|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The text of the play is written in what?
(a) Blank verse.
(b) Tetromic pentameter.
(c) Choric verse.
(d) Trochaic iameter.
2. Whose story do Mr. Nickles and Mr. Zuss portray on the stage?
3. J.B.'s song at the end of Scene 1represents what?
(a) The tone of the play.
(b) The motive of the play.
(c) The mood of the play.
(d) The theme of the play.
4. According to the allegory this play represents, human life is lived according to what?
(a) God's will.
(b) Man's will.
(c) Man's pleasures.
(d) God's pleasures.
5. At the beginning of Scene 2, what do Zuss and Nickles remove?
(a) Their masks.
(b) Their uniforms.
(c) Their belts.
(d) Their costumes.
Short Answer Questions
1. J.B. says that Sarah "thinks you can choose among your _____: well you don't, you love the lot of them."
2. How does Mr. Nickles describe Job's situation?
3. What does Nickles want to do when he climbs down the ladder?
4. Where is the story of Job found?
5. How long is J.B.'s grace at the meal in Scene 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the states of faith and fear represent the traditional state of mankind?
2. What does Zuss do when he declares he's sick of the whole business?
3. Why does Nickles believe that J.B. has to suffer?
4. When J.B. says that he called God, not the Three Comforters, what is their answer?
5. What is Sarah holding in her hand when she returns to J.B., and why?
6. Who is Zophar?
7. What is Zophar's argument about why J.B. is guilty?
8. Why does Sarah protest J.B.'s thoughts that God doesn't punish without cause?
9. When Sarah returns to J.B., what does she tell him is the reason she left him?
10. What does Nickles think would make a difference in J.B.'s performance of Job?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)