|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bertie receive from his aunt in Chapter 8?
2. Why doesn't Bertie want to go to Brinkley?
3. What is Dahlia's husband's name?
4. Who is Daphne Dolores Morehead?
5. How does Bertie feel about seeing Florence?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Florence ask Bertie to take her to a nightclub?
2. What does Percy Gorringe work on in Chapter 1? What does he want from Bertie?
3. Why does Aunt Dahlia want Bertie to come to Brinkley in Chapter 8?
4. Why did Dahlia commission Morehead to write for her newspaper? Why is Bertie curious about their arrangement?
5. Why does Bertie ask Jeeves for a strengthening drink in Chapter 1?
6. Why does Percy's mood change drastically in Chapter 10?
7. What does Uncle Tom tell Bertie in Chapter 11?
8. Why is Bertie excited to see Florence in Chapter 2? What do Stilton and Florence each think of his moustache?
9. What happens at the beginning of Chapter 6?
10. Why does Bertie describe Stilton and Florence's tenuous relationship as 'dangerous'?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the all-knowing aspect of Jeeves' character. Why is this an important trait to have in his profession? How does Jeeves' vast knowledge base help both him and Wooster throughout the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the schemes that take place in the novel, "Jeeves and the Feudal Spirit." Which characters plan and act out schemes? Are these plans successful? Why or why not? Are these plans written in a comedic tone or a serious tone?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the motif of deception. Who deceives whom and why? What tone are these deceptions written in?
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)