Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Florence temporarily engaged to?
2. In Chapter 7, what does Stilton say his uncle saw at his house?
3. In Chapter 2, what pleases Stilton about the people Bertie will be dining with?
4. What is Percy's mood like in Chapter 10?
5. In Chapter 4, what does Stilton say Florence asked him to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bertie decide to do at the end of the novel? Why does he do it?
2. Why does Florence hug and kiss Bertie in Chapter 22?
3. Why did Dahlia commission Morehead to write for her newspaper? Why is Bertie curious about their arrangement?
4. In Chapter 18, what does Bertie discover when he takes the pearl necklace from the safe to Dahlia?
5. Describe Florence Craye.
6. What does Florence accuse Bertie of when she finds him in her room? What does she ask him to do?
7. Why does Stilton think Bertie grew his moustache? Who does Stilton blame for the moustache?
8. What does Jeeves realize about Lord Sidcup?
9. What makes Bertie uncomfortable at dinner in Chapter 11?
10. What is Stilton's reason for calling off his engagement in Chapter 10?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss love and romance in Wodehouse's novel "Jeeves and the Feudal Spirit." Is romance and love a focus of the novel? Which characters have romantic feelings for one another? How do these characters pursue the object of their affection?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the genre of "Jeeves and the Feudal Spirit." What genre is it and why is it an example of this genre? What are the common elements of this genre? What are some other examples of this genre?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the motif of friendship in "Jeeves and the Feudal Spirit." How is friendship depicted in the novel? What are some examples of friendship?
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)