|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When J.B. is lying on the broken down table, what is he wearing?
(a) A suit.
(c) A towel.
2. What does Zophar wear?
(a) A stole.
(b) A clerical collar.
(c) A robe.
(d) A bishop's mitre.
3. Why does J.B. apologize to Zophar, Eliphaz, and Bildad?
(a) For not having a place for them to sit.
(b) For not having anything to offer them.
(c) For his faith.
(d) For how he looks.
4. Who declares that J.B. has done exactly as he hoped he would, and has affirmed his faith in God?
5. J.B. doesn't believe that God will give him everything back, but then he notices what?
(a) A briefcase full of money.
(b) Sarah around the corner.
(c) The sores on his arms are healed.
(d) His house is standing.
6. Why does Sarah leave J.B.?
(a) Because he believes her to be guilty of sin.
(b) Because he continues in his beliefs.
(c) Because he is covered with sores.
(d) Because he reminds her of the children.
7. At the end of Scene 9, what does J.B. accept?
(a) God's judgment.
(c) That he is a sinner.
8. Nickles complains that God has done what, tumbling a whole city down to blister one man's skin with agony?
(a) Been obsessive.
(b) Become vengeful.
(c) Gone over the top.
(d) Gone over the deep end.
9. How many aspects of human existence is this play an allegory about?
10. The quote, "His will, our peace," comes from what book?
(a) The Divine Mystery.
(b) The Letters to the Romans.
(c) The Inferno.
(d) The Confessions.
11. The four women and young girl who appear function as what type of character that is often seen in Ancient Greek theater?
(a) A chorus.
(b) A side-actor.
(c) A narrator.
(d) An observer.
12. Sarah doesn't believe J.B. that her children must have had some sin to be punished. She believes her children are what?
(a) Innocent bystanders.
(b) Innocent victims.
(c) Innocent children.
(d) Innocent actors.
13. Zophar says that without guilt there can be no what?
14. Zuss says he's sick to death of the whole business and looks for the belt with what on it?
(d) Foam fingers.
15. At the beginning of Scene 10, Nickles calls Zuss what?
Short Answer Questions
1. The final argument between Zuss and Nickles in Scene 7 mirrors an argument they have at the end of what scene?
2. Why does Nickles think that J.B. will not take his life back?
3. What does Nickles hear before he leaves J.B.?
4. The women, in Scene 8, believe that the skin represents what?
5. Who urges J.B. to take the new life that is being offered to him?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)