|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jury buy for his cousin's children?
(c) Gifts and shoes.
(d) Tons of stuffed animals.
2. Who is Mrs. Wasserman?
(a) Jury's elderly grandmother.
(b) Jury's neighbor.
(c) Jury's much-older sister.
(d) Jury's elderly auntie.
3. What does Cullen agree to do once he receives the autopsy reports about Helen?
(a) Release incorrect information to the media about how Helen died.
(b) Keep them secret.
(c) Notify Jury.
(d) Release them to the media.
4. Who was Helen supposedly doing research on, according to Father Rourke?
(a) George Washington.
(b) Richard Jury.
(c) John Irving.
(d) George Washington Carver.
5. Who is Maureen Littleton?
(a) Helen's neighbor.
(b) Helen's housekeeper.
(c) A young woman Helen employed to help with finances.
(d) Helen's sister.
6. Who discovered Helen's body?
(c) No one; it is never found.
7. Who is Cyril?
(a) Racer's secretary.
(b) Racer's wife.
(c) Racer's daughter.
(d) Racer's cat.
8. What is Helen's last name?
9. What kinds of kids attend Bonaventure School?
(a) Very wealthy kids.
(b) Mostly orphans.
(c) All kinds of kids; it's a public school.
(d) Very naughty kids.
10. What does Helen's autopsy report confirm?
(a) That she was shot.
(b) That she was poisoned.
(c) That she was stabbed to death.
(d) That she died from cancer.
11. What did Helen's supposed father do with the family business dealings?
(a) Sell the business out from under everyone.
(c) Save the family from bankruptcy.
(d) "Cook the books," according to Maureen.
12. Who is Chief Superintendent Racer?
(a) The mayor.
(b) A rival cop of Jury's.
(c) A reporter.
(d) Jury's boss.
13. For approximately how long does Racer yell at Jury in Chapter 7?
(a) 2 hours.
(b) 15 minutes.
(c) 60 minutes.
(d) 30 minutes.
14. Where does Jury walk Helen when he first meets her?
(a) To a church.
(b) To the nearest hospital.
(c) To a pub.
15. What does Helen tell Jury she does for a living?
(a) Work in a historic home nearby.
(b) Work in a library.
(c) Work in a restaurant.
(d) Work as a cleaning lady.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jury's cousin do for a living?
2. What does Jury do back in Helen's home that he hopes will help with his investigation?
3. During his first visit to the Jerusalem Inn, who does Jury learn Helen once talked to there?
4. According to Maureen, what happened to Helen's mother?
5. Who is Nellie Pond?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)