Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Part I, Old Hall
1. What happens when Jury walks into the church as the novel opens?
2. What happens after Jury walks Helen home after first meeting her?
3. Why does Jury say to Helen about his difficulties dating?
4. What keen observation of Helen does Jury make when they first meet?
5. What does Jury think of his cousin's husband?
6. Who discovers Helen's body?
7. How does Jury respond to Cullen when Cullen asks him how long he has...
This section contains 837 words|
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)