|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. J.B. sings a song that says, "To be, become, and end are all _____."
2. How long does it take for J.B. and Sarah to call the police about their missing daughter?
(a) Seven hours.
(b) Eight hours.
(c) Six hours.
(d) Nine hours.
3. When Nickles and Zuss are saying their lines, who says God's first line?
(a) A Distant Voice.
(c) Another actor.
(d) An audience member.
4. When J.B. makes a reference to Sarah's love of flowers, he is referring to what?
(a) Their family.
(b) Their blessings.
(c) Their children.
(d) Their possessions.
5. What does Sarah think the two soldiers have for her and J.B.?
(a) A message from their son.
(b) A medal for their son.
(d) A letter from their son.
6. Where are Zuss and Nickles when Sarah and J.B. realize their son is dead?
(a) On an upper platform.
(b) To the side of the scene.
(c) In the front row of the audience.
(d) Off stage.
7. Mr. Nickles and Mr. Zuss, in the Prologue, say that the audience is what?
(a) At rest.
(c) The ocean.
8. The argument of the play is that the only way to live and transcend suffering is through what?
(a) Belief that there is a God and a divine plan.
(b) Faith and trust in God an his divine plan.
(c) Prayer and obedience to God.
(d) Faith in human beings.
9. J.B. says that Sarah "thinks you can choose among your _____: well you don't, you love the lot of them."
10. Nickles says that J.B. would play his role differently if he were what?
11. How long is J.B.'s grace at the meal in Scene 1?
(a) Long enough.
(c) Very brief.
(d) Of moderate length.
12. The second traditional aspect of man's relationship with God is fear of His _________.
13. When the lights fade at the end of Scene 1, what shadows are left on the ceiling of the tent?
(a) The shadows of the God-mask and Satan-mask.
(b) The shadows of death and destruction.
(c) The shadows of Mr. Zuss and Mr. Nickles.
(d) The shadows of God and Satan.
14. Once Nickles and Zuss have their masks on, where do they quote lines from?
(a) History books.
(b) The Bible.
(c) Famous movies.
15. What is the name of Sarah and J.B.'s son who is off at war?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many maids wait near the table that J.B. and his family are sitting at?
2. What are Zuss and Nickles holding while they watch Sarah and J.B. realize their son is dead?
3. The name "Zuss" resembles what god from Ancient Greece?
4. When the writer uses words that begin with the same sound to get the attention of the reader, it is called what?
5. When Zuss and Nickles put their masks on at the end of Scene 2, what do they recite?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)