|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sarah says that when she left J.B. all she had to offer him was ______.
2. What word characterizes Zuss' and Nickles' thoughts about J.B.'s acting abilities?
3. What does Nickles want to do when he climbs down the ladder?
(a) Laugh at Sarah and her faith.
(b) Help J.B. understand what is occurring.
(c) Laugh at J.B. and his faith.
(d) Help Sarah understand what is occurring.
4. The argument of the play is that the only way to live and transcend suffering is through what?
(a) Faith in human beings.
(b) Belief that there is a God and a divine plan.
(c) Prayer and obedience to God.
(d) Faith and trust in God an his divine plan.
5. When Zuss and Nickles are able to put their masks on again in Scene 7, they become what?
(a) Instruments of Satan's wrath.
(b) Instruments of God's wrath.
(c) Instruments of God's wisdom.
(d) Instruments of the masks.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Mr. Zuss says that the world is a great place, what does Mr. Nickles say it is?
2. How many aspects of human existence is this play an allegory about?
3. Nickles equates God's will not with _______, but with being ruled and submission.
4. How many of J.B.'s children are in a car that is hit by a drunk driver?
5. After seeing J.B.'s body covered in blisters and everything that has happened, Sarah calls God what?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)