|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many of J.B.'s children are in a car that is hit by a drunk driver?
2. When Zuss and Nickles put their masks on at the end of Scene 2, what do they recite?
(a) Biblical commentary.
(b) Biblical poetry.
(c) Biblical verse.
(d) Biblical titles.
3. Mr. Zuss says that evil is never ______.
4. Existentialism is a philosophical movement of what century?
5. The scene between the family shows the _____ between J.B. and Sarah about their beliefs.
6. When Mr. Zuss climbs the ladder, what kind of mask does he find?
(a) Beautiful and powerful.
(b) Beautiful and peaceful.
(c) Restful and glorious.
(d) Restful and angelic.
7. At the end of the Prologue, what holiday is J.B. shown at?
(a) Fourth of July.
8. How long is J.B.'s grace at the meal in Scene 1?
(a) Very brief.
(b) Long enough.
(d) Of moderate length.
9. When Mr. Zuss says that the world is a great place, what does Mr. Nickles say it is?
(a) A garbage dump.
(b) A trash pile.
(c) A dung-heap.
(d) A waste land.
10. Sarah sings a song to the children that wonders what?
(a) Where the sun goes when it goes down.
(b) Where prayers go when they are made.
(c) Where wishes go once they are wished.
(d) Where the days go when they're over.
11. At the end of Scene 2, after Zuss and Nickles quote lines, the lights change and the audience is taken where?
(a) Back to the dining room table.
(b) To the scene of an accident.
(c) To a funeral.
(d) To a church.
12. Who says "The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away," after all the children are dead?
13. J.B. represents what side of belief in God?
14. After Sarah sings her song, the children ask J.B. to do what?
(a) Play the piano.
(b) Sing a different song.
(c) Sing the same song.
(d) Put the train together.
15. Once Nickles and Zuss have their masks on, where do they quote lines from?
(a) History books.
(b) The Bible.
(d) Famous movies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sarah says that you cannot take God's blessings as a gift, but that God is owed _______ in return.
2. Sarah tells them that David's ______ are probably much dirtier than theirs.
3. Before Zuss can shout out his faith in J.B.'s faith, Nickles asks him what question?
4. Allegory is a form of extended ______.
5. The Messengers bring Sarah into the house, dirty and bruised. Where has she been?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)