|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 3, 4, 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Sarah sings her song, the children ask J.B. to do what?
(a) Put the train together.
(b) Play the piano.
(c) Sing the same song.
(d) Sing a different song.
2. The name "Zuss" resembles what god from Ancient Greece?
3. According to the allegory this play represents, human life is lived according to what?
(a) Man's pleasures.
(b) God's pleasures.
(c) God's will.
(d) Man's will.
4. What is J.B. and Sarah's daughter holding in her fist when she is found?
(a) A stuffed animal.
(b) A toy tea pot.
(c) A toy doll.
(d) A toy umbrella.
5. There are two traditional aspects of man's relationship with God as portrayed in the story. The first is ______ in God's love.
Short Answer Questions
1. This play, and the story of Job, are allegories for what?
2. J.B. says that Sarah "thinks you can choose among your _____: well you don't, you love the lot of them."
3. What does the First Messenger do when the Second Messenger tells J.B. and Sarah that their children are dead because of a drunk driver?
4. When Zuss and Nickles are arguing about the role of suffering in J.B.'s life, they are ______ to the story of Job in the Bible.
5. Whose story do Mr. Nickles and Mr. Zuss portray on the stage?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)