|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 7, what does Stilton say his uncle saw at his house?
2. How are Bertie's evening guests characterized by Bertie's aunt?
3. What does Bertie notice out of the corner of his eye while speaking on the phone?
4. What state is Bertie in as he dresses for dinner in Chapter 11?
5. What does Bertie joke Jeeves will have to do when he returns home in Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Florence ask Bertie to take her to a nightclub?
2. Why does Florence call Bertie 'noble' in Chapter 5?
3. What does Uncle Tom tell Bertie in Chapter 11?
4. For what reason does Stilton say his engagement to Florence is off in Chapter 4?
5. Why is Lord Sidcup invited to Brinkley?
6. Why does Bertie agree to take Florence to a night club?
7. Why does Aunt Dahlia have the Trotters at Brinkley?
8. Why does Aunt Dahlia want Bertie to come to Brinkley in Chapter 8?
9. What happens at the nightclub when the police show up?
10. What are the club books?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the motif of deception. Who deceives whom and why? What tone are these deceptions written in?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the character of Wooster. What are his defining character traits? What is his role in the novel? How does he affect the tone and plot of the stories?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the schemes that take place in the novel, "Jeeves and the Feudal Spirit." Which characters plan and act out schemes? Are these plans successful? Why or why not? Are these plans written in a comedic tone or a serious tone?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)