|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of book does Bertie want to go to bed to read in Chapter 4?
(a) An adventure story.
(b) A ghost story.
(c) A romance.
(d) A mystery.
2. What does Dahlia ask Bertie to retrieve on his way to Brinkley?
(a) Her pearl necklace.
(b) A copy of the newspaper.
(c) Her dry cleaning.
(d) Some books from the bookshop.
3. What is Florence's surname?
4. What part of Bertie does Florence say Stilton intends to break in five places?
(a) His legs.
(b) His rib cage.
(c) His neck.
(d) His spine.
5. Where does Bertie find his uncle in Chapter 11?
(a) In the kitchen.
(b) In his study.
(c) In the hallway.
(d) In the gardens.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bertie think of Stilton?
2. What does Bertie think about Stilton and Florence's relationship?
3. Why is Bertie feeling lost in Chapter 1?
4. How does Florence react when the police arrive in Chapter 5?
5. What does Percy do in Chapter 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the club books?
2. What does Bertie's aunt ask him to do in Chapter 1?
3. What does Uncle Tom tell Bertie in Chapter 11?
4. In Chapter 1, why does Stilton take issue with Bertie having a drink?
5. What happens at the nightclub when the police show up?
6. Why does Bertie describe Stilton and Florence's tenuous relationship as 'dangerous'?
7. What happens at the beginning of Chapter 6?
8. Why does Aunt Dahlia have the Trotters at Brinkley?
9. Why does Bertie feel lost at the beginning of the novel?
10. How did Stilton find out about Bertie's nightclub visit?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)