|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Nickles' being unable to find his mask represents the helplessness of humans when we are not able to use God for what?
(a) A blame for events.
(b) A comforter.
(c) A healer.
(d) An excuse for our behavior.
2. Zophar says that without guilt there can be no what?
3. When God doesn't respond to Nickles' call at the end of Scene 8, he suggests that someone needs to appear. Who is it?
(a) The Four Comforters.
(b) The Three Comforters.
(c) The Deserving Comforters.
(d) The Comforters.
4. Nickles says that God has won the way he always wins, and searches for what?
(a) His clothing.
(b) His script.
(c) His popcorn.
(d) His soda.
5. In Scene 7, who quotes God's lines from the Bible where he asks the devil to consider the perfection of Job's devotion?
(d) Distant Voice.
6. What does Nickles hear before he leaves J.B.?
(a) A bell.
(b) A telephone ring.
(c) Someone at the door.
(d) Someone in the garage.
7. Nickles equates God's will not with _______, but with being ruled and submission.
8. J.B. says he's tired of what when Nickles argues with him about the end?
9. Why does Nickles think that J.B. will not take his life back?
(a) Because that's not the way it works for him.
(b) Because he doesn't want his life back.
(c) Because he doesn't want to suffer again.
(d) Because he doesn't think he deserves it.
10. When Nickles goes to J.B., how does he describe himself?
(a) Professional counsel.
(d) A doctor.
11. At the beginning of Scene 10, Nickles calls Zuss what?
12. J.B., even though he is covered with sores, says that God only punishes if he has what?
(a) Knowledge of the truth.
(b) A reason.
(c) Weighing the consequences.
(d) Reward in the end.
13. Nickles and Zuss both lose what at the beginning of Scene 10?
(a) Their roles.
(b) Their ideas.
(c) Their masks.
(d) Their tempers.
14. The final argument between Zuss and Nickles in Scene 7 mirrors an argument they have at the end of what scene?
(a) Scene 3.
(b) Scene 2.
(c) Scene 5.
(d) Scene 4.
15. Who declares that J.B. has done exactly as he hoped he would, and has affirmed his faith in God?
Short Answer Questions
1. Right before the Distant Voice quotes God's lines from the Bible, what problem is Nickles having with his mask?
2. Zophar, Eliphaz, and Bildad offer what type of answer to J.B.'s question about what he has done?
3. Bildad jeers at J.B.'s claim to what?
4. After J.B. realizes that Sarah is gone, he cries out for God to do what?
5. In Scene 9, the Distant Voice speaks, accompanied by what?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)