|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the Distant Voice meant to represent?
(d) The angels.
2. When the lights fade at the end of Scene 1, what shadows are left on the ceiling of the tent?
(a) The shadows of God and Satan.
(b) The shadows of death and destruction.
(c) The shadows of the God-mask and Satan-mask.
(d) The shadows of Mr. Zuss and Mr. Nickles.
3. What does Sarah want the children, at dinner, to do more thoroughly?
(a) Love God.
(b) Praise God.
(c) Fear God.
(d) Thank God.
4. How many meanings does an allegorical story have?
5. What word characterizes Zuss' and Nickles' thoughts about J.B.'s acting abilities?
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Scene 2, after Zuss and Nickles quote lines, the lights change and the audience is taken where?
2. Mr. Nickles and Mr. Zuss, in the Prologue, say that the audience is what?
3. What does Mr. Zuss sell?
4. What kind of mask is Mr. Nickles supposed to wear?
5. Mr. Nickles and Mr. Zuss, in the Prologue, describe the stage as what?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)