|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Scene 10, Nickles calls Zuss what?
2. What makes Zuss and Nickles able to put on their masks again?
3. Nickles climbs up the ladder at the end of Scene 8 and calls God by his name in what language?
4. Nickles equates God's will not with _______, but with being ruled and submission.
5. The women, in Scene 8, believe that the heart is always what?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using examples from the play to support your answer, explain what the allegory is that this play presents.
Essay Topic 2
What is the importance of flowers in this play? What is their symbolic meaning? Use the play to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
What is the importance, or the symbolism, of having the play set in a circus tent? Support your answer with examples from the book.
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)