|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Trotter ask Dahlia to give her if she wants the newspaper sale to go through.
(a) Her painting by John Constable.
(b) Her chef, Anatole.
(c) An investment for Percy's play.
(d) Her pearl necklace.
2. How does Florence suggest Bertie escape from Stilton?
(a) By jumping out the window.
(b) By climbing into the attic.
(c) By going down the laundry chute.
(d) By climbing onto the roof.
3. Who does Dahlia kick out of the room in Chapter 16?
4. What does Florence recall Dahlia said about Bertie?
(a) Horrible things.
(b) Ridiculous things.
(c) Unbelieveable things.
(d) Sweet things.
5. What offer does Mr. Trotter reject in Chapter 19?
(a) Jeeves' offer to make him a drink.
(b) An offer to run an office in America.
(c) Dahlia's offer to sell the newspaper for a lower price.
(d) An offer of knighthood.
6. Why did Dahlia pawn one of her possessions?
(a) To pay her cook's salary.
(b) To invest in Percy's play.
(c) To pay for Morehead's serial.
(d) To pay off gambling debts.
7. For what reason does Bertie say Stilton can't hurt him?
(a) Bertie would have Stilton arrested.
(b) They are partners for darts.
(c) Florence would never taken Stilton back if he did.
(d) They are guests at Brinkley.
8. What does Florence ask Bertie to do after he climbs into her room?
(a) Read her some poetry.
(b) Make friends with Stilton.
(c) Kiss her.
(d) Bring her a cup of tea.
9. What does Percy say his mother gave him her necklace for?
(a) To have it appraised.
(b) To have it cleaned.
(c) To pawn it.
(d) To have it put in her safety deposit box.
10. What has attracted Florence to her new love in Chapter 22?
(a) His moustache.
(b) His soul.
(c) His wit.
(d) His wealth.
11. Why does Florence hug and kiss Bertie in Chapter 22?
(a) Because Bertie calls her 'a great gal.'
(b) Because Bertie agrees to marry Florence.
(c) Because Bertie releases her from their engagement.
(d) Because Bertie says he will invest in Percy's play.
12. Why is Dahlia distraught in Chapter 16?
(a) Mr.Trotter is ill.
(b) She found out Bertie refuses to marry Florence.
(c) Her misdeed has been discovered by her husband.
(d) She has not been able to blackmail Spode.
13. Why is Percy wealthy?
(a) He bets on horses.
(b) He writes plays.
(c) He writes mystery novels.
(d) He sells women's underwear.
14. Who does Mrs. Trotter rise to call in Chapter 21?
(a) Her lawyer.
(b) Mr. Trotter.
(d) The police.
15. What does Daphne say she hates in Chapter 17?
(b) Mystery novels.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Stilton want to hurt Bertie anymore in Chapter 20?
2. How does Daphne recognize Stilton?
3. How much does Mr. Trotter claim to have paid for the necklace?
4. What does Bertie talk about with L.G. Totter in Chapter 18?
5. Who credits Seppings with finding the pearl necklace?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)