|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Stilton's surname?
2. What state is Bertie in as he dresses for dinner in Chapter 11?
3. What makes Bertie uncomfortable at dinner in Chapter 11?
(a) Florence's flirtatiousness.
(b) Percy's sulking.
(c) Having to stare at Stilton.
(d) Dahlia saying that Bertie should get married.
4. Who does Dahlia send from the dining room after dinner in Chapter 11?
(a) The younger dinner guests.
(b) The women.
(c) The servants.
(d) The men.
5. Which magistrate is Bertie taken before in Chapter 6?
(a) The High Street magistrate.
(b) The Vintage Street magistrate.
(c) The Vaultridge Street magistrate.
(d) The Holly Street magistrate.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 7, what does Stilton say his uncle saw at his house?
2. Why is Bertie feeling lost in Chapter 1?
3. Who has Bertie's aunt asked him to entertain in Chapter 1?
4. How are Bertie's evening guests characterized by Bertie's aunt?
5. In Chapter 8, what does Aunt Dahlia report about Percy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the club books?
2. Why does Bertie feel lost at the beginning of the novel?
3. Why did Dahlia commission Morehead to write for her newspaper? Why is Bertie curious about their arrangement?
4. Why does Percy's mood change drastically in Chapter 10?
5. What does Bertie's aunt ask him to do in Chapter 1?
6. Why does Bertie ask Jeeves for a strengthening drink in Chapter 1?
7. For what reason does Stilton say his engagement to Florence is off in Chapter 4?
8. Why does Stilton think Bertie grew his moustache? Who does Stilton blame for the moustache?
9. Why does Florence ask Bertie to take her to a nightclub?
10. Why does Bertie describe Stilton and Florence's tenuous relationship as 'dangerous'?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)