|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 3, 4, 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Once Nickles and Zuss have their masks on, where do they quote lines from?
(a) History books.
(b) Famous movies.
(c) The Bible.
2. This play, and the story of Job, are allegories for what?
(a) The human experience and philosophy.
(b) The human experience in relation with God.
(c) The human experience of suffering.
(d) The human experience of existentialism.
3. Nickles says that J.B. would play his role differently if he were what?
4. The scene between the family shows the _____ between J.B. and Sarah about their beliefs.
5. When Sarah and J.B. invite the soldiers into the house, where do they go to sit and talk?
(a) In front of the fire.
(b) To the front porch.
(c) On the back porch.
(d) In the kitchen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word characterizes Zuss' and Nickles' thoughts about J.B.'s acting abilities?
2. The argument of the play is that the only way to live and transcend suffering is through what?
3. Sarah compares their children to J.B., saying that they both show gratitude the way a woman does what?
4. What does Mr. Nickles sell?
5. Zuss wonders if J.B. knows that he is a(n) ______ in the story.
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)