|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Nickles characterize Sarah and J.B.s experiences in the play, thus far?
(a) Disgusting and trite.
(b) Indecent and immoral.
(c) Regressive and hateful.
(d) Ridiculous and spiteful.
2. When J.B. is lying on the broken down table, what is he wearing?
(a) A suit.
(d) A towel.
3. When Zuss and Nickles are able to put their masks on again in Scene 7, they become what?
(a) Instruments of God's wrath.
(b) Instruments of the masks.
(c) Instruments of Satan's wrath.
(d) Instruments of God's wisdom.
4. Nickles equates God's will not with _______, but with being ruled and submission.
5. The women, in Scene 8, believe that the skin represents what?
(a) What we can observe.
(b) What we can see.
(c) What we can feel.
(d) What we know.
6. Zuss says he's sick to death of the whole business and looks for the belt with what on it?
(c) Foam fingers.
7. Eliphaz says that choices are from where?
(a) Societal knowledge.
(b) Primal instincts.
(c) The conscious.
(d) The subconscious.
8. Zophar says that without guilt there can be no what?
9. Zophar says that mankind has no what because they are born in sin?
10. At the beginning of Scene 10, Nickles calls Zuss what?
11. J.B. says he's tired of what when Nickles argues with him about the end?
12. The quote, "His will, our peace" comes from what author?
(d) Saint Peter.
13. J.B. and Sarah, now that everything has been taken from them, say that even when they sleep they feel what?
(a) Pain and suffering.
(b) Eyes upon them.
(c) Desire to be better people.
(d) Deep sorrow.
14. In Scene 9, the Distant Voice speaks, accompanied by what?
(b) An angelic chorus.
(c) Rushing wind.
15. Sarah doesn't believe J.B. that her children must have had some sin to be punished. She believes her children are what?
(a) Innocent bystanders.
(b) Innocent victims.
(c) Innocent children.
(d) Innocent actors.
Short Answer Questions
1. Nickles and Zuss both lose what at the beginning of Scene 10?
2. J.B., even though he is covered with sores, says that God only punishes if he has what?
3. The quote, "His will, our peace," comes from what book?
4. Nickles climbs up the ladder at the end of Scene 8 and calls God by his name in what language?
5. The final argument between Zuss and Nickles in Scene 7 mirrors an argument they have at the end of what scene?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)