|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Nickles and Zuss both lose what at the beginning of Scene 10?
2. Who says, "His will, our peace?"
3. The Distant Voice asks J.B. why he thinks he is worthy to confront and _______ the creator of the universe.
4. Zophar, Eliphaz, and Bildad offer what type of answer to J.B.'s question about what he has done?
5. When Zuss and Nickles put on their masks at the end of Scene 7, what is the emotion they feel towards the expanse of God and the depth of his knowledge?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using specific examples to support your answer, answer the following question: What is the argument and circumstances that cause Zuss to lose his temper? What does Zuss' loss of temper have to do with Nickles' loss of temper?
Essay Topic 2
Using examples from the play to support your answer, explain what the allegory is that this play presents.
Essay Topic 3
What is the challenge the Distant Voice presents to J.B. and the other characters? How is the challenge related to the theme of the play? Cite specific examples to support your answer to this question.
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)