|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Florence call Bertie in Chapter 5?
2. What is Florence's and Stilton's relationship?
(a) They are classmates.
(b) They are cousins.
(c) They are engaged.
(d) They are co-workers.
3. What is Percy's surname?
4. What writing has Bertie done in the past?
(a) Articles for his university's magazine.
(b) A humorous novella.
(c) Articles for his Aunt's newspaper.
(d) A play Percy produced.
5. What does Bertie do to get arrested in Chapter 5?
(a) Trips a police officer.
(b) Insults a police officer.
(c) Starts scuffling with Stilton.
(d) Takes a police officer's hat.
6. How much money does Percy ask Bertie to invest in his play?
(a) One thousand pounds.
(b) Five thousand pounds.
(c) Five hundred pounds.
(d) One hundred pounds.
7. Why did Stilton and Florence reconcile in Chapter 6?
(a) Stilton apologized for his behavior.
(b) Stilton agreed to grow a moustache.
(c) Stilton gave her a diamond necklace.
(d) Stilton promised to be nice to Florence's friends.
8. What drink does Bertie ask Jeeves to make in Chapter 11?
(a) A vodka and orange juice.
(b) A whisky and soda.
(c) A hot scotch and lemon.
(d) A gin and tonic.
9. Why does Stilton believe Bertie grew his moustache?
(a) To disguise himself.
(b) To appeal to Florence.
(c) To look fashionable.
(d) Because he is too lazy to shave.
10. What finally persuades Bertie to go to Brinkley?
(a) The skills of Dahlia's chef.
(b) That Dahlia has the latest book by Bertie's favorite author.
(c) The promise that Florence will be there.
(d) The promise that Stilton will not be there.
11. What part of Bertie does Florence say Stilton intends to break in five places?
(a) His rib cage.
(b) His spine.
(c) His legs.
(d) His neck.
12. What does Percy do in Chapter 10?
(a) Recites poetry.
(b) Sulks in his bed.
(c) Performs scenes from his play.
(d) Telephones Stilton.
13. What did Stilton formerly do for a living?
(a) Stilton was a tutor.
(b) Stilton was a golf caddy.
(c) Stilton was a banker.
(d) Stilton was a police officer.
14. What does Dahlia hand Percy to give to Florence in Chapter 9?
(a) A party invitation.
(b) A telegram.
(c) A brithday card.
(d) A bouquet of wildflowers.
15. What does Florence do?
(a) She produces plays.
(b) She teaches at a university.
(c) She is an artist.
(d) She writes novels.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bertie notice out of the corner of his eye while speaking on the phone?
2. What does Dahlia blame Mrs. Trotter for?
3. What does Bertie's uncle say about the Trotters?
4. What does Bertie think of Stilton?
5. What makes Bertie uncomfortable at dinner in Chapter 11?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)