|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Scene 9, what does J.B. accept?
(b) God's judgment.
(c) That he is a sinner.
2. The women, in Scene 8, believe that the heart is always what?
(c) A mystery.
(d) A sign.
3. Zophar, Eliphaz, and Bildad offer what type of answer to J.B.'s question about what he has done?
4. Nickles says that God has won the way he always wins, and searches for what?
(a) His clothing.
(b) His popcorn.
(c) His soda.
(d) His script.
5. At the beginning of Scene 10, Nickles calls Zuss what?
6. What does Zophar wear?
(a) A stole.
(b) A bishop's mitre.
(c) A robe.
(d) A clerical collar.
7. In Scene 7, who quotes God's lines from the Bible where he asks the devil to consider the perfection of Job's devotion?
(c) Distant Voice.
8. What do the women, in Scene 8, sit on around J.B. and Sarah?
(b) The ground.
9. What makes Zuss and Nickles able to put on their masks again?
(a) They agree to reverse everything that has happened.
(b) They agree to stay out of J.B.'s life.
(c) They agree to finish the story they started.
(d) They agree to help Sarah.
10. The women, in Scene 8, remember J.B. and Sarah from the days when they are what?
(a) Benevolent and joyful.
(b) Praiseworthy and laughing.
(c) Rich and successful.
(d) Powerful leaders.
11. Nickles' being unable to find his mask represents the helplessness of humans when we are not able to use God for what?
(a) A healer.
(b) A comforter.
(c) A blame for events.
(d) An excuse for our behavior.
12. After J.B. calms God down, what does he do?
(a) Forgave God.
(b) Forgave himself.
(c) Forgave Nickles.
(d) Forgave Sarah.
13. Why does Sarah leave J.B.?
(a) Because he continues in his beliefs.
(b) Because he reminds her of the children.
(c) Because he is covered with sores.
(d) Because he believes her to be guilty of sin.
14. Who declares that J.B. has done exactly as he hoped he would, and has affirmed his faith in God?
15. After arguing about the value of suffering, what does Nickles challenge Zuss to do?
(a) Put on his mask.
(b) See things from the other side.
(c) Convince Sarah of his point of view.
(d) Change his point of view.
Short Answer Questions
1. The quote, "His will, our peace" comes from what author?
2. After Zuss calls for the lights in Scene 10, what does Nickles complain about?
3. When J.B. is lying on the broken down table, what is he wearing?
4. The women, in Scene 8, believe that the skin represents what?
5. J.B., even though he is covered with sores, says that God only punishes if he has what?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)