|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When J.B. makes a reference to Sarah's love of flowers, he is referring to what?
(a) Their family.
(b) Their blessings.
(c) Their possessions.
(d) Their children.
2. At the end of Scene 2, after Zuss and Nickles quote lines, the lights change and the audience is taken where?
(a) To the scene of an accident.
(b) Back to the dining room table.
(c) To a church.
(d) To a funeral.
3. When the lights fade at the end of Scene 1, what shadows are left on the ceiling of the tent?
(a) The shadows of Mr. Zuss and Mr. Nickles.
(b) The shadows of death and destruction.
(c) The shadows of the God-mask and Satan-mask.
(d) The shadows of God and Satan.
4. The second traditional aspect of man's relationship with God is fear of His _________.
5. What does the First Messenger do when the Second Messenger tells J.B. and Sarah that their children are dead because of a drunk driver?
(a) Snap pictures.
(b) Record with a video camera.
(c) Interview them for a news video.
(d) Take notes.
6. In the story of Job, Satan bets God that if God were to curse Job, Job would do what?
(a) Curse God.
(b) Pray to God.
(c) Praise Satan.
(d) Pray to Satan.
7. At the beginning of Scene 2, what do Zuss and Nickles remove?
(a) Their uniforms.
(b) Their costumes.
(c) Their masks.
(d) Their belts.
8. Sarah compares their children to J.B., saying that they both show gratitude the way a woman does what?
(a) Wears a nice pair of shoes.
(b) Uses purses.
(c) Wears nice jewelry.
(d) Wears a nice dress.
9. How long is J.B.'s grace at the meal in Scene 1?
(a) Long enough.
(b) Very brief.
(c) Of moderate length.
10. The scene between the family shows the _____ between J.B. and Sarah about their beliefs.
11. After coming down from their platform, how do Nickles and Zuss return to their platform?
(a) With their hands tied.
(b) With their feet tied.
(c) In handcuffs.
(d) Arm in arm.
12. To Zuss and Nickles, J.B. is playing a role in deciding the argument between what two entities?
(a) Fear and faith.
(b) God and Satan.
(c) Good and evil.
(d) Praise and thanks.
13. According to Mr. Zuss, why does Job not have a right to question God?
(a) Because he wasn't worthy.
(b) Because God is God.
(c) Because God is the Creator.
(d) Because he's only a man.
14. Whose story do Mr. Nickles and Mr. Zuss portray on the stage?
15. What does Sarah think the two soldiers have for her and J.B.?
(a) A letter from their son.
(b) A message from their son.
(d) A medal for their son.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many maids wait near the table that J.B. and his family are sitting at?
2. At the end of the Prologue, what holiday is J.B. shown at?
3. Sarah says that if they forget God, God will do what?
4. Some people say that J.B. is lucky, but J.B. attributes his "luck" to what?
5. Mr. Zuss says that evil is never ______.
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)