|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Dahlia acquire her booming voice?
(a) From years of hunting.
(b) From being hard of hearing.
(c) From working in music halls.
(d) From living in a huge house.
2. Who is Daphne Dolores Morehead?
(a) A writer.
(b) Bertie's former fiancee.
(c) A friend of Dahlia.
(d) A stage actress.
3. What writing has Bertie done in the past?
(a) Articles for his Aunt's newspaper.
(b) A play Percy produced.
(c) Articles for his university's magazine.
(d) A humorous novella.
4. In Chapter 8, what does Aunt Dahlia report about Percy?
(a) That he is bankrupt.
(b) That he has been arrested.
(c) That he is heartbroken.
(d) That he is ill.
5. What do the men drink after dinner in Chapter 11?
(d) Red wine.
6. What does Bertie joke Jeeves will have to do when he returns home in Chapter 6?
(a) Enter the details of Bertie's evening in the club book.
(b) Live in a jail cell with Bertie.
(c) Act as a butler at the old age home.
(d) Fix drinks for some police officers.
7. How does Stilton stand to make money off of Bertie?
(a) In a darts competition.
(b) In a tennis match.
(c) In a foot race.
(d) In a poker game.
8. What part of Bertie does Florence say Stilton intends to break in five places?
(a) His rib cage.
(b) His legs.
(c) His spine.
(d) His neck.
9. What did Stilton formerly do for a living?
(a) Stilton was a golf caddy.
(b) Stilton was a tutor.
(c) Stilton was a police officer.
(d) Stilton was a banker.
10. What is the man like that Bertie dines with in Chapter 3?
11. What is Stilton's surname?
12. What is Florence's surname?
13. How are Bertie's evening guests characterized by Bertie's aunt?
(a) As excitable.
(b) As arrogant.
(c) As reclusive.
(d) As boring.
14. What happened when Stilton refused Florence's request in Chapter 4?
(a) She slapped Stilton.
(b) She broke off their engagement.
(c) She was impressed Stilton stood up for himself.
(d) She threw a hissy fit.
15. In Chapter 2, what pleases Stilton about the people Bertie will be dining with?
(a) They dislike Bertie.
(b) That they are teetotallers.
(c) They are well connected with government officials.
(d) They are rich.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bertie receive from his aunt in Chapter 8?
2. What does Florence call Bertie in Chapter 5?
3. What does Dahlia hand Percy to give to Florence in Chapter 9?
4. How does Percy feel about Bertie in Chapter 9?
5. What does Percy do in Chapter 10?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)