|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Allegory is a form of extended ______.
2. What does Mr. Nickles sell?
(b) Ice cream.
3. This play, and the story of Job, are allegories for what?
(a) The human experience in relation with God.
(b) The human experience and philosophy.
(c) The human experience of existentialism.
(d) The human experience of suffering.
4. After Sarah sings her song, the children ask J.B. to do what?
(a) Sing the same song.
(b) Sing a different song.
(c) Play the piano.
(d) Put the train together.
5. When the lights fade at the end of Scene 1, what shadows are left on the ceiling of the tent?
(a) The shadows of the God-mask and Satan-mask.
(b) The shadows of death and destruction.
(c) The shadows of God and Satan.
(d) The shadows of Mr. Zuss and Mr. Nickles.
Short Answer Questions
1. J.B. sings a song that says, "To be, become, and end are all _____."
2. What book of the Old Testament are Zuss and Nickles basing their lines on at the end of Scene 2?
3. When Mr. Nickles and Mr. Zuss step onto the stage, who is Mr. Zuss going to play?
4. J.B. represents what side of belief in God?
5. When Zuss and Nickles are arguing about the role of suffering in J.B.'s life, they are ______ to the story of Job in the Bible.
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)