|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the writer uses words that begin with the same sound to get the attention of the reader, it is called what?
2. The lesson of the allegory that this play represents is that we can face whatever happens with acceptance and grace. Which character represents this viewpoint?
3. What is J.B. and Sarah's daughter holding in her fist when she is found?
(a) A toy doll.
(b) A toy umbrella.
(c) A toy tea pot.
(d) A stuffed animal.
4. At the end of the Prologue, what holiday is J.B. shown at?
(d) Fourth of July.
5. When Zuss and Nickles put their masks on at the end of Scene 2, what do they recite?
(a) Biblical poetry.
(b) Biblical commentary.
(c) Biblical titles.
(d) Biblical verse.
6. When Mr. Zuss says that the world is a great place, what does Mr. Nickles say it is?
(a) A garbage dump.
(b) A waste land.
(c) A dung-heap.
(d) A trash pile.
7. How many of J.B.'s children are in a car that is hit by a drunk driver?
8. What book of the Old Testament are Zuss and Nickles basing their lines on at the end of Scene 2?
9. J.B. represents what side of belief in God?
10. Whose story do Mr. Nickles and Mr. Zuss portray on the stage?
11. How long is J.B.'s grace at the meal in Scene 1?
(a) Long enough.
(b) Very brief.
(c) Of moderate length.
12. In the Prologue, man is compared to a wingless, sightless insect that does what?
(a) Bangs itself against a window pane.
(b) Gets squashed by the boot of someone larger.
(c) Lands and gets run over by a car.
(d) Slams itself into a windshield.
13. Sarah tells them that David's ______ are probably much dirtier than theirs.
14. Nickles says that the real reason for suffering is to learn that everything ends in what?
(a) Death and sorrow.
(b) Death and emptiness.
(c) Death and dirt.
(d) Death and pity.
15. What is Sarah arranging on the table when she and J.B. notice two drunk soldiers across the street?
(a) Place settings.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color are the uniforms of the concession vendors?
2. The Messengers bring Sarah into the house, dirty and bruised. Where has she been?
3. After Sarah sings her song, the children ask J.B. to do what?
4. What does Sarah want the children, at dinner, to do more thoroughly?
5. What kind of mask is Mr. Nickles supposed to wear?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)