|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sarah lives her life indulging in blaming rage and what?
(a) Fearful gratitude.
(b) Faithful obedience.
(c) Fearful obedience.
(d) Fearless blessings.
2. When Mr. Nickles and Mr. Zuss step onto the stage, who is Mr. Zuss going to play?
(a) St. Peter.
3. What are Zuss and Nickles holding while they watch Sarah and J.B. realize their son is dead?
(d) Their masks.
4. Zuss wonders if J.B. knows that he is a(n) ______ in the story.
(c) Minor character.
(d) Main character.
5. What is J.B. and Sarah's daughter holding in her fist when she is found?
(a) A toy doll.
(b) A stuffed animal.
(c) A toy tea pot.
(d) A toy umbrella.
Short Answer Questions
1. Nickles says that J.B. would play his role differently if he were what?
2. Before Zuss can shout out his faith in J.B.'s faith, Nickles asks him what question?
3. What does Mr. Nickles sell?
4. What is Sarah arranging on the table when she and J.B. notice two drunk soldiers across the street?
5. In the story of Job, Satan bets God that if God were to curse Job, Job would do what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Nickles say that J.B. would never be willing to take his life back?
2. What is Zophar's argument about why J.B. is guilty?
3. How does J.B. view his luck at his Thanksgiving dinner?
4. How do the soldiers suggest that David is dead?
5. Why does J.B. want to know why he is being punished?
6. What does Nickles think would make a difference in J.B.'s performance of Job?
7. What is similar about the argument at the end of Scene 7 between Zuss and Nickles to other arguments in the play?
8. How do the states of faith and fear represent the traditional state of mankind?
9. When J.B. prays to God for death, what is Sarah's response?
10. Describe the Satan-mask and the God-mask.
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)