|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The women, in Scene 8, remember J.B. and Sarah from the days when they are what?
(a) Rich and successful.
(b) Praiseworthy and laughing.
(c) Benevolent and joyful.
(d) Powerful leaders.
2. After Zuss calls for the lights in Scene 10, what does Nickles complain about?
(a) That there isn't anywhere to go from here.
(b) That the story didn't have a happy ending.
(c) That there couldn't possibly be more.
(d) That he doesn't like his job.
3. Nickles' being unable to find his mask represents the helplessness of humans when we are not able to use God for what?
(a) A healer.
(b) A blame for events.
(c) An excuse for our behavior.
(d) A comforter.
4. Nickles and Zuss both lose what at the beginning of Scene 10?
(a) Their ideas.
(b) Their roles.
(c) Their masks.
(d) Their tempers.
5. How many aspects of human existence is this play an allegory about?
Short Answer Questions
1. Eliphaz says that choices are from where?
2. Nickles climbs up the ladder at the end of Scene 8 and calls God by his name in what language?
3. Who urges J.B. to take the new life that is being offered to him?
4. The four women and young girl who appear function as what type of character that is often seen in Ancient Greek theater?
5. When Nickles asks J.B. if he knows what happens at the end, J.B. says what?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)