|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What punishment does the magistrate give Bertie?
(a) Bertie must apologize to the police.
(b) Bertie must spend two days in jail.
(c) Bertie must do service at an old age home.
(d) Bertie must pay a fine.
2. What does Florence assure Bertie of when they meet in Chapter 3?
(a) That Bertie and Florence will marry.
(b) That Percy will find funding for his play.
(c) That he is always welcome to visit her family estate.
(d) That Florence and Stilton will marry.
3. How does Stilton stand to make money off of Bertie?
(a) In a darts competition.
(b) In a foot race.
(c) In a tennis match.
(d) In a poker game.
4. Why is Bertie feeling lost in Chapter 1?
(a) Jeeves is away on holiday.
(b) Bertie has driven into an unknown area of London.
(c) Jeeves is using technical terms to explain how radios work.
(d) Bertie has been dumped by his fiancee.
5. What does Stilton disapprove of when he meets Bertie?
(a) That Bertie is drinking.
(b) That Bertie is sick with a cold.
(c) That Bertie is wearing pajamas at noon.
(d) That Bertie is reading a mystery novel.
6. What is Brinkley?
(a) Aunt Dahlia's estate.
(b) Stilton's family estate.
(c) The Trotters' estate.
(d) Florence's dog.
7. What does Bertie's uncle say about the Trotters?
(a) That he doesn't understand a word they say.
(b) That he despises them.
(c) That he admires them.
(d) That he is entertained by them.
8. What is Percy's mood like in Chapter 10?
9. What does Percy do in Chapter 10?
(a) Telephones Stilton.
(b) Performs scenes from his play.
(c) Sulks in his bed.
(d) Recites poetry.
10. What does Bertie think may be the cause of Stilton breaking off his engagement?
(a) Stilton dislikes Florence's family.
(b) Stilton thinks Florence and Percy are having an affair.
(c) Stilton thinks Florence and Bertie are having an affair.
(d) The moustache Florence wants Stilton to grow.
11. How does Bertie describe Florence?
(a) As aggressive.
(b) As intelligent.
(c) As adorable.
(d) As demure.
12. What does Dahlia blame Mrs. Trotter for?
(a) Ruining her dinner party the previous evening.
(b) Delaying the sale of Dahlia's asset.
(c) Preventing Dahlia's husband from receiving knighthood.
(d) Upsetting Percy.
13. Which magistrate is Bertie taken before in Chapter 6?
(a) The Vintage Street magistrate.
(b) The Vaultridge Street magistrate.
(c) The High Street magistrate.
(d) The Holly Street magistrate.
14. How does Bertie feel about seeing Florence?
15. What is the name of the establishment Bertie takes Florence to in Chapter 5?
(a) The Mottled Oyster.
(b) The Lion's Roar.
(c) The Anglers' Rest.
(d) The Drone's Club.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the man like that Bertie dines with in Chapter 3?
2. Who is Daphne Dolores Morehead?
3. How is Morehead described in Chapter 9?
4. What does Bertie's uncle notice about Dahloa in Chapter 11?
5. What is Florence's and Stilton's relationship?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)