|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The soldier mentions doing the best they could for David, but says that they didn't have the right length of _________.
2. The scene between the family shows the _____ between J.B. and Sarah about their beliefs.
3. Sarah sings a song to the children that wonders what?
(a) Where the sun goes when it goes down.
(b) Where the days go when they're over.
(c) Where prayers go when they are made.
(d) Where wishes go once they are wished.
4. Where does Sarah believe that blessings come from?
(c) The Church.
5. How does Mr. Nickles describe Job's situation?
Short Answer Questions
1. What color are the uniforms of the concession vendors?
2. What is Sarah arranging on the table when she and J.B. notice two drunk soldiers across the street?
3. When Zuss and Nickles are arguing about the role of suffering in J.B.'s life, they are ______ to the story of Job in the Bible.
4. When Mr. Zuss says that the world is a great place, what does Mr. Nickles say it is?
5. Who is the Distant Voice meant to represent?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is J.B. and Sarah's youngest daughter killed?
2. What does Zuss do when he declares he's sick of the whole business?
3. What is the story of Job about?
4. Why, in Scene 7, is Nickles angry at J.B.'s experiences?
5. What is Sarah holding in her hand when she returns to J.B., and why?
6. Why is Nickles complaining in the beginning of Scene 8?
7. When Nickles says that Zuss should look pleased because J.B. is playing the role Zuss wanted him to, what is Zuss' response?
8. When Sarah suggests that there will be enough light to live by, and understand by, what is she suggesting about faith?
9. What is Sarah suggesting when she says that they "blow on the coal of the heart?"
10. What do the blossoms on Sarah's twig at the end of the play represent?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)