|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mr. Nickles and Mr. Zuss, in the Prologue, describe the stage as what?
(a) On the ground.
(d) In the sky.
2. When Nickles and Zuss are saying their lines, who says God's first line?
(a) An audience member.
(b) Another actor.
(d) A Distant Voice.
3. The women describe Zophar, Eliphaz, and Bildad as people who feed on what?
(a) The misery of others.
(b) The misfortunes of others.
(c) The sorrows of others.
(d) The luck of others.
4. After arguing about the value of suffering, what does Nickles challenge Zuss to do?
(a) Change his point of view.
(b) See things from the other side.
(c) Convince Sarah of his point of view.
(d) Put on his mask.
5. When J.B. and Sarah are arguing over whether God's blessings are earned or simply given, what happens to interrupt them?
(a) One child becomes sick.
(b) One child asks Sarah to put him to bed.
(c) One child asks for a story.
(d) One child asks for the wishbone.
Short Answer Questions
1. J.B. sings a song that says, "To be, become, and end are all _____."
2. J.B.'s song at the end of Scene 1represents what?
3. Who is the Distant Voice meant to represent?
4. Nickles complains that God has done what, tumbling a whole city down to blister one man's skin with agony?
5. What do the women, in Scene 8, sit on around J.B. and Sarah?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)