|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bildad says that justice will come when?
(a) At the end of the earth.
(b) When it comes.
(c) At the end of time.
(d) In the lifetime of one man.
2. Now that he is covered in blisters and everything is taken from him, J.B. prays to God for what?
3. Who declares that J.B. has done exactly as he hoped he would, and has affirmed his faith in God?
4. Why does Nickles think that J.B. will not take his life back?
(a) Because he doesn't think he deserves it.
(b) Because he doesn't want his life back.
(c) Because that's not the way it works for him.
(d) Because he doesn't want to suffer again.
5. When J.B. and Sarah both pray for sleep, the women recall the death of Sarah and J.B.'s children and wonder whether Sarah will do what?
(a) Die in an accident.
(b) Love J.B.
(c) Commit suicide.
(d) Leave J.B.
6. Who tells J.B. that God will give him everything back?
7. When Zuss and Nickles put on their masks at the end of Scene 7, what is the emotion they feel towards the expanse of God and the depth of his knowledge?
8. Why does J.B. apologize to Zophar, Eliphaz, and Bildad?
(a) For his faith.
(b) For not having anything to offer them.
(c) For how he looks.
(d) For not having a place for them to sit.
9. Zophar says that without guilt there can be no what?
10. The quote, "His will, our peace," comes from what book?
(a) The Confessions.
(b) The Divine Mystery.
(c) The Letters to the Romans.
(d) The Inferno.
11. After arguing about the value of suffering, what does Nickles challenge Zuss to do?
(a) Change his point of view.
(b) Put on his mask.
(c) See things from the other side.
(d) Convince Sarah of his point of view.
12. Zuss is angry that after being shown all of God's glory J.B. simply what?
(c) Gave in.
(d) Accepted fate.
13. At the end of Scene 9, what does J.B. accept?
(c) That he is a sinner.
(d) God's judgment.
14. Scene 7 echoes the scene in the biblical story of Job, in which God points out that Job has done exactly as he _______.
15. What does Nickles hear before he leaves J.B.?
(a) A telephone ring.
(b) Someone at the door.
(c) A bell.
(d) Someone in the garage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Zuss call for the lights in Scene 10?
2. In Scene 7, who quotes God's lines from the Bible where he asks the devil to consider the perfection of Job's devotion?
3. Eliphaz says that guilt is what?
4. Zophar says that mankind has no what because they are born in sin?
5. Nickles says that the show of power with the Distant Voice and the wind means what to a man who has lost everything?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)