|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Zuss and Nickles put on their masks in Scene 7, what is the name of the character who speaks of Job's integrity?
(b) Distant Voice.
2. Zophar says that mankind has no what because they are born in sin?
3. J.B. doesn't believe that God will give him everything back, but then he notices what?
(a) Sarah around the corner.
(b) The sores on his arms are healed.
(c) A briefcase full of money.
(d) His house is standing.
4. Why does J.B. apologize to Zophar, Eliphaz, and Bildad?
(a) For not having anything to offer them.
(b) For not having a place for them to sit.
(c) For how he looks.
(d) For his faith.
5. What does Nickles hear before he leaves J.B.?
(a) Someone at the door.
(b) A bell.
(c) Someone in the garage.
(d) A telephone ring.
6. Who urges J.B. to take the new life that is being offered to him?
(b) The Distant Voice.
7. Zophar says that without guilt there can be no what?
8. After J.B. realizes that Sarah is gone, he cries out for God to do what?
(a) Bring Sarah back.
(b) Comfort him.
(c) Show him his guilt.
(d) Kill him.
9. When Nickles asks J.B. if he knows what happens at the end, J.B. says what?
(a) That this is a new beginning.
(b) That he doesn't know anything.
(c) That there is no end.
(d) That only God knows everything.
10. Now that he is covered in blisters and everything is taken from him, J.B. prays to God for what?
11. How many aspects of human existence is this play an allegory about?
12. Zuss says he's sick to death of the whole business and looks for the belt with what on it?
(c) Foam fingers.
13. What does Zophar wear?
(a) A bishop's mitre.
(b) A clerical collar.
(c) A stole.
(d) A robe.
14. The women, in Scene 8, remember J.B. and Sarah from the days when they are what?
(a) Benevolent and joyful.
(b) Rich and successful.
(c) Praiseworthy and laughing.
(d) Powerful leaders.
15. Bildad says that justice will come when?
(a) At the end of time.
(b) At the end of the earth.
(c) In the lifetime of one man.
(d) When it comes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the women, in Scene 8, sit on around J.B. and Sarah?
2. The women, in Scene 8, believe that the heart is always what?
3. What makes Zuss and Nickles able to put on their masks again?
4. Sarah doesn't believe J.B. that her children must have had some sin to be punished. She believes her children are what?
5. J.B. shouts that he will not listen to Eliphaz's argument and then does what?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)