|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Nickles complains that God has done what, tumbling a whole city down to blister one man's skin with agony?
(a) Gone over the deep end.
(b) Gone over the top.
(c) Become vengeful.
(d) Been obsessive.
2. What kind of mask is Mr. Nickles supposed to wear?
(a) A mask depicting discontent and hatred.
(b) A mask depicting laughter and disgust.
(c) A mask depicting evil and hatred.
(d) A mask depicting smirking and disgust.
3. When Nickles and Zuss are saying their lines, who says God's first line?
(b) An audience member.
(c) A Distant Voice.
(d) Another actor.
4. Nickles climbs up the ladder at the end of Scene 8 and calls God by his name in what language?
5. At the end of Scene 9, what does J.B. accept?
(a) That he is a sinner.
(c) God's judgment.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Zuss and Nickles are able to put their masks on again in Scene 7, they become what?
2. What book of the Old Testament are Zuss and Nickles basing their lines on at the end of Scene 2?
3. What do the women, in Scene 8, sit on around J.B. and Sarah?
4. Where does Sarah believe that blessings come from?
5. J.B. refers to the regularity of morning and spring to show that God can be what?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)