|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After seeing J.B.'s body covered in blisters and everything that has happened, Sarah calls God what?
(c) The enemy.
2. One of the women watching J.B. says that she has had a dream about the queen of what country?
3. How does Nickles characterize Sarah and J.B.s experiences in the play, thus far?
(a) Ridiculous and spiteful.
(b) Indecent and immoral.
(c) Regressive and hateful.
(d) Disgusting and trite.
4. Sarah doesn't believe J.B. that her children must have had some sin to be punished. She believes her children are what?
(a) Innocent victims.
(b) Innocent bystanders.
(c) Innocent children.
(d) Innocent actors.
5. What does Bildad wear?
(a) A leather windbreaker.
(b) A pilot's jacket.
(c) An Italian suit.
(d) A tuxedo.
6. In Scene 7, who quotes God's lines from the Bible where he asks the devil to consider the perfection of Job's devotion?
(c) Distant Voice.
7. Who says, "His will, our peace?"
8. Nickles' being unable to find his mask represents the helplessness of humans when we are not able to use God for what?
(a) A healer.
(b) A comforter.
(c) A blame for events.
(d) An excuse for our behavior.
9. Nickles climbs up the ladder at the end of Scene 8 and calls God by what name?
10. J.B. shouts that he will not listen to Eliphaz's argument and then does what?
(b) Covers his eyes.
(c) Covers his ears.
(d) Gets on his knees.
11. J.B. says he's tired of what when Nickles argues with him about the end?
12. After Zuss and Nickles put on their masks in Scene 7, what is the name of the character who urges God to destroy J.B.'s body?
13. Why does Zuss condemn J.B. at the beginning of Scene 10?
(a) Because he's too peaceful.
(b) Because he wasn't giving in to God at all.
(c) Because he simply won't give up.
(d) Because he doesn't have true faith.
14. What do the women, in Scene 8, sit on around J.B. and Sarah?
(b) The ground.
15. J.B. says that unless there is guilt, what has no meaning?
(c) The world.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Scene 9, the Distant Voice speaks, accompanied by what?
2. The Distant Voice asks J.B. why he thinks he is worthy to confront and _______ the creator of the universe.
3. Nickles says that the show of power with the Distant Voice and the wind means what to a man who has lost everything?
4. The women, in Scene 8, believe that the heart is always what?
5. When J.B. and Sarah both pray for sleep, the women recall the death of Sarah and J.B.'s children and wonder whether Sarah will do what?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)