|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. J.B. and Sarah, now that everything has been taken from them, say that even when they sleep they feel what?
2. The four women and young girl who appear function as what type of character that is often seen in Ancient Greek theater?
3. Zophar says that without guilt there can be no what?
4. At the end of Scene 9, what does J.B. accept?
5. Nickles climbs up the ladder at the end of Scene 8 and calls God by his name in what language?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Zuss and Nickles' positions on God, suffering, and faith. Cite specific examples to support your answers.
Essay Topic 2
What is the challenge the Distant Voice presents to J.B. and the other characters? How is the challenge related to the theme of the play? Cite specific examples to support your answer to this question.
Essay Topic 3
What role do masks have in the play? What do they symbolize, and what is the importance of taking them on and off? Use examples from the play to support your answers.
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)