|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who owns the necklace Bertie has in his possession?
2. What does Bertie imagine at the beginning of Chapter 19?
(a) Being questioned by the police.
(b) Jeeves being thrown in jail.
(c) Having to marry Florence.
(d) Being disowned by his family.
3. Where did Jeeves gain his knowledge about jewelry?
(a) By working at a jewelry shop.
(b) By studying under a cousin.
(c) By studying under an aunt.
(d) By having bought a lot of jewely for previous employers.
4. Why doesn't Stilton want to hurt Bertie anymore in Chapter 20?
(a) Stilton is back together with Florence.
(b) Stilton is happy to be free from Florence.
(c) Stilton feels sorry for Bertie.
(d) Stilton has been paid a bribe by Jeeves.
5. Who tells Dahlia and Bertie about the robbery in Chapter 19?
6. What does Dahlia tend to do when in a crisis?
(a) Put blame on her servants.
(b) Throw things.
7. What does Dahlia do in Chapter 21, which Bertie says "must have taken a bit of doing"?
(a) Faked fainting.
(b) Made her face turn red with anger.
(c) Raised her eyebrows.
(d) Pushed Mrs. Trotter out of the way.
8. Where does Jeeves go in Chapter 15?
(a) Blandings Castle.
(d) The Drone's Club.
9. What does Bertie talk about with L.G. Totter in Chapter 18?
10. How does Florence suggest Bertie escape from Stilton?
(a) By jumping out the window.
(b) By climbing onto the roof.
(c) By going down the laundry chute.
(d) By climbing into the attic.
11. What does Tom declare to Bertie and Dahlia in Chapter 14?
(a) That he is bankrupt.
(b) That there is a robber in the area.
(c) That theTrotters are leaving Brinkley.
(d) That the police have been called.
12. What does Florence ask Bertie to do after he climbs into her room?
(a) Bring her a cup of tea.
(b) Make friends with Stilton.
(c) Read her some poetry.
(d) Kiss her.
13. What skill do Dahlia and Bertie hope Jeeves possesses in Chapter 14?
(a) Jewelry making.
(b) Mind reading.
(d) Smoke signaling.
14. Who credits Seppings with finding the pearl necklace?
15. What does Jeeves offer Mr. Trotter?
(a) A stomach-soothing drink.
(b) To drive Percy back to London.
(c) A cigar.
(d) To fetch him some medicine.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Florence hug and kiss Bertie in Chapter 22?
2. What does Spode believe happened to him in Chapter 18?
3. What did Aunt Dahlia do to Spode in Chapter 18?
4. Where are the Trotters from?
5. What does Bertie say he is not known for in Chapter 21?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)