|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Zuss and Nickles able to put on their masks again?
(a) They agree to reverse everything that has happened.
(b) They agree to stay out of J.B.'s life.
(c) They agree to help Sarah.
(d) They agree to finish the story they started.
2. Nickles complains that God has done what, tumbling a whole city down to blister one man's skin with agony?
(a) Gone over the deep end.
(b) Become vengeful.
(c) Been obsessive.
(d) Gone over the top.
3. At the end of Scene 2, after Zuss and Nickles quote lines, the lights change and the audience is taken where?
(a) To a church.
(b) To the scene of an accident.
(c) To a funeral.
(d) Back to the dining room table.
4. What is the modern day religion closest to existentialism?
5. What does Sarah want the children, at dinner, to do more thoroughly?
(a) Praise God.
(b) Fear God.
(c) Thank God.
(d) Love God.
Short Answer Questions
1. J.B. says that Sarah "thinks you can choose among your _____: well you don't, you love the lot of them."
2. Nickles' being unable to find his mask represents the helplessness of humans when we are not able to use God for what?
3. How does Nickles characterize Sarah and J.B.s experiences in the play, thus far?
4. Nickles climbs up the ladder at the end of Scene 8 and calls God by what name?
5. Zuss is angry that after being shown all of God's glory J.B. simply what?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)