|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mr. Zuss says that evil is never ______.
2. Zuss wonders if J.B. knows that he is a(n) ______ in the story.
(a) Main character.
(b) Minor character.
3. The argument of the play is that the only way to live and transcend suffering is through what?
(a) Prayer and obedience to God.
(b) Belief that there is a God and a divine plan.
(c) Faith in human beings.
(d) Faith and trust in God an his divine plan.
4. When the writer uses words that begin with the same sound to get the attention of the reader, it is called what?
5. Where is the Prologue set?
(a) In a football stadium.
(b) At a ball game.
(c) At a concessions stand.
(d) In a circus tent.
6. What does Sarah think the two soldiers have for her and J.B.?
(a) A message from their son.
(b) A letter from their son.
(d) A medal for their son.
7. There are two traditional aspects of man's relationship with God as portrayed in the story. The first is ______ in God's love.
8. When Zuss and Nickles are arguing about the role of suffering in J.B.'s life, they are ______ to the story of Job in the Bible.
9. How many children do J.B. and Sarah have?
10. According to the allegory this play represents, human life is lived according to what?
(a) Man's will.
(b) God's pleasures.
(c) Man's pleasures.
(d) God's will.
11. How long does it take for J.B. and Sarah to call the police about their missing daughter?
(a) Seven hours.
(b) Six hours.
(c) Nine hours.
(d) Eight hours.
12. What does existentialism say about God?
(a) God indulges in making mankind suffer.
(b) God doesn't make anything happen to mankind.
(c) God makes bad things happen.
(d) There is no God.
13. Sarah represents what side of belief in God?
14. Existentialism says that the sum total of existence is what human beings _______.
15. Who says "The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away," after all the children are dead?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Zuss and Nickles put their masks on at the end of Scene 2, what do they recite?
2. When J.B. makes a reference to Sarah's love of flowers, he is referring to what?
3. When the lights fade at the end of Scene 1, what shadows are left on the ceiling of the tent?
4. When Mr. Zuss climbs the ladder, what kind of mask does he find?
5. Where is the story of Job found?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)