|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sarah says that if they forget God, God will do what?
(a) Leave them.
(b) Remove his blessings.
(c) Forget them.
(d) Make them suffer.
2. What does Nickles want to do when he climbs down the ladder?
(a) Help J.B. understand what is occurring.
(b) Laugh at J.B. and his faith.
(c) Help Sarah understand what is occurring.
(d) Laugh at Sarah and her faith.
3. When the lights fade at the end of Scene 1, what shadows are left on the ceiling of the tent?
(a) The shadows of the God-mask and Satan-mask.
(b) The shadows of Mr. Zuss and Mr. Nickles.
(c) The shadows of death and destruction.
(d) The shadows of God and Satan.
4. The Messengers bring Sarah into the house, dirty and bruised. Where has she been?
(a) She was beaten up by a gang member.
(b) She was in a car accident.
(c) She was trapped under the wall of a collapsing building.
(d) She fell off a bridge.
5. Whose story do Mr. Nickles and Mr. Zuss portray on the stage?
6. After coming down from their platform, how do Nickles and Zuss return to their platform?
(a) In handcuffs.
(b) Arm in arm.
(c) With their hands tied.
(d) With their feet tied.
7. Existentialism says that the sum total of existence is what human beings _______.
8. Some people say that J.B. is lucky, but J.B. attributes his "luck" to what?
(a) God's blessings.
(b) God's thanks.
(c) God's acts.
(d) God's knowledge.
9. When Mr. Zuss says that the world is a great place, what does Mr. Nickles say it is?
(a) A trash pile.
(b) A waste land.
(c) A garbage dump.
(d) A dung-heap.
10. J.B. refers to the regularity of morning and spring to show that God can be what?
(c) Counted upon.
11. Who says "The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away," after all the children are dead?
12. What does Mr. Nickles sell?
(a) Ice cream.
13. Mr. Zuss says that evil is never ______.
14. Sarah sings a song to the children that wonders what?
(a) Where wishes go once they are wished.
(b) Where the sun goes when it goes down.
(c) Where the days go when they're over.
(d) Where prayers go when they are made.
15. What does the First Messenger do when the Second Messenger tells J.B. and Sarah that their children are dead because of a drunk driver?
(a) Interview them for a news video.
(b) Snap pictures.
(c) Take notes.
(d) Record with a video camera.
Short Answer Questions
1. The soldier mentions doing the best they could for David, but says that they didn't have the right length of _________.
2. Before Zuss can shout out his faith in J.B.'s faith, Nickles asks him what question?
3. What kind of mask is Mr. Nickles supposed to wear?
4. Nickles says that the real reason for suffering is to learn that everything ends in what?
5. How long is J.B.'s grace at the meal in Scene 1?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)