|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. J.B. sings a song that says, "To be, become, and end are all _____."
2. When the writer uses words that begin with the same sound to get the attention of the reader, it is called what?
3. What does the First Messenger do when the Second Messenger tells J.B. and Sarah that their children are dead because of a drunk driver?
(a) Snap pictures.
(b) Interview them for a news video.
(c) Record with a video camera.
(d) Take notes.
4. This play, and the story of Job, are allegories for what?
(a) The human experience of suffering.
(b) The human experience of existentialism.
(c) The human experience and philosophy.
(d) The human experience in relation with God.
5. J.B. and Sarah, now that everything has been taken from them, say that even when they sleep they feel what?
(a) Eyes upon them.
(b) Desire to be better people.
(c) Deep sorrow.
(d) Pain and suffering.
Short Answer Questions
1. The name "Zuss" resembles what god from Ancient Greece?
2. At the end of the Prologue, what holiday is J.B. shown at?
3. J.B. says he's tired of what when Nickles argues with him about the end?
4. J.B. says that when he was a kid, the light of ______ was the light of God.
5. Where are Zuss and Nickles when Sarah and J.B. realize their son is dead?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)