|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bertie note the Wooster Code would not allow him to do in Chapter 21?
2. Who interrupts the chase between Bertie and Stilton in Chapter 17?
3. Who owns the necklace Bertie has in his possession?
4. What does Bertie notice is open at the end of Chapter 17?
5. What does Mrs. Trotter ask Dahlia to give her if she wants the newspaper sale to go through.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mrs. Trotter demand of Dahlia in Chapter 19?
2. What is Seppings' reason for interrupting Stilton and Bertie's scuffle in Chapter 17?
3. Why is Bertie's hiding spot in Florence's closet revealed to Stilton?
4. Where did Seppings find Mrs. Trotter's necklace?
5. In Chapter 18, what does Bertie discover when he takes the pearl necklace from the safe to Dahlia?
6. How is the plan to stage a robbery foiled by Uncle Tom?
7. How does Stilton treat Bertie at breakfast in Chapter 20? Why does he act this way?
8. What dilemma is Dahlia facing in Chapter 12?
9. Why does Percy have a new found concern for Bertie's health in Chapter 15?
10. Describe the encounter between Dahlia and Spode in Tom's study in Chapter 18.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the secondary characters in the novel. What are some similarities and differences between the characters? Does Wodehouse pay particular attention to the secondary characters? Is the focus mainly put on the protagonist instead?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the all-knowing aspect of Jeeves' character. Why is this an important trait to have in his profession? How does Jeeves' vast knowledge base help both him and Wooster throughout the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss irony in "Jeeves and the Feudal Spirit." What are the three types of irony and what are some examples of each type from the novel?
This section contains 894 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)