|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mr. Nickles and Mr. Zuss, in the Prologue, say that the audience is what?
(c) The ocean.
(d) At rest.
2. What is J.B. and Sarah's daughter holding in her fist when she is found?
(a) A toy umbrella.
(b) A stuffed animal.
(c) A toy doll.
(d) A toy tea pot.
3. How long does it take for J.B. and Sarah to call the police about their missing daughter?
(a) Six hours.
(b) Nine hours.
(c) Eight hours.
(d) Seven hours.
4. This play, and the story of Job, are allegories for what?
(a) The human experience of existentialism.
(b) The human experience in relation with God.
(c) The human experience of suffering.
(d) The human experience and philosophy.
5. The text of the play is written in what?
(a) Choric verse.
(b) Blank verse.
(c) Trochaic iameter.
(d) Tetromic pentameter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does existentialism say about God?
2. Existentialism is a philosophical movement of what century?
3. The lesson of the allegory that this play represents is that we can face whatever happens with acceptance and grace. Which character represents this viewpoint?
4. What is Sarah arranging on the table when she and J.B. notice two drunk soldiers across the street?
5. What does Mr. Zuss sell?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)