|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Florence react when the police arrive in Chapter 5?
(a) Florence hides under the table.
(b) Forence turns Bertie over to the police.
(c) Florence takes charge and tells the police what to do.
(d) Florence runs away.
2. What does Bertie find Jeeves doing when he returns home in Chapter 4?
(a) Organizing the mail.
(b) Fixing Bertie a drink.
(c) Speaking to Dahlia on the telephone.
(d) Refusing Percy's request for money.
3. What does Bertie notice out of the corner of his eye while speaking on the phone?
(a) That Dahlia is standing at his door.
(b) That Stilton is looking through Bertie's pockets.
(c) That Stilton has arrived.
(d) That Jeeves is mixing multiple drinks.
4. What does Bertie's uncle say about the Trotters?
(a) That he despises them.
(b) That he doesn't understand a word they say.
(c) That he admires them.
(d) That he is entertained by them.
5. What does Bertie's uncle notice about Dahloa in Chapter 11?
(a) She is running out of money.
(b) She is acting strangely.
(c) She has been crying.
(d) She looks faint.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the magistrate know Stilton?
2. What does Bertie receive from his aunt in Chapter 8?
3. What do the men drink after dinner in Chapter 11?
4. What does Dahlia hand Percy to give to Florence in Chapter 9?
5. Which magistrate is Bertie taken before in Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Aunt Dahlia want Bertie to come to Brinkley in Chapter 8?
2. Why does Aunt Dahlia have the Trotters at Brinkley?
3. For what reason does Stilton say his engagement to Florence is off in Chapter 4?
4. Who is Daphne Dolores Morehead?
5. What does Jeeves ask Bertie's permission for in Chapter 8?
6. Why does Percy's mood change drastically in Chapter 10?
7. Why does Bertie feel lost at the beginning of the novel?
8. In Chapter 1, why does Stilton take issue with Bertie having a drink?
9. What are the club books?
10. What does Percy Gorringe work on in Chapter 1? What does he want from Bertie?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)