|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After J.B. calms God down, what does he do?
2. When Nickles asks J.B. if he knows what happens at the end, J.B. says what?
3. The women, in Scene 8, remember J.B. and Sarah from the days when they are what?
4. Nickles climbs up the ladder at the end of Scene 8 and calls God by his name in what language?
5. Why does Zuss condemn J.B. at the beginning of Scene 10?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss whether the existence of God is beyond debate for the characters. Compare and contrast at least three different character's views on the issue, and use examples from the play to support your answers.
Essay Topic 2
What is the role of costumes in the play? How do the costumes contribute to the characters and the message of the play? Use specific examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
What is the importance of flowers in this play? What is their symbolic meaning? Use the play to support your answer.
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)