|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does existentialism say about God?
(a) God doesn't make anything happen to mankind.
(b) God makes bad things happen.
(c) God indulges in making mankind suffer.
(d) There is no God.
2. What kind of mask is Mr. Nickles supposed to wear?
(a) A mask depicting laughter and disgust.
(b) A mask depicting discontent and hatred.
(c) A mask depicting smirking and disgust.
(d) A mask depicting evil and hatred.
3. In the story of Job, Satan bets God that if God were to curse Job, Job would do what?
(a) Curse God.
(b) Praise Satan.
(c) Pray to God.
(d) Pray to Satan.
4. The name "Zuss" resembles what god from Ancient Greece?
5. What word characterizes Zuss' and Nickles' thoughts about J.B.'s acting abilities?
Short Answer Questions
1. The argument of the play is that the only way to live and transcend suffering is through what?
2. How many meanings does an allegorical story have?
3. Zuss wonders if J.B. knows that he is a(n) ______ in the story.
4. Mr. Nickles and Mr. Zuss, in the Prologue, describe the stage as what?
5. J.B. represents what side of belief in God?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)