|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Nickles says that God has won the way he always wins, and searches for what?
(a) His clothing.
(b) His soda.
(c) His script.
(d) His popcorn.
2. After seeing J.B.'s body covered in blisters and everything that has happened, Sarah calls God what?
(d) The enemy.
3. What makes Zuss and Nickles able to put on their masks again?
(a) They agree to finish the story they started.
(b) They agree to stay out of J.B.'s life.
(c) They agree to help Sarah.
(d) They agree to reverse everything that has happened.
4. The quote, "His will, our peace" comes from what author?
(b) Saint Peter.
5. J.B. shouts that he will not listen to Eliphaz's argument and then does what?
(a) Covers his eyes.
(c) Covers his ears.
(d) Gets on his knees.
6. In Scene 9, the Distant Voice speaks, accompanied by what?
(b) An angelic chorus.
(c) Rushing wind.
7. Bildad says that justice will come when?
(a) In the lifetime of one man.
(b) At the end of the earth.
(c) At the end of time.
(d) When it comes.
8. Who says, "His will, our peace?"
9. The four women and young girl who appear function as what type of character that is often seen in Ancient Greek theater?
(a) A side-actor.
(b) A narrator.
(c) An observer.
(d) A chorus.
10. After Zuss and Nickles put on their masks in Scene 7, what is the name of the character who urges God to destroy J.B.'s body?
11. One of the women watching J.B. says that she has had a dream about the queen of what country?
12. When J.B. and Sarah both pray for sleep, the women recall the death of Sarah and J.B.'s children and wonder whether Sarah will do what?
(a) Leave J.B.
(b) Commit suicide.
(c) Love J.B.
(d) Die in an accident.
13. Zophar, Eliphaz, and Bildad offer what type of answer to J.B.'s question about what he has done?
14. How does Nickles characterize Sarah and J.B.s experiences in the play, thus far?
(a) Regressive and hateful.
(b) Ridiculous and spiteful.
(c) Disgusting and trite.
(d) Indecent and immoral.
15. At the beginning of Scene 10, Nickles calls Zuss what?
Short Answer Questions
1. J.B. says that unless there is guilt, what has no meaning?
2. Nickles equates God's will not with _______, but with being ruled and submission.
3. When Nickles asks J.B. if he knows what happens at the end, J.B. says what?
4. Why does Sarah leave J.B.?
5. Why does J.B. apologize to Zophar, Eliphaz, and Bildad?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)