|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the Prologue, man is compared to a wingless, sightless insect that does what?
(a) Slams itself into a windshield.
(b) Bangs itself against a window pane.
(c) Gets squashed by the boot of someone larger.
(d) Lands and gets run over by a car.
2. When Mr. Zuss says that the world is a great place, what does Mr. Nickles say it is?
(a) A waste land.
(b) A garbage dump.
(c) A dung-heap.
(d) A trash pile.
3. Sarah says that if they forget God, God will do what?
(a) Remove his blessings.
(b) Make them suffer.
(c) Forget them.
(d) Leave them.
4. Sarah says that you cannot take God's blessings as a gift, but that God is owed _______ in return.
5. Before Zuss can shout out his faith in J.B.'s faith, Nickles asks him what question?
(a) Why J.B. has to suffer.
(b) Why J.B. has to experience pain.
(c) Why J.B. has to die.
(d) Why J.B. has to have faith.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Zuss sell?
2. When Zuss and Nickles are arguing about the role of suffering in J.B.'s life, they are ______ to the story of Job in the Bible.
3. Zuss says that ______ will enable J.B. to see God more clearly.
4. What book of the Old Testament are Zuss and Nickles basing their lines on at the end of Scene 2?
5. The lesson of the allegory that this play represents is that we can face whatever happens with acceptance and grace. Which character represents this viewpoint?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)