|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bertie say he is not known for in Chapter 21?
(a) Telling jokes.
(b) Giving up.
(c) Being sensible.
2. What does Percy say his mother gave him her necklace for?
(a) To have it put in her safety deposit box.
(b) To have it appraised.
(c) To pawn it.
(d) To have it cleaned.
3. Where does she assume Seppings found the pearl necklace?
(a) In Jeeves' pocket.
(b) In a cupboard.
(c) On the floor.
(d) In Tom's desk.
4. Why did Dahlia pawn one of her possessions?
(a) To invest in Percy's play.
(b) To pay for Morehead's serial.
(c) To pay off gambling debts.
(d) To pay her cook's salary.
5. Who wishes to speak to Dahlia in Chapter 16?
(a) Mr. Trotter.
(d) Mrs. Trotter.
6. How does Bertie refer to Jeeves in Chapter 19?
(a) As feudal.
(b) As fancy.
(c) As fortunate.
(d) As fussy.
7. What does Stilton say he now knows in Chapter 20?
(a) That Bertie doesn't like Florence.
(b) That he shouldn't have come to Brinkley.
(c) What love is.
(d) That Florence never liked him.
8. Why is Dahlia happy when she appears at the end of Chapter 22?
(a) She fired her cook.
(b) She sold her newspaper.
(c) Tom has been offered a knighthood.
(d) She retrieved her lost necklace.
9. What offer does Mr. Trotter reject in Chapter 19?
(a) Jeeves' offer to make him a drink.
(b) An offer to run an office in America.
(c) Dahlia's offer to sell the newspaper for a lower price.
(d) An offer of knighthood.
10. Who has Florence fallen in love with in Chapter 22?
11. Who witnesses Bertie and Florence hugging in Chapter 22?
12. What does Stilton claim he has brought for Florence?
(a) Her mail.
(b) Her shawl.
(c) Her wrist watch.
(d) Her research notes.
13. What does Bertie imagine at the beginning of Chapter 19?
(a) Being questioned by the police.
(b) Jeeves being thrown in jail.
(c) Being disowned by his family.
(d) Having to marry Florence.
14. Why did Percy pawn his mother's necklace?
(a) To buy Florence an engagement ring.
(b) To pay off his debts.
(c) To fund his theatre production.
(d) To pay for his book to be published.
15. What weapon does Bertie ask Jeeves for in Chapter 16?
(a) A pocket knife.
(b) A cosh.
(c) A cricket bat.
(d) A pistol.
Short Answer Questions
1. After finding Bertie in her room, what does Florence accuse him of?
2. What does Mrs. Trotter ask Dahlia to give her if she wants the newspaper sale to go through.
3. What excuse does Bertie give Florence for climbing into her room?
4. Where does Florence hide Bertie when Stilton knocks at the door?
5. What does Florence ask Bertie to do after he climbs into her room?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)