|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After J.B. realizes that Sarah is gone, he cries out for God to do what?
(a) Kill him.
(b) Show him his guilt.
(c) Bring Sarah back.
(d) Comfort him.
2. What makes Zuss and Nickles able to put on their masks again?
(a) They agree to help Sarah.
(b) They agree to stay out of J.B.'s life.
(c) They agree to reverse everything that has happened.
(d) They agree to finish the story they started.
3. After Zuss and Nickles put on their masks in Scene 7, what is the name of the character who speaks of Job's integrity?
(b) Distant Voice.
4. J.B. shouts that he will not listen to Eliphaz's argument and then does what?
(b) Covers his eyes.
(c) Gets on his knees.
(d) Covers his ears.
5. Who declares that J.B. has done exactly as he hoped he would, and has affirmed his faith in God?
6. Who says, "His will, our peace?"
7. Why does Sarah leave J.B.?
(a) Because he is covered with sores.
(b) Because he reminds her of the children.
(c) Because he believes her to be guilty of sin.
(d) Because he continues in his beliefs.
8. Zuss says he's sick to death of the whole business and looks for the belt with what on it?
(c) Foam fingers.
9. After Zuss and Nickles put on their masks in Scene 7, what is the name of the character who urges God to destroy J.B.'s body?
10. Zophar, Eliphaz, and Bildad offer what type of answer to J.B.'s question about what he has done?
11. At the beginning of Scene 10, Nickles calls Zuss what?
12. At the end of Scene 9, what does J.B. accept?
(c) That he is a sinner.
(d) God's judgment.
13. When Zuss and Nickles are able to put their masks on again in Scene 7, they become what?
(a) Instruments of the masks.
(b) Instruments of Satan's wrath.
(c) Instruments of God's wrath.
(d) Instruments of God's wisdom.
14. J.B. says he's tired of what when Nickles argues with him about the end?
15. What does Nickles hear before he leaves J.B.?
(a) A telephone ring.
(b) Someone at the door.
(c) Someone in the garage.
(d) A bell.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells J.B. that God will give him everything back?
2. Nickles says that the show of power with the Distant Voice and the wind means what to a man who has lost everything?
3. The final argument between Zuss and Nickles in Scene 7 mirrors an argument they have at the end of what scene?
4. When Nickles asks J.B. if he knows what happens at the end, J.B. says what?
5. In Scene 9, the Distant Voice speaks, accompanied by what?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)