|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has Bertie's aunt asked him to entertain in Chapter 1?
(a) The Moresbys.
(b) The Threepwoods.
(c) The Mulliners.
(d) The Trotters.
2. How is the establishment Bertie takes Florence to in Chapter 5 described?
(a) As crowded.
(b) As seedy.
(c) As lifeless.
(d) As elegant.
3. In Chapter 7, what does Stilton say his uncle saw at his house?
(a) Percy's play script.
(b) Florence's book.
(c) Bertie's photo.
(d) Stilton's ticket for the darts competition.
4. What is Florence's and Stilton's relationship?
(a) They are classmates.
(b) They are cousins.
(c) They are co-workers.
(d) They are engaged.
5. How does Florence react when the police arrive in Chapter 5?
(a) Forence turns Bertie over to the police.
(b) Florence hides under the table.
(c) Florence runs away.
(d) Florence takes charge and tells the police what to do.
6. What is Bertie unable to get Florence to admit in Chapter 5?
(a) That she likes moustaches.
(b) That she secretly writes mystery novels.
(c) That she loves Bertie.
(d) That she still loves Stilton.
7. What does Bertie joke Jeeves will have to do when he returns home in Chapter 6?
(a) Live in a jail cell with Bertie.
(b) Enter the details of Bertie's evening in the club book.
(c) Act as a butler at the old age home.
(d) Fix drinks for some police officers.
8. Why did Stilton break off his engagement?
(a) Stilton is fed up with Florence trying to change him.
(b) Stilton has found a new love.
(c) Stilton found out Florence loves Bertie.
(d) Stilton found out that Florence was at the night club.
9. What does Florence call Bertie in Chapter 5?
10. What finally persuades Bertie to go to Brinkley?
(a) The promise that Florence will be there.
(b) The skills of Dahlia's chef.
(c) That Dahlia has the latest book by Bertie's favorite author.
(d) The promise that Stilton will not be there.
11. What kind of book does Bertie want to go to bed to read in Chapter 4?
(a) A ghost story.
(b) A mystery.
(c) A romance.
(d) An adventure story.
12. Who was Florence temporarily engaged to?
(a) Alexander Worple.
(b) Bertie Wooster.
(c) Bicky Bickersteth.
(d) Corky Corcoran.
13. In Chapter 8, what does Aunt Dahlia report about Percy?
(a) That he has been arrested.
(b) That he is ill.
(c) That he is bankrupt.
(d) That he is heartbroken.
14. Why does Stilton believe Bertie grew his moustache?
(a) Because he is too lazy to shave.
(b) To disguise himself.
(c) To appeal to Florence.
(d) To look fashionable.
15. What punishment does the magistrate give Bertie?
(a) Bertie must spend two days in jail.
(b) Bertie must do service at an old age home.
(c) Bertie must pay a fine.
(d) Bertie must apologize to the police.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Florence want Bertie to take her out in Chapter 4?
2. What does Stilton disapprove of when he meets Bertie?
3. Which asset is Dahlia trying to sell to the Trotters?
4. What part of Bertie does Florence say Stilton intends to break in five places?
5. Where does Florence ask Bertie to take her?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)