|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The text of the play is written in what?
(a) Tetromic pentameter.
(b) Trochaic iameter.
(c) Blank verse.
(d) Choric verse.
2. At the end of Scene 2, after Zuss and Nickles quote lines, the lights change and the audience is taken where?
(a) Back to the dining room table.
(b) To the scene of an accident.
(c) To a church.
(d) To a funeral.
3. Sarah lives her life indulging in blaming rage and what?
(a) Fearful obedience.
(b) Faithful obedience.
(c) Fearless blessings.
(d) Fearful gratitude.
4. What word characterizes Zuss' and Nickles' thoughts about J.B.'s acting abilities?
5. Nickles says that J.B. would play his role differently if he were what?
Short Answer Questions
1. When the lights fade at the end of Scene 1, what shadows are left on the ceiling of the tent?
2. J.B. says that Sarah "thinks you can choose among your _____: well you don't, you love the lot of them."
3. What does Mr. Nickles sell?
4. The lesson of the allegory that this play represents is that we can face whatever happens with acceptance and grace. Which character represents this viewpoint?
5. According to the allegory this play represents, human life is lived according to what?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)