|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. J.B., even though he is covered with sores, says that God only punishes if he has what?
(a) Weighing the consequences.
(b) Reward in the end.
(c) A reason.
(d) Knowledge of the truth.
2. In Scene 9, the Distant Voice speaks, accompanied by what?
(b) An angelic chorus.
(c) Rushing wind.
3. Scene 7 echoes the scene in the biblical story of Job, in which God points out that Job has done exactly as he _______.
4. The final argument between Zuss and Nickles in Scene 7 mirrors an argument they have at the end of what scene?
(a) Scene 4.
(b) Scene 5.
(c) Scene 2.
(d) Scene 3.
5. After Zuss and Nickles put on their masks in Scene 7, what is the name of the character who urges God to destroy J.B.'s body?
6. The women, in Scene 8, believe that the skin represents what?
(a) What we can feel.
(b) What we know.
(c) What we can observe.
(d) What we can see.
7. Zuss is angry that after being shown all of God's glory J.B. simply what?
(a) Gave in.
(b) Accepted fate.
8. Bildad jeers at J.B.'s claim to what?
9. The women describe Zophar, Eliphaz, and Bildad as people who feed on what?
(a) The misfortunes of others.
(b) The luck of others.
(c) The misery of others.
(d) The sorrows of others.
10. How does Nickles characterize Sarah and J.B.s experiences in the play, thus far?
(a) Regressive and hateful.
(b) Ridiculous and spiteful.
(c) Indecent and immoral.
(d) Disgusting and trite.
11. The quote, "His will, our peace" comes from what author?
(c) Saint Peter.
12. J.B. shouts that he will not listen to Eliphaz's argument and then does what?
(a) Covers his eyes.
(b) Gets on his knees.
(d) Covers his ears.
13. After Zuss and Nickles put on their masks in Scene 7, what is the name of the character who speaks of Job's integrity?
(b) Distant Voice.
14. At the end of Scene 9, what does J.B. accept?
(b) God's judgment.
(c) That he is a sinner.
15. Now that he is covered in blisters and everything is taken from him, J.B. prays to God for what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who urges J.B. to take the new life that is being offered to him?
2. Zuss says he's sick to death of the whole business and looks for the belt with what on it?
3. What does Bildad wear?
4. When J.B. is lying on the broken down table, what is he wearing?
5. What do the women, in Scene 8, sit on around J.B. and Sarah?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)