|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Mr. Zuss says that the world is a great place, what does Mr. Nickles say it is?
2. Existentialism says that life is mainly full of what?
3. To Zuss and Nickles, J.B. is playing a role in deciding the argument between what two entities?
4. After coming down from their platform, how do Nickles and Zuss return to their platform?
5. How many children do J.B. and Sarah have?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bildad say about J.B.'s claim of innocence?
2. What do the group of women and the young girl do when they first arrive on the stage?
3. What is Sarah holding in her hand when she returns to J.B., and why?
4. How do the young girl and women describe the Three Comforters?
5. What does Nickles think would make a difference in J.B.'s performance of Job?
6. What is Zuss' answer to why J.B. has to suffer?
7. What do J.B. and Sarah feel, even when they sleep?
8. What is the role of the First and Second Messenger?
9. What does Zuss tell Nickles that there is left to complete in the story, when Nickles says that there couldn't possibly be more?
10. Who is Mr. Nickles?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the importance, or the symbolism, of having the play set in a circus tent? Support your answer with examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Zuss and Nickles' positions on God, suffering, and faith. Cite specific examples to support your answers.
Essay Topic 3
Why does Sarah leave J.B.? What does her departure represent? Cite specific examples from the play to support your answers.
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)