|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Nickles climbs up the ladder at the end of Scene 8 and calls God by what name?
2. Zophar, Eliphaz, and Bildad offer what type of answer to J.B.'s question about what he has done?
3. Sarah doesn't believe J.B. that her children must have had some sin to be punished. She believes her children are what?
(a) Innocent children.
(b) Innocent victims.
(c) Innocent actors.
(d) Innocent bystanders.
4. Eliphaz says that choices are from where?
(a) The subconscious.
(b) Primal instincts.
(c) Societal knowledge.
(d) The conscious.
5. J.B. shouts that he will not listen to Eliphaz's argument and then does what?
(a) Gets on his knees.
(b) Covers his ears.
(c) Covers his eyes.
6. At the end of Scene 9, what does J.B. accept?
(a) That he is a sinner.
(b) God's judgment.
7. When God doesn't respond to Nickles' call at the end of Scene 8, he suggests that someone needs to appear. Who is it?
(a) The Three Comforters.
(b) The Four Comforters.
(c) The Comforters.
(d) The Deserving Comforters.
8. After J.B. calms God down, what does he do?
(a) Forgave God.
(b) Forgave himself.
(c) Forgave Sarah.
(d) Forgave Nickles.
9. Zophar says that mankind has no what because they are born in sin?
10. Nickles says that God has won the way he always wins, and searches for what?
(a) His soda.
(b) His script.
(c) His popcorn.
(d) His clothing.
11. Who says, "His will, our peace?"
12. After Zuss and Nickles put on their masks in Scene 7, what is the name of the character who urges God to destroy J.B.'s body?
13. Nickles says that the show of power with the Distant Voice and the wind means what to a man who has lost everything?
(a) A lot.
14. J.B. says he's tired of what when Nickles argues with him about the end?
15. Now that he is covered in blisters and everything is taken from him, J.B. prays to God for what?
Short Answer Questions
1. When J.B. is lying on the broken down table, what is he wearing?
2. Why does J.B. apologize to Zophar, Eliphaz, and Bildad?
3. What does Bildad wear?
4. Nickles climbs up the ladder at the end of Scene 8 and calls God by his name in what language?
5. Zophar says that without guilt there can be no what?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)