|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What punishment does the magistrate give Bertie?
(a) Bertie must do service at an old age home.
(b) Bertie must apologize to the police.
(c) Bertie must spend two days in jail.
(d) Bertie must pay a fine.
2. What happened when Stilton refused Florence's request in Chapter 4?
(a) She threw a hissy fit.
(b) She broke off their engagement.
(c) She was impressed Stilton stood up for himself.
(d) She slapped Stilton.
3. What does Dahlia blame Mrs. Trotter for?
(a) Preventing Dahlia's husband from receiving knighthood.
(b) Ruining her dinner party the previous evening.
(c) Upsetting Percy.
(d) Delaying the sale of Dahlia's asset.
4. Why does Dahlia come to Bertie's room looking for Jeeves in Chapter 11?
(a) Because she is in a jam and only Jeeves can help her.
(b) Because she wants to hire Jeeves to work for her.
(c) Because she needs Jeeves to retrieve something from London.
(d) Because she suspects Jeeves of stealing.
5. How is the establishment Bertie takes Florence to in Chapter 5 described?
(a) As lifeless.
(b) As crowded.
(c) As elegant.
(d) As seedy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Bertie feeling lost in Chapter 1?
2. What finally persuades Bertie to go to Brinkley?
3. In Chapter 8, what does Aunt Dahlia report about Percy?
4. What does Bertie think may be the cause of Stilton breaking off his engagement?
5. How does the magistrate know Stilton?
Short Essay Questions
1. For what reason does Stilton say his engagement to Florence is off in Chapter 4?
2. Why is Bertie apprehensive about going to Brinkley?
3. What are the club books?
4. Why does Aunt Dahlia want Bertie to come to Brinkley in Chapter 8?
5. What happens at the nightclub when the police show up?
6. Why does Florence ask Bertie to take her to a nightclub?
7. Why does Bertie describe Stilton and Florence's tenuous relationship as 'dangerous'?
8. Why does Aunt Dahlia have the Trotters at Brinkley?
9. Who is Daphne Dolores Morehead?
10. Why did Dahlia commission Morehead to write for her newspaper? Why is Bertie curious about their arrangement?
This section contains 846 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)