|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sarah want the children, at dinner, to do more thoroughly?
(a) Love God.
(b) Praise God.
(c) Thank God.
(d) Fear God.
2. This play, and the story of Job, are allegories for what?
(a) The human experience and philosophy.
(b) The human experience in relation with God.
(c) The human experience of existentialism.
(d) The human experience of suffering.
3. Where is the story of Job found?
(a) In the Old Testament.
(b) In the New Testament.
(c) In the Pentateuch.
(d) In the Apocrapha.
4. Where does Sarah believe that blessings come from?
(d) The Church.
5. How many children do J.B. and Sarah have?
6. Who says "The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away," after all the children are dead?
7. Mr. Zuss says that evil is never ______.
8. What is the modern day religion closest to existentialism?
9. How many meanings does an allegorical story have?
10. There are two traditional aspects of man's relationship with God as portrayed in the story. The first is ______ in God's love.
11. Sarah sings a song to the children that wonders what?
(a) Where prayers go when they are made.
(b) Where the sun goes when it goes down.
(c) Where the days go when they're over.
(d) Where wishes go once they are wished.
12. According to Mr. Zuss, why does Job not have a right to question God?
(a) Because God is the Creator.
(b) Because he wasn't worthy.
(c) Because God is God.
(d) Because he's only a man.
13. What does Mr. Nickles sell?
(a) Ice cream.
14. Where are Zuss and Nickles when Sarah and J.B. realize their son is dead?
(a) To the side of the scene.
(b) In the front row of the audience.
(c) Off stage.
(d) On an upper platform.
15. The second traditional aspect of man's relationship with God is fear of His _________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mr. Nickles and Mr. Zuss, in the Prologue, say that the audience is what?
2. When Nickles and Zuss are saying their lines, who says God's first line?
3. When Mr. Zuss climbs the ladder, what kind of mask does he find?
4. Whose story do Mr. Nickles and Mr. Zuss portray on the stage?
5. J.B. represents what side of belief in God?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)