|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Zuss and Nickles put on their masks in Scene 7, what is the name of the character who speaks of Job's integrity?
(c) Distant Voice.
2. Nickles climbs up the ladder at the end of Scene 8 and calls God by his name in what language?
3. The four women and young girl who appear function as what type of character that is often seen in Ancient Greek theater?
(a) A narrator.
(b) An observer.
(c) A side-actor.
(d) A chorus.
4. When Zuss and Nickles put their masks on at the end of Scene 2, what do they recite?
(a) Biblical commentary.
(b) Biblical poetry.
(c) Biblical verse.
(d) Biblical titles.
5. When Zuss and Nickles are arguing about the role of suffering in J.B.'s life, they are ______ to the story of Job in the Bible.
Short Answer Questions
1. Existentialism says that the sum total of existence is what human beings _______.
2. How does Mr. Nickles describe Job's situation?
3. After seeing J.B.'s body covered in blisters and everything that has happened, Sarah calls God what?
4. Sarah doesn't believe J.B. that her children must have had some sin to be punished. She believes her children are what?
5. Mr. Nickles and Mr. Zuss, in the Prologue, say that the audience is what?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)