|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Nickles and Zuss are what type of characters?
2. The name "Zuss" resembles what god from Ancient Greece?
3. Mr. Zuss says that evil is never ______.
4. J.B. sings a song that says, "To be, become, and end are all _____."
5. How long is J.B.'s grace at the meal in Scene 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does J.B. view his luck at his Thanksgiving dinner?
2. Who is Mr. Nickles?
3. What does Zuss tell Nickles that there is left to complete in the story, when Nickles says that there couldn't possibly be more?
4. What are Sarah and J.B.'s reactions to the death of David?
5. How does Sarah suggest that she and J.B. see into the darkness on the other side of the door?
6. Why does J.B. tell Sarah not to ask each child if they thanked God?
7. How do the young girl and women describe the Three Comforters?
8. How do the states of faith and fear represent the traditional state of mankind?
9. When J.B. says that he called God, not the Three Comforters, what is their answer?
10. How does Nickles refer to God?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does the author write this play in verse? Why does the author use poetic tools to direct the audience's attention? Use specific examples from the play to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Using examples from the play to support your answer, explain what the allegory is that this play presents.
Essay Topic 3
Using examples from the book, compare and contrast J.B. and Sarah's beliefs about God.
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)