|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Nickles equates God's will not with _______, but with being ruled and submission.
2. In Scene 7, who quotes God's lines from the Bible where he asks the devil to consider the perfection of Job's devotion?
3. Zophar, Eliphaz, and Bildad offer what type of answer to J.B.'s question about what he has done?
4. When Nickles goes to J.B., how does he describe himself?
5. When Zuss and Nickles are able to put their masks on again in Scene 7, they become what?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss whether the existence of God is beyond debate for the characters. Compare and contrast at least three different character's views on the issue, and use examples from the play to support your answers.
Essay Topic 2
What is the role of light and stars in the play? What do they symbolize? Cite examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
What is the importance of flowers in this play? What is their symbolic meaning? Use the play to support your answer.
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)