciting crime activities that happened recently?
(a) A gang of local men roaring their motorcycles too loudly.
(b) The mafia demanding money from local business owners.
(c) Teenage boys going around at night slashing tires.
(d) The theft of a tree planted by Jimmy Carter.
8. Who is Ruthven?
(a) Melrose's son.
(b) Melrose's assistant.
(c) A man whose life Melrose saved once.
(d) Melrose's brother.
9. Who was Helen supposedly doing research on, according to Father Rourke?
(a) John Irving.
(b) Richard Jury.
(c) George Washington.
(d) George Washington Carver.
10. What kinds of kids attend Bonaventure School?
(a) Very wealthy kids.
(b) Mostly orphans.
(c) Very naughty kids.
(d) All kinds of kids; it's a public school.
11. Where is Helen's body found?
(a) On the front porch.
(b) On her bed.
(c) In her car in the garage.
(d) In the kitchen.
12. What does Jury think about Cyril?
(a) That he should take him home with him.
(b) That he would like to date her.
(c) That she is a very patient woman.
(d) That she needs a new job.
13. What famous artist will be at Seaingham's home for the holidays?
14. What holiday season is approaching in the novel?
(a) Summer Solstice.
(b) The Thanksgiving season.
(d) The Christmas season.
15. Where does Jury spend a day with his cousin after he meets Helen?
(a) In New Jersey.
(b) In Newcastle.
(c) In New Binghamton.
(d) In New Hampshire.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Father Rourke?
2. Where does Jury walk Helen when he first meets her?
3. To whom is Vivian engaged?
4. What does Jury admit to Helen when the first meet?
5. What is Jury's first name?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)