|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are Zuss and Nickles when Sarah and J.B. realize their son is dead?
(a) Off stage.
(b) To the side of the scene.
(c) In the front row of the audience.
(d) On an upper platform.
2. What does Mr. Nickles sell?
(a) Ice cream.
3. When Zuss and Nickles are arguing about the role of suffering in J.B.'s life, they are ______ to the story of Job in the Bible.
4. In the story of Job, Satan bets God that if God were to curse Job, Job would do what?
(a) Praise Satan.
(b) Pray to Satan.
(c) Pray to God.
(d) Curse God.
5. In Scene 7, who quotes God's lines from the Bible where he asks the devil to consider the perfection of Job's devotion?
(b) Distant Voice.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the allegory this play represents, human life is lived according to what?
2. The final argument between Zuss and Nickles in Scene 7 mirrors an argument they have at the end of what scene?
3. What does Mr. Zuss sell?
4. At the beginning of Scene 2, what do Zuss and Nickles remove?
5. What book of the Old Testament are Zuss and Nickles basing their lines on at the end of Scene 2?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)