|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the women, in Scene 8, sit on around J.B. and Sarah?
(a) The ground.
2. In Scene 9, the Distant Voice speaks, accompanied by what?
(a) Rushing wind.
(d) An angelic chorus.
3. When J.B. is lying on the broken down table, what is he wearing?
(c) A towel.
(d) A suit.
4. Right before the Distant Voice quotes God's lines from the Bible, what problem is Nickles having with his mask?
(a) He cannot put it on.
(b) He cannot find it.
(c) He cannot keep ahold of it.
(d) He cannot see through it.
5. The quote, "His will, our peace" comes from what author?
(a) Saint Peter.
6. The women, in Scene 8, remember J.B. and Sarah from the days when they are what?
(a) Praiseworthy and laughing.
(b) Benevolent and joyful.
(c) Rich and successful.
(d) Powerful leaders.
7. Who says, "His will, our peace?"
8. Why does Sarah leave J.B.?
(a) Because he continues in his beliefs.
(b) Because he is covered with sores.
(c) Because he believes her to be guilty of sin.
(d) Because he reminds her of the children.
9. Zophar says that mankind has no what because they are born in sin?
10. When Nickles goes to J.B., how does he describe himself?
(c) Professional counsel.
(d) A doctor.
11. After Zuss and Nickles put on their masks in Scene 7, what is the name of the character who urges God to destroy J.B.'s body?
12. What does Nickles hear before he leaves J.B.?
(a) A bell.
(b) A telephone ring.
(c) Someone in the garage.
(d) Someone at the door.
13. When J.B. and Sarah both pray for sleep, the women recall the death of Sarah and J.B.'s children and wonder whether Sarah will do what?
(a) Commit suicide.
(b) Die in an accident.
(c) Leave J.B.
(d) Love J.B.
14. J.B. doesn't believe that God will give him everything back, but then he notices what?
(a) The sores on his arms are healed.
(b) His house is standing.
(c) A briefcase full of money.
(d) Sarah around the corner.
15. The women describe Zophar, Eliphaz, and Bildad as people who feed on what?
(a) The misfortunes of others.
(b) The luck of others.
(c) The sorrows of others.
(d) The misery of others.
Short Answer Questions
1. After arguing about the value of suffering, what does Nickles challenge Zuss to do?
2. Zuss is angry that after being shown all of God's glory J.B. simply what?
3. Eliphaz says that choices are from where?
4. Eliphaz says that guilt is what?
5. The Distant Voice asks J.B. why he thinks he is worthy to confront and _______ the creator of the universe.
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)