|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Stilton want to hurt Bertie anymore in Chapter 20?
2. What does Dahlia drop in Chapter 20?
3. What does Percy say his mother gave him her necklace for?
4. What does L.G. Trotter claim is giving him health problems in Chapter 20?
5. What does Florence recall seeing Bertie buy?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jeeves prevent Mr. Trotter from leaving Brinkley in Chapter 21?
2. How does Jeeves propose to solve Dahlia and Bertie's predicaments in Chapter 19?
3. How does Stilton treat Bertie at breakfast in Chapter 20? Why does he act this way?
4. Why does Florence hug and kiss Bertie in Chapter 22?
5. What does Jeeves realize about Lord Sidcup?
6. What does Bertie decide to do at the end of the novel? Why does he do it?
7. When Percy and Florence discuss their finances in Chapter 22, what secret does Percy reveal?
8. What puts Dahlia in a happy mood in Chapter 22?
9. Why does Percy have a new found concern for Bertie's health in Chapter 15?
10. What punishment does Mr. Trotter mete out for his son?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss humor in "Jeeves and the Feudal Spirit." How is humor used? What types of comedy are present? Is the entire novel humorous or does the novel grow darker as it progresses? Overall, is this a humorous novel?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the motif of deception. Who deceives whom and why? What tone are these deceptions written in?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the motif of wealth in the novel, "Jeeves and the Feudal Spirit." What role does money and wealth play in the novel? How does money affect Jeeves in his position and relationship with Wooster? How does money cause problems for the different characters in the novel?
This section contains 837 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)