|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the lights fade at the end of Scene 1, what shadows are left on the ceiling of the tent?
(a) The shadows of God and Satan.
(b) The shadows of the God-mask and Satan-mask.
(c) The shadows of death and destruction.
(d) The shadows of Mr. Zuss and Mr. Nickles.
2. When J.B. makes a reference to Sarah's love of flowers, he is referring to what?
(a) Their possessions.
(b) Their children.
(c) Their blessings.
(d) Their family.
3. What does Sarah want the children, at dinner, to do more thoroughly?
(a) Love God.
(b) Praise God.
(c) Thank God.
(d) Fear God.
4. According to Mr. Zuss, why does Job not have a right to question God?
(a) Because God is the Creator.
(b) Because God is God.
(c) Because he's only a man.
(d) Because he wasn't worthy.
5. At the end of the Prologue, what holiday is J.B. shown at?
(c) Fourth of July.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose story do Mr. Nickles and Mr. Zuss portray on the stage?
2. The text of the play is written in what?
3. J.B. refers to the regularity of morning and spring to show that God can be what?
4. What does Mr. Zuss sell?
5. Sarah says that you cannot take God's blessings as a gift, but that God is owed _______ in return.
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)