|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Stilton tell Bertie he will meet him in Chapter 14?
2. What does Spode believe happened to him in Chapter 18?
3. How does Stilton act toward Bertie at breakfast in Chapter 20?
4. What does Lord Sidcup do for a living?
5. What does Mr. Trotter accuse Mrs. Trotter of doing in Chapter 21?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the plan to stage a robbery foiled by Uncle Tom?
2. What is Seppings' reason for interrupting Stilton and Bertie's scuffle in Chapter 17?
3. Describe the encounter between Dahlia and Spode in Tom's study in Chapter 18.
4. What does Bertie decide to do at the end of the novel? Why does he do it?
5. How does Stilton treat Bertie at breakfast in Chapter 20? Why does he act this way?
6. Why does Mrs. Trotter change her mind about her husband being knighted in Chapter 20?
7. When Percy and Florence discuss their finances in Chapter 22, what secret does Percy reveal?
8. What does Mr. Trotter accuse his wife of doing when he finds out her necklace is a fake?
9. What punishment does Mr. Trotter mete out for his son?
10. What dilemma is Dahlia facing in Chapter 12?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss humor in "Jeeves and the Feudal Spirit." How is humor used? What types of comedy are present? Is the entire novel humorous or does the novel grow darker as it progresses? Overall, is this a humorous novel?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the motif of friendship in "Jeeves and the Feudal Spirit." How is friendship depicted in the novel? What are some examples of friendship?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss irony in "Jeeves and the Feudal Spirit." What are the three types of irony and what are some examples of each type from the novel?
This section contains 888 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)