|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sarah think the two soldiers have for her and J.B.?
(b) A message from their son.
(c) A letter from their son.
(d) A medal for their son.
2. Why does Zuss condemn J.B. at the beginning of Scene 10?
(a) Because he doesn't have true faith.
(b) Because he simply won't give up.
(c) Because he's too peaceful.
(d) Because he wasn't giving in to God at all.
3. When Zuss and Nickles are arguing about the role of suffering in J.B.'s life, they are ______ to the story of Job in the Bible.
4. Eliphaz says that guilt is what?
(a) A mockery.
(b) An illusion.
(c) An emotion.
(d) A joke.
5. Why does J.B. apologize to Zophar, Eliphaz, and Bildad?
(a) For how he looks.
(b) For his faith.
(c) For not having anything to offer them.
(d) For not having a place for them to sit.
Short Answer Questions
1. The final argument between Zuss and Nickles in Scene 7 mirrors an argument they have at the end of what scene?
2. After seeing J.B.'s body covered in blisters and everything that has happened, Sarah calls God what?
3. Who declares that J.B. has done exactly as he hoped he would, and has affirmed his faith in God?
4. Where are Zuss and Nickles when Sarah and J.B. realize their son is dead?
5. In Scene 7, who quotes God's lines from the Bible where he asks the devil to consider the perfection of Job's devotion?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)