|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Right before the Distant Voice quotes God's lines from the Bible, what problem is Nickles having with his mask?
(a) He cannot find it.
(b) He cannot keep ahold of it.
(c) He cannot put it on.
(d) He cannot see through it.
2. Nickles' being unable to find his mask represents the helplessness of humans when we are not able to use God for what?
(a) An excuse for our behavior.
(b) A healer.
(c) A blame for events.
(d) A comforter.
3. Nickles says that J.B. would play his role differently if he were what?
4. How many aspects of human existence is this play an allegory about?
5. Zuss wonders if J.B. knows that he is a(n) ______ in the story.
(b) Main character.
(c) Minor character.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color are the uniforms of the concession vendors?
2. After Zuss and Nickles put on their masks in Scene 7, what is the name of the character who urges God to destroy J.B.'s body?
3. The name "Zuss" resembles what god from Ancient Greece?
4. What does Nickles want to do when he climbs down the ladder?
5. What are Zuss and Nickles holding while they watch Sarah and J.B. realize their son is dead?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)