|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mr. Nickles and Mr. Zuss, in the Prologue, describe the stage as what?
(b) In the sky.
(c) On the ground.
2. The lesson of the allegory that this play represents is that we can face whatever happens with acceptance and grace. Which character represents this viewpoint?
3. Sarah says that you cannot take God's blessings as a gift, but that God is owed _______ in return.
4. How many meanings does an allegorical story have?
5. When the lights fade at the end of Scene 1, what shadows are left on the ceiling of the tent?
(a) The shadows of the God-mask and Satan-mask.
(b) The shadows of Mr. Zuss and Mr. Nickles.
(c) The shadows of God and Satan.
(d) The shadows of death and destruction.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sarah want the children, at dinner, to do more thoroughly?
2. Nickles says that J.B. would play his role differently if he were what?
3. When the writer uses words that begin with the same sound to get the attention of the reader, it is called what?
4. According to Mr. Zuss, why does Job not have a right to question God?
5. At the beginning of Scene 2, what do Zuss and Nickles remove?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)