|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. J.B. and Sarah, now that everything has been taken from them, say that even when they sleep they feel what?
(a) Pain and suffering.
(b) Desire to be better people.
(c) Eyes upon them.
(d) Deep sorrow.
2. In Scene 7, who quotes God's lines from the Bible where he asks the devil to consider the perfection of Job's devotion?
(c) Distant Voice.
3. When J.B. and Sarah are arguing over whether God's blessings are earned or simply given, what happens to interrupt them?
(a) One child asks for the wishbone.
(b) One child asks Sarah to put him to bed.
(c) One child becomes sick.
(d) One child asks for a story.
4. There are two traditional aspects of man's relationship with God as portrayed in the story. The first is ______ in God's love.
5. Who says, "His will, our peace?"
Short Answer Questions
1. Nickles and Zuss both lose what at the beginning of Scene 10?
2. What does the First Messenger do when the Second Messenger tells J.B. and Sarah that their children are dead because of a drunk driver?
3. J.B. says that Sarah "thinks you can choose among your _____: well you don't, you love the lot of them."
4. Sarah says that human beings ___________, which is the wonder of existence.
5. Whose story do Mr. Nickles and Mr. Zuss portray on the stage?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)