|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Bertie describe as nice and caring in Chapter 22?
2. How does Florence suggest Bertie escape from Stilton?
3. What excuse does Bertie give Florence for climbing into her room?
4. What does Bertie decide to change about his appearance in Chapter 22?
5. Who does Mrs. Trotter rise to call in Chapter 21?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Stilton treat Bertie at breakfast in Chapter 20? Why does he act this way?
2. How does Jeeves explain being in possession of Mrs. Trotter's necklace?
3. What does Mrs. Trotter demand of Dahlia in Chapter 19?
4. Why isn't Bertie worried when he hears Florence is planning their wedding?
5. In Chapter 18, what does Bertie discover when he takes the pearl necklace from the safe to Dahlia?
6. What does Bertie decide to do at the end of the novel? Why does he do it?
7. How does Jeeves propose to solve Dahlia and Bertie's predicaments in Chapter 19?
8. Why does Florence hug and kiss Bertie in Chapter 22?
9. Describe the encounter between Dahlia and Spode in Tom's study in Chapter 18.
10. When Percy and Florence discuss their finances in Chapter 22, what secret does Percy reveal?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the author of "Jeeves and the Feudal Spirit," P.G. Wodehouse. How is this novel a reflection of his life's work? What other notable work did he create? What is he known for in the literary world?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the motif of wealth in the novel, "Jeeves and the Feudal Spirit." What role does money and wealth play in the novel? How does money affect Jeeves in his position and relationship with Wooster? How does money cause problems for the different characters in the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the motif of social class in the novel. What social class does Wooster belong to? What social class does Jeeves belong to? How does social rank affect the relationship between Jeeves and Wooster?
This section contains 900 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)