|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Sarah and J.B. invite the soldiers into the house, where do they go to sit and talk?
(a) To the front porch.
(b) On the back porch.
(c) In the kitchen.
(d) In front of the fire.
2. At the beginning of Scene 2, what do Zuss and Nickles remove?
(a) Their uniforms.
(b) Their masks.
(c) Their costumes.
(d) Their belts.
3. Sarah lives her life indulging in blaming rage and what?
(a) Faithful obedience.
(b) Fearless blessings.
(c) Fearful obedience.
(d) Fearful gratitude.
4. How long is J.B.'s grace at the meal in Scene 1?
(a) Of moderate length.
(b) Long enough.
(d) Very brief.
5. Why do J.B. and Sarah wait to call the police?
(a) They thought they could find her on their own.
(b) They thought she was at a friend's house.
(c) They thought she would simply come home.
(d) They thought nothing was wrong.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Mr. Zuss climbs the ladder, what kind of mask does he find?
2. Once Nickles and Zuss have their masks on, where do they quote lines from?
3. Sarah compares their children to J.B., saying that they both show gratitude the way a woman does what?
4. What book of the Old Testament are Zuss and Nickles basing their lines on at the end of Scene 2?
5. What does Nickles want to do when he climbs down the ladder?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the conflict that J.B. and Sarah represent?
2. Why is Nickles complaining in the beginning of Scene 8?
3. What does Nickles think about Zuss' line, "His will, our peace?"
4. How does Sarah compare J.B. and the children's views of blessings?
5. Why do Sarah and J.B. let the drunken soldiers into their home?
6. When Nickles says that Zuss should look pleased because J.B. is playing the role Zuss wanted him to, what is Zuss' response?
7. When the maids bring out the food, what do the children and J.B. say?
8. Why does Nickles think that God is laughing at Job?
9. What does Nickles' inability to find his mask represent?
10. What does placing the conflict of faith and fear in the relationship of a husband and wife suggest?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)