Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Once Nickles and Zuss have their masks on, where do they quote lines from?
(a) The Bible.
(b) History books.
(c) Famous movies.
2. J.B.'s song at the end of Scene 1represents what?
(a) The tone of the play.
(b) The motive of the play.
(c) The mood of the play.
(d) The theme of the play.
3. Nickles says that the real reason for suffering is to learn that everything ends in what?
(a) Death and dirt.
(b) Death and sorrow.
(c) Death and pity.
(d) Death and emptiness.
4. What does Mr. Zuss sell?
5. What color are the uniforms of the concession vendors?
Short Answer Questions
1. J.B. sings a song that says, "To be, become, and end are all _____."
2. The argument of the play is that the only way to live and transcend suffering is through what?
3. Sarah says that if they forget God, God will do what?
4. Who is the Distant Voice meant to represent?
5. At the end of the Prologue, what holiday is J.B. shown at?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does J.B. view his luck at his Thanksgiving dinner?
2. What do the blossoms on Sarah's twig at the end of the play represent?
3. Why does Sarah protest J.B.'s thoughts that God doesn't punish without cause?
4. Why do Sarah and J.B. let the drunken soldiers into their home?
5. What does Zuss tell Nickles that there is left to complete in the story, when Nickles says that there couldn't possibly be more?
6. Why does Zuss think that nothing would influence the way J.B. acts, and that certainly being poor will not influence him?
7. When Sarah returns to J.B., what does she tell him is the reason she left him?
8. Who is Zophar?
9. What is an allegory?
10. When J.B. prays to God for death, what is Sarah's response?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)