|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 3, 4, 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does it take for J.B. and Sarah to call the police about their missing daughter?
(a) Nine hours.
(b) Six hours.
(c) Seven hours.
(d) Eight hours.
2. Before Zuss can shout out his faith in J.B.'s faith, Nickles asks him what question?
(a) Why J.B. has to die.
(b) Why J.B. has to suffer.
(c) Why J.B. has to experience pain.
(d) Why J.B. has to have faith.
3. J.B. refers to the regularity of morning and spring to show that God can be what?
(b) Counted upon.
4. At the beginning of Scene 2, what do Zuss and Nickles remove?
(a) Their masks.
(b) Their belts.
(c) Their costumes.
(d) Their uniforms.
5. The argument of the play is that the only way to live and transcend suffering is through what?
(a) Belief that there is a God and a divine plan.
(b) Faith and trust in God an his divine plan.
(c) Prayer and obedience to God.
(d) Faith in human beings.
Short Answer Questions
1. The soldier mentions doing the best they could for David, but says that they didn't have the right length of _________.
2. Who is the Distant Voice meant to represent?
3. How many children do J.B. and Sarah have?
4. Existentialism is a philosophical movement of what century?
5. In the story of Job, Satan bets God that if God were to curse Job, Job would do what?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)