|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After arguing about the value of suffering, what does Nickles challenge Zuss to do?
(a) Convince Sarah of his point of view.
(b) Change his point of view.
(c) Put on his mask.
(d) See things from the other side.
2. What do the women, in Scene 8, sit on around J.B. and Sarah?
(b) The ground.
3. After Zuss calls for the lights in Scene 10, what does Nickles complain about?
(a) That the story didn't have a happy ending.
(b) That he doesn't like his job.
(c) That there isn't anywhere to go from here.
(d) That there couldn't possibly be more.
4. The women describe Zophar, Eliphaz, and Bildad as people who feed on what?
(a) The sorrows of others.
(b) The misfortunes of others.
(c) The luck of others.
(d) The misery of others.
5. How does Nickles characterize Sarah and J.B.s experiences in the play, thus far?
(a) Indecent and immoral.
(b) Disgusting and trite.
(c) Ridiculous and spiteful.
(d) Regressive and hateful.
6. J.B. shouts that he will not listen to Eliphaz's argument and then does what?
(a) Covers his eyes.
(b) Covers his ears.
(c) Gets on his knees.
7. Eliphaz says that choices are from where?
(a) Primal instincts.
(b) Societal knowledge.
(c) The subconscious.
(d) The conscious.
8. One of the women watching J.B. says that she has had a dream about the queen of what country?
9. Nickles complains that God has done what, tumbling a whole city down to blister one man's skin with agony?
(a) Gone over the deep end.
(b) Been obsessive.
(c) Gone over the top.
(d) Become vengeful.
10. Why does Zuss call for the lights in Scene 10?
(a) The story's not over.
(b) The epilogue has to begin.
(c) Another play has to start.
(d) The story is over.
11. Scene 7 echoes the scene in the biblical story of Job, in which God points out that Job has done exactly as he _______.
12. What does Zophar wear?
(a) A stole.
(b) A robe.
(c) A bishop's mitre.
(d) A clerical collar.
13. J.B. doesn't believe that God will give him everything back, but then he notices what?
(a) Sarah around the corner.
(b) A briefcase full of money.
(c) His house is standing.
(d) The sores on his arms are healed.
14. After seeing J.B.'s body covered in blisters and everything that has happened, Sarah calls God what?
(c) The enemy.
15. The quote, "His will, our peace," comes from what book?
(a) The Divine Mystery.
(b) The Confessions.
(c) The Inferno.
(d) The Letters to the Romans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bildad wear?
2. When Nickles asks J.B. if he knows what happens at the end, J.B. says what?
3. In Scene 7, who quotes God's lines from the Bible where he asks the devil to consider the perfection of Job's devotion?
4. Zophar says that mankind has no what because they are born in sin?
5. The four women and young girl who appear function as what type of character that is often seen in Ancient Greek theater?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)