|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who declares that J.B. has done exactly as he hoped he would, and has affirmed his faith in God?
2. After Zuss and Nickles put on their masks in Scene 7, what is the name of the character who urges God to destroy J.B.'s body?
3. Zophar says that without guilt there can be no what?
4. The final argument between Zuss and Nickles in Scene 7 mirrors an argument they have at the end of what scene?
(a) Scene 4.
(b) Scene 5.
(c) Scene 3.
(d) Scene 2.
5. Zuss is angry that after being shown all of God's glory J.B. simply what?
(a) Gave in.
(c) Accepted fate.
6. When J.B. is lying on the broken down table, what is he wearing?
(a) A towel.
(b) A suit.
7. The women, in Scene 8, remember J.B. and Sarah from the days when they are what?
(a) Rich and successful.
(b) Benevolent and joyful.
(c) Praiseworthy and laughing.
(d) Powerful leaders.
8. J.B. and Sarah, now that everything has been taken from them, say that even when they sleep they feel what?
(a) Desire to be better people.
(b) Eyes upon them.
(c) Pain and suffering.
(d) Deep sorrow.
9. Nickles says that God has won the way he always wins, and searches for what?
(a) His clothing.
(b) His script.
(c) His soda.
(d) His popcorn.
10. Nickles and Zuss both lose what at the beginning of Scene 10?
(a) Their tempers.
(b) Their ideas.
(c) Their masks.
(d) Their roles.
11. Why does Sarah leave J.B.?
(a) Because he is covered with sores.
(b) Because he continues in his beliefs.
(c) Because he believes her to be guilty of sin.
(d) Because he reminds her of the children.
12. How does Nickles characterize Sarah and J.B.s experiences in the play, thus far?
(a) Disgusting and trite.
(b) Regressive and hateful.
(c) Indecent and immoral.
(d) Ridiculous and spiteful.
13. Nickles climbs up the ladder at the end of Scene 8 and calls God by what name?
14. When God doesn't respond to Nickles' call at the end of Scene 8, he suggests that someone needs to appear. Who is it?
(a) The Four Comforters.
(b) The Comforters.
(c) The Deserving Comforters.
(d) The Three Comforters.
15. J.B. shouts that he will not listen to Eliphaz's argument and then does what?
(a) Covers his eyes.
(c) Gets on his knees.
(d) Covers his ears.
Short Answer Questions
1. Eliphaz says that choices are from where?
2. What does Bildad wear?
3. What does Eliphaz wear?
4. The quote, "His will, our peace" comes from what author?
5. J.B., even though he is covered with sores, says that God only punishes if he has what?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)