|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Existentialism says that life is mainly full of what?
2. J.B. refers to the regularity of morning and spring to show that God can be what?
(c) Counted upon.
3. Nickles says that the real reason for suffering is to learn that everything ends in what?
(a) Death and emptiness.
(b) Death and pity.
(c) Death and dirt.
(d) Death and sorrow.
4. When the writer uses words that begin with the same sound to get the attention of the reader, it is called what?
5. Zuss wonders if J.B. knows that he is a(n) ______ in the story.
(b) Minor character.
(c) Main character.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the Prologue set?
2. Where is the story of Job found?
3. To Zuss and Nickles, J.B. is playing a role in deciding the argument between what two entities?
4. How long does it take for J.B. and Sarah to call the police about their missing daughter?
5. When Sarah and J.B. invite the soldiers into the house, where do they go to sit and talk?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does J.B. view his luck at his Thanksgiving dinner?
2. How is J.B. and Sarah's youngest daughter killed?
3. What does placing the conflict of faith and fear in the relationship of a husband and wife suggest?
4. What is the role of the First and Second Messenger?
5. Why does J.B. tell Sarah not to ask each child if they thanked God?
6. Why do Sarah and J.B. let the drunken soldiers into their home?
7. What is an allegory?
8. What thematic statement is made by the actions in Scene 10?
9. Why, in Scene 7, is Nickles angry at J.B.'s experiences?
10. What do Zuss and Nickles become instruments of at the end of Scene 7?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)