|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stilton disapprove of when he meets Bertie?
(a) That Bertie is wearing pajamas at noon.
(b) That Bertie is sick with a cold.
(c) That Bertie is reading a mystery novel.
(d) That Bertie is drinking.
2. What activity does Stilton engage in?
(a) Horse racing.
3. What finally persuades Bertie to go to Brinkley?
(a) That Dahlia has the latest book by Bertie's favorite author.
(b) The promise that Stilton will not be there.
(c) The skills of Dahlia's chef.
(d) The promise that Florence will be there.
4. What does Dahlia blame Mrs. Trotter for?
(a) Preventing Dahlia's husband from receiving knighthood.
(b) Delaying the sale of Dahlia's asset.
(c) Upsetting Percy.
(d) Ruining her dinner party the previous evening.
5. In Chapter 2, what pleases Stilton about the people Bertie will be dining with?
(a) That they are teetotallers.
(b) They are rich.
(c) They dislike Bertie.
(d) They are well connected with government officials.
6. What is Stilton's surname?
7. What is Florence's and Stilton's relationship?
(a) They are cousins.
(b) They are co-workers.
(c) They are classmates.
(d) They are engaged.
8. What does Bertie think may be the cause of Stilton breaking off his engagement?
(a) Stilton thinks Florence and Percy are having an affair.
(b) Stilton thinks Florence and Bertie are having an affair.
(c) Stilton dislikes Florence's family.
(d) The moustache Florence wants Stilton to grow.
9. What does Florence do?
(a) She is an artist.
(b) She produces plays.
(c) She teaches at a university.
(d) She writes novels.
10. What does Bertie joke Jeeves will have to do when he returns home in Chapter 6?
(a) Act as a butler at the old age home.
(b) Enter the details of Bertie's evening in the club book.
(c) Fix drinks for some police officers.
(d) Live in a jail cell with Bertie.
11. What does Bertie think about Stilton and Florence's relationship?
(a) That it will definitely last for a long time.
(b) That it is stronger than it looks.
(c) That it will be over in a week's time.
(d) That it is tenuous.
12. In Chapter 8, what does Aunt Dahlia report about Percy?
(a) That he has been arrested.
(b) That he is heartbroken.
(c) That he is ill.
(d) That he is bankrupt.
13. How are Bertie's evening guests characterized by Bertie's aunt?
(a) As excitable.
(b) As arrogant.
(c) As reclusive.
(d) As boring.
14. How is the establishment Bertie takes Florence to in Chapter 5 described?
(a) As seedy.
(b) As crowded.
(c) As lifeless.
(d) As elegant.
15. What is Stilton's standard greeting?
(b) Good day, isn't it?
(c) It's me, Stilton.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dahlia's husband's name?
2. What punishment does the magistrate give Bertie?
3. Which magistrate is Bertie taken before in Chapter 6?
4. What does Bertie do to get arrested in Chapter 5?
5. How is Morehead described in Chapter 9?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)