|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What horrors does L.G. Trotter lament about in Chapter 20?
(a) The horrors of marriage.
(b) The horrors of business.
(c) The horrors of country life.
(d) The horrors of old age.
2. What is Florence's mood like in Chapter 22?
(a) Florence is content.
(b) Florence is giddy.
(c) Florence is angry.
(d) Florence is distraught.
3. What item did Dahlia pawn?
(a) A silver tea set.
(b) A pearl necklace.
(c) A diamond bracelet.
(d) A gold watch.
4. What does Florence recall seeing Bertie buy?
(a) A ring.
(b) A chess set.
(c) A top hat.
(d) Her novel.
5. Who witnesses Bertie and Florence hugging in Chapter 22?
6. How does Stilton act toward Bertie at breakfast in Chapter 20?
(d) With concern.
7. Why is Dahlia happy when she appears at the end of Chapter 22?
(a) She fired her cook.
(b) She retrieved her lost necklace.
(c) Tom has been offered a knighthood.
(d) She sold her newspaper.
8. Whose husband does Mrs. Trotter say has been knighted?
(a) Mrs. Chugwater's.
(b) Mrs. Winkworth's.
(c) Mrs. Paradene's.
(d) Mrs. Blenkinsop's.
9. What does Jeeves have extensive knowledge of?
(a) The publishing industry.
(d) Perrenial plants.
10. What does Bertie notice is open at the end of Chapter 17?
(a) A second-floor window.
(b) All of the drawers and cupboards in Dahlia's room.
(c) The safe.
(d) The front door.
11. What does Dahlia drop in Chapter 20?
(a) A jewelry box.
(b) A book.
(c) A hat.
(d) A coffee tray.
12. Where does Florence hide Bertie when Stilton knocks at the door?
(a) Under the bed.
(b) Behind the curtain.
(c) On the balcony.
(d) In the closet.
13. Who does Dahlia kick out of the room in Chapter 16?
14. What did Dahlia do before she pawned her possessions?
(a) Staged a robbery.
(b) Had a replica made.
(c) Had it appraised by an antique dealer.
(d) Sent it to be cleaned.
15. What does Jeeves suggest they do to solve Dahlia's problem?
(a) Stage a robbery.
(b) Blackmail Mr. Trotter.
(c) Borrow some money from Percy.
(d) Confess the truth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Trotter ask Dahlia to give her if she wants the newspaper sale to go through.
2. When Bertie climbs into one of the bedrooms, what does he bump into?
3. What does Bertie ask Florence use to lower him out of the window?
4. What does Bertie imagine at the beginning of Chapter 19?
5. What did Jeeves believe of the necklace when he found it?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)