|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Nickles says that the real reason for suffering is to learn that everything ends in what?
(a) Death and dirt.
(b) Death and sorrow.
(c) Death and pity.
(d) Death and emptiness.
2. After Sarah sings her song, the children ask J.B. to do what?
(a) Sing the same song.
(b) Put the train together.
(c) Play the piano.
(d) Sing a different song.
3. This play, and the story of Job, are allegories for what?
(a) The human experience of suffering.
(b) The human experience of existentialism.
(c) The human experience in relation with God.
(d) The human experience and philosophy.
4. What does Sarah want the children, at dinner, to do more thoroughly?
(a) Thank God.
(b) Love God.
(c) Fear God.
(d) Praise God.
5. Existentialism says that life is mainly full of what?
Short Answer Questions
1. J.B. refers to the regularity of morning and spring to show that God can be what?
2. There are two traditional aspects of man's relationship with God as portrayed in the story. The first is ______ in God's love.
3. Where is the Prologue set?
4. The argument of the play is that the only way to live and transcend suffering is through what?
5. When Mr. Zuss climbs the ladder, what kind of mask does he find?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)