|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Florence recall Dahlia said about Bertie?
2. How do Jeeves and Bertie decide to solve Dahlia's problem at the end of Chapter 14?
3. What item did Dahlia pawn?
4. Where does Stilton tell Bertie he will meet him in Chapter 14?
5. Who owns the necklace Bertie has in his possession?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jeeves propose to solve Dahlia and Bertie's predicaments in Chapter 19?
2. What does Mr. Trotter accuse his wife of doing when he finds out her necklace is a fake?
3. Describe the encounter between Dahlia and Spode in Tom's study in Chapter 18.
4. What does Florence accuse Bertie of when she finds him in her room? What does she ask him to do?
5. In Chapter 18, what does Bertie discover when he takes the pearl necklace from the safe to Dahlia?
6. What is Seppings' reason for interrupting Stilton and Bertie's scuffle in Chapter 17?
7. What does Mrs. Trotter demand of Dahlia in Chapter 19?
8. Why does Percy have a new found concern for Bertie's health in Chapter 15?
9. What does Jeeves suggest is done to solve Dahlia's problem in Chapter 12?
10. What dilemma is Dahlia facing in Chapter 12?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the schemes that take place in the novel, "Jeeves and the Feudal Spirit." Which characters plan and act out schemes? Are these plans successful? Why or why not? Are these plans written in a comedic tone or a serious tone?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss love and romance in Wodehouse's novel "Jeeves and the Feudal Spirit." Is romance and love a focus of the novel? Which characters have romantic feelings for one another? How do these characters pursue the object of their affection?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the motif of social class in the novel. What social class does Wooster belong to? What social class does Jeeves belong to? How does social rank affect the relationship between Jeeves and Wooster?
This section contains 883 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)