|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The four women and young girl who appear function as what type of character that is often seen in Ancient Greek theater?
2. When J.B. and Sarah both pray for sleep, the women recall the death of Sarah and J.B.'s children and wonder whether Sarah will do what?
3. After seeing J.B.'s body covered in blisters and everything that has happened, Sarah calls God what?
4. The women, in Scene 8, believe that the heart is always what?
5. In Scene 9, the Distant Voice speaks, accompanied by what?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who, or what, are God-mask and Satan-mask and what do they represent? Use specific examples from the play to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
What is the role of costumes in the play? How do the costumes contribute to the characters and the message of the play? Use specific examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Zuss and Nickles' positions on God, suffering, and faith. Cite specific examples to support your answers.
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)