|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Zophar says that mankind has no what because they are born in sin?
2. When J.B. is lying on the broken down table, what is he wearing?
3. Nickles climbs up the ladder at the end of Scene 8 and calls God by his name in what language?
4. Nickles and Zuss both lose what at the beginning of Scene 10?
5. What does Nickles hear before he leaves J.B.?
Essay Topic 1
What is the role of costumes in the play? How do the costumes contribute to the characters and the message of the play? Use specific examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Why does the author write this play in verse? Why does the author use poetic tools to direct the audience's attention? Use specific examples from the play to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Using specific examples to support your answer, answer the following question: What is the argument and circumstances that cause Zuss to lose his temper? What does Zuss' loss of temper have to do with Nickles' loss of temper?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)