|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scenes 3, 4, 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Zuss and Nickles holding while they watch Sarah and J.B. realize their son is dead?
(d) Their masks.
2. J.B. refers to the regularity of morning and spring to show that God can be what?
(b) Counted upon.
3. When the lights fade at the end of Scene 1, what shadows are left on the ceiling of the tent?
(a) The shadows of death and destruction.
(b) The shadows of the God-mask and Satan-mask.
(c) The shadows of God and Satan.
(d) The shadows of Mr. Zuss and Mr. Nickles.
4. At the end of Scene 2, after Zuss and Nickles quote lines, the lights change and the audience is taken where?
(a) Back to the dining room table.
(b) To a church.
(c) To a funeral.
(d) To the scene of an accident.
5. Who says "The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away," after all the children are dead?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the story of Job found?
2. How does Mr. Nickles describe Job's situation?
3. To Zuss and Nickles, J.B. is playing a role in deciding the argument between what two entities?
4. Why do J.B. and Sarah wait to call the police?
5. J.B. represents what side of belief in God?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)