|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Spode believe happened to him in Chapter 18?
2. What does L.G. Trotter claim is giving him health problems in Chapter 20?
3. Who does Jeeves suggest blackmailing in Chapter 19?
4. Who interrupts the chase between Bertie and Stilton in Chapter 17?
5. What item did Dahlia pawn?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Daphne Dolores Morehead know Stilton? What does Daphne say she hates in Chapter 17?
2. What is Seppings' reason for interrupting Stilton and Bertie's scuffle in Chapter 17?
3. What does Mr. Trotter accuse his wife of doing when he finds out her necklace is a fake?
4. What does Florence accuse Bertie of when she finds him in her room? What does she ask him to do?
5. Why isn't Bertie worried when he hears Florence is planning their wedding?
6. Why is Bertie's hiding spot in Florence's closet revealed to Stilton?
7. Why does Mrs. Trotter change her mind about her husband being knighted in Chapter 20?
8. What punishment does Mr. Trotter mete out for his son?
9. What does Percy admit to doing with his mother's necklace in Chapter 21?
10. How does Stilton treat Bertie at breakfast in Chapter 20? Why does he act this way?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss love and romance in Wodehouse's novel "Jeeves and the Feudal Spirit." Is romance and love a focus of the novel? Which characters have romantic feelings for one another? How do these characters pursue the object of their affection?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze and interpret the character, Aunt Dahlia. What are her defining character traits? What sort of relationship does she have with Wooster? Is she an important character in the novel? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the motif of deception. Who deceives whom and why? What tone are these deceptions written in?
This section contains 799 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)