|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Helen supposedly doing research on, according to Father Rourke?
(a) Richard Jury.
(b) John Irving.
(c) George Washington.
(d) George Washington Carver.
2. What did Helen's supposed father do with the family business dealings?
(a) Sell the business out from under everyone.
(b) Save the family from bankruptcy.
(c) "Cook the books," according to Maureen.
3. What does Jury do back in Helen's home that he hopes will help with his investigation?
(a) Take a few of her personal items.
(b) Sleep there so he can "get a feel for what she was like."
(c) Take pictures.
(d) Dust for fingerprints.
4. What does Jury invite Helen to do shortly after they first meet?
(a) Come shooting with him.
(b) Go out on his yacht with him.
(c) Go out for dinner later in the week.
(d) Join him on a police ride.
5. For approximately how long does Racer yell at Jury in Chapter 7?
(a) 60 minutes.
(b) 15 minutes.
(c) 2 hours.
(d) 30 minutes.
6. Who is Maureen Littleton?
(a) Helen's sister.
(b) Helen's neighbor.
(c) A young woman Helen employed to help with finances.
(d) Helen's housekeeper.
7. Where does Jury spend a day with his cousin after he meets Helen?
(a) In Newcastle.
(b) In New Hampshire.
(c) In New Jersey.
(d) In New Binghamton.
8. Who is Ruthven?
(a) Melrose's assistant.
(b) Melrose's brother.
(c) Melrose's son.
(d) A man whose life Melrose saved once.
9. How does Lady Agatha describe Melrose?
(a) As an "unconfirmed bachelor."
(b) As the handsomest man she's ever seen.
(c) As a "lying cheat."
(d) As a "arrogant jerk."
10. How did Helen keep her house?
(a) Very strange -- some rooms are messy, some are neat.
(b) Very messy.
(c) Very dark; all of the windows were covered.
(d) Very neat.
11. Where does Racer work?
(a) The London CIA office.
(b) The London FBI.
(c) No where; he is a private investigator.
(d) Scotland Yard.
12. Who has painted the pointed that Jury finds in Helen's house?
(a) Helen herself.
(c) A local artist who does not seem very good.
13. Who is Cyril?
(a) Racer's secretary.
(b) Racer's wife.
(c) Racer's cat.
(d) Racer's daughter.
14. What is the name of Frederick Parmenger's father?
15. What kinds of kids attend Bonaventure School?
(a) Very naughty kids.
(b) All kinds of kids; it's a public school.
(c) Very wealthy kids.
(d) Mostly orphans.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Father Rourke?
2. What does Cullen report about crime in Washington?
3. Where is Helen's body found?
4. Who is Miss Hargreaves-Brown?
5. What does Jury's cousin do for a living?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)