|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mr. Nickles and Mr. Zuss, in the Prologue, describe the stage as what?
(a) In the sky.
(d) On the ground.
2. J.B. says that Sarah "thinks you can choose among your _____: well you don't, you love the lot of them."
3. Why do J.B. and Sarah wait to call the police?
(a) They thought she was at a friend's house.
(b) They thought she would simply come home.
(c) They thought nothing was wrong.
(d) They thought they could find her on their own.
4. J.B. says that when he was a kid, the light of ______ was the light of God.
(b) The sun.
(d) The moon.
5. Sarah sings a song to the children that wonders what?
(a) Where prayers go when they are made.
(b) Where the sun goes when it goes down.
(c) Where wishes go once they are wished.
(d) Where the days go when they're over.
6. Whose story do Mr. Nickles and Mr. Zuss portray on the stage?
7. What is the name of Sarah and J.B.'s son who is off at war?
8. When Mr. Zuss climbs the ladder, what kind of mask does he find?
(a) Restful and angelic.
(b) Restful and glorious.
(c) Beautiful and powerful.
(d) Beautiful and peaceful.
9. What is Sarah arranging on the table when she and J.B. notice two drunk soldiers across the street?
(a) Place settings.
10. The name "Zuss" resembles what god from Ancient Greece?
11. To Zuss and Nickles, J.B. is playing a role in deciding the argument between what two entities?
(a) Praise and thanks.
(b) God and Satan.
(c) Good and evil.
(d) Fear and faith.
12. What book of the Old Testament are Zuss and Nickles basing their lines on at the end of Scene 2?
13. J.B. sings a song that says, "To be, become, and end are all _____."
14. In the story of Job, Satan bets God that if God were to curse Job, Job would do what?
(a) Pray to God.
(b) Pray to Satan.
(c) Praise Satan.
(d) Curse God.
15. Mr. Nickles and Mr. Zuss, in the Prologue, say that the audience is what?
(c) At rest.
(d) The ocean.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sarah lives her life indulging in blaming rage and what?
2. How many maids wait near the table that J.B. and his family are sitting at?
3. When the writer uses words that begin with the same sound to get the attention of the reader, it is called what?
4. At the beginning of Scene 2, what do Zuss and Nickles remove?
5. According to Mr. Zuss, why does Job not have a right to question God?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)