|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Percy's surname?
2. What does Bertie's uncle notice about Dahloa in Chapter 11?
3. What makes Bertie uncomfortable at dinner in Chapter 11?
4. Where does Bertie go when dinner with his guests is over?
5. Why does Bertie need courage to face Jeeves in Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens at the nightclub when the police show up?
2. Why did Dahlia commission Morehead to write for her newspaper? Why is Bertie curious about their arrangement?
3. What does Mrs. Trotter demand of Dahlia in Chapter 19?
4. What does Bertie decide to do at the end of the novel? Why does he do it?
5. What happens at the beginning of Chapter 6?
6. In Chapter 18, what does Bertie discover when he takes the pearl necklace from the safe to Dahlia?
7. Why does Bertie describe Stilton and Florence's tenuous relationship as 'dangerous'?
8. Where does Bertie find himself after climbing through a bedroom window? What does Bertie think Dahlia has done?
9. Why does Florence ask Bertie to take her to a nightclub?
10. Why does Bertie feel lost at the beginning of the novel?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the tone of the novel. Is it written in a light-hearted and comedic tone? Is it written in a suspenseful and dark tone? Why might Wodehouse have written the novel in this tone?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss irony in "Jeeves and the Feudal Spirit." What are the three types of irony and what are some examples of each type from the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze and interpret the character, Aunt Dahlia. What are her defining character traits? What sort of relationship does she have with Wooster? Is she an important character in the novel? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,418 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)