|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bertie's uncle notice about Dahloa in Chapter 11?
2. What does Dahlia hand Percy to give to Florence in Chapter 9?
3. What is Percy's mood like in Chapter 10?
4. What finally persuades Bertie to go to Brinkley?
5. What does Bertie joke Jeeves will have to do when he returns home in Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Stilton find out about Bertie's nightclub visit?
2. What does Jeeves ask Bertie's permission for in Chapter 8?
3. What does Bertie's aunt ask him to do in Chapter 1?
4. What makes Bertie uncomfortable at dinner in Chapter 11?
5. Who is Daphne Dolores Morehead?
6. What happens at the beginning of Chapter 6?
7. Why does Bertie describe Stilton and Florence's tenuous relationship as 'dangerous'?
8. Why does Florence ask Bertie to take her to a nightclub?
9. Why does Florence call Bertie 'noble' in Chapter 5?
10. Why did Dahlia commission Morehead to write for her newspaper? Why is Bertie curious about their arrangement?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the motif of social class in the novel. What social class does Wooster belong to? What social class does Jeeves belong to? How does social rank affect the relationship between Jeeves and Wooster?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the tone of the novel. Is it written in a light-hearted and comedic tone? Is it written in a suspenseful and dark tone? Why might Wodehouse have written the novel in this tone?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the all-knowing aspect of Jeeves' character. Why is this an important trait to have in his profession? How does Jeeves' vast knowledge base help both him and Wooster throughout the novel?
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)