|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sarah tells them that David's ______ are probably much dirtier than theirs.
2. When Mr. Zuss says that the world is a great place, what does Mr. Nickles say it is?
(a) A trash pile.
(b) A waste land.
(c) A dung-heap.
(d) A garbage dump.
3. How does Mr. Nickles describe Job's situation?
4. J.B. refers to the regularity of morning and spring to show that God can be what?
(a) Counted upon.
5. According to Mr. Zuss, why does Job not have a right to question God?
(a) Because God is God.
(b) Because he wasn't worthy.
(c) Because God is the Creator.
(d) Because he's only a man.
6. Zuss wonders if J.B. knows that he is a(n) ______ in the story.
(a) Minor character.
(b) Main character.
7. Where are Zuss and Nickles when Sarah and J.B. realize their son is dead?
(a) To the side of the scene.
(b) In the front row of the audience.
(c) Off stage.
(d) On an upper platform.
8. In the Prologue, man is compared to a wingless, sightless insect that does what?
(a) Lands and gets run over by a car.
(b) Bangs itself against a window pane.
(c) Gets squashed by the boot of someone larger.
(d) Slams itself into a windshield.
9. What does Mr. Zuss sell?
10. At the beginning of Scene 2, what do Zuss and Nickles remove?
(a) Their costumes.
(b) Their masks.
(c) Their uniforms.
(d) Their belts.
11. What does Mr. Nickles sell?
(a) Ice cream.
12. When the lights fade at the end of Scene 1, what shadows are left on the ceiling of the tent?
(a) The shadows of Mr. Zuss and Mr. Nickles.
(b) The shadows of the God-mask and Satan-mask.
(c) The shadows of God and Satan.
(d) The shadows of death and destruction.
13. What is the modern day religion closest to existentialism?
14. Sarah says that if they forget God, God will do what?
(a) Make them suffer.
(b) Forget them.
(c) Remove his blessings.
(d) Leave them.
15. After Sarah sings her song, the children ask J.B. to do what?
(a) Sing the same song.
(b) Sing a different song.
(c) Play the piano.
(d) Put the train together.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mr. Zuss says that evil is never ______.
2. The Messengers bring Sarah into the house, dirty and bruised. Where has she been?
3. Sarah lives her life indulging in blaming rage and what?
4. When Zuss and Nickles are arguing about the role of suffering in J.B.'s life, they are ______ to the story of Job in the Bible.
5. Before Zuss can shout out his faith in J.B.'s faith, Nickles asks him what question?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)