|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What punishment does the magistrate give Bertie?
2. In Chapter 4, what does Stilton say Florence asked him to do?
3. What is recorded in the Junior Ganymede Club's club books?
4. Why does Florence want Bertie to take her out in Chapter 4?
5. What does Bertie think may be the cause of Stilton breaking off his engagement?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Stilton find out about Bertie's nightclub visit?
2. Why does Percy's mood change drastically in Chapter 10?
3. What happens at the beginning of Chapter 6?
4. What makes Bertie uncomfortable at dinner in Chapter 11?
5. What history is there between Florence and Bertie?
6. What does Percy Gorringe work on in Chapter 1? What does he want from Bertie?
7. Why does Bertie describe Stilton and Florence's tenuous relationship as 'dangerous'?
8. What does Bertie's aunt ask him to do in Chapter 1?
9. Why is Bertie excited to see Florence in Chapter 2? What do Stilton and Florence each think of his moustache?
10. Why does Aunt Dahlia have the Trotters at Brinkley?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss love and romance in Wodehouse's novel "Jeeves and the Feudal Spirit." Is romance and love a focus of the novel? Which characters have romantic feelings for one another? How do these characters pursue the object of their affection?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze and interpret the character, Jeeves. Why is he considered the most popular of Wodehouse's characters? What are his defining character traits? Why is he a 'gentleman's hero'? In what ways does Jeeves help Wooster?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the all-knowing aspect of Jeeves' character. Why is this an important trait to have in his profession? How does Jeeves' vast knowledge base help both him and Wooster throughout the novel?
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)