|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before Zuss can shout out his faith in J.B.'s faith, Nickles asks him what question?
(a) Why J.B. has to experience pain.
(b) Why J.B. has to have faith.
(c) Why J.B. has to die.
(d) Why J.B. has to suffer.
2. Nickles' being unable to find his mask represents the helplessness of humans when we are not able to use God for what?
(a) A comforter.
(b) A healer.
(c) A blame for events.
(d) An excuse for our behavior.
3. Nickles says that the show of power with the Distant Voice and the wind means what to a man who has lost everything?
(c) A lot.
4. Why do J.B. and Sarah wait to call the police?
(a) They thought nothing was wrong.
(b) They thought she would simply come home.
(c) They thought they could find her on their own.
(d) They thought she was at a friend's house.
5. The second traditional aspect of man's relationship with God is fear of His _________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Zuss wonders if J.B. knows that he is a(n) ______ in the story.
2. Where are Zuss and Nickles when Sarah and J.B. realize their son is dead?
3. Nickles equates God's will not with _______, but with being ruled and submission.
4. The four women and young girl who appear function as what type of character that is often seen in Ancient Greek theater?
5. Existentialism says that life is mainly full of what?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)