|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who credits Seppings with finding the pearl necklace?
2. Who owns the necklace Bertie has in his possession?
3. How is Percy emotionally when Bertie meets him in Chapter 15?
(a) Percy is angry.
(b) Percy is depressed.
(c) Percy is remorseful.
(d) Percy is jolly.
4. What does Mrs. Trotter ask Dahlia to give her if she wants the newspaper sale to go through.
(a) Her pearl necklace.
(b) Her chef, Anatole.
(c) An investment for Percy's play.
(d) Her painting by John Constable.
5. What do they prevent butlers from doing?
(a) Doing chores after dark.
(b) Working on Sundays.
(c) Giving guests dirty looks.
(d) Fixing alcoholic drinks.
6. How much does Mr. Trotter claim to have paid for the necklace?
(a) Five thousand pounds.
(b) Ten thousand pounds.
(c) Five hundred pounds.
(d) One thousand pounds.
7. What skill do Dahlia and Bertie hope Jeeves possesses in Chapter 14?
(a) Smoke signaling.
(c) Jewelry making.
(d) Mind reading.
8. Why did Percy pawn his mother's necklace?
(a) To pay for his book to be published.
(b) To pay off his debts.
(c) To fund his theatre production.
(d) To buy Florence an engagement ring.
9. Who has Florence fallen in love with in Chapter 22?
10. What did Aunt Dahlia do to Spode in Chapter 18?
(a) Slipped a sedative in his drink.
(b) Kicked him out of the house.
(c) Planted the stolen necklace in his pocket.
(d) Knocked him unconscious.
11. What did Jeeves believe of the necklace when he found it?
(a) That it belonged to one of the maids.
(b) That it belonged to Florence.
(c) That it was dropped by a robber.
(d) That Bertie had lost it before delivering it to his aunt.
12. What is Lord Sidcup's real name?
(a) Augustus Beckford.
(b) Buck MacGinnis.
(c) Willoughby Braddock.
(d) Roderick Spode.
13. Who interrupts the chase between Bertie and Stilton in Chapter 17?
14. Where are the Trotters from?
15. What does L.G. Trotter claim is giving him health problems in Chapter 20?
(a) The pressures of doing business.
(b) The country air.
(c) French food.
(d) His wife's nagging.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what reason does Bertie say Stilton can't hurt him?
2. How does Stilton act toward Bertie at breakfast in Chapter 20?
3. Why doesn't Stilton want to hurt Bertie anymore in Chapter 20?
4. What offer does Mr. Trotter reject in Chapter 19?
5. When Bertie climbs into one of the bedrooms, what does he bump into?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)