|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Zuss says he's sick to death of the whole business and looks for the belt with what on it?
(a) Foam fingers.
2. The four women and young girl who appear function as what type of character that is often seen in Ancient Greek theater?
(a) A chorus.
(b) A side-actor.
(c) An observer.
(d) A narrator.
3. J.B. says he's tired of what when Nickles argues with him about the end?
4. After Zuss and Nickles put on their masks in Scene 7, what is the name of the character who urges God to destroy J.B.'s body?
5. Why does J.B. apologize to Zophar, Eliphaz, and Bildad?
(a) For how he looks.
(b) For not having anything to offer them.
(c) For not having a place for them to sit.
(d) For his faith.
Short Answer Questions
1. Nickles' being unable to find his mask represents the helplessness of humans when we are not able to use God for what?
2. After arguing about the value of suffering, what does Nickles challenge Zuss to do?
3. How many aspects of human existence is this play an allegory about?
4. What do the women, in Scene 8, sit on around J.B. and Sarah?
5. Nickles says that the show of power with the Distant Voice and the wind means what to a man who has lost everything?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)