|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. J.B.'s song at the end of Scene 1represents what?
(a) The motive of the play.
(b) The mood of the play.
(c) The theme of the play.
(d) The tone of the play.
2. Why does Zuss call for the lights in Scene 10?
(a) Another play has to start.
(b) The story is over.
(c) The epilogue has to begin.
(d) The story's not over.
3. When Nickles goes to J.B., how does he describe himself?
(a) A doctor.
(b) Professional counsel.
4. Why does Nickles think that J.B. will not take his life back?
(a) Because that's not the way it works for him.
(b) Because he doesn't want his life back.
(c) Because he doesn't think he deserves it.
(d) Because he doesn't want to suffer again.
5. Who is the Distant Voice meant to represent?
(a) The angels.
Short Answer Questions
1. J.B. doesn't believe that God will give him everything back, but then he notices what?
2. After arguing about the value of suffering, what does Nickles challenge Zuss to do?
3. Nickles climbs up the ladder at the end of Scene 8 and calls God by what name?
4. The quote, "His will, our peace" comes from what author?
5. What does Sarah think the two soldiers have for her and J.B.?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)