|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many of J.B.'s children are in a car that is hit by a drunk driver?
2. Whose story do Mr. Nickles and Mr. Zuss portray on the stage?
3. There are two traditional aspects of man's relationship with God as portrayed in the story. The first is ______ in God's love.
4. At the beginning of Scene 2, what do Zuss and Nickles remove?
(a) Their belts.
(b) Their masks.
(c) Their costumes.
(d) Their uniforms.
5. When Sarah and J.B. invite the soldiers into the house, where do they go to sit and talk?
(a) On the back porch.
(b) To the front porch.
(c) In front of the fire.
(d) In the kitchen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Allegory is a form of extended ______.
2. The scene between the family shows the _____ between J.B. and Sarah about their beliefs.
3. What is the modern day religion closest to existentialism?
4. What does Mr. Nickles sell?
5. Before Zuss can shout out his faith in J.B.'s faith, Nickles asks him what question?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does J.B. want to know why he is being punished?
2. When Nickles says that Zuss should look pleased because J.B. is playing the role Zuss wanted him to, what is Zuss' response?
3. What do the group of women and the young girl do when they first arrive on the stage?
4. Who is Mr. Zuss?
5. What does the debate over whether J.B. knows he is an actor suggest?
6. Why does Zuss think that nothing would influence the way J.B. acts, and that certainly being poor will not influence him?
7. How do the states of faith and fear represent the traditional state of mankind?
8. How would you, as a reader, sum up the whole of Scene 10?
9. When J.B. prays to God for death, what is Sarah's response?
10. At the end of Scene 2, what do Zuss and Nickles do?
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)