|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. J.B. says that Sarah "thinks you can choose among your _____: well you don't, you love the lot of them."
2. What book of the Old Testament are Zuss and Nickles basing their lines on at the end of Scene 2?
3. J.B.'s song at the end of Scene 1represents what?
(a) The mood of the play.
(b) The tone of the play.
(c) The motive of the play.
(d) The theme of the play.
4. Sarah says that although the lights in the church have gone out, the light from their _____ will be enough.
5. Why does Nickles think that J.B. will not take his life back?
(a) Because he doesn't want to suffer again.
(b) Because that's not the way it works for him.
(c) Because he doesn't think he deserves it.
(d) Because he doesn't want his life back.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the modern day religion closest to existentialism?
2. What are Zuss and Nickles holding while they watch Sarah and J.B. realize their son is dead?
3. Right before the Distant Voice quotes God's lines from the Bible, what problem is Nickles having with his mask?
4. Who is the Distant Voice meant to represent?
5. Sarah doesn't believe J.B. that her children must have had some sin to be punished. She believes her children are what?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)