|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the story of Job found?
(a) In the Apocrapha.
(b) In the Pentateuch.
(c) In the New Testament.
(d) In the Old Testament.
2. What word characterizes Zuss' and Nickles' thoughts about J.B.'s acting abilities?
3. Why does Nickles think that J.B. will not take his life back?
(a) Because he doesn't want his life back.
(b) Because he doesn't want to suffer again.
(c) Because that's not the way it works for him.
(d) Because he doesn't think he deserves it.
4. According to Mr. Zuss, why does Job not have a right to question God?
(a) Because God is the Creator.
(b) Because he wasn't worthy.
(c) Because he's only a man.
(d) Because God is God.
5. The four women and young girl who appear function as what type of character that is often seen in Ancient Greek theater?
(a) A side-actor.
(b) An observer.
(c) A narrator.
(d) A chorus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Eliphaz says that guilt is what?
2. Why does Zuss call for the lights in Scene 10?
3. J.B. represents what side of belief in God?
4. The lesson of the allegory that this play represents is that we can face whatever happens with acceptance and grace. Which character represents this viewpoint?
5. How many children do J.B. and Sarah have?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)