Short Answer Key
Part I, Old Hall
1. What is Jury's first name?
2. Why does Jury walk into a church when the novel first opens?
Because he is disappointed that the pubs aren't open.
3. Where does Jury go after he leaves the church when the novel opens?
4. What is Helen's last name?
5. How does Helen seem when Jury first finds her?
6. Where does Jury walk Helen when he first meets her?
7. What does Jury invite Helen to do shortly after they first meet?
Go out for dinner later in the week.
8. What does Jury admit to Helen when the first meet?
That he's a police officer.
9. What does Helen tell Jury she does for a living?
Work in a historic home nearby.
10. How much does Helen work?
11. What kind of medical condition does...
This section contains 2,331 words|
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)