|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When J.B. and Sarah are arguing over whether God's blessings are earned or simply given, what happens to interrupt them?
(a) One child asks for a story.
(b) One child becomes sick.
(c) One child asks for the wishbone.
(d) One child asks Sarah to put him to bed.
2. Who declares that J.B. has done exactly as he hoped he would, and has affirmed his faith in God?
3. How long is J.B.'s grace at the meal in Scene 1?
(a) Long enough.
(b) Of moderate length.
(c) Very brief.
4. When Sarah and J.B. invite the soldiers into the house, where do they go to sit and talk?
(a) In front of the fire.
(b) On the back porch.
(c) In the kitchen.
(d) To the front porch.
5. After coming down from their platform, how do Nickles and Zuss return to their platform?
(a) In handcuffs.
(b) With their feet tied.
(c) With their hands tied.
(d) Arm in arm.
Short Answer Questions
1. After arguing about the value of suffering, what does Nickles challenge Zuss to do?
2. When Zuss and Nickles are arguing about the role of suffering in J.B.'s life, they are ______ to the story of Job in the Bible.
3. What kind of mask is Mr. Nickles supposed to wear?
4. Where is the story of Job found?
5. What does Nickles want to do when he climbs down the ladder?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)