|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who discovered Helen's body?
(b) No one; it is never found.
2. Who is Chief Superintendent Racer?
(a) A rival cop of Jury's.
(b) Jury's boss.
(c) The mayor.
(d) A reporter.
3. What does Jury believe to be the source of Mrs. Wasserman's anxiety?
(a) Something that happened in World War II.
(b) Something that happened in the Vietnam War.
(c) Something that happened in World War I.
(d) Something that happened in the Korean War.
4. How much does Helen work?
(a) Not at all.
(b) Every minute she can because she is trying to save money.
5. How does Helen treat her medical condition?
(a) With herbs and teas.
(b) With chemotherapy.
(c) With accupressure.
(d) With medicine.
6. What kind of medical condition does Helen have?
(a) A heart condition.
(b) A brain condition.
(d) A blood condition.
7. What is the name of the man Jury picks up on his first trip to Jerusalem Inn?
8. How is Vivian described physically?
(a) All of these answers are correct.
(b) As very pretty.
(c) As very fat.
(d) As very tall.
9. Who has Seaingham invited to his home in the novel?
(a) Some of the best detective minds he knows.
(b) Family only.
(c) No one; he is a recluse.
(d) Several writers and painters.
10. For how long was Helen at a very expensive school?
(a) Her whole life.
(b) For 6 years, just like her mother.
(c) Once she turned 16.
(d) Only a year or two.
11. Who is Nellie Pond?
(a) The woman Helen rented her house to.
(b) A librarian who once lived next door to Helen.
(c) A good friend of Helen.
(d) The woman Helen rented her house from.
12. What famous artist will be at Seaingham's home for the holidays?
13. Who is Miss Hargreaves-Brown?
(a) The janitor at Bonaventure School.
(b) The headmistress of Bonaventure School.
(c) A teacher at Bonaventure School.
(d) The school nurse at Bonaventure School.
14. What is Jury's first name?
15. What is Melrose's last name?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Father Rourke?
2. What does Helen's autopsy report confirm?
3. Who has painted the pointed that Jury finds in Helen's house?
4. Who was Helen supposedly doing research on, according to Father Rourke?
5. What does Maureen reveal to Jury about Helen's father?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)