|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the women, in Scene 8, sit on around J.B. and Sarah?
(a) The ground.
2. Who says "The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away," after all the children are dead?
3. What does Nickles want to do when he climbs down the ladder?
(a) Help J.B. understand what is occurring.
(b) Help Sarah understand what is occurring.
(c) Laugh at Sarah and her faith.
(d) Laugh at J.B. and his faith.
4. Some people say that J.B. is lucky, but J.B. attributes his "luck" to what?
(a) God's knowledge.
(b) God's thanks.
(c) God's blessings.
(d) God's acts.
5. Why does Nickles think that J.B. will not take his life back?
(a) Because that's not the way it works for him.
(b) Because he doesn't think he deserves it.
(c) Because he doesn't want his life back.
(d) Because he doesn't want to suffer again.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sarah doesn't believe J.B. that her children must have had some sin to be punished. She believes her children are what?
2. When Nickles asks J.B. if he knows what happens at the end, J.B. says what?
3. When Zuss and Nickles put on their masks at the end of Scene 7, what is the emotion they feel towards the expanse of God and the depth of his knowledge?
4. Sarah tells them that David's ______ are probably much dirtier than theirs.
5. How does Nickles characterize Sarah and J.B.s experiences in the play, thus far?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)