|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When God doesn't respond to Nickles' call at the end of Scene 8, he suggests that someone needs to appear. Who is it?
(a) The Comforters.
(b) The Three Comforters.
(c) The Four Comforters.
(d) The Deserving Comforters.
2. Nickles says that God has won the way he always wins, and searches for what?
(a) His clothing.
(b) His script.
(c) His soda.
(d) His popcorn.
3. The Distant Voice asks J.B. why he thinks he is worthy to confront and _______ the creator of the universe.
(b) Plead with.
(d) Speak to.
4. After arguing about the value of suffering, what does Nickles challenge Zuss to do?
(a) Put on his mask.
(b) See things from the other side.
(c) Change his point of view.
(d) Convince Sarah of his point of view.
5. When Zuss and Nickles put on their masks at the end of Scene 7, what is the emotion they feel towards the expanse of God and the depth of his knowledge?
6. What makes Zuss and Nickles able to put on their masks again?
(a) They agree to help Sarah.
(b) They agree to reverse everything that has happened.
(c) They agree to stay out of J.B.'s life.
(d) They agree to finish the story they started.
7. Zophar says that mankind has no what because they are born in sin?
8. The women, in Scene 8, believe that the skin represents what?
(a) What we can feel.
(b) What we can observe.
(c) What we can see.
(d) What we know.
9. Why does Sarah leave J.B.?
(a) Because he believes her to be guilty of sin.
(b) Because he is covered with sores.
(c) Because he reminds her of the children.
(d) Because he continues in his beliefs.
10. Why does Zuss call for the lights in Scene 10?
(a) The epilogue has to begin.
(b) The story's not over.
(c) The story is over.
(d) Another play has to start.
11. In Scene 7, who quotes God's lines from the Bible where he asks the devil to consider the perfection of Job's devotion?
(c) Distant Voice.
12. Why does Nickles think that J.B. will not take his life back?
(a) Because he doesn't think he deserves it.
(b) Because that's not the way it works for him.
(c) Because he doesn't want to suffer again.
(d) Because he doesn't want his life back.
13. J.B. shouts that he will not listen to Eliphaz's argument and then does what?
(a) Covers his ears.
(c) Gets on his knees.
(d) Covers his eyes.
14. After Zuss and Nickles put on their masks in Scene 7, what is the name of the character who urges God to destroy J.B.'s body?
15. At the beginning of Scene 10, Nickles calls Zuss what?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bildad wear?
2. Who declares that J.B. has done exactly as he hoped he would, and has affirmed his faith in God?
3. The four women and young girl who appear function as what type of character that is often seen in Ancient Greek theater?
4. How does Nickles characterize Sarah and J.B.s experiences in the play, thus far?
5. Why does Zuss condemn J.B. at the beginning of Scene 10?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)