|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Florence ask Bertie to take her?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) A polo match.
(c) A nightclub.
(d) A music hall.
2. What is Bertie doing at the opening of the novel?
(a) Reading a book.
(b) Eating breakfast.
(c) Taking a bath.
(d) Playing chess.
3. How are Bertie's evening guests characterized by Bertie's aunt?
(a) As arrogant.
(b) As boring.
(c) As reclusive.
(d) As excitable.
4. What is recorded in the Junior Ganymede Club's club books?
(a) Recipes and tips for household chores.
(b) The dues paid by the members.
(c) The activities of the members' masters.
(d) Funny anecdotes.
5. How does Bertie feel about seeing Florence?
6. What does Florence typically do when she and Stilton break up?
(a) She searches for someone to make Stilton jealous.
(b) She attaches herself to Bertie.
(c) She travels to America.
(d) She shuts herself up in Bertie's aunt's house.
7. Which magistrate is Bertie taken before in Chapter 6?
(a) The Vintage Street magistrate.
(b) The Holly Street magistrate.
(c) The High Street magistrate.
(d) The Vaultridge Street magistrate.
8. What writing has Bertie done in the past?
(a) A humorous novella.
(b) Articles for his Aunt's newspaper.
(c) A play Percy produced.
(d) Articles for his university's magazine.
9. What punishment does the magistrate give Bertie?
(a) Bertie must do service at an old age home.
(b) Bertie must apologize to the police.
(c) Bertie must spend two days in jail.
(d) Bertie must pay a fine.
10. What does Bertie think of Stilton?
(a) Bertie respects Stilton's career.
(b) Bertie idolizes Stilton.
(c) Bertie dislikes Stilton.
(d) Bertie is jealous of Stilton.
11. Why does Florence want Bertie to take her out in Chapter 4?
(a) So she can hide from Stilton.
(b) So she can make Stilton jealous.
(c) So she can do research for her book.
(d) So she will be written about in the papers.
12. In Chapter 6, what does Bertie do after breakfast?
(a) Goes to the Drone's Club.
(b) Catches up on his correspondence.
(c) Reads a book.
(d) Takes a nap.
13. What does Florence assure Bertie of when they meet in Chapter 3?
(a) That Florence and Stilton will marry.
(b) That Percy will find funding for his play.
(c) That he is always welcome to visit her family estate.
(d) That Bertie and Florence will marry.
14. Why does Dahlia come to Bertie's room looking for Jeeves in Chapter 11?
(a) Because she is in a jam and only Jeeves can help her.
(b) Because she needs Jeeves to retrieve something from London.
(c) Because she suspects Jeeves of stealing.
(d) Because she wants to hire Jeeves to work for her.
15. What does Stilton disapprove of when he meets Bertie?
(a) That Bertie is reading a mystery novel.
(b) That Bertie is sick with a cold.
(c) That Bertie is wearing pajamas at noon.
(d) That Bertie is drinking.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Bertie find his uncle in Chapter 11?
2. What is Percy's surname?
3. What does Florence call Bertie in Chapter 5?
4. What does Percy do in Chapter 10?
5. What does Bertie receive from his aunt in Chapter 8?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)