|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Mr. Nickles and Mr. Zuss step onto the stage, who is Mr. Zuss going to play?
(d) St. Peter.
2. J.B. sings a song that says, "To be, become, and end are all _____."
3. When Zuss and Nickles are arguing about the role of suffering in J.B.'s life, they are ______ to the story of Job in the Bible.
4. Nickles says that J.B. would play his role differently if he were what?
5. When J.B. and Sarah are arguing over whether God's blessings are earned or simply given, what happens to interrupt them?
(a) One child asks for a story.
(b) One child asks Sarah to put him to bed.
(c) One child becomes sick.
(d) One child asks for the wishbone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does existentialism say about God?
2. Sarah lives her life indulging in blaming rage and what?
3. The soldier mentions doing the best they could for David, but says that they didn't have the right length of _________.
4. J.B. says that when he was a kid, the light of ______ was the light of God.
5. What is the name of Sarah and J.B.'s son who is off at war?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the blossoms on Sarah's twig at the end of the play represent?
2. What are Sarah and J.B.'s reactions to the death of David?
3. What does Bildad say about J.B.'s claim of innocence?
4. Sarah and J.B. are arguing over what subject at Thanksgiving?
5. Who is Mr. Zuss?
6. Why, in Scene 7, is Nickles angry at J.B.'s experiences?
7. What does Zuss tell Nickles that there is left to complete in the story, when Nickles says that there couldn't possibly be more?
8. What thematic statement is made by the actions in Scene 10?
9. What is Zophar's argument about why J.B. is guilty?
10. Why is Nickles complaining in the beginning of Scene 8?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)