|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which asset is Dahlia trying to sell to the Trotters?
2. Which of Bertie's aunts has requested he entertain some guests at dinner in Chapter 1?
3. What is Stilton given to drink in Chapter 7?
4. What did Stilton formerly do for a living?
5. What does Bertie do to get arrested in Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Stilton find out about Bertie's nightclub visit?
2. Why does Bertie describe Stilton and Florence's tenuous relationship as 'dangerous'?
3. Why does Florence ask Bertie to take her to a nightclub?
4. Who is Daphne Dolores Morehead?
5. Why does Bertie agree to take Florence to a night club?
6. Why did Dahlia commission Morehead to write for her newspaper? Why is Bertie curious about their arrangement?
7. Why is Bertie apprehensive about going to Brinkley?
8. In Chapter 1, why does Stilton take issue with Bertie having a drink?
9. What does Bertie think of his dinner company in Chapter 3?
10. Why is Lord Sidcup invited to Brinkley?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the motif of loyalty in the novel, "Jeeves and the Feudal Spirit." How does Jeeves show his loyalty to Wooster? How does Wooster show his loyalty to Jeeves? Why are they loyal to one another?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the schemes that take place in the novel, "Jeeves and the Feudal Spirit." Which characters plan and act out schemes? Are these plans successful? Why or why not? Are these plans written in a comedic tone or a serious tone?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze and interpret the character, Jeeves. Why is he considered the most popular of Wodehouse's characters? What are his defining character traits? Why is he a 'gentleman's hero'? In what ways does Jeeves help Wooster?
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)