|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mrs. Trotter rise to call in Chapter 21?
(a) Mr. Trotter.
(b) The police.
(d) Her lawyer.
2. Where does Jeeves say he found the necklace?
(a) In the hallway.
(b) Outside in the courtyard.
(c) Under his bed.
(d) In the kitchen.
3. When Bertie climbs into one of the bedrooms, what does he bump into?
(a) A bed.
(b) A rocking chair.
(c) A vase.
(d) A table.
4. Why did Dahlia pawn one of her possessions?
(a) To invest in Percy's play.
(b) To pay her cook's salary.
(c) To pay for Morehead's serial.
(d) To pay off gambling debts.
5. Why does Florence hug and kiss Bertie in Chapter 22?
(a) Because Bertie says he will invest in Percy's play.
(b) Because Bertie releases her from their engagement.
(c) Because Bertie calls her 'a great gal.'
(d) Because Bertie agrees to marry Florence.
6. What does Stilton say he now knows in Chapter 20?
(a) That he shouldn't have come to Brinkley.
(b) That Bertie doesn't like Florence.
(c) What love is.
(d) That Florence never liked him.
7. How does Stilton act toward Bertie at breakfast in Chapter 20?
(c) With concern.
8. Why does Bertie decide to make a change to his appearance in Chapter 22?
(a) To stop women from falling in love with him.
(b) To stop older gentlemen from glaring at him.
(c) To irritate Jeeves.
(d) To appeal to women.
9. What does Bertie say he is not known for in Chapter 21?
(a) Giving up.
(c) Being sensible.
(d) Telling jokes.
10. Who tells Dahlia and Bertie about the robbery in Chapter 19?
11. Where are the Trotters from?
12. What excuse does Bertie give Florence for climbing into her room?
(a) He spotted a robber climbing the ladder.
(b) Percy dared him to do it.
(c) He thought it was Stilton's room.
(d) He locked himself out of the house.
13. Who interrupts the chase between Bertie and Stilton in Chapter 17?
14. What does Tom declare to Bertie and Dahlia in Chapter 14?
(a) That the police have been called.
(b) That there is a robber in the area.
(c) That theTrotters are leaving Brinkley.
(d) That he is bankrupt.
15. After finding Bertie in her room, what does Florence accuse him of?
(a) Sneaking in to steal her jewelry.
(b) Sneaking in to steal a kiss.
(c) Sneaking in to attack Stilton.
(d) Sneaking in to start a fire.
Short Answer Questions
1. What weapon does Bertie ask Jeeves for in Chapter 16?
2. What does Mrs. Trotter accuse Jeeves of in Chapter 21?
3. What does Bertie notice is open at the end of Chapter 17?
4. What does Bertie decide to change about his appearance in Chapter 22?
5. What does Florence ask Bertie to do after he climbs into her room?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)