|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who declares that J.B. has done exactly as he hoped he would, and has affirmed his faith in God?
2. The final argument between Zuss and Nickles in Scene 7 mirrors an argument they have at the end of what scene?
(a) Scene 3.
(b) Scene 2.
(c) Scene 5.
(d) Scene 4.
3. Nickles' being unable to find his mask represents the helplessness of humans when we are not able to use God for what?
(a) A blame for events.
(b) A healer.
(c) An excuse for our behavior.
(d) A comforter.
4. Why does Sarah leave J.B.?
(a) Because he believes her to be guilty of sin.
(b) Because he is covered with sores.
(c) Because he continues in his beliefs.
(d) Because he reminds her of the children.
5. The Distant Voice asks J.B. why he thinks he is worthy to confront and _______ the creator of the universe.
(a) Plead with.
(b) Speak to.
6. In Scene 7, who quotes God's lines from the Bible where he asks the devil to consider the perfection of Job's devotion?
(a) Distant Voice.
7. When God doesn't respond to Nickles' call at the end of Scene 8, he suggests that someone needs to appear. Who is it?
(a) The Comforters.
(b) The Deserving Comforters.
(c) The Four Comforters.
(d) The Three Comforters.
8. Who urges J.B. to take the new life that is being offered to him?
(b) The Distant Voice.
9. Sarah doesn't believe J.B. that her children must have had some sin to be punished. She believes her children are what?
(a) Innocent victims.
(b) Innocent actors.
(c) Innocent bystanders.
(d) Innocent children.
10. When Nickles asks J.B. if he knows what happens at the end, J.B. says what?
(a) That there is no end.
(b) That this is a new beginning.
(c) That only God knows everything.
(d) That he doesn't know anything.
11. Zophar, Eliphaz, and Bildad offer what type of answer to J.B.'s question about what he has done?
12. The quote, "His will, our peace" comes from what author?
(c) Saint Peter.
13. After arguing about the value of suffering, what does Nickles challenge Zuss to do?
(a) Convince Sarah of his point of view.
(b) Put on his mask.
(c) See things from the other side.
(d) Change his point of view.
14. Bildad jeers at J.B.'s claim to what?
15. Eliphaz says that guilt is what?
(a) An emotion.
(b) An illusion.
(c) A joke.
(d) A mockery.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eliphaz wear?
2. Why does Zuss condemn J.B. at the beginning of Scene 10?
3. Scene 7 echoes the scene in the biblical story of Job, in which God points out that Job has done exactly as he _______.
4. J.B. doesn't believe that God will give him everything back, but then he notices what?
5. The women, in Scene 8, remember J.B. and Sarah from the days when they are what?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)