|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who urges J.B. to take the new life that is being offered to him?
2. When J.B. is lying on the broken down table, what is he wearing?
3. J.B. doesn't believe that God will give him everything back, but then he notices what?
4. Nickles complains that God has done what, tumbling a whole city down to blister one man's skin with agony?
5. Eliphaz says that choices are from where?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using examples from the play to support your answer, explain what the allegory is that this play presents.
Essay Topic 2
Why does Sarah leave J.B.? What does her departure represent? Cite specific examples from the play to support your answers.
Essay Topic 3
Why does the author write this play in verse? Why does the author use poetic tools to direct the audience's attention? Use specific examples from the play to support your answer.
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)