|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Sarah believe that blessings come from?
(d) The Church.
2. J.B.'s song at the end of Scene 1represents what?
(a) The tone of the play.
(b) The mood of the play.
(c) The theme of the play.
(d) The motive of the play.
3. Existentialism is a philosophical movement of what century?
4. The women describe Zophar, Eliphaz, and Bildad as people who feed on what?
(a) The misfortunes of others.
(b) The misery of others.
(c) The luck of others.
(d) The sorrows of others.
5. Why does Zuss condemn J.B. at the beginning of Scene 10?
(a) Because he wasn't giving in to God at all.
(b) Because he doesn't have true faith.
(c) Because he's too peaceful.
(d) Because he simply won't give up.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nickles hear before he leaves J.B.?
2. How does Nickles characterize Sarah and J.B.s experiences in the play, thus far?
3. Bildad jeers at J.B.'s claim to what?
4. Nickles climbs up the ladder at the end of Scene 8 and calls God by what name?
5. The quote, "His will, our peace" comes from what author?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)