|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sarah says that you cannot take God's blessings as a gift, but that God is owed _______ in return.
2. What are Zuss and Nickles holding while they watch Sarah and J.B. realize their son is dead?
(a) Their masks.
3. Zuss says that ______ will enable J.B. to see God more clearly.
4. The scene between the family shows the _____ between J.B. and Sarah about their beliefs.
5. At the end of the Prologue, what holiday is J.B. shown at?
(b) Fourth of July.
6. Sarah compares their children to J.B., saying that they both show gratitude the way a woman does what?
(a) Wears a nice dress.
(b) Uses purses.
(c) Wears nice jewelry.
(d) Wears a nice pair of shoes.
7. What does Sarah think the two soldiers have for her and J.B.?
(b) A medal for their son.
(c) A message from their son.
(d) A letter from their son.
8. In the story of Job, Satan bets God that if God were to curse Job, Job would do what?
(a) Praise Satan.
(b) Pray to God.
(c) Pray to Satan.
(d) Curse God.
9. J.B. refers to the regularity of morning and spring to show that God can be what?
(b) Counted upon.
10. When Sarah and J.B. invite the soldiers into the house, where do they go to sit and talk?
(a) On the back porch.
(b) In front of the fire.
(c) To the front porch.
(d) In the kitchen.
11. How many maids wait near the table that J.B. and his family are sitting at?
12. Who says "The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away," after all the children are dead?
13. Mr. Nickles and Mr. Zuss, in the Prologue, say that the audience is what?
(b) The ocean.
(c) At rest.
14. Nickles and Zuss are what type of characters?
15. Why do J.B. and Sarah wait to call the police?
(a) They thought they could find her on their own.
(b) They thought she was at a friend's house.
(c) They thought nothing was wrong.
(d) They thought she would simply come home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is J.B. and Sarah's daughter holding in her fist when she is found?
2. When Nickles and Zuss are saying their lines, who says God's first line?
3. Zuss wonders if J.B. knows that he is a(n) ______ in the story.
4. The lesson of the allegory that this play represents is that we can face whatever happens with acceptance and grace. Which character represents this viewpoint?
5. What kind of mask is Mr. Nickles supposed to wear?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)