|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has Seaingham invited to his home in the novel?
(a) No one; he is a recluse.
(b) Family only.
(c) Several writers and painters.
(d) Some of the best detective minds he knows.
2. What is Jury's first name?
3. Who is in charge of investigating Helen's death?
(a) Officer Bella Cullen.
(b) Detective Edward Cullen.
(c) Sergeant Roy Cullen.
(d) Detective Cullen Jury.
4. What does Cullen agree to do once he receives the autopsy reports about Helen?
(a) Release them to the media.
(b) Notify Jury.
(c) Keep them secret.
(d) Release incorrect information to the media about how Helen died.
5. What does Jury think about Miss Hargreaves-Brown's accent?
(a) That it is very sexy.
(b) That it is very annoying.
(c) That it seems out of place.
(d) That it sounds really fake and like she's trying to impress him.
6. For how long was Helen at a very expensive school?
(a) Her whole life.
(b) For 6 years, just like her mother.
(c) Once she turned 16.
(d) Only a year or two.
7. What kind of medical condition does Helen have?
(a) A brain condition.
(b) A blood condition.
(d) A heart condition.
8. What does Maureen reveal to Jury about Helen's father?
(a) That he was a priest.
(b) That he supposedly was Edward's younger brother.
(c) All of these answers are correct.
(d) That he was nobility.
9. Who discovered Helen's body?
(a) No one; it is never found.
10. What does Cullen cite as one of the more exciting crime activities that happened recently?
(a) The mafia demanding money from local business owners.
(b) Teenage boys going around at night slashing tires.
(c) The theft of a tree planted by Jimmy Carter.
(d) A gang of local men roaring their motorcycles too loudly.
11. What is the name of the man Jury picks up on his first trip to Jerusalem Inn?
12. What famous artist will be at Seaingham's home for the holidays?
13. What does Jury invite Helen to do shortly after they first meet?
(a) Come shooting with him.
(b) Go out for dinner later in the week.
(c) Join him on a police ride.
(d) Go out on his yacht with him.
14. Who is Mrs. Wasserman?
(a) Jury's elderly auntie.
(b) Jury's elderly grandmother.
(c) Jury's much-older sister.
(d) Jury's neighbor.
15. What is Helen's last name?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Fiona Clingmore?
2. What did Helen's supposed father do with the family business dealings?
3. What does Jury think about Cyril?
4. Why does Racer yell at his secretary?
5. Where was Parmenger educated?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)