|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who declares that J.B. has done exactly as he hoped he would, and has affirmed his faith in God?
2. Bildad jeers at J.B.'s claim to what?
3. After J.B. calms God down, what does he do?
(a) Forgave Sarah.
(b) Forgave himself.
(c) Forgave Nickles.
(d) Forgave God.
4. Why does Nickles think that J.B. will not take his life back?
(a) Because he doesn't want to suffer again.
(b) Because he doesn't want his life back.
(c) Because he doesn't think he deserves it.
(d) Because that's not the way it works for him.
5. How many aspects of human existence is this play an allegory about?
6. J.B. shouts that he will not listen to Eliphaz's argument and then does what?
(a) Gets on his knees.
(b) Covers his ears.
(d) Covers his eyes.
7. The women describe Zophar, Eliphaz, and Bildad as people who feed on what?
(a) The sorrows of others.
(b) The misfortunes of others.
(c) The misery of others.
(d) The luck of others.
8. Nickles and Zuss both lose what at the beginning of Scene 10?
(a) Their ideas.
(b) Their roles.
(c) Their tempers.
(d) Their masks.
9. When Nickles goes to J.B., how does he describe himself?
(b) A doctor.
(c) Professional counsel.
10. J.B. and Sarah, now that everything has been taken from them, say that even when they sleep they feel what?
(a) Eyes upon them.
(b) Pain and suffering.
(c) Desire to be better people.
(d) Deep sorrow.
11. Nickles climbs up the ladder at the end of Scene 8 and calls God by what name?
12. When God doesn't respond to Nickles' call at the end of Scene 8, he suggests that someone needs to appear. Who is it?
(a) The Four Comforters.
(b) The Three Comforters.
(c) The Deserving Comforters.
(d) The Comforters.
13. J.B., even though he is covered with sores, says that God only punishes if he has what?
(a) Weighing the consequences.
(b) Reward in the end.
(c) Knowledge of the truth.
(d) A reason.
14. Who tells J.B. that God will give him everything back?
15. Eliphaz says that guilt is what?
(a) An illusion.
(b) An emotion.
(c) A mockery.
(d) A joke.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "His will, our peace?"
2. When Zuss and Nickles are able to put their masks on again in Scene 7, they become what?
3. When Zuss and Nickles put on their masks at the end of Scene 7, what is the emotion they feel towards the expanse of God and the depth of his knowledge?
4. When J.B. is lying on the broken down table, what is he wearing?
5. Why does Sarah leave J.B.?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)