|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sarah says that you cannot take God's blessings as a gift, but that God is owed _______ in return.
2. The name "Zuss" resembles what god from Ancient Greece?
3. There are two traditional aspects of man's relationship with God as portrayed in the story. The first is ______ in God's love.
4. Mr. Nickles and Mr. Zuss, in the Prologue, say that the audience is what?
(a) The ocean.
(d) At rest.
5. When the lights fade at the end of Scene 1, what shadows are left on the ceiling of the tent?
(a) The shadows of the God-mask and Satan-mask.
(b) The shadows of Mr. Zuss and Mr. Nickles.
(c) The shadows of God and Satan.
(d) The shadows of death and destruction.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sarah want the children, at dinner, to do more thoroughly?
2. Mr. Nickles and Mr. Zuss, in the Prologue, describe the stage as what?
3. Who is the Distant Voice meant to represent?
4. Once Nickles and Zuss have their masks on, where do they quote lines from?
5. After Sarah sings her song, the children ask J.B. to do what?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)