|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money does Percy ask Bertie to invest in his play?
(a) One hundred pounds.
(b) One thousand pounds.
(c) Five thousand pounds.
(d) Five hundred pounds.
2. What makes Bertie uncomfortable at dinner in Chapter 11?
(a) Dahlia saying that Bertie should get married.
(b) Percy's sulking.
(c) Florence's flirtatiousness.
(d) Having to stare at Stilton.
3. Who does Jeeves report is waiting to see Bertie at the end of Chapter 10?
4. What happened when Stilton refused Florence's request in Chapter 4?
(a) She slapped Stilton.
(b) She was impressed Stilton stood up for himself.
(c) She threw a hissy fit.
(d) She broke off their engagement.
5. What is name of the theater production that Percy is putting on?
6. What does Bertie do to get arrested in Chapter 5?
(a) Trips a police officer.
(b) Takes a police officer's hat.
(c) Insults a police officer.
(d) Starts scuffling with Stilton.
7. What finally persuades Bertie to go to Brinkley?
(a) The promise that Florence will be there.
(b) The skills of Dahlia's chef.
(c) The promise that Stilton will not be there.
(d) That Dahlia has the latest book by Bertie's favorite author.
8. What does Florence do?
(a) She is an artist.
(b) She writes novels.
(c) She produces plays.
(d) She teaches at a university.
9. What drink does Bertie ask Jeeves to make in Chapter 11?
(a) A whisky and soda.
(b) A vodka and orange juice.
(c) A hot scotch and lemon.
(d) A gin and tonic.
10. Why did Stilton break off his engagement?
(a) Stilton found out that Florence was at the night club.
(b) Stilton found out Florence loves Bertie.
(c) Stilton is fed up with Florence trying to change him.
(d) Stilton has found a new love.
11. Why does Dahlia come to Bertie's room looking for Jeeves in Chapter 11?
(a) Because she suspects Jeeves of stealing.
(b) Because she is in a jam and only Jeeves can help her.
(c) Because she needs Jeeves to retrieve something from London.
(d) Because she wants to hire Jeeves to work for her.
12. What does Jeeves ask Bertie's permission to do in Chapter 8?
(a) Speak to Percy about his problems.
(b) Remain at Bertie's flat while he is at Brinkley.
(c) To drive the car to Brinkley.
(d) Attend the Junior Ganymede Club luncheon.
13. Who has Bertie's aunt asked him to entertain in Chapter 1?
(a) The Mulliners.
(b) The Threepwoods.
(c) The Moresbys.
(d) The Trotters.
14. What writing has Bertie done in the past?
(a) A play Percy produced.
(b) Articles for his university's magazine.
(c) A humorous novella.
(d) Articles for his Aunt's newspaper.
15. In Chapter 2, what pleases Stilton about the people Bertie will be dining with?
(a) They are well connected with government officials.
(b) They dislike Bertie.
(c) That they are teetotallers.
(d) They are rich.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Dahlia send from the dining room after dinner in Chapter 11?
2. What punishment does the magistrate give Bertie?
3. How does Florence feel about her engagement being called-off?
4. What is Stilton given to drink in Chapter 7?
5. What is Florence's surname?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)