|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The four women and young girl who appear function as what type of character that is often seen in Ancient Greek theater?
2. Eliphaz says that guilt is what?
3. When Nickles goes to J.B., how does he describe himself?
4. The quote, "His will, our peace" comes from what author?
5. Why does Nickles think that J.B. will not take his life back?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Zuss and Nickles' positions on God, suffering, and faith. Cite specific examples to support your answers.
Essay Topic 2
Why does the author write this play in verse? Why does the author use poetic tools to direct the audience's attention? Use specific examples from the play to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
What is the importance, or the symbolism, of having the play set in a circus tent? Support your answer with examples from the book.
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)