|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the establishment Bertie takes Florence to in Chapter 5 described?
2. What does Florence praise Bertie for?
3. What is Bertie unable to get Florence to admit in Chapter 5?
4. Who does Stilton blame for Bertie's moustache?
5. What does Bertie think of Stilton?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Percy's mood change drastically in Chapter 10?
2. How did Stilton find out about Bertie's nightclub visit?
3. Why does Bertie ask Jeeves for a strengthening drink in Chapter 1?
4. Why does Florence ask Bertie to take her to a nightclub?
5. What does Percy Gorringe work on in Chapter 1? What does he want from Bertie?
6. Describe Florence Craye.
7. What does Jeeves ask Bertie's permission for in Chapter 8?
8. Who is Daphne Dolores Morehead?
9. Why did Dahlia commission Morehead to write for her newspaper? Why is Bertie curious about their arrangement?
10. What makes Bertie uncomfortable at dinner in Chapter 11?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the secondary characters in the novel. What are some similarities and differences between the characters? Does Wodehouse pay particular attention to the secondary characters? Is the focus mainly put on the protagonist instead?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss humor in "Jeeves and the Feudal Spirit." How is humor used? What types of comedy are present? Is the entire novel humorous or does the novel grow darker as it progresses? Overall, is this a humorous novel?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the motif of deception. Who deceives whom and why? What tone are these deceptions written in?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)