|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What writing has Bertie done in the past?
2. What is the woman like that Bertie dines with in Chapter 3?
3. What is Bertie doing at the opening of the novel?
4. What is Brinkley?
5. How does Florence react when the police arrive in Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Bertie agree to take Florence to a night club?
2. What are the club books?
3. For what reason does Stilton say his engagement to Florence is off in Chapter 4?
4. Who is Daphne Dolores Morehead?
5. Why does Bertie feel lost at the beginning of the novel?
6. What does Bertie's aunt ask him to do in Chapter 1?
7. How did Stilton find out about Bertie's nightclub visit?
8. Why does Bertie describe Stilton and Florence's tenuous relationship as 'dangerous'?
9. What happens at the beginning of Chapter 6?
10. Why is Bertie apprehensive about going to Brinkley?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the motif of social class in the novel. What social class does Wooster belong to? What social class does Jeeves belong to? How does social rank affect the relationship between Jeeves and Wooster?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the tone of the novel. Is it written in a light-hearted and comedic tone? Is it written in a suspenseful and dark tone? Why might Wodehouse have written the novel in this tone?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the motif of wealth in the novel, "Jeeves and the Feudal Spirit." What role does money and wealth play in the novel? How does money affect Jeeves in his position and relationship with Wooster? How does money cause problems for the different characters in the novel?
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)