|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dahlia say Florence is planning in Chapter 15?
2. What has Stilton sold Percy?
3. What did Aunt Dahlia do to Spode in Chapter 18?
4. Who wishes to speak to Dahlia in Chapter 16?
5. What do they prevent butlers from doing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Seppings' reason for interrupting Stilton and Bertie's scuffle in Chapter 17?
2. Why does Mrs. Trotter change her mind about her husband being knighted in Chapter 20?
3. In Chapter 18, what does Bertie discover when he takes the pearl necklace from the safe to Dahlia?
4. How does Stilton treat Bertie at breakfast in Chapter 20? Why does he act this way?
5. What does Bertie decide to do at the end of the novel? Why does he do it?
6. When Percy and Florence discuss their finances in Chapter 22, what secret does Percy reveal?
7. What punishment does Mr. Trotter mete out for his son?
8. Describe the encounter between Dahlia and Spode in Tom's study in Chapter 18.
9. What does Jeeves realize about Lord Sidcup?
10. Why isn't Bertie worried when he hears Florence is planning their wedding?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze and interpret the character, Aunt Dahlia. What are her defining character traits? What sort of relationship does she have with Wooster? Is she an important character in the novel? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss humor in "Jeeves and the Feudal Spirit." How is humor used? What types of comedy are present? Is the entire novel humorous or does the novel grow darker as it progresses? Overall, is this a humorous novel?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the author of "Jeeves and the Feudal Spirit," P.G. Wodehouse. How is this novel a reflection of his life's work? What other notable work did he create? What is he known for in the literary world?
This section contains 870 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)