|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the Prologue set?
(a) At a ball game.
(b) At a concessions stand.
(c) In a football stadium.
(d) In a circus tent.
2. What kind of mask is Mr. Nickles supposed to wear?
(a) A mask depicting evil and hatred.
(b) A mask depicting smirking and disgust.
(c) A mask depicting laughter and disgust.
(d) A mask depicting discontent and hatred.
3. Nickles says that J.B. would play his role differently if he were what?
4. The argument of the play is that the only way to live and transcend suffering is through what?
(a) Belief that there is a God and a divine plan.
(b) Prayer and obedience to God.
(c) Faith in human beings.
(d) Faith and trust in God an his divine plan.
5. When Zuss and Nickles are arguing about the role of suffering in J.B.'s life, they are ______ to the story of Job in the Bible.
6. In the Prologue, man is compared to a wingless, sightless insect that does what?
(a) Bangs itself against a window pane.
(b) Gets squashed by the boot of someone larger.
(c) Slams itself into a windshield.
(d) Lands and gets run over by a car.
7. Allegory is a form of extended ______.
8. Where is the story of Job found?
(a) In the Pentateuch.
(b) In the New Testament.
(c) In the Old Testament.
(d) In the Apocrapha.
9. Zuss says that ______ will enable J.B. to see God more clearly.
10. Zuss wonders if J.B. knows that he is a(n) ______ in the story.
(a) Main character.
(c) Minor character.
11. The Messengers bring Sarah into the house, dirty and bruised. Where has she been?
(a) She fell off a bridge.
(b) She was in a car accident.
(c) She was trapped under the wall of a collapsing building.
(d) She was beaten up by a gang member.
12. The second traditional aspect of man's relationship with God is fear of His _________.
13. When Mr. Zuss says that the world is a great place, what does Mr. Nickles say it is?
(a) A trash pile.
(b) A waste land.
(c) A dung-heap.
(d) A garbage dump.
14. What is Sarah arranging on the table when she and J.B. notice two drunk soldiers across the street?
(a) Place settings.
15. Sarah lives her life indulging in blaming rage and what?
(a) Fearful gratitude.
(b) Faithful obedience.
(c) Fearful obedience.
(d) Fearless blessings.
Short Answer Questions
1. There are two traditional aspects of man's relationship with God as portrayed in the story. The first is ______ in God's love.
2. When Mr. Nickles and Mr. Zuss step onto the stage, who is Mr. Zuss going to play?
3. Mr. Nickles and Mr. Zuss, in the Prologue, describe the stage as what?
4. When J.B. makes a reference to Sarah's love of flowers, he is referring to what?
5. In the story of Job, Satan bets God that if God were to curse Job, Job would do what?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)