|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does J.B. apologize to Zophar, Eliphaz, and Bildad?
2. Nickles climbs up the ladder at the end of Scene 8 and calls God by his name in what language?
3. Nickles' being unable to find his mask represents the helplessness of humans when we are not able to use God for what?
4. The quote, "His will, our peace," comes from what book?
5. When Nickles asks J.B. if he knows what happens at the end, J.B. says what?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Does Nickles find humans more worthy of admiration than God? Use examples from the play to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Using examples from the book, compare and contrast J.B. and Sarah's beliefs about God.
Essay Topic 3
Using examples from the play to support your answer, respond to the following question: What is ironic about Satan's argument that God needs to see people as people and not toys? How does this argument relate to the central theme of the play?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)