|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are Bertie's evening guests characterized by Bertie's aunt?
(a) As arrogant.
(b) As excitable.
(c) As reclusive.
(d) As boring.
2. How does Florence react when the police arrive in Chapter 5?
(a) Florence takes charge and tells the police what to do.
(b) Florence hides under the table.
(c) Florence runs away.
(d) Forence turns Bertie over to the police.
3. Where does Bertie go when dinner with his guests is over?
(a) To the Pelican Club.
(b) To his flat.
(c) To the Drones Club.
(d) To the Junior Ganymede Club.
4. What does Bertie find Jeeves doing when he returns home in Chapter 4?
(a) Speaking to Dahlia on the telephone.
(b) Refusing Percy's request for money.
(c) Fixing Bertie a drink.
(d) Organizing the mail.
5. What does Stilton threaten to do to Bertie in Chapter 4?
(a) Break Bertie's arm.
(b) Break Bertie's leg.
(c) Break Bertie's back.
(d) Break Bertie's neck.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bertie's uncle say about the Trotters?
2. Why does Dahlia come to Bertie's room looking for Jeeves in Chapter 11?
3. What does Bertie do to get arrested in Chapter 5?
4. What does Jeeves ask Bertie's permission to do in Chapter 8?
5. How does the magistrate know Stilton?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Florence ask Bertie to take her to a nightclub?
2. Why does Bertie feel lost at the beginning of the novel?
3. Why does Percy's mood change drastically in Chapter 10?
4. For what reason does Stilton say his engagement to Florence is off in Chapter 4?
5. What happens at the beginning of Chapter 6?
6. What makes Bertie uncomfortable at dinner in Chapter 11?
7. What happens at the nightclub when the police show up?
8. What does Uncle Tom tell Bertie in Chapter 11?
9. Why did Dahlia commission Morehead to write for her newspaper? Why is Bertie curious about their arrangement?
10. What does Percy Gorringe work on in Chapter 1? What does he want from Bertie?
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)