|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nickles want to do when he climbs down the ladder?
(a) Help Sarah understand what is occurring.
(b) Help J.B. understand what is occurring.
(c) Laugh at J.B. and his faith.
(d) Laugh at Sarah and her faith.
2. Mr. Nickles and Mr. Zuss, in the Prologue, say that the audience is what?
(b) At rest.
(c) The ocean.
3. What is the modern day religion closest to existentialism?
4. In the story of Job, Satan bets God that if God were to curse Job, Job would do what?
(a) Pray to God.
(b) Curse God.
(c) Pray to Satan.
(d) Praise Satan.
5. The lesson of the allegory that this play represents is that we can face whatever happens with acceptance and grace. Which character represents this viewpoint?
6. Sarah tells them that David's ______ are probably much dirtier than theirs.
7. J.B. says that Sarah "thinks you can choose among your _____: well you don't, you love the lot of them."
8. What word characterizes Zuss' and Nickles' thoughts about J.B.'s acting abilities?
9. Zuss wonders if J.B. knows that he is a(n) ______ in the story.
(a) Main character.
(c) Minor character.
10. Sarah says that if they forget God, God will do what?
(a) Make them suffer.
(b) Forget them.
(c) Remove his blessings.
(d) Leave them.
11. When Mr. Zuss says that the world is a great place, what does Mr. Nickles say it is?
(a) A waste land.
(b) A trash pile.
(c) A garbage dump.
(d) A dung-heap.
12. There are two traditional aspects of man's relationship with God as portrayed in the story. The first is ______ in God's love.
13. Who is the Distant Voice meant to represent?
(d) The angels.
14. J.B.'s song at the end of Scene 1represents what?
(a) The mood of the play.
(b) The theme of the play.
(c) The motive of the play.
(d) The tone of the play.
15. Why do J.B. and Sarah wait to call the police?
(a) They thought they could find her on their own.
(b) They thought she would simply come home.
(c) They thought she was at a friend's house.
(d) They thought nothing was wrong.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sarah sings a song to the children that wonders what?
2. When Zuss and Nickles put their masks on at the end of Scene 2, what do they recite?
3. What does existentialism say about God?
4. How many children do J.B. and Sarah have?
5. Once Nickles and Zuss have their masks on, where do they quote lines from?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)