|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stilton disapprove of when he meets Bertie?
2. Who telephones Bertie in Chapter 6?
3. How does Bertie describe Florence?
4. What is Percy's surname?
5. What does Florence assure Bertie of when they meet in Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Daphne Dolores Morehead?
2. For what reason does Stilton say his engagement to Florence is off in Chapter 4?
3. Why is Bertie excited to see Florence in Chapter 2? What do Stilton and Florence each think of his moustache?
4. What does Jeeves ask Bertie's permission for in Chapter 8?
5. In Chapter 1, why does Stilton take issue with Bertie having a drink?
6. Why does Bertie agree to take Florence to a night club?
7. Why does Bertie ask Jeeves for a strengthening drink in Chapter 1?
8. Why is Lord Sidcup invited to Brinkley?
9. Why does Aunt Dahlia want Bertie to come to Brinkley in Chapter 8?
10. Why does Aunt Dahlia have the Trotters at Brinkley?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss humor in "Jeeves and the Feudal Spirit." How is humor used? What types of comedy are present? Is the entire novel humorous or does the novel grow darker as it progresses? Overall, is this a humorous novel?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the author of "Jeeves and the Feudal Spirit," P.G. Wodehouse. How is this novel a reflection of his life's work? What other notable work did he create? What is he known for in the literary world?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the tone of the novel. Is it written in a light-hearted and comedic tone? Is it written in a suspenseful and dark tone? Why might Wodehouse have written the novel in this tone?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)