|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. J.B. doesn't believe that God will give him everything back, but then he notices what?
(a) The sores on his arms are healed.
(b) Sarah around the corner.
(c) His house is standing.
(d) A briefcase full of money.
2. J.B. shouts that he will not listen to Eliphaz's argument and then does what?
(a) Covers his eyes.
(b) Covers his ears.
(c) Gets on his knees.
3. The Messengers bring Sarah into the house, dirty and bruised. Where has she been?
(a) She fell off a bridge.
(b) She was beaten up by a gang member.
(c) She was in a car accident.
(d) She was trapped under the wall of a collapsing building.
4. The women, in Scene 8, believe that the skin represents what?
(a) What we know.
(b) What we can feel.
(c) What we can see.
(d) What we can observe.
5. What are Zuss and Nickles holding while they watch Sarah and J.B. realize their son is dead?
(b) Their masks.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Scene 10, Nickles calls Zuss what?
2. Who says "The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away," after all the children are dead?
3. According to Mr. Zuss, why does Job not have a right to question God?
4. Nickles' being unable to find his mask represents the helplessness of humans when we are not able to use God for what?
5. How many aspects of human existence is this play an allegory about?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)