|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Scene 9, the Distant Voice speaks, accompanied by what?
2. The women describe Zophar, Eliphaz, and Bildad as people who feed on what?
3. After J.B. calms God down, what does he do?
4. J.B., even though he is covered with sores, says that God only punishes if he has what?
5. Nickles says that God has won the way he always wins, and searches for what?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1Who, or what, are God-mask and Satan-mask and what do they represent? Use specific examples from the play to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2Using specific examples from the play, explain the significance of the ladder that Zuss and Nickles climb during the play.
Essay Topic 3In this play, what is the relationship between faith and fear? Cite specific examples from the play to support your answer.
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)