|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part V, Safety Play.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Father Rourke?
(a) Helen's father.
(b) Jury's dad, who always insists on being addressed formally.
(c) The mayor and founding father of the town Helen lived in.
(d) A priest.
2. Who is Mrs. Wasserman?
(a) Jury's elderly grandmother.
(b) Jury's much-older sister.
(c) Jury's elderly auntie.
(d) Jury's neighbor.
3. What secret does Jury confess to Grace that he knows about her?
(a) That she is a fugitive.
(b) That she is having an affair.
(c) That she is ill.
(d) That she is pregnant.
4. Why does Racer yell at his secretary?
(a) She was late to work - again.
(b) He wants her to get a letter typed ASAP.
(c) She forgot to put cream in his coffee.
(d) He wants her to remove the cat from his office.
5. What does Mrs. Wasserman believe has been happening for years?
(a) She has been losing her vision.
(b) She has been losing her hearing.
(c) She has been going insane.
(d) Someone has been secretly pursuing her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does someone believe is the only vehicle that can rescue Melrose, Vivian, Agatha, and Ruthven when they are stranded at the Jerusalem Inn?
2. Who discovered Helen's body?
3. Which members of the group greatly admire William McQuade?
4. Where does Jury go after he leaves the church when the novel opens?
5. What does Tommy think of his guardian?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)