|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mr. Nickles and Mr. Zuss, in the Prologue, describe the stage as what?
(c) On the ground.
(d) In the sky.
2. Once Nickles and Zuss have their masks on, where do they quote lines from?
(a) History books.
(c) The Bible.
(d) Famous movies.
3. What are Zuss and Nickles holding while they watch Sarah and J.B. realize their son is dead?
(c) Their masks.
4. J.B. represents what side of belief in God?
5. J.B. says that Sarah "thinks you can choose among your _____: well you don't, you love the lot of them."
Short Answer Questions
1. When Mr. Nickles and Mr. Zuss step onto the stage, who is Mr. Zuss going to play?
2. After Sarah sings her song, the children ask J.B. to do what?
3. When Mr. Zuss climbs the ladder, what kind of mask does he find?
4. J.B. sings a song that says, "To be, become, and end are all _____."
5. At the end of Scene 2, after Zuss and Nickles quote lines, the lights change and the audience is taken where?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Nickles says that Zuss should look pleased because J.B. is playing the role Zuss wanted him to, what is Zuss' response?
2. Who is Mr. Nickles?
3. What do the blossoms on Sarah's twig at the end of the play represent?
4. What does Nickles think about Zuss' line, "His will, our peace?"
5. When J.B. and Sarah try to figure out why they had children killed by a drunk driver, what does J.B. say to answer Sarah's question of why God did this to them?
6. Why does Nickles think that God is laughing at Job?
7. Who is Mr. Zuss?
8. Why does Zuss think that nothing would influence the way J.B. acts, and that certainly being poor will not influence him?
9. Why does J.B. want to know why he is being punished?
10. When the maids bring out the food, what do the children and J.B. say?
This section contains 859 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)