|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Florence ask Bertie to take her?
2. What does Bertie joke Jeeves will have to do when he returns home in Chapter 6?
3. What is Florence's and Stilton's relationship?
4. Where does Bertie go when dinner with his guests is over?
5. What does Bertie think may be the cause of Stilton breaking off his engagement?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Bertie feel lost at the beginning of the novel?
2. Who is Daphne Dolores Morehead?
3. Why is Bertie apprehensive about going to Brinkley?
4. What does Bertie think of his dinner company in Chapter 3?
5. In Chapter 1, why does Stilton take issue with Bertie having a drink?
6. Why does Aunt Dahlia want Bertie to come to Brinkley in Chapter 8?
7. For what reason does Stilton say his engagement to Florence is off in Chapter 4?
8. What are the club books?
9. Why does Aunt Dahlia have the Trotters at Brinkley?
10. What does Jeeves ask Bertie's permission for in Chapter 8?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the tone of the novel. Is it written in a light-hearted and comedic tone? Is it written in a suspenseful and dark tone? Why might Wodehouse have written the novel in this tone?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the motif of deception. Who deceives whom and why? What tone are these deceptions written in?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the author of "Jeeves and the Feudal Spirit," P.G. Wodehouse. How is this novel a reflection of his life's work? What other notable work did he create? What is he known for in the literary world?
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)