|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Scene 9, what does J.B. accept?
(c) That he is a sinner.
(d) God's judgment.
2. After Zuss calls for the lights in Scene 10, what does Nickles complain about?
(a) That the story didn't have a happy ending.
(b) That there isn't anywhere to go from here.
(c) That there couldn't possibly be more.
(d) That he doesn't like his job.
3. When Nickles goes to J.B., how does he describe himself?
(b) Professional counsel.
(c) A doctor.
4. J.B. and Sarah, now that everything has been taken from them, say that even when they sleep they feel what?
(a) Deep sorrow.
(b) Pain and suffering.
(c) Eyes upon them.
(d) Desire to be better people.
5. The four women and young girl who appear function as what type of character that is often seen in Ancient Greek theater?
(a) An observer.
(b) A narrator.
(c) A side-actor.
(d) A chorus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Zophar says that without guilt there can be no what?
2. Why does Sarah leave J.B.?
3. Sarah doesn't believe J.B. that her children must have had some sin to be punished. She believes her children are what?
4. How does Nickles characterize Sarah and J.B.s experiences in the play, thus far?
5. The women, in Scene 8, believe that the skin represents what?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)