|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 3, 4, 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Existentialism is a philosophical movement of what century?
2. When the writer uses words that begin with the same sound to get the attention of the reader, it is called what?
3. What kind of mask is Mr. Nickles supposed to wear?
(a) A mask depicting evil and hatred.
(b) A mask depicting discontent and hatred.
(c) A mask depicting smirking and disgust.
(d) A mask depicting laughter and disgust.
4. The name "Zuss" resembles what god from Ancient Greece?
5. At the end of the Prologue, what holiday is J.B. shown at?
(a) Fourth of July.
Short Answer Questions
1. J.B. says that when he was a kid, the light of ______ was the light of God.
2. J.B.'s song at the end of Scene 1represents what?
3. Once Nickles and Zuss have their masks on, where do they quote lines from?
4. Mr. Nickles and Mr. Zuss, in the Prologue, describe the stage as what?
5. Who says "The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away," after all the children are dead?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)