|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many maids wait near the table that J.B. and his family are sitting at?
2. Who is the Distant Voice meant to represent?
(a) The angels.
3. When J.B. and Sarah are arguing over whether God's blessings are earned or simply given, what happens to interrupt them?
(a) One child asks for a story.
(b) One child becomes sick.
(c) One child asks for the wishbone.
(d) One child asks Sarah to put him to bed.
4. In the Prologue, man is compared to a wingless, sightless insect that does what?
(a) Bangs itself against a window pane.
(b) Lands and gets run over by a car.
(c) Gets squashed by the boot of someone larger.
(d) Slams itself into a windshield.
5. Sarah says that if they forget God, God will do what?
(a) Leave them.
(b) Forget them.
(c) Make them suffer.
(d) Remove his blessings.
Short Answer Questions
1. When J.B. makes a reference to Sarah's love of flowers, he is referring to what?
2. What does Mr. Zuss sell?
3. Some people say that J.B. is lucky, but J.B. attributes his "luck" to what?
4. J.B. refers to the regularity of morning and spring to show that God can be what?
5. The scene between the family shows the _____ between J.B. and Sarah about their beliefs.
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)