|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Dahlia acquire her booming voice?
2. Why is Bertie feeling lost in Chapter 1?
3. What is Florence's surname?
4. In Chapter 6, what does Bertie do after breakfast?
5. What is Bertie unable to get Florence to admit in Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Bertie feel lost at the beginning of the novel?
2. Who is Daphne Dolores Morehead?
3. Why does Aunt Dahlia want Bertie to come to Brinkley in Chapter 8?
4. How did Stilton find out about Bertie's nightclub visit?
5. Why is Lord Sidcup invited to Brinkley?
6. For what reason does Stilton say his engagement to Florence is off in Chapter 4?
7. Why does Percy's mood change drastically in Chapter 10?
8. Why does Bertie ask Jeeves for a strengthening drink in Chapter 1?
9. Why does Florence ask Bertie to take her to a nightclub?
10. Why is Bertie excited to see Florence in Chapter 2? What do Stilton and Florence each think of his moustache?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the character of Wooster. What are his defining character traits? What is his role in the novel? How does he affect the tone and plot of the stories?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the tone of the novel. Is it written in a light-hearted and comedic tone? Is it written in a suspenseful and dark tone? Why might Wodehouse have written the novel in this tone?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the motif of friendship in "Jeeves and the Feudal Spirit." How is friendship depicted in the novel? What are some examples of friendship?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)