|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Zuss and Nickles put on their masks at the end of Scene 7, what is the emotion they feel towards the expanse of God and the depth of his knowledge?
2. When Zuss and Nickles are able to put their masks on again in Scene 7, they become what?
3. Why does Zuss call for the lights in Scene 10?
4. The final argument between Zuss and Nickles in Scene 7 mirrors an argument they have at the end of what scene?
5. Nickles and Zuss both lose what at the beginning of Scene 10?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who are the Three Comforters and what viewpoints do they represent? Support your answer with specific examples from the play.
Essay Topic 2
Using examples from the play to support your answer, respond to the following question: What is ironic about Satan's argument that God needs to see people as people and not toys? How does this argument relate to the central theme of the play?
Essay Topic 3
Using examples from the book, compare and contrast J.B. and Sarah's beliefs about God.
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)