|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Scene 7 echoes the scene in the biblical story of Job, in which God points out that Job has done exactly as he _______.
2. In Scene 9, the Distant Voice speaks, accompanied by what?
3. Zophar says that mankind has no what because they are born in sin?
4. Bildad jeers at J.B.'s claim to what?
5. Why does Sarah leave J.B.?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does the author write this play in verse? Why does the author use poetic tools to direct the audience's attention? Use specific examples from the play to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Why does Sarah leave J.B.? What does her departure represent? Cite specific examples from the play to support your answers.
Essay Topic 3
Using examples from the book, compare and contrast J.B. and Sarah's beliefs about God.
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)