|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Sarah believe that blessings come from?
(d) The Church.
2. The scene between the family shows the _____ between J.B. and Sarah about their beliefs.
3. When the lights fade at the end of Scene 1, what shadows are left on the ceiling of the tent?
(a) The shadows of Mr. Zuss and Mr. Nickles.
(b) The shadows of death and destruction.
(c) The shadows of the God-mask and Satan-mask.
(d) The shadows of God and Satan.
4. When Mr. Zuss says that the world is a great place, what does Mr. Nickles say it is?
(a) A garbage dump.
(b) A waste land.
(c) A dung-heap.
(d) A trash pile.
5. According to Mr. Zuss, why does Job not have a right to question God?
(a) Because he's only a man.
(b) Because he wasn't worthy.
(c) Because God is God.
(d) Because God is the Creator.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mr. Nickles and Mr. Zuss, in the Prologue, describe the stage as what?
2. What color are the uniforms of the concession vendors?
3. In the Prologue, man is compared to a wingless, sightless insect that does what?
4. The text of the play is written in what?
5. What kind of mask is Mr. Nickles supposed to wear?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)