|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Florence temporarily engaged to?
2. What happened when Stilton refused Florence's request in Chapter 4?
3. What writing has Bertie done in the past?
4. What does Dahlia ask Bertie to retrieve on his way to Brinkley?
5. What does Stilton disapprove of when he meets Bertie?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Bertie feel lost at the beginning of the novel?
2. What does Uncle Tom tell Bertie in Chapter 11?
3. Why does Bertie describe Stilton and Florence's tenuous relationship as 'dangerous'?
4. What does Percy Gorringe work on in Chapter 1? What does he want from Bertie?
5. What does Bertie think of his dinner company in Chapter 3?
6. Why is Bertie apprehensive about going to Brinkley?
7. Why does Percy's mood change drastically in Chapter 10?
8. What does Bertie's aunt ask him to do in Chapter 1?
9. In Chapter 1, why does Stilton take issue with Bertie having a drink?
10. Describe Florence Craye.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the character of Wooster. What are his defining character traits? What is his role in the novel? How does he affect the tone and plot of the stories?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the author of "Jeeves and the Feudal Spirit," P.G. Wodehouse. How is this novel a reflection of his life's work? What other notable work did he create? What is he known for in the literary world?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze and interpret the relationship between Jeeves and Wooster. How would one define their relationship? What is their relationship based on? How do they treat one another?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)