|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. J.B. refers to the regularity of morning and spring to show that God can be what?
(c) Counted upon.
2. Sarah tells them that David's ______ are probably much dirtier than theirs.
3. Nickles and Zuss are what type of characters?
4. What is J.B. and Sarah's daughter holding in her fist when she is found?
(a) A toy umbrella.
(b) A stuffed animal.
(c) A toy doll.
(d) A toy tea pot.
5. The soldier mentions doing the best they could for David, but says that they didn't have the right length of _________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sarah think the two soldiers have for her and J.B.?
2. Sarah says that you cannot take God's blessings as a gift, but that God is owed _______ in return.
3. Some people say that J.B. is lucky, but J.B. attributes his "luck" to what?
4. The lesson of the allegory that this play represents is that we can face whatever happens with acceptance and grace. Which character represents this viewpoint?
5. Existentialism says that the sum total of existence is what human beings _______.
Short Essay Questions
1. When Zuss says that it is indecent to laugh at God, what does Nickles say?
2. How does Nickles refer to God?
3. What is an allegory?
4. Why do Sarah and J.B. let the drunken soldiers into their home?
5. Why does Nickles say that J.B. would never be willing to take his life back?
6. How do the states of faith and fear represent the traditional state of mankind?
7. Why are Zuss and Nickles unable to put on their masks in Scene 7?
8. Who is Zophar?
9. Why does J.B. want to know why he is being punished?
10. Who is Mr. Nickles?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)