|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The final argument between Zuss and Nickles in Scene 7 mirrors an argument they have at the end of what scene?
(a) Scene 4.
(b) Scene 5.
(c) Scene 2.
(d) Scene 3.
2. When Zuss and Nickles are able to put their masks on again in Scene 7, they become what?
(a) Instruments of God's wisdom.
(b) Instruments of God's wrath.
(c) Instruments of the masks.
(d) Instruments of Satan's wrath.
3. After Zuss and Nickles put on their masks in Scene 7, what is the name of the character who urges God to destroy J.B.'s body?
4. Who says, "His will, our peace?"
5. Who tells J.B. that God will give him everything back?
6. When Zuss and Nickles put on their masks at the end of Scene 7, what is the emotion they feel towards the expanse of God and the depth of his knowledge?
7. After J.B. calms God down, what does he do?
(a) Forgave Sarah.
(b) Forgave Nickles.
(c) Forgave himself.
(d) Forgave God.
8. Zuss is angry that after being shown all of God's glory J.B. simply what?
(b) Accepted fate.
(c) Gave in.
9. Zophar says that mankind has no what because they are born in sin?
10. In Scene 7, who quotes God's lines from the Bible where he asks the devil to consider the perfection of Job's devotion?
(b) Distant Voice.
11. After J.B. realizes that Sarah is gone, he cries out for God to do what?
(a) Bring Sarah back.
(b) Show him his guilt.
(c) Kill him.
(d) Comfort him.
12. Now that he is covered in blisters and everything is taken from him, J.B. prays to God for what?
13. When Nickles goes to J.B., how does he describe himself?
(c) A doctor.
(d) Professional counsel.
14. Right before the Distant Voice quotes God's lines from the Bible, what problem is Nickles having with his mask?
(a) He cannot find it.
(b) He cannot put it on.
(c) He cannot see through it.
(d) He cannot keep ahold of it.
15. When Nickles asks J.B. if he knows what happens at the end, J.B. says what?
(a) That this is a new beginning.
(b) That he doesn't know anything.
(c) That only God knows everything.
(d) That there is no end.
Short Answer Questions
1. The women, in Scene 8, believe that the skin represents what?
2. The four women and young girl who appear function as what type of character that is often seen in Ancient Greek theater?
3. How does Nickles characterize Sarah and J.B.s experiences in the play, thus far?
4. Nickles' being unable to find his mask represents the helplessness of humans when we are not able to use God for what?
5. At the end of Scene 9, what does J.B. accept?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)