Part I, Old Hall
• Chapter 1: Richard Jury, a detective, meets a woman named Helen Minton in a graveyard. They connect, share sandwiches, and agree to meet later in the week for dinner.
• Chapter 2: Jury goes to meet Helen but finds the police gathered at her home, where she has been found dead. He asks to be let in on the case and is given the okay.
• Chapter 3: Jury begins his investigation into Helen's life in order to investigate her death. He asks around and learns she was very neat and had a famous artist for a cousin.
• Chapter 4: Jury visits an orphanage where Helen sometimes volunteered. He suspects the headmistress, Miss Hargreaves-Brown, is not being fully forthcoming about Helen's life.
• Chapter 5: Jury learns Helen had befriended a man names Robbie Lyte at a pub. Robbie is described as "a bit slow" but Jury enjoys his company, as they...
This section contains 949 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)