|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is J.B. and Sarah's daughter holding in her fist when she is found?
(a) A toy doll.
(b) A toy tea pot.
(c) A stuffed animal.
(d) A toy umbrella.
2. The second traditional aspect of man's relationship with God is fear of His _________.
3. When Sarah and J.B. invite the soldiers into the house, where do they go to sit and talk?
(a) In front of the fire.
(b) To the front porch.
(c) In the kitchen.
(d) On the back porch.
4. Sarah sings a song to the children that wonders what?
(a) Where wishes go once they are wished.
(b) Where prayers go when they are made.
(c) Where the sun goes when it goes down.
(d) Where the days go when they're over.
5. J.B. says that Sarah "thinks you can choose among your _____: well you don't, you love the lot of them."
Short Answer Questions
1. The soldier mentions doing the best they could for David, but says that they didn't have the right length of _________.
2. What does Mr. Zuss sell?
3. Nickles says that the real reason for suffering is to learn that everything ends in what?
4. Where does Sarah believe that blessings come from?
5. Zuss says that ______ will enable J.B. to see God more clearly.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are Zuss and Nickles unable to put on their masks in Scene 7?
2. In Scene 2, what does Zuss wonder about J.B.'s acting?
3. What does Zuss tell Nickles that there is left to complete in the story, when Nickles says that there couldn't possibly be more?
4. When the maids bring out the food, what do the children and J.B. say?
5. How is J.B. and Sarah's youngest daughter killed?
6. How does Sarah suggest that she and J.B. see into the darkness on the other side of the door?
7. Why does Nickles say that J.B. would never be willing to take his life back?
8. What is the role of the First and Second Messenger?
9. Why does J.B. want to know why he is being punished?
10. What does Zuss do when he declares he's sick of the whole business?
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)