|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word characterizes Zuss' and Nickles' thoughts about J.B.'s acting abilities?
2. Where is the story of Job found?
(a) In the Old Testament.
(b) In the Apocrapha.
(c) In the New Testament.
(d) In the Pentateuch.
3. When the writer uses words that begin with the same sound to get the attention of the reader, it is called what?
4. What book of the Old Testament are Zuss and Nickles basing their lines on at the end of Scene 2?
5. There are two traditional aspects of man's relationship with God as portrayed in the story. The first is ______ in God's love.
6. After Sarah sings her song, the children ask J.B. to do what?
(a) Sing the same song.
(b) Put the train together.
(c) Sing a different song.
(d) Play the piano.
7. Before Zuss can shout out his faith in J.B.'s faith, Nickles asks him what question?
(a) Why J.B. has to experience pain.
(b) Why J.B. has to suffer.
(c) Why J.B. has to die.
(d) Why J.B. has to have faith.
8. Where are Zuss and Nickles when Sarah and J.B. realize their son is dead?
(a) In the front row of the audience.
(b) On an upper platform.
(c) Off stage.
(d) To the side of the scene.
9. Allegory is a form of extended ______.
10. Sarah lives her life indulging in blaming rage and what?
(a) Fearful gratitude.
(b) Fearless blessings.
(c) Faithful obedience.
(d) Fearful obedience.
11. Sarah says that if they forget God, God will do what?
(a) Forget them.
(b) Remove his blessings.
(c) Make them suffer.
(d) Leave them.
12. The second traditional aspect of man's relationship with God is fear of His _________.
13. J.B. says that Sarah "thinks you can choose among your _____: well you don't, you love the lot of them."
14. The Messengers bring Sarah into the house, dirty and bruised. Where has she been?
(a) She fell off a bridge.
(b) She was trapped under the wall of a collapsing building.
(c) She was in a car accident.
(d) She was beaten up by a gang member.
15. What are Zuss and Nickles holding while they watch Sarah and J.B. realize their son is dead?
(a) Their masks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does existentialism say about God?
2. Nickles says that the real reason for suffering is to learn that everything ends in what?
3. Why do J.B. and Sarah wait to call the police?
4. This play, and the story of Job, are allegories for what?
5. When the lights fade at the end of Scene 1, what shadows are left on the ceiling of the tent?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)