|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Nickles climbs up the ladder at the end of Scene 8 and calls God by what name?
2. Who declares that J.B. has done exactly as he hoped he would, and has affirmed his faith in God?
3. The women, in Scene 8, believe that the heart is always what?
4. Right before the Distant Voice quotes God's lines from the Bible, what problem is Nickles having with his mask?
5. After arguing about the value of suffering, what does Nickles challenge Zuss to do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using examples from the play to support your answer, respond to the following question: What is ironic about Satan's argument that God needs to see people as people and not toys? How does this argument relate to the central theme of the play?
Essay Topic 2
Does Nickles find humans more worthy of admiration than God? Use examples from the play to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Using examples from the book, compare and contrast J.B. and Sarah's beliefs about God.
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)