|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bertie think may be the cause of Stilton breaking off his engagement?
(a) The moustache Florence wants Stilton to grow.
(b) Stilton dislikes Florence's family.
(c) Stilton thinks Florence and Bertie are having an affair.
(d) Stilton thinks Florence and Percy are having an affair.
2. Who telephones Bertie in Chapter 6?
(a) Aunt Agatha.
3. What is the name of the establishment Bertie takes Florence to in Chapter 5?
(a) The Mottled Oyster.
(b) The Lion's Roar.
(c) The Anglers' Rest.
(d) The Drone's Club.
4. What is Lord Sidcup well informed about?
5. What writing has Bertie done in the past?
(a) A humorous novella.
(b) A play Percy produced.
(c) Articles for his Aunt's newspaper.
(d) Articles for his university's magazine.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the magistrate know Stilton?
2. What does Percy do in Chapter 10?
3. How does Florence feel about her engagement being called-off?
4. What does Florence assure Bertie of when they meet in Chapter 3?
5. Why does Bertie need courage to face Jeeves in Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Aunt Dahlia have the Trotters at Brinkley?
2. Why does Bertie describe Stilton and Florence's tenuous relationship as 'dangerous'?
3. What makes Bertie uncomfortable at dinner in Chapter 11?
4. Why did Dahlia commission Morehead to write for her newspaper? Why is Bertie curious about their arrangement?
5. What does Jeeves ask Bertie's permission for in Chapter 8?
6. Why does Bertie ask Jeeves for a strengthening drink in Chapter 1?
7. Why is Lord Sidcup invited to Brinkley?
8. Why is Bertie apprehensive about going to Brinkley?
9. What does Percy Gorringe work on in Chapter 1? What does he want from Bertie?
10. Why does Florence ask Bertie to take her to a nightclub?
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)