|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Bertie uncomfortable at dinner in Chapter 11?
2. Who has Bertie's aunt asked him to entertain in Chapter 1?
3. What does Jeeves ask Bertie's permission to do in Chapter 8?
4. How does the magistrate know Stilton?
5. What does Dahlia ask Bertie to retrieve on his way to Brinkley?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Uncle Tom tell Bertie in Chapter 11?
2. What makes Bertie uncomfortable at dinner in Chapter 11?
3. Why does Bertie feel lost at the beginning of the novel?
4. Why does Bertie describe Stilton and Florence's tenuous relationship as 'dangerous'?
5. Why does Aunt Dahlia want Bertie to come to Brinkley in Chapter 8?
6. Why does Florence call Bertie 'noble' in Chapter 5?
7. For what reason does Stilton say his engagement to Florence is off in Chapter 4?
8. What does Percy Gorringe work on in Chapter 1? What does he want from Bertie?
9. Why is Lord Sidcup invited to Brinkley?
10. Describe Florence Craye.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss love and romance in Wodehouse's novel "Jeeves and the Feudal Spirit." Is romance and love a focus of the novel? Which characters have romantic feelings for one another? How do these characters pursue the object of their affection?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the genre of "Jeeves and the Feudal Spirit." What genre is it and why is it an example of this genre? What are the common elements of this genre? What are some other examples of this genre?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze and interpret the character, Aunt Dahlia. What are her defining character traits? What sort of relationship does she have with Wooster? Is she an important character in the novel? Why or why not?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)