|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 3, 4, 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Existentialism says that the sum total of existence is what human beings _______.
2. J.B.'s song at the end of Scene 1represents what?
(a) The mood of the play.
(b) The theme of the play.
(c) The motive of the play.
(d) The tone of the play.
3. J.B. sings a song that says, "To be, become, and end are all _____."
4. When J.B. makes a reference to Sarah's love of flowers, he is referring to what?
(a) Their possessions.
(b) Their children.
(c) Their blessings.
(d) Their family.
5. Nickles says that the real reason for suffering is to learn that everything ends in what?
(a) Death and emptiness.
(b) Death and dirt.
(c) Death and sorrow.
(d) Death and pity.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nickles want to do when he climbs down the ladder?
2. Sarah says that if they forget God, God will do what?
3. J.B. says that Sarah "thinks you can choose among your _____: well you don't, you love the lot of them."
4. In the Prologue, man is compared to a wingless, sightless insect that does what?
5. Nickles says that J.B. would play his role differently if he were what?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)