|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The final argument between Zuss and Nickles in Scene 7 mirrors an argument they have at the end of what scene?
(a) Scene 3.
(b) Scene 4.
(c) Scene 5.
(d) Scene 2.
2. Bildad jeers at J.B.'s claim to what?
3. J.B. and Sarah, now that everything has been taken from them, say that even when they sleep they feel what?
(a) Desire to be better people.
(b) Deep sorrow.
(c) Eyes upon them.
(d) Pain and suffering.
4. After Zuss and Nickles put on their masks in Scene 7, what is the name of the character who speaks of Job's integrity?
(c) Distant Voice.
5. J.B., even though he is covered with sores, says that God only punishes if he has what?
(a) A reason.
(b) Reward in the end.
(c) Knowledge of the truth.
(d) Weighing the consequences.
6. Sarah doesn't believe J.B. that her children must have had some sin to be punished. She believes her children are what?
(a) Innocent children.
(b) Innocent actors.
(c) Innocent bystanders.
(d) Innocent victims.
7. J.B. doesn't believe that God will give him everything back, but then he notices what?
(a) His house is standing.
(b) A briefcase full of money.
(c) The sores on his arms are healed.
(d) Sarah around the corner.
8. Bildad says that justice will come when?
(a) At the end of time.
(b) At the end of the earth.
(c) When it comes.
(d) In the lifetime of one man.
9. Zophar, Eliphaz, and Bildad offer what type of answer to J.B.'s question about what he has done?
10. Zuss is angry that after being shown all of God's glory J.B. simply what?
(b) Accepted fate.
(d) Gave in.
11. J.B. shouts that he will not listen to Eliphaz's argument and then does what?
(a) Gets on his knees.
(b) Covers his eyes.
(c) Covers his ears.
12. What does Zophar wear?
(a) A bishop's mitre.
(b) A robe.
(c) A stole.
(d) A clerical collar.
13. Why does Zuss call for the lights in Scene 10?
(a) Another play has to start.
(b) The story's not over.
(c) The epilogue has to begin.
(d) The story is over.
14. After J.B. realizes that Sarah is gone, he cries out for God to do what?
(a) Bring Sarah back.
(b) Comfort him.
(c) Kill him.
(d) Show him his guilt.
15. J.B. says that unless there is guilt, what has no meaning?
(c) The world.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Nickles think that J.B. will not take his life back?
2. The quote, "His will, our peace," comes from what book?
3. Nickles climbs up the ladder at the end of Scene 8 and calls God by what name?
4. The women, in Scene 8, remember J.B. and Sarah from the days when they are what?
5. After Zuss and Nickles put on their masks in Scene 7, what is the name of the character who urges God to destroy J.B.'s body?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)