|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sarah tells them that David's ______ are probably much dirtier than theirs.
2. Sarah compares their children to J.B., saying that they both show gratitude the way a woman does what?
(a) Uses purses.
(b) Wears nice jewelry.
(c) Wears a nice pair of shoes.
(d) Wears a nice dress.
3. J.B. refers to the regularity of morning and spring to show that God can be what?
(c) Counted upon.
4. The second traditional aspect of man's relationship with God is fear of His _________.
5. The Messengers bring Sarah into the house, dirty and bruised. Where has she been?
(a) She was in a car accident.
(b) She was beaten up by a gang member.
(c) She was trapped under the wall of a collapsing building.
(d) She fell off a bridge.
6. What does Nickles want to do when he climbs down the ladder?
(a) Laugh at J.B. and his faith.
(b) Help Sarah understand what is occurring.
(c) Help J.B. understand what is occurring.
(d) Laugh at Sarah and her faith.
7. How long is J.B.'s grace at the meal in Scene 1?
(a) Very brief.
(b) Long enough.
(d) Of moderate length.
8. How many of J.B.'s children are in a car that is hit by a drunk driver?
9. Mr. Nickles and Mr. Zuss, in the Prologue, say that the audience is what?
(a) The ocean.
(d) At rest.
10. What does Sarah want the children, at dinner, to do more thoroughly?
(a) Praise God.
(b) Love God.
(c) Fear God.
(d) Thank God.
11. At the end of Scene 2, after Zuss and Nickles quote lines, the lights change and the audience is taken where?
(a) To a funeral.
(b) To the scene of an accident.
(c) Back to the dining room table.
(d) To a church.
12. Who says "The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away," after all the children are dead?
13. What does existentialism say about God?
(a) God doesn't make anything happen to mankind.
(b) God makes bad things happen.
(c) God indulges in making mankind suffer.
(d) There is no God.
14. According to Mr. Zuss, why does Job not have a right to question God?
(a) Because he's only a man.
(b) Because God is God.
(c) Because God is the Creator.
(d) Because he wasn't worthy.
15. Sarah says that if they forget God, God will do what?
(a) Forget them.
(b) Make them suffer.
(c) Leave them.
(d) Remove his blessings.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does it take for J.B. and Sarah to call the police about their missing daughter?
2. There are two traditional aspects of man's relationship with God as portrayed in the story. The first is ______ in God's love.
3. Existentialism is a philosophical movement of what century?
4. Sarah says that you cannot take God's blessings as a gift, but that God is owed _______ in return.
5. The name "Zuss" resembles what god from Ancient Greece?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)