|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The argument of the play is that the only way to live and transcend suffering is through what?
(a) Belief that there is a God and a divine plan.
(b) Faith in human beings.
(c) Prayer and obedience to God.
(d) Faith and trust in God an his divine plan.
2. Sarah says that you cannot take God's blessings as a gift, but that God is owed _______ in return.
3. When Nickles and Zuss are saying their lines, who says God's first line?
(b) An audience member.
(c) A Distant Voice.
(d) Another actor.
4. Zuss says that ______ will enable J.B. to see God more clearly.
5. When the lights fade at the end of Scene 1, what shadows are left on the ceiling of the tent?
(a) The shadows of God and Satan.
(b) The shadows of the God-mask and Satan-mask.
(c) The shadows of death and destruction.
(d) The shadows of Mr. Zuss and Mr. Nickles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Nickles says that J.B. would play his role differently if he were what?
2. Mr. Zuss says that evil is never ______.
3. What color are the uniforms of the concession vendors?
4. Where does Sarah believe that blessings come from?
5. Zuss wonders if J.B. knows that he is a(n) ______ in the story.
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)