|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Percy ask Bertie to invest in his play?
2. What does Bertie's uncle notice about Dahloa in Chapter 11?
3. What does Percy do in Chapter 10?
4. How does Florence react when the police arrive in Chapter 5?
5. What does Bertie joke Jeeves will have to do when he returns home in Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bertie think of his dinner company in Chapter 3?
2. What does Percy Gorringe work on in Chapter 1? What does he want from Bertie?
3. For what reason does Stilton say his engagement to Florence is off in Chapter 4?
4. Who is Daphne Dolores Morehead?
5. What does Uncle Tom tell Bertie in Chapter 11?
6. Why does Percy's mood change drastically in Chapter 10?
7. Why does Bertie describe Stilton and Florence's tenuous relationship as 'dangerous'?
8. What does Bertie's aunt ask him to do in Chapter 1?
9. Why does Bertie agree to take Florence to a night club?
10. Why did Dahlia commission Morehead to write for her newspaper? Why is Bertie curious about their arrangement?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the schemes that take place in the novel, "Jeeves and the Feudal Spirit." Which characters plan and act out schemes? Are these plans successful? Why or why not? Are these plans written in a comedic tone or a serious tone?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the motif of marriage in the novel, "Jeeves and the Feudal Spirit." Why doesn't Wooster wish to marry? Who seeks marriage in the novel? How is marriage viewed by the characters?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze and interpret the character, Jeeves. Why is he considered the most popular of Wodehouse's characters? What are his defining character traits? Why is he a 'gentleman's hero'? In what ways does Jeeves help Wooster?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)