|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To Zuss and Nickles, J.B. is playing a role in deciding the argument between what two entities?
(a) Good and evil.
(b) Fear and faith.
(c) God and Satan.
(d) Praise and thanks.
2. In the Prologue, man is compared to a wingless, sightless insect that does what?
(a) Bangs itself against a window pane.
(b) Slams itself into a windshield.
(c) Lands and gets run over by a car.
(d) Gets squashed by the boot of someone larger.
3. What does Sarah want the children, at dinner, to do more thoroughly?
(a) Praise God.
(b) Thank God.
(c) Love God.
(d) Fear God.
4. When Zuss and Nickles are arguing about the role of suffering in J.B.'s life, they are ______ to the story of Job in the Bible.
5. After Sarah sings her song, the children ask J.B. to do what?
(a) Sing the same song.
(b) Put the train together.
(c) Sing a different song.
(d) Play the piano.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Mr. Zuss, why does Job not have a right to question God?
2. At the end of Scene 2, after Zuss and Nickles quote lines, the lights change and the audience is taken where?
3. Mr. Nickles and Mr. Zuss, in the Prologue, say that the audience is what?
4. When Nickles and Zuss are saying their lines, who says God's first line?
5. Existentialism says that the sum total of existence is what human beings _______.
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)