|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the writer uses words that begin with the same sound to get the attention of the reader, it is called what?
2. What does Sarah want the children, at dinner, to do more thoroughly?
(a) Thank God.
(b) Praise God.
(c) Fear God.
(d) Love God.
3. Where is the story of Job found?
(a) In the Old Testament.
(b) In the New Testament.
(c) In the Apocrapha.
(d) In the Pentateuch.
4. At the beginning of Scene 2, what do Zuss and Nickles remove?
(a) Their costumes.
(b) Their belts.
(c) Their uniforms.
(d) Their masks.
5. When Mr. Zuss says that the world is a great place, what does Mr. Nickles say it is?
(a) A garbage dump.
(b) A trash pile.
(c) A waste land.
(d) A dung-heap.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Sarah believe that blessings come from?
2. J.B. says that Sarah "thinks you can choose among your _____: well you don't, you love the lot of them."
3. The lesson of the allegory that this play represents is that we can face whatever happens with acceptance and grace. Which character represents this viewpoint?
4. When Mr. Zuss climbs the ladder, what kind of mask does he find?
5. The name "Zuss" resembles what god from Ancient Greece?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)