|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Nickles think that J.B. will not take his life back?
(a) Because he doesn't want his life back.
(b) Because that's not the way it works for him.
(c) Because he doesn't think he deserves it.
(d) Because he doesn't want to suffer again.
2. Allegory is a form of extended ______.
3. Nickles equates God's will not with _______, but with being ruled and submission.
4. Bildad says that justice will come when?
(a) At the end of the earth.
(b) When it comes.
(c) At the end of time.
(d) In the lifetime of one man.
5. J.B., even though he is covered with sores, says that God only punishes if he has what?
(a) Knowledge of the truth.
(b) A reason.
(c) Reward in the end.
(d) Weighing the consequences.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do J.B. and Sarah wait to call the police?
2. What does Nickles want to do when he climbs down the ladder?
3. Scene 7 echoes the scene in the biblical story of Job, in which God points out that Job has done exactly as he _______.
4. The Messengers bring Sarah into the house, dirty and bruised. Where has she been?
5. Nickles and Zuss are what type of characters?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)