|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of book does Bertie want to go to bed to read in Chapter 4?
(a) A mystery.
(b) A ghost story.
(c) A romance.
(d) An adventure story.
2. What does Dahlia ask Bertie to retrieve on his way to Brinkley?
(a) Her dry cleaning.
(b) Some books from the bookshop.
(c) A copy of the newspaper.
(d) Her pearl necklace.
3. Which magistrate is Bertie taken before in Chapter 6?
(a) The Vaultridge Street magistrate.
(b) The Vintage Street magistrate.
(c) The High Street magistrate.
(d) The Holly Street magistrate.
4. What is Percy's surname?
5. What does Bertie's uncle say about the Trotters?
(a) That he admires them.
(b) That he despises them.
(c) That he is entertained by them.
(d) That he doesn't understand a word they say.
6. What does Florence typically do when she and Stilton break up?
(a) She shuts herself up in Bertie's aunt's house.
(b) She attaches herself to Bertie.
(c) She searches for someone to make Stilton jealous.
(d) She travels to America.
7. What is recorded in the Junior Ganymede Club's club books?
(a) Funny anecdotes.
(b) The activities of the members' masters.
(c) Recipes and tips for household chores.
(d) The dues paid by the members.
8. Which asset is Dahlia trying to sell to the Trotters?
(a) Her summer home.
(b) Her automobile.
(c) Her newspaper.
(d) Her jewelry.
9. What is Brinkley?
(a) Aunt Dahlia's estate.
(b) Stilton's family estate.
(c) Florence's dog.
(d) The Trotters' estate.
10. How is the establishment Bertie takes Florence to in Chapter 5 described?
(a) As lifeless.
(b) As elegant.
(c) As seedy.
(d) As crowded.
11. Where does Florence ask Bertie to take her?
(a) A music hall.
(b) A polo match.
(c) A nightclub.
(d) A restaurant.
12. Where does Bertie find his uncle in Chapter 11?
(a) In the hallway.
(b) In the gardens.
(c) In the kitchen.
(d) In his study.
13. What is Stilton's surname?
14. What finally persuades Bertie to go to Brinkley?
(a) The promise that Stilton will not be there.
(b) The skills of Dahlia's chef.
(c) The promise that Florence will be there.
(d) That Dahlia has the latest book by Bertie's favorite author.
15. What is the man like that Bertie dines with in Chapter 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Percy ask Bertie to invest in his play?
2. Who does Jeeves report is waiting to see Bertie at the end of Chapter 10?
3. How does Bertie feel about seeing Florence?
4. What does Florence do?
5. What does Stilton threaten to do to Bertie in Chapter 4?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)