|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the lights fade at the end of Scene 1, what shadows are left on the ceiling of the tent?
(a) The shadows of God and Satan.
(b) The shadows of the God-mask and Satan-mask.
(c) The shadows of death and destruction.
(d) The shadows of Mr. Zuss and Mr. Nickles.
2. What does Mr. Zuss sell?
3. J.B. refers to the regularity of morning and spring to show that God can be what?
(d) Counted upon.
4. When J.B. and Sarah are arguing over whether God's blessings are earned or simply given, what happens to interrupt them?
(a) One child becomes sick.
(b) One child asks for the wishbone.
(c) One child asks for a story.
(d) One child asks Sarah to put him to bed.
5. There are two traditional aspects of man's relationship with God as portrayed in the story. The first is ______ in God's love.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the Prologue set?
2. Allegory is a form of extended ______.
3. Where does Sarah believe that blessings come from?
4. How long is J.B.'s grace at the meal in Scene 1?
5. J.B. says that when he was a kid, the light of ______ was the light of God.
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)