|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Nickles says that the real reason for suffering is to learn that everything ends in what?
(a) Death and emptiness.
(b) Death and dirt.
(c) Death and sorrow.
(d) Death and pity.
2. Some people say that J.B. is lucky, but J.B. attributes his "luck" to what?
(a) God's knowledge.
(b) God's thanks.
(c) God's blessings.
(d) God's acts.
3. Whose story do Mr. Nickles and Mr. Zuss portray on the stage?
4. What kind of mask is Mr. Nickles supposed to wear?
(a) A mask depicting discontent and hatred.
(b) A mask depicting laughter and disgust.
(c) A mask depicting smirking and disgust.
(d) A mask depicting evil and hatred.
5. How many of J.B.'s children are in a car that is hit by a drunk driver?
Short Answer Questions
1. Sarah tells them that David's ______ are probably much dirtier than theirs.
2. Nickles and Zuss are what type of characters?
3. To Zuss and Nickles, J.B. is playing a role in deciding the argument between what two entities?
4. Zuss wonders if J.B. knows that he is a(n) ______ in the story.
5. The name "Zuss" resembles what god from Ancient Greece?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are Zuss and Nickles unable to put on their masks in Scene 7?
2. What does Zuss tell Nickles that there is left to complete in the story, when Nickles says that there couldn't possibly be more?
3. How is J.B. and Sarah's youngest daughter killed?
4. What is Zophar's argument about why J.B. is guilty?
5. Why, in Scene 7, is Nickles angry at J.B.'s experiences?
6. What thematic statement is made by the actions in Scene 10?
7. What is the conflict that J.B. and Sarah represent?
8. How do the states of faith and fear represent the traditional state of mankind?
9. How does Sarah compare J.B. and the children's views of blessings?
10. Who is Mr. Zuss?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)