|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, Old Hall.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jury's first name?
2. Where is Helen's body found?
(a) On the front porch.
(b) In her car in the garage.
(c) In the kitchen.
(d) On her bed.
3. What does Jury do back in Helen's home that he hopes will help with his investigation?
(a) Sleep there so he can "get a feel for what she was like."
(b) Take pictures.
(c) Take a few of her personal items.
(d) Dust for fingerprints.
4. Who is Nellie Pond?
(a) The woman Helen rented her house from.
(b) A librarian who once lived next door to Helen.
(c) A good friend of Helen.
(d) The woman Helen rented her house to.
5. Why does Jury walk into a church when the novel first opens?
(a) He is chasing a suspect.
(b) Because he is disappointed that the pubs aren't open.
(c) He wants to go there to pray.
(d) He is getting married.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jury think about Miss Hargreaves-Brown's accent?
2. Where does Jury walk Helen when he first meets her?
3. How does Helen seem when Jury first finds her?
4. What does Jury's cousin do for a living?
5. Who has painted the pointed that Jury finds in Helen's house?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)