|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The women, in Scene 8, remember J.B. and Sarah from the days when they are what?
(a) Praiseworthy and laughing.
(b) Benevolent and joyful.
(c) Powerful leaders.
(d) Rich and successful.
2. In the story of Job, Satan bets God that if God were to curse Job, Job would do what?
(a) Praise Satan.
(b) Pray to Satan.
(c) Pray to God.
(d) Curse God.
3. J.B. represents what side of belief in God?
4. The lesson of the allegory that this play represents is that we can face whatever happens with acceptance and grace. Which character represents this viewpoint?
5. The name "Zuss" resembles what god from Ancient Greece?
Short Answer Questions
1. After J.B. realizes that Sarah is gone, he cries out for God to do what?
2. Nickles climbs up the ladder at the end of Scene 8 and calls God by what name?
3. After Zuss and Nickles put on their masks in Scene 7, what is the name of the character who speaks of Job's integrity?
4. Scene 7 echoes the scene in the biblical story of Job, in which God points out that Job has done exactly as he _______.
5. J.B., even though he is covered with sores, says that God only punishes if he has what?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)