|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sarah says that if they forget God, God will do what?
(a) Forget them.
(b) Remove his blessings.
(c) Leave them.
(d) Make them suffer.
2. Sarah compares their children to J.B., saying that they both show gratitude the way a woman does what?
(a) Uses purses.
(b) Wears a nice pair of shoes.
(c) Wears nice jewelry.
(d) Wears a nice dress.
3. At the beginning of Scene 2, what do Zuss and Nickles remove?
(a) Their belts.
(b) Their masks.
(c) Their uniforms.
(d) Their costumes.
4. Existentialism says that the sum total of existence is what human beings _______.
5. What does Mr. Zuss sell?
6. Zuss says that ______ will enable J.B. to see God more clearly.
7. When Mr. Nickles and Mr. Zuss step onto the stage, who is Mr. Zuss going to play?
(c) St. Peter.
8. The name "Zuss" resembles what god from Ancient Greece?
9. Some people say that J.B. is lucky, but J.B. attributes his "luck" to what?
(a) God's knowledge.
(b) God's thanks.
(c) God's acts.
(d) God's blessings.
10. Nickles says that the real reason for suffering is to learn that everything ends in what?
(a) Death and emptiness.
(b) Death and sorrow.
(c) Death and dirt.
(d) Death and pity.
11. When Sarah and J.B. invite the soldiers into the house, where do they go to sit and talk?
(a) On the back porch.
(b) To the front porch.
(c) In front of the fire.
(d) In the kitchen.
12. What is Sarah arranging on the table when she and J.B. notice two drunk soldiers across the street?
(b) Place settings.
13. What does Nickles want to do when he climbs down the ladder?
(a) Help J.B. understand what is occurring.
(b) Laugh at Sarah and her faith.
(c) Help Sarah understand what is occurring.
(d) Laugh at J.B. and his faith.
14. What does Mr. Nickles sell?
(a) Ice cream.
15. J.B. represents what side of belief in God?
Short Answer Questions
1. Nickles says that J.B. would play his role differently if he were what?
2. Before Zuss can shout out his faith in J.B.'s faith, Nickles asks him what question?
3. What does the First Messenger do when the Second Messenger tells J.B. and Sarah that their children are dead because of a drunk driver?
4. When the lights fade at the end of Scene 1, what shadows are left on the ceiling of the tent?
5. Allegory is a form of extended ______.
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)