|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bildad wear?
(a) An Italian suit.
(b) A leather windbreaker.
(c) A tuxedo.
(d) A pilot's jacket.
2. The women describe Zophar, Eliphaz, and Bildad as people who feed on what?
(a) The luck of others.
(b) The misfortunes of others.
(c) The misery of others.
(d) The sorrows of others.
3. The quote, "His will, our peace," comes from what book?
(a) The Letters to the Romans.
(b) The Confessions.
(c) The Inferno.
(d) The Divine Mystery.
4. In Scene 9, the Distant Voice speaks, accompanied by what?
(a) An angelic chorus.
(d) Rushing wind.
5. The Distant Voice asks J.B. why he thinks he is worthy to confront and _______ the creator of the universe.
(a) Speak to.
(d) Plead with.
6. When Nickles asks J.B. if he knows what happens at the end, J.B. says what?
(a) That there is no end.
(b) That only God knows everything.
(c) That this is a new beginning.
(d) That he doesn't know anything.
7. Nickles complains that God has done what, tumbling a whole city down to blister one man's skin with agony?
(a) Gone over the deep end.
(b) Gone over the top.
(c) Become vengeful.
(d) Been obsessive.
8. What does Nickles hear before he leaves J.B.?
(a) A bell.
(b) Someone at the door.
(c) A telephone ring.
(d) Someone in the garage.
9. Who says, "His will, our peace?"
10. Eliphaz says that choices are from where?
(a) Societal knowledge.
(b) The subconscious.
(c) The conscious.
(d) Primal instincts.
11. Nickles and Zuss both lose what at the beginning of Scene 10?
(a) Their tempers.
(b) Their masks.
(c) Their roles.
(d) Their ideas.
12. When Zuss and Nickles put on their masks at the end of Scene 7, what is the emotion they feel towards the expanse of God and the depth of his knowledge?
13. Nickles climbs up the ladder at the end of Scene 8 and calls God by what name?
14. What makes Zuss and Nickles able to put on their masks again?
(a) They agree to finish the story they started.
(b) They agree to stay out of J.B.'s life.
(c) They agree to help Sarah.
(d) They agree to reverse everything that has happened.
15. In Scene 7, who quotes God's lines from the Bible where he asks the devil to consider the perfection of Job's devotion?
(c) Distant Voice.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Zuss call for the lights in Scene 10?
2. The women, in Scene 8, remember J.B. and Sarah from the days when they are what?
3. When J.B. and Sarah both pray for sleep, the women recall the death of Sarah and J.B.'s children and wonder whether Sarah will do what?
4. The women, in Scene 8, believe that the skin represents what?
5. When God doesn't respond to Nickles' call at the end of Scene 8, he suggests that someone needs to appear. Who is it?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)