|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 3, 4, 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the Prologue, man is compared to a wingless, sightless insect that does what?
(a) Lands and gets run over by a car.
(b) Gets squashed by the boot of someone larger.
(c) Slams itself into a windshield.
(d) Bangs itself against a window pane.
2. Where is the Prologue set?
(a) In a circus tent.
(b) At a concessions stand.
(c) In a football stadium.
(d) At a ball game.
3. Whose story do Mr. Nickles and Mr. Zuss portray on the stage?
4. What is Sarah arranging on the table when she and J.B. notice two drunk soldiers across the street?
(a) Place settings.
5. What book of the Old Testament are Zuss and Nickles basing their lines on at the end of Scene 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Zuss and Nickles are arguing about the role of suffering in J.B.'s life, they are ______ to the story of Job in the Bible.
2. Nickles says that the real reason for suffering is to learn that everything ends in what?
3. Sarah represents what side of belief in God?
4. When Zuss and Nickles put their masks on at the end of Scene 2, what do they recite?
5. What does the First Messenger do when the Second Messenger tells J.B. and Sarah that their children are dead because of a drunk driver?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)