|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who credits Seppings with finding the pearl necklace?
2. What weapon does Bertie ask Jeeves for in Chapter 16?
(a) A pistol.
(b) A cosh.
(c) A pocket knife.
(d) A cricket bat.
3. What does L.G. Trotter claim is giving him health problems in Chapter 20?
(a) The pressures of doing business.
(b) His wife's nagging.
(c) French food.
(d) The country air.
4. Why doesn't Stilton want to hurt Bertie anymore in Chapter 20?
(a) Stilton has been paid a bribe by Jeeves.
(b) Stilton is back together with Florence.
(c) Stilton feels sorry for Bertie.
(d) Stilton is happy to be free from Florence.
5. Where do Stilton and Morehead plan to take a trip?
(a) To Liverpool.
(b) Down the river.
(c) To the nearby village.
(d) To Paris.
6. What does Bertie decide to change about his appearance in Chapter 22?
(a) Bertie decides to part his hair down the middle.
(b) Bertie decides to shave his moustache.
(c) Bertie decides to stop wearing tennis shoes.
(d) Bertie decides to grow a beard.
7. What excuse does Bertie give Florence for climbing into her room?
(a) He thought it was Stilton's room.
(b) He spotted a robber climbing the ladder.
(c) He locked himself out of the house.
(d) Percy dared him to do it.
8. What has Stilton sold Percy?
(a) A pair of tennis shoes.
(b) A pearl necklace.
(c) A draft of Florence's book.
(d) Bertie's ticket for the darts competition.
9. When Bertie climbs into one of the bedrooms, what does he bump into?
(a) A bed.
(b) A vase.
(c) A table.
(d) A rocking chair.
10. How do Jeeves and Bertie decide to solve Dahlia's problem at the end of Chapter 14?
(a) With blackmail.
(b) With bribery.
(c) With the truth.
(d) With a staged robbery.
11. What does Dahlia drop in Chapter 20?
(a) A book.
(b) A hat.
(c) A jewelry box.
(d) A coffee tray.
12. How does Stilton act toward Bertie at breakfast in Chapter 20?
(d) With concern.
13. How is Daphne Dolores Morehead described?
(a) As assertive.
(b) As stern-looking.
(c) As cherubic.
(d) As beautiful.
14. Who does Jeeves suggest blackmailing in Chapter 19?
(a) Mr. Trotter.
15. What skill do Dahlia and Bertie hope Jeeves possesses in Chapter 14?
(a) Mind reading.
(c) Jewelry making.
(d) Smoke signaling.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jeeves go in Chapter 15?
2. What does Bertie notice is open at the end of Chapter 17?
3. Why is Dahlia happy when she appears at the end of Chapter 22?
4. What offer does Mr. Trotter reject in Chapter 19?
5. Where does Stilton tell Bertie he will meet him in Chapter 14?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)