|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Nickles says that God has won the way he always wins, and searches for what?
(a) His script.
(b) His clothing.
(c) His popcorn.
(d) His soda.
2. Zuss is angry that after being shown all of God's glory J.B. simply what?
(c) Accepted fate.
(d) Gave in.
3. Nickles complains that God has done what, tumbling a whole city down to blister one man's skin with agony?
(a) Been obsessive.
(b) Gone over the top.
(c) Gone over the deep end.
(d) Become vengeful.
4. J.B. shouts that he will not listen to Eliphaz's argument and then does what?
(a) Covers his ears.
(c) Gets on his knees.
(d) Covers his eyes.
5. The quote, "His will, our peace," comes from what book?
(a) The Confessions.
(b) The Inferno.
(c) The Letters to the Romans.
(d) The Divine Mystery.
6. Right before the Distant Voice quotes God's lines from the Bible, what problem is Nickles having with his mask?
(a) He cannot find it.
(b) He cannot see through it.
(c) He cannot put it on.
(d) He cannot keep ahold of it.
7. When Nickles asks J.B. if he knows what happens at the end, J.B. says what?
(a) That there is no end.
(b) That only God knows everything.
(c) That he doesn't know anything.
(d) That this is a new beginning.
8. Zuss says he's sick to death of the whole business and looks for the belt with what on it?
(c) Foam fingers.
9. Who tells J.B. that God will give him everything back?
10. In Scene 9, the Distant Voice speaks, accompanied by what?
(b) An angelic chorus.
(c) Rushing wind.
11. J.B. says he's tired of what when Nickles argues with him about the end?
12. Bildad jeers at J.B.'s claim to what?
13. At the beginning of Scene 10, Nickles calls Zuss what?
14. The women describe Zophar, Eliphaz, and Bildad as people who feed on what?
(a) The misery of others.
(b) The misfortunes of others.
(c) The luck of others.
(d) The sorrows of others.
15. How does Nickles characterize Sarah and J.B.s experiences in the play, thus far?
(a) Ridiculous and spiteful.
(b) Regressive and hateful.
(c) Indecent and immoral.
(d) Disgusting and trite.
Short Answer Questions
1. Nickles' being unable to find his mask represents the helplessness of humans when we are not able to use God for what?
2. After arguing about the value of suffering, what does Nickles challenge Zuss to do?
3. The Distant Voice asks J.B. why he thinks he is worthy to confront and _______ the creator of the universe.
4. Who says, "His will, our peace?"
5. What does Bildad wear?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)