Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Florence temporarily engaged to?
2. In Chapter 7, what does Stilton say his uncle saw at his house?
3. In Chapter 2, what pleases Stilton about the people Bertie will be dining with?
4. What is Percy's mood like in Chapter 10?
5. In Chapter 4, what does Stilton say Florence asked him to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bertie decide to do at the end of the novel? Why does he do it?
2. Why does Florence hug and kiss Bertie in Chapter 22?
3. Why did Dahlia commission Morehead to write for her newspaper? Why is Bertie curious about their arrangement?
4. In Chapter 18, what does Bertie discover when he takes the pearl necklace from the safe to Dahlia?
5. Describe Florence Craye.
6. What does Florence accuse Bertie of when she finds him in her room? What does she ask him to do?
7. Why does Stilton think Bertie grew his moustache? Who does Stilton blame for the moustache?
8. What does Jeeves realize about Lord Sidcup?
9. What makes Bertie uncomfortable at dinner in Chapter 11?
10. What is Stilton's reason for calling off his engagement in Chapter 10?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the motif of deception. Who deceives whom and why? What tone are these deceptions written in?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze and interpret the relationship between Jeeves and Wooster. How would one define their relationship? What is their relationship based on? How do they treat one another?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss humor in "Jeeves and the Feudal Spirit." How is humor used? What types of comedy are present? Is the entire novel humorous or does the novel grow darker as it progresses? Overall, is this a humorous novel?
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)