|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Bertie feel about seeing Florence?
2. What does Bertie notice out of the corner of his eye while speaking on the phone?
(a) That Stilton is looking through Bertie's pockets.
(b) That Dahlia is standing at his door.
(c) That Jeeves is mixing multiple drinks.
(d) That Stilton has arrived.
3. How does the magistrate know Stilton?
(a) The magistrate is Stilton's grandfather.
(b) The magistrate is Stilton's brother.
(c) The magistrate is Stilton's uncle.
(d) The magistrate is Stilton's father.
4. What does Jeeves ask Bertie's permission to do in Chapter 8?
(a) Attend the Junior Ganymede Club luncheon.
(b) To drive the car to Brinkley.
(c) Speak to Percy about his problems.
(d) Remain at Bertie's flat while he is at Brinkley.
5. What is the name of the establishment Bertie takes Florence to in Chapter 5?
(a) The Mottled Oyster.
(b) The Anglers' Rest.
(c) The Lion's Roar.
(d) The Drone's Club.
Short Answer Questions
1. What finally persuades Bertie to go to Brinkley?
2. What does Bertie's uncle notice about Dahloa in Chapter 11?
3. Where does Jeeves intend to go while Bertie is out for dinner?
4. What does Bertie find Jeeves doing when he returns home in Chapter 4?
5. What is Bertie unable to get Florence to admit in Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Dahlia commission Morehead to write for her newspaper? Why is Bertie curious about their arrangement?
2. In Chapter 1, why does Stilton take issue with Bertie having a drink?
3. Why does Percy's mood change drastically in Chapter 10?
4. What does Mrs. Trotter demand of Dahlia in Chapter 19?
5. How does Jeeves prevent Mr. Trotter from leaving Brinkley in Chapter 21?
6. How does Jeeves explain being in possession of Mrs. Trotter's necklace?
7. What does Bertie decide to do at the end of the novel? Why does he do it?
8. Why does Bertie describe Stilton and Florence's tenuous relationship as 'dangerous'?
9. When Percy and Florence discuss their finances in Chapter 22, what secret does Percy reveal?
10. Why is Dahlia distraught when Bertie arrives back at Brinkley in Chapter 16?
This section contains 839 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)