|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Now that he is covered in blisters and everything is taken from him, J.B. prays to God for what?
2. The Distant Voice asks J.B. why he thinks he is worthy to confront and _______ the creator of the universe.
3. When J.B. is lying on the broken down table, what is he wearing?
4. Nickles says that the show of power with the Distant Voice and the wind means what to a man who has lost everything?
5. The final argument between Zuss and Nickles in Scene 7 mirrors an argument they have at the end of what scene?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the importance of flowers in this play? What is their symbolic meaning? Use the play to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Using examples from the play to support your answer, explain what the allegory is that this play presents.
Essay Topic 3
What is the role of light and stars in the play? What do they symbolize? Cite examples to support your answer.
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)