|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What weapon does Bertie ask Jeeves for in Chapter 16?
2. What has Stilton sold Percy?
3. What does Dahlia do in Chapter 21, which Bertie says "must have taken a bit of doing"?
4. Who does Bertie describe as nice and caring in Chapter 22?
5. What does Bertie decide to change about his appearance in Chapter 22?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Seppings' reason for interrupting Stilton and Bertie's scuffle in Chapter 17?
2. How does Jeeves prevent Mr. Trotter from leaving Brinkley in Chapter 21?
3. How does Daphne Dolores Morehead know Stilton? What does Daphne say she hates in Chapter 17?
4. How does Jeeves explain being in possession of Mrs. Trotter's necklace?
5. What does Florence accuse Bertie of when she finds him in her room? What does she ask him to do?
6. When meeting Stilton in the hall in Chapter 14, what does Bertie say to stop Stilton from beating him up?
7. What does Mr. Trotter accuse his wife of doing when he finds out her necklace is a fake?
8. Why does Florence hug and kiss Bertie in Chapter 22?
9. Describe the encounter between Dahlia and Spode in Tom's study in Chapter 18.
10. What dilemma is Dahlia facing in Chapter 12?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the schemes that take place in the novel, "Jeeves and the Feudal Spirit." Which characters plan and act out schemes? Are these plans successful? Why or why not? Are these plans written in a comedic tone or a serious tone?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the motif of wealth in the novel, "Jeeves and the Feudal Spirit." What role does money and wealth play in the novel? How does money affect Jeeves in his position and relationship with Wooster? How does money cause problems for the different characters in the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss love and romance in Wodehouse's novel "Jeeves and the Feudal Spirit." Is romance and love a focus of the novel? Which characters have romantic feelings for one another? How do these characters pursue the object of their affection?
This section contains 910 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)