|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Zophar, Eliphaz, and Bildad offer what type of answer to J.B.'s question about what he has done?
2. J.B. says he's tired of what when Nickles argues with him about the end?
3. When J.B. is lying on the broken down table, what is he wearing?
4. Nickles says that the show of power with the Distant Voice and the wind means what to a man who has lost everything?
5. The quote, "His will, our peace" comes from what author?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Zuss and Nickles' positions on God, suffering, and faith. Cite specific examples to support your answers.
Essay Topic 2
Using examples from the play to support your answer, respond to the following question: What is ironic about Satan's argument that God needs to see people as people and not toys? How does this argument relate to the central theme of the play?
Essay Topic 3
Using specific examples from the play, explain the significance of the ladder that Zuss and Nickles climb during the play.
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)