|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The quote, "His will, our peace," comes from what book?
(a) The Confessions.
(b) The Letters to the Romans.
(c) The Inferno.
(d) The Divine Mystery.
2. Sarah tells them that David's ______ are probably much dirtier than theirs.
3. When the lights fade at the end of Scene 1, what shadows are left on the ceiling of the tent?
(a) The shadows of Mr. Zuss and Mr. Nickles.
(b) The shadows of God and Satan.
(c) The shadows of the God-mask and Satan-mask.
(d) The shadows of death and destruction.
4. J.B. says that Sarah "thinks you can choose among your _____: well you don't, you love the lot of them."
5. Right before the Distant Voice quotes God's lines from the Bible, what problem is Nickles having with his mask?
(a) He cannot keep ahold of it.
(b) He cannot put it on.
(c) He cannot see through it.
(d) He cannot find it.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Zuss and Nickles put on their masks at the end of Scene 7, what is the emotion they feel towards the expanse of God and the depth of his knowledge?
2. Sarah sings a song to the children that wonders what?
3. The argument of the play is that the only way to live and transcend suffering is through what?
4. Nickles says that the show of power with the Distant Voice and the wind means what to a man who has lost everything?
5. What does Nickles want to do when he climbs down the ladder?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)