|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Wasserman believe has been happening for years?
(a) She has been losing her hearing.
(b) She has been going insane.
(c) Someone has been secretly pursuing her.
(d) She has been losing her vision.
2. Where does Jury go after he leaves the church when the novel opens?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) A music shop.
(c) A cemetery.
(d) A car repair shop.
3. What does Cullen agree to do once he receives the autopsy reports about Helen?
(a) Keep them secret.
(b) Release them to the media.
(c) Release incorrect information to the media about how Helen died.
(d) Notify Jury.
4. How does Helen seem when Jury first finds her?
5. Where does Racer work?
(a) The London FBI.
(b) Scotland Yard.
(c) No where; he is a private investigator.
(d) The London CIA office.
6. Why does Racer yell at his secretary?
(a) She was late to work - again.
(b) He wants her to get a letter typed ASAP.
(c) He wants her to remove the cat from his office.
(d) She forgot to put cream in his coffee.
7. What is the name of Frederick Parmenger's father?
8. How does Helen treat her medical condition?
(a) With chemotherapy.
(b) With accupressure.
(c) With herbs and teas.
(d) With medicine.
9. According to Maureen, what happened to Helen's mother?
(a) She died of a "broken heart."
(b) She died in childbirth.
(c) She drowned.
(d) She killed herself.
10. For approximately how long does Racer yell at Jury in Chapter 7?
(a) 15 minutes.
(b) 30 minutes.
(c) 60 minutes.
(d) 2 hours.
11. Who was Helen supposedly doing research on, according to Father Rourke?
(a) John Irving.
(b) Richard Jury.
(c) George Washington.
(d) George Washington Carver.
12. For how long was Helen at a very expensive school?
(a) For 6 years, just like her mother.
(b) Once she turned 16.
(c) Only a year or two.
(d) Her whole life.
13. What does Jury admit to Helen when the first meet?
(a) That he's a police officer.
(b) That he's wanted by the police.
(c) That he has been watching her for a few days.
(d) That he is still married.
14. Who is Fiona Clingmore?
(a) Racer's cat.
(b) Racer's daughter.
(c) Racer's wife.
(d) Racer's secretary.
15. What does Jury invite Helen to do shortly after they first meet?
(a) Join him on a police ride.
(b) Go out on his yacht with him.
(c) Go out for dinner later in the week.
(d) Come shooting with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Maureen Littleton?
2. Who is in charge of investigating Helen's death?
3. What is Melrose's last name?
4. Who is Chief Superintendent Racer?
5. How much does Helen work?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)