|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sarah says that if they forget God, God will do what?
(a) Make them suffer.
(b) Remove his blessings.
(c) Forget them.
(d) Leave them.
2. How many meanings does an allegorical story have?
3. How many maids wait near the table that J.B. and his family are sitting at?
4. When Nickles and Zuss are saying their lines, who says God's first line?
(b) Another actor.
(c) An audience member.
(d) A Distant Voice.
5. Before Zuss can shout out his faith in J.B.'s faith, Nickles asks him what question?
(a) Why J.B. has to die.
(b) Why J.B. has to have faith.
(c) Why J.B. has to experience pain.
(d) Why J.B. has to suffer.
6. J.B.'s song at the end of Scene 1represents what?
(a) The motive of the play.
(b) The tone of the play.
(c) The theme of the play.
(d) The mood of the play.
7. Sarah lives her life indulging in blaming rage and what?
(a) Fearful gratitude.
(b) Fearless blessings.
(c) Faithful obedience.
(d) Fearful obedience.
8. When Sarah and J.B. invite the soldiers into the house, where do they go to sit and talk?
(a) In front of the fire.
(b) On the back porch.
(c) In the kitchen.
(d) To the front porch.
9. When J.B. makes a reference to Sarah's love of flowers, he is referring to what?
(a) Their blessings.
(b) Their children.
(c) Their possessions.
(d) Their family.
10. The text of the play is written in what?
(a) Tetromic pentameter.
(b) Trochaic iameter.
(c) Blank verse.
(d) Choric verse.
11. The scene between the family shows the _____ between J.B. and Sarah about their beliefs.
12. After coming down from their platform, how do Nickles and Zuss return to their platform?
(a) With their hands tied.
(b) Arm in arm.
(c) With their feet tied.
(d) In handcuffs.
13. J.B. refers to the regularity of morning and spring to show that God can be what?
(a) Counted upon.
14. When Mr. Zuss says that the world is a great place, what does Mr. Nickles say it is?
(a) A garbage dump.
(b) A dung-heap.
(c) A waste land.
(d) A trash pile.
15. How long does it take for J.B. and Sarah to call the police about their missing daughter?
(a) Eight hours.
(b) Six hours.
(c) Nine hours.
(d) Seven hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of mask is Mr. Nickles supposed to wear?
2. When Mr. Zuss climbs the ladder, what kind of mask does he find?
3. Sarah compares their children to J.B., saying that they both show gratitude the way a woman does what?
4. After Sarah sings her song, the children ask J.B. to do what?
5. How many children do J.B. and Sarah have?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)