|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sarah lives her life indulging in blaming rage and what?
(a) Fearless blessings.
(b) Faithful obedience.
(c) Fearful gratitude.
(d) Fearful obedience.
2. What word characterizes Zuss' and Nickles' thoughts about J.B.'s acting abilities?
3. The Messengers bring Sarah into the house, dirty and bruised. Where has she been?
(a) She was in a car accident.
(b) She was trapped under the wall of a collapsing building.
(c) She was beaten up by a gang member.
(d) She fell off a bridge.
4. J.B. refers to the regularity of morning and spring to show that God can be what?
(d) Counted upon.
5. The text of the play is written in what?
(a) Tetromic pentameter.
(b) Choric verse.
(c) Blank verse.
(d) Trochaic iameter.
6. How long does it take for J.B. and Sarah to call the police about their missing daughter?
(a) Seven hours.
(b) Nine hours.
(c) Eight hours.
(d) Six hours.
7. J.B. sings a song that says, "To be, become, and end are all _____."
8. What is Sarah arranging on the table when she and J.B. notice two drunk soldiers across the street?
(b) Place settings.
9. When Zuss and Nickles put their masks on at the end of Scene 2, what do they recite?
(a) Biblical commentary.
(b) Biblical titles.
(c) Biblical verse.
(d) Biblical poetry.
10. When Nickles and Zuss are saying their lines, who says God's first line?
(b) An audience member.
(c) A Distant Voice.
(d) Another actor.
11. What does the First Messenger do when the Second Messenger tells J.B. and Sarah that their children are dead because of a drunk driver?
(a) Interview them for a news video.
(b) Record with a video camera.
(c) Take notes.
(d) Snap pictures.
12. Existentialism says that the sum total of existence is what human beings _______.
13. When Mr. Zuss says that the world is a great place, what does Mr. Nickles say it is?
(a) A trash pile.
(b) A garbage dump.
(c) A dung-heap.
(d) A waste land.
14. Mr. Nickles and Mr. Zuss, in the Prologue, say that the audience is what?
(b) The ocean.
(c) At rest.
15. Sarah represents what side of belief in God?
Short Answer Questions
1. When the writer uses words that begin with the same sound to get the attention of the reader, it is called what?
2. Zuss says that ______ will enable J.B. to see God more clearly.
3. When Zuss and Nickles are arguing about the role of suffering in J.B.'s life, they are ______ to the story of Job in the Bible.
4. Mr. Nickles and Mr. Zuss, in the Prologue, describe the stage as what?
5. The second traditional aspect of man's relationship with God is fear of His _________.
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)