|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Existentialism says that the sum total of existence is what human beings _______.
2. What does Sarah want the children, at dinner, to do more thoroughly?
(a) Fear God.
(b) Love God.
(c) Thank God.
(d) Praise God.
3. Mr. Nickles and Mr. Zuss, in the Prologue, say that the audience is what?
(a) At rest.
(c) The ocean.
4. When Zuss and Nickles are arguing about the role of suffering in J.B.'s life, they are ______ to the story of Job in the Bible.
5. What book of the Old Testament are Zuss and Nickles basing their lines on at the end of Scene 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. The second traditional aspect of man's relationship with God is fear of His _________.
2. Sarah represents what side of belief in God?
3. Who is the Distant Voice meant to represent?
4. The scene between the family shows the _____ between J.B. and Sarah about their beliefs.
5. What is the modern day religion closest to existentialism?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)