|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the men drink after dinner in Chapter 11?
2. What does Bertie think may be the cause of Stilton breaking off his engagement?
3. What is Percy's surname?
4. Why doesn't Bertie want to go to Brinkley?
5. What does Florence praise Bertie for?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Dahlia commission Morehead to write for her newspaper? Why is Bertie curious about their arrangement?
2. How did Stilton find out about Bertie's nightclub visit?
3. Why does Aunt Dahlia have the Trotters at Brinkley?
4. What is Stilton's reason for calling off his engagement in Chapter 10?
5. Why is Bertie apprehensive about going to Brinkley?
6. Why does Florence call Bertie 'noble' in Chapter 5?
7. What does Bertie think of his dinner company in Chapter 3?
8. What does Percy Gorringe work on in Chapter 1? What does he want from Bertie?
9. What does Uncle Tom tell Bertie in Chapter 11?
10. What history is there between Florence and Bertie?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the secondary characters in the novel. What are some similarities and differences between the characters? Does Wodehouse pay particular attention to the secondary characters? Is the focus mainly put on the protagonist instead?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze and interpret the character, Jeeves. Why is he considered the most popular of Wodehouse's characters? What are his defining character traits? Why is he a 'gentleman's hero'? In what ways does Jeeves help Wooster?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss love and romance in Wodehouse's novel "Jeeves and the Feudal Spirit." Is romance and love a focus of the novel? Which characters have romantic feelings for one another? How do these characters pursue the object of their affection?
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)