|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dahlia hand Percy to give to Florence in Chapter 9?
2. What does Bertie joke Jeeves will have to do when he returns home in Chapter 6?
3. Where does Florence ask Bertie to take her?
4. What does Jeeves ask Bertie's permission to do in Chapter 8?
5. Who does Stilton blame for Bertie's moustache?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Percy's mood change drastically in Chapter 10?
2. Why does Aunt Dahlia want Bertie to come to Brinkley in Chapter 8?
3. What history is there between Florence and Bertie?
4. What happens at the beginning of Chapter 6?
5. For what reason does Stilton say his engagement to Florence is off in Chapter 4?
6. Why does Bertie feel lost at the beginning of the novel?
7. What is Stilton's reason for calling off his engagement in Chapter 10?
8. In Chapter 1, why does Stilton take issue with Bertie having a drink?
9. How did Stilton find out about Bertie's nightclub visit?
10. What does Jeeves ask Bertie's permission for in Chapter 8?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss humor in "Jeeves and the Feudal Spirit." How is humor used? What types of comedy are present? Is the entire novel humorous or does the novel grow darker as it progresses? Overall, is this a humorous novel?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze and interpret the character, Aunt Dahlia. What are her defining character traits? What sort of relationship does she have with Wooster? Is she an important character in the novel? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze Wodehouse's use of foreshadowing in the novel ,"Jeeves and the Feudal Spirit." What does he foreshadow throughout the novel? How does this affect the reader's experience and tone of the novel?
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)