|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Some people say that J.B. is lucky, but J.B. attributes his "luck" to what?
(a) God's blessings.
(b) God's knowledge.
(c) God's thanks.
(d) God's acts.
2. What color are the uniforms of the concession vendors?
3. The Messengers bring Sarah into the house, dirty and bruised. Where has she been?
(a) She was trapped under the wall of a collapsing building.
(b) She fell off a bridge.
(c) She was beaten up by a gang member.
(d) She was in a car accident.
4. At the end of Scene 2, after Zuss and Nickles quote lines, the lights change and the audience is taken where?
(a) To a church.
(b) To the scene of an accident.
(c) Back to the dining room table.
(d) To a funeral.
5. After coming down from their platform, how do Nickles and Zuss return to their platform?
(a) With their feet tied.
(b) With their hands tied.
(c) Arm in arm.
(d) In handcuffs.
Short Answer Questions
1. J.B. says that Sarah "thinks you can choose among your _____: well you don't, you love the lot of them."
2. Nickles says that the real reason for suffering is to learn that everything ends in what?
3. Once Nickles and Zuss have their masks on, where do they quote lines from?
4. What word characterizes Zuss' and Nickles' thoughts about J.B.'s acting abilities?
5. How many children do J.B. and Sarah have?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Nickles think that God is laughing at Job?
2. What is an allegory?
3. What do J.B. and Sarah feel, even when they sleep?
4. What is Zuss' answer to why J.B. has to suffer?
5. What does Nickles think would make a difference in J.B.'s performance of Job?
6. When J.B. and Sarah try to figure out why they had children killed by a drunk driver, what does J.B. say to answer Sarah's question of why God did this to them?
7. What is Zophar's argument about why J.B. is guilty?
8. What do the blossoms on Sarah's twig at the end of the play represent?
9. When J.B. says that he called God, not the Three Comforters, what is their answer?
10. What is similar about the argument at the end of Scene 7 between Zuss and Nickles to other arguments in the play?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)