|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bertie's uncle say about the Trotters?
(a) That he is entertained by them.
(b) That he admires them.
(c) That he despises them.
(d) That he doesn't understand a word they say.
2. What does Dahlia ask Bertie to retrieve on his way to Brinkley?
(a) Some books from the bookshop.
(b) A copy of the newspaper.
(c) Her dry cleaning.
(d) Her pearl necklace.
3. What is the name of the establishment Bertie takes Florence to in Chapter 5?
(a) The Mottled Oyster.
(b) The Anglers' Rest.
(c) The Lion's Roar.
(d) The Drone's Club.
4. What does Dahlia hand Percy to give to Florence in Chapter 9?
(a) A telegram.
(b) A bouquet of wildflowers.
(c) A party invitation.
(d) A brithday card.
5. How did Dahlia acquire her booming voice?
(a) From being hard of hearing.
(b) From working in music halls.
(c) From living in a huge house.
(d) From years of hunting.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Bertie feeling lost in Chapter 1?
2. What does Dahlia blame Mrs. Trotter for?
3. In Chapter 8, what does Aunt Dahlia report about Percy?
4. Who was Florence temporarily engaged to?
5. Why doesn't Bertie want to go to Brinkley?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Bertie apprehensive about going to Brinkley?
2. Describe Florence Craye.
3. Why does Bertie feel lost at the beginning of the novel?
4. Why does Florence call Bertie 'noble' in Chapter 5?
5. What makes Bertie uncomfortable at dinner in Chapter 11?
6. In Chapter 1, why does Stilton take issue with Bertie having a drink?
7. What is Stilton's reason for calling off his engagement in Chapter 10?
8. Why does Bertie ask Jeeves for a strengthening drink in Chapter 1?
9. Why is Lord Sidcup invited to Brinkley?
10. For what reason does Stilton say his engagement to Florence is off in Chapter 4?
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)