|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bertie do to get arrested in Chapter 5?
2. What punishment does the magistrate give Bertie?
3. How does Florence feel about her engagement being called-off?
4. What does Florence call Bertie in Chapter 5?
5. What finally persuades Bertie to go to Brinkley?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Florence Craye.
2. What history is there between Florence and Bertie?
3. Why does Mrs. Trotter change her mind about her husband being knighted in Chapter 20?
4. What does Jeeves suggest is done to solve Dahlia's problem in Chapter 12?
5. What puts Dahlia in a happy mood in Chapter 22?
6. How does Jeeves propose to solve Dahlia and Bertie's predicaments in Chapter 19?
7. What does Jeeves ask Bertie's permission for in Chapter 8?
8. What happens at the beginning of Chapter 6?
9. What are the club books?
10. How did Stilton find out about Bertie's nightclub visit?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the motif of social class in the novel. What social class does Wooster belong to? What social class does Jeeves belong to? How does social rank affect the relationship between Jeeves and Wooster?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze and interpret the relationship between Jeeves and Wooster. How would one define their relationship? What is their relationship based on? How do they treat one another?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the all-knowing aspect of Jeeves' character. Why is this an important trait to have in his profession? How does Jeeves' vast knowledge base help both him and Wooster throughout the novel?
This section contains 1,358 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)