|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When J.B. and Sarah are arguing over whether God's blessings are earned or simply given, what happens to interrupt them?
(a) One child asks for the wishbone.
(b) One child asks Sarah to put him to bed.
(c) One child becomes sick.
(d) One child asks for a story.
2. Sarah sings a song to the children that wonders what?
(a) Where the sun goes when it goes down.
(b) Where wishes go once they are wished.
(c) Where prayers go when they are made.
(d) Where the days go when they're over.
3. The lesson of the allegory that this play represents is that we can face whatever happens with acceptance and grace. Which character represents this viewpoint?
4. At the end of the Prologue, what holiday is J.B. shown at?
(d) Fourth of July.
5. When Zuss and Nickles are arguing about the role of suffering in J.B.'s life, they are ______ to the story of Job in the Bible.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Mr. Nickles and Mr. Zuss step onto the stage, who is Mr. Zuss going to play?
2. When Mr. Zuss says that the world is a great place, what does Mr. Nickles say it is?
3. J.B.'s song at the end of Scene 1represents what?
4. When Nickles and Zuss are saying their lines, who says God's first line?
5. Nickles says that the real reason for suffering is to learn that everything ends in what?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)