|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 3, 4, 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Messengers bring Sarah into the house, dirty and bruised. Where has she been?
(a) She was in a car accident.
(b) She fell off a bridge.
(c) She was trapped under the wall of a collapsing building.
(d) She was beaten up by a gang member.
2. When the lights fade at the end of Scene 1, what shadows are left on the ceiling of the tent?
(a) The shadows of God and Satan.
(b) The shadows of Mr. Zuss and Mr. Nickles.
(c) The shadows of the God-mask and Satan-mask.
(d) The shadows of death and destruction.
3. What is J.B. and Sarah's daughter holding in her fist when she is found?
(a) A toy umbrella.
(b) A toy doll.
(c) A stuffed animal.
(d) A toy tea pot.
4. When the writer uses words that begin with the same sound to get the attention of the reader, it is called what?
5. J.B. sings a song that says, "To be, become, and end are all _____."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Nickles sell?
2. Sarah represents what side of belief in God?
3. How does Mr. Nickles describe Job's situation?
4. Who is the Distant Voice meant to represent?
5. When J.B. and Sarah are arguing over whether God's blessings are earned or simply given, what happens to interrupt them?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)