|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stilton threaten to do to Bertie in Chapter 4?
2. What does Florence typically do when she and Stilton break up?
3. Which of Bertie's aunts has requested he entertain some guests at dinner in Chapter 1?
4. What does Bertie's uncle say about the Trotters?
5. What is Stilton's standard greeting?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Daphne Dolores Morehead?
2. For what reason does Stilton say his engagement to Florence is off in Chapter 4?
3. What happens at the nightclub when the police show up?
4. Why does Bertie feel lost at the beginning of the novel?
5. Why did Dahlia commission Morehead to write for her newspaper? Why is Bertie curious about their arrangement?
6. Why does Aunt Dahlia have the Trotters at Brinkley?
7. What are the club books?
8. What does Uncle Tom tell Bertie in Chapter 11?
9. What is Stilton's reason for calling off his engagement in Chapter 10?
10. Why is Bertie excited to see Florence in Chapter 2? What do Stilton and Florence each think of his moustache?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze Wodehouse's use of foreshadowing in the novel ,"Jeeves and the Feudal Spirit." What does he foreshadow throughout the novel? How does this affect the reader's experience and tone of the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss love and romance in Wodehouse's novel "Jeeves and the Feudal Spirit." Is romance and love a focus of the novel? Which characters have romantic feelings for one another? How do these characters pursue the object of their affection?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the character of Wooster. What are his defining character traits? What is his role in the novel? How does he affect the tone and plot of the stories?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)