|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Stilton's standard greeting?
(a) Good day, isn't it?
(d) It's me, Stilton.
2. What is the woman like that Bertie dines with in Chapter 3?
3. In Chapter 4, what does Stilton say Florence asked him to do?
(a) Drop out of the darts competition.
(b) Make friends with Bertie.
(c) Grow a moustache.
(d) Invest in Percy's play.
4. What does Bertie find Jeeves doing when he returns home in Chapter 4?
(a) Refusing Percy's request for money.
(b) Organizing the mail.
(c) Fixing Bertie a drink.
(d) Speaking to Dahlia on the telephone.
5. What is Bertie unable to get Florence to admit in Chapter 5?
(a) That she still loves Stilton.
(b) That she loves Bertie.
(c) That she secretly writes mystery novels.
(d) That she likes moustaches.
6. What state is Bertie in as he dresses for dinner in Chapter 11?
7. What kind of book does Bertie want to go to bed to read in Chapter 4?
(a) A ghost story.
(b) A mystery.
(c) An adventure story.
(d) A romance.
8. What does Bertie's uncle say about the Trotters?
(a) That he doesn't understand a word they say.
(b) That he is entertained by them.
(c) That he admires them.
(d) That he despises them.
9. What does Jeeves ask Bertie's permission to do in Chapter 8?
(a) Speak to Percy about his problems.
(b) Remain at Bertie's flat while he is at Brinkley.
(c) To drive the car to Brinkley.
(d) Attend the Junior Ganymede Club luncheon.
10. How is the establishment Bertie takes Florence to in Chapter 5 described?
(a) As elegant.
(b) As lifeless.
(c) As crowded.
(d) As seedy.
11. Why did Stilton and Florence reconcile in Chapter 6?
(a) Stilton promised to be nice to Florence's friends.
(b) Stilton apologized for his behavior.
(c) Stilton agreed to grow a moustache.
(d) Stilton gave her a diamond necklace.
12. Who telephones Bertie in Chapter 6?
(c) Aunt Agatha.
13. How does the magistrate know Stilton?
(a) The magistrate is Stilton's father.
(b) The magistrate is Stilton's brother.
(c) The magistrate is Stilton's uncle.
(d) The magistrate is Stilton's grandfather.
14. What is Bertie doing at the opening of the novel?
(a) Reading a book.
(b) Eating breakfast.
(c) Playing chess.
(d) Taking a bath.
15. What drink does Bertie ask Jeeves to make in Chapter 11?
(a) A gin and tonic.
(b) A whisky and soda.
(c) A hot scotch and lemon.
(d) A vodka and orange juice.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Percy ask Bertie to invest in his play?
2. What is Lord Sidcup well informed about?
3. How does Percy feel about Bertie in Chapter 9?
4. How did Dahlia acquire her booming voice?
5. What does Bertie receive from his aunt in Chapter 8?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)