|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Nickles complains that God has done what, tumbling a whole city down to blister one man's skin with agony?
(a) Been obsessive.
(b) Gone over the deep end.
(c) Gone over the top.
(d) Become vengeful.
2. In Scene 7, who quotes God's lines from the Bible where he asks the devil to consider the perfection of Job's devotion?
(d) Distant Voice.
3. Nickles says that God has won the way he always wins, and searches for what?
(a) His popcorn.
(b) His soda.
(c) His clothing.
(d) His script.
4. When J.B. and Sarah both pray for sleep, the women recall the death of Sarah and J.B.'s children and wonder whether Sarah will do what?
(a) Love J.B.
(b) Leave J.B.
(c) Commit suicide.
(d) Die in an accident.
5. Who tells J.B. that God will give him everything back?
6. Zophar says that without guilt there can be no what?
7. After J.B. realizes that Sarah is gone, he cries out for God to do what?
(a) Kill him.
(b) Comfort him.
(c) Show him his guilt.
(d) Bring Sarah back.
8. J.B. says that unless there is guilt, what has no meaning?
(b) The world.
9. The women, in Scene 8, believe that the heart is always what?
(b) A sign.
(d) A mystery.
10. Eliphaz says that choices are from where?
(a) The subconscious.
(b) Primal instincts.
(c) The conscious.
(d) Societal knowledge.
11. Why does Zuss condemn J.B. at the beginning of Scene 10?
(a) Because he doesn't have true faith.
(b) Because he's too peaceful.
(c) Because he simply won't give up.
(d) Because he wasn't giving in to God at all.
12. J.B. doesn't believe that God will give him everything back, but then he notices what?
(a) His house is standing.
(b) Sarah around the corner.
(c) The sores on his arms are healed.
(d) A briefcase full of money.
13. Nickles' being unable to find his mask represents the helplessness of humans when we are not able to use God for what?
(a) A healer.
(b) A comforter.
(c) A blame for events.
(d) An excuse for our behavior.
14. At the end of Scene 9, what does J.B. accept?
(a) God's judgment.
(d) That he is a sinner.
15. When Zuss and Nickles are able to put their masks on again in Scene 7, they become what?
(a) Instruments of the masks.
(b) Instruments of Satan's wrath.
(c) Instruments of God's wrath.
(d) Instruments of God's wisdom.
Short Answer Questions
1. Nickles climbs up the ladder at the end of Scene 8 and calls God by his name in what language?
2. Bildad jeers at J.B.'s claim to what?
3. The quote, "His will, our peace" comes from what author?
4. Now that he is covered in blisters and everything is taken from him, J.B. prays to God for what?
5. When Zuss and Nickles put on their masks at the end of Scene 7, what is the emotion they feel towards the expanse of God and the depth of his knowledge?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)