|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What falls on Bertie's head in Chapter 13?
(a) A book.
(b) A curtain rod.
(d) A picture frame.
2. What does Tom declare to Bertie and Dahlia in Chapter 14?
(a) That theTrotters are leaving Brinkley.
(b) That there is a robber in the area.
(c) That the police have been called.
(d) That he is bankrupt.
3. Who does Mrs. Trotter rise to call in Chapter 21?
(a) Mr. Trotter.
(b) The police.
(d) Her lawyer.
4. In regards to Bertie, what does Florence admit she likes the idea of doing?
(a) Dedicating a book to him.
(b) Cooking for him.
(c) Molding him.
(d) Marrying him.
5. What is Florence's mood like in Chapter 22?
(a) Florence is distraught.
(b) Florence is angry.
(c) Florence is content.
(d) Florence is giddy.
6. What does Stilton claim he has brought for Florence?
(a) Her wrist watch.
(b) Her shawl.
(c) Her mail.
(d) Her research notes.
7. What do they prevent butlers from doing?
(a) Giving guests dirty looks.
(b) Fixing alcoholic drinks.
(c) Working on Sundays.
(d) Doing chores after dark.
8. What does Stilton say he now knows in Chapter 20?
(a) That he shouldn't have come to Brinkley.
(b) That Bertie doesn't like Florence.
(c) That Florence never liked him.
(d) What love is.
9. What does Florence recall Dahlia said about Bertie?
(a) Horrible things.
(b) Unbelieveable things.
(c) Ridiculous things.
(d) Sweet things.
10. What does Dahlia drop in Chapter 20?
(a) A book.
(b) A jewelry box.
(c) A coffee tray.
(d) A hat.
11. What has Stilton sold Percy?
(a) Bertie's ticket for the darts competition.
(b) A draft of Florence's book.
(c) A pair of tennis shoes.
(d) A pearl necklace.
12. What does Dahlia do in Chapter 21, which Bertie says "must have taken a bit of doing"?
(a) Raised her eyebrows.
(b) Faked fainting.
(c) Made her face turn red with anger.
(d) Pushed Mrs. Trotter out of the way.
13. Whose husband does Mrs. Trotter say has been knighted?
(a) Mrs. Paradene's.
(b) Mrs. Chugwater's.
(c) Mrs. Blenkinsop's.
(d) Mrs. Winkworth's.
14. Who does Jeeves suggest blackmailing in Chapter 19?
(d) Mr. Trotter.
15. Where does Stilton tell Bertie he will meet him in Chapter 14?
(a) The study.
(b) The dining room.
(c) The garden.
(d) The hall.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does Mr. Trotter claim to have paid for the necklace?
2. Who interrupts the chase between Bertie and Stilton in Chapter 17?
3. What does Spode believe happened to him in Chapter 18?
4. Where does Stilton chase Bertie in Chapter 17?
5. Why did Dahlia pawn one of her possessions?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)