|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Nickles climbs up the ladder at the end of Scene 8 and calls God by what name?
2. J.B. shouts that he will not listen to Eliphaz's argument and then does what?
(a) Covers his ears.
(c) Gets on his knees.
(d) Covers his eyes.
3. What do the women, in Scene 8, sit on around J.B. and Sarah?
(b) The ground.
4. Now that he is covered in blisters and everything is taken from him, J.B. prays to God for what?
5. What does Bildad wear?
(a) A pilot's jacket.
(b) A tuxedo.
(c) An Italian suit.
(d) A leather windbreaker.
6. When J.B. is lying on the broken down table, what is he wearing?
(a) A towel.
(d) A suit.
7. The women describe Zophar, Eliphaz, and Bildad as people who feed on what?
(a) The misfortunes of others.
(b) The sorrows of others.
(c) The misery of others.
(d) The luck of others.
8. After Zuss and Nickles put on their masks in Scene 7, what is the name of the character who urges God to destroy J.B.'s body?
9. Why does Nickles think that J.B. will not take his life back?
(a) Because he doesn't want his life back.
(b) Because that's not the way it works for him.
(c) Because he doesn't want to suffer again.
(d) Because he doesn't think he deserves it.
10. At the end of Scene 9, what does J.B. accept?
(a) That he is a sinner.
(d) God's judgment.
11. The final argument between Zuss and Nickles in Scene 7 mirrors an argument they have at the end of what scene?
(a) Scene 5.
(b) Scene 4.
(c) Scene 3.
(d) Scene 2.
12. The women, in Scene 8, believe that the skin represents what?
(a) What we can see.
(b) What we can observe.
(c) What we know.
(d) What we can feel.
13. J.B., even though he is covered with sores, says that God only punishes if he has what?
(a) Reward in the end.
(b) A reason.
(c) Knowledge of the truth.
(d) Weighing the consequences.
14. The women, in Scene 8, believe that the heart is always what?
(c) A mystery.
(d) A sign.
15. When God doesn't respond to Nickles' call at the end of Scene 8, he suggests that someone needs to appear. Who is it?
(a) The Deserving Comforters.
(b) The Three Comforters.
(c) The Four Comforters.
(d) The Comforters.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Zuss and Nickles put on their masks at the end of Scene 7, what is the emotion they feel towards the expanse of God and the depth of his knowledge?
2. When Zuss and Nickles are able to put their masks on again in Scene 7, they become what?
3. Who says, "His will, our peace?"
4. Nickles complains that God has done what, tumbling a whole city down to blister one man's skin with agony?
5. Why does Zuss call for the lights in Scene 10?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)