|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Scene 10, Nickles calls Zuss what?
2. Why does Zuss call for the lights in Scene 10?
(a) The epilogue has to begin.
(b) The story's not over.
(c) The story is over.
(d) Another play has to start.
3. After arguing about the value of suffering, what does Nickles challenge Zuss to do?
(a) Put on his mask.
(b) Convince Sarah of his point of view.
(c) Change his point of view.
(d) See things from the other side.
4. When J.B. is lying on the broken down table, what is he wearing?
(c) A suit.
(d) A towel.
5. What does Bildad wear?
(a) A leather windbreaker.
(b) An Italian suit.
(c) A tuxedo.
(d) A pilot's jacket.
6. Zophar, Eliphaz, and Bildad offer what type of answer to J.B.'s question about what he has done?
7. Zophar says that mankind has no what because they are born in sin?
8. When J.B. and Sarah both pray for sleep, the women recall the death of Sarah and J.B.'s children and wonder whether Sarah will do what?
(a) Die in an accident.
(b) Love J.B.
(c) Commit suicide.
(d) Leave J.B.
9. What does Eliphaz wear?
(b) A suit.
(c) An intern's jacket.
(d) A long lab coat.
10. One of the women watching J.B. says that she has had a dream about the queen of what country?
11. The women, in Scene 8, remember J.B. and Sarah from the days when they are what?
(a) Rich and successful.
(b) Powerful leaders.
(c) Praiseworthy and laughing.
(d) Benevolent and joyful.
12. Who declares that J.B. has done exactly as he hoped he would, and has affirmed his faith in God?
13. After J.B. calms God down, what does he do?
(a) Forgave God.
(b) Forgave Nickles.
(c) Forgave Sarah.
(d) Forgave himself.
14. J.B. says that unless there is guilt, what has no meaning?
(d) The world.
15. The women, in Scene 8, believe that the heart is always what?
(c) A mystery.
(d) A sign.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who urges J.B. to take the new life that is being offered to him?
2. Why does Nickles think that J.B. will not take his life back?
3. Zuss is angry that after being shown all of God's glory J.B. simply what?
4. The women, in Scene 8, believe that the skin represents what?
5. Eliphaz says that guilt is what?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)