|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jeeves offer Mr. Trotter?
2. What excuse does Bertie give Florence for climbing into her room?
3. Where does Florence hide Bertie when Stilton knocks at the door?
4. Whose husband does Mrs. Trotter say has been knighted?
5. What does Mrs. Trotter ask Dahlia to give her if she wants the newspaper sale to go through.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Seppings' reason for interrupting Stilton and Bertie's scuffle in Chapter 17?
2. Where did Seppings find Mrs. Trotter's necklace?
3. Describe the encounter between Dahlia and Spode in Tom's study in Chapter 18.
4. How is the plan to stage a robbery foiled by Uncle Tom?
5. What puts Dahlia in a happy mood in Chapter 22?
6. Where does Bertie find himself after climbing through a bedroom window? What does Bertie think Dahlia has done?
7. Why isn't Bertie worried when he hears Florence is planning their wedding?
8. In Chapter 18, what does Bertie discover when he takes the pearl necklace from the safe to Dahlia?
9. Why is Dahlia distraught when Bertie arrives back at Brinkley in Chapter 16?
10. Why is Bertie's hiding spot in Florence's closet revealed to Stilton?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss humor in "Jeeves and the Feudal Spirit." How is humor used? What types of comedy are present? Is the entire novel humorous or does the novel grow darker as it progresses? Overall, is this a humorous novel?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze and interpret the character, Jeeves. Why is he considered the most popular of Wodehouse's characters? What are his defining character traits? Why is he a 'gentleman's hero'? In what ways does Jeeves help Wooster?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the schemes that take place in the novel, "Jeeves and the Feudal Spirit." Which characters plan and act out schemes? Are these plans successful? Why or why not? Are these plans written in a comedic tone or a serious tone?
This section contains 840 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)