|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Nickles think that J.B. will not take his life back?
(a) Because he doesn't want to suffer again.
(b) Because that's not the way it works for him.
(c) Because he doesn't think he deserves it.
(d) Because he doesn't want his life back.
2. J.B. doesn't believe that God will give him everything back, but then he notices what?
(a) A briefcase full of money.
(b) Sarah around the corner.
(c) His house is standing.
(d) The sores on his arms are healed.
3. The women, in Scene 8, remember J.B. and Sarah from the days when they are what?
(a) Benevolent and joyful.
(b) Powerful leaders.
(c) Praiseworthy and laughing.
(d) Rich and successful.
4. Eliphaz says that guilt is what?
(a) An emotion.
(b) A joke.
(c) An illusion.
(d) A mockery.
5. The women, in Scene 8, believe that the skin represents what?
(a) What we can see.
(b) What we can observe.
(c) What we know.
(d) What we can feel.
6. Why does J.B. apologize to Zophar, Eliphaz, and Bildad?
(a) For how he looks.
(b) For not having a place for them to sit.
(c) For his faith.
(d) For not having anything to offer them.
7. Nickles equates God's will not with _______, but with being ruled and submission.
8. Nickles climbs up the ladder at the end of Scene 8 and calls God by what name?
9. At the end of Scene 9, what does J.B. accept?
(a) God's judgment.
(d) That he is a sinner.
10. One of the women watching J.B. says that she has had a dream about the queen of what country?
11. After J.B. realizes that Sarah is gone, he cries out for God to do what?
(a) Show him his guilt.
(b) Kill him.
(c) Comfort him.
(d) Bring Sarah back.
12. J.B. says that unless there is guilt, what has no meaning?
(b) The world.
13. Bildad says that justice will come when?
(a) When it comes.
(b) At the end of time.
(c) In the lifetime of one man.
(d) At the end of the earth.
14. J.B., even though he is covered with sores, says that God only punishes if he has what?
(a) Reward in the end.
(b) Knowledge of the truth.
(c) A reason.
(d) Weighing the consequences.
15. J.B. says he's tired of what when Nickles argues with him about the end?
Short Answer Questions
1. The final argument between Zuss and Nickles in Scene 7 mirrors an argument they have at the end of what scene?
2. The Distant Voice asks J.B. why he thinks he is worthy to confront and _______ the creator of the universe.
3. Nickles complains that God has done what, tumbling a whole city down to blister one man's skin with agony?
4. Who says, "His will, our peace?"
5. Zophar says that mankind has no what because they are born in sin?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)