|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What book of the Old Testament are Zuss and Nickles basing their lines on at the end of Scene 2?
2. When Nickles and Zuss are saying their lines, who says God's first line?
(a) Another actor.
(b) A Distant Voice.
(d) An audience member.
3. At the beginning of Scene 2, what do Zuss and Nickles remove?
(a) Their uniforms.
(b) Their costumes.
(c) Their masks.
(d) Their belts.
4. The women, in Scene 8, remember J.B. and Sarah from the days when they are what?
(a) Praiseworthy and laughing.
(b) Rich and successful.
(c) Benevolent and joyful.
(d) Powerful leaders.
5. J.B. sings a song that says, "To be, become, and end are all _____."
Short Answer Questions
1. Nickles says that J.B. would play his role differently if he were what?
2. The argument of the play is that the only way to live and transcend suffering is through what?
3. Allegory is a form of extended ______.
4. What is the modern day religion closest to existentialism?
5. After seeing J.B.'s body covered in blisters and everything that has happened, Sarah calls God what?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)