|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 3, 4, 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Sarah and J.B.'s son who is off at war?
2. Nickles says that the real reason for suffering is to learn that everything ends in what?
(a) Death and sorrow.
(b) Death and dirt.
(c) Death and emptiness.
(d) Death and pity.
3. Existentialism says that the sum total of existence is what human beings _______.
4. What is J.B. and Sarah's daughter holding in her fist when she is found?
(a) A toy umbrella.
(b) A toy tea pot.
(c) A stuffed animal.
(d) A toy doll.
5. Existentialism is a philosophical movement of what century?
Short Answer Questions
1. What word characterizes Zuss' and Nickles' thoughts about J.B.'s acting abilities?
2. The name "Zuss" resembles what god from Ancient Greece?
3. How long is J.B.'s grace at the meal in Scene 1?
4. The argument of the play is that the only way to live and transcend suffering is through what?
5. After Sarah sings her song, the children ask J.B. to do what?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)