|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the Prologue, man is compared to a wingless, sightless insect that does what?
(a) Slams itself into a windshield.
(b) Lands and gets run over by a car.
(c) Bangs itself against a window pane.
(d) Gets squashed by the boot of someone larger.
2. J.B. refers to the regularity of morning and spring to show that God can be what?
(c) Counted upon.
3. Some people say that J.B. is lucky, but J.B. attributes his "luck" to what?
(a) God's blessings.
(b) God's acts.
(c) God's thanks.
(d) God's knowledge.
4. Allegory is a form of extended ______.
5. Where is the story of Job found?
(a) In the Apocrapha.
(b) In the Old Testament.
(c) In the New Testament.
(d) In the Pentateuch.
Short Answer Questions
1. When J.B. and Sarah are arguing over whether God's blessings are earned or simply given, what happens to interrupt them?
2. When Nickles and Zuss are saying their lines, who says God's first line?
3. When Mr. Zuss says that the world is a great place, what does Mr. Nickles say it is?
4. Mr. Nickles and Mr. Zuss, in the Prologue, describe the stage as what?
5. Where is the Prologue set?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)