|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 7, what does Stilton say his uncle saw at his house?
2. Who telephones Bertie in Chapter 6?
3. What kind of book does Bertie want to go to bed to read in Chapter 4?
4. How does Bertie feel about seeing Florence?
5. What does Bertie think may be the cause of Stilton breaking off his engagement?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bertie think of his dinner company in Chapter 3?
2. What does Florence accuse Bertie of when she finds him in her room? What does she ask him to do?
3. Why does Bertie feel lost at the beginning of the novel?
4. What does Jeeves ask Bertie's permission for in Chapter 8?
5. What does Percy admit to doing with his mother's necklace in Chapter 21?
6. Why does Percy's mood change drastically in Chapter 10?
7. In Chapter 18, what does Bertie discover when he takes the pearl necklace from the safe to Dahlia?
8. How does Jeeves propose to solve Dahlia and Bertie's predicaments in Chapter 19?
9. Why isn't Bertie worried when he hears Florence is planning their wedding?
10. How does Daphne Dolores Morehead know Stilton? What does Daphne say she hates in Chapter 17?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the character of Wooster. What are his defining character traits? What is his role in the novel? How does he affect the tone and plot of the stories?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss humor in "Jeeves and the Feudal Spirit." How is humor used? What types of comedy are present? Is the entire novel humorous or does the novel grow darker as it progresses? Overall, is this a humorous novel?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss irony in "Jeeves and the Feudal Spirit." What are the three types of irony and what are some examples of each type from the novel?
This section contains 1,357 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)