|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before Zuss can shout out his faith in J.B.'s faith, Nickles asks him what question?
(a) Why J.B. has to die.
(b) Why J.B. has to experience pain.
(c) Why J.B. has to suffer.
(d) Why J.B. has to have faith.
2. J.B. sings a song that says, "To be, become, and end are all _____."
3. The women, in Scene 8, believe that the heart is always what?
(a) A mystery.
(d) A sign.
4. Who urges J.B. to take the new life that is being offered to him?
(a) The Distant Voice.
5. Sarah says that you cannot take God's blessings as a gift, but that God is owed _______ in return.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sarah says she left J.B. because she couldn't offer him ________.
2. The lesson of the allegory that this play represents is that we can face whatever happens with acceptance and grace. Which character represents this viewpoint?
3. What does Zophar wear?
4. The Messengers bring Sarah into the house, dirty and bruised. Where has she been?
5. Nickles' being unable to find his mask represents the helplessness of humans when we are not able to use God for what?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)