|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sarah compares their children to J.B., saying that they both show gratitude the way a woman does what?
(a) Wears nice jewelry.
(b) Uses purses.
(c) Wears a nice pair of shoes.
(d) Wears a nice dress.
2. What book of the Old Testament are Zuss and Nickles basing their lines on at the end of Scene 2?
3. Once Nickles and Zuss have their masks on, where do they quote lines from?
(b) History books.
(c) Famous movies.
(d) The Bible.
4. When the lights fade at the end of Scene 1, what shadows are left on the ceiling of the tent?
(a) The shadows of Mr. Zuss and Mr. Nickles.
(b) The shadows of death and destruction.
(c) The shadows of the God-mask and Satan-mask.
(d) The shadows of God and Satan.
5. When Mr. Zuss climbs the ladder, what kind of mask does he find?
(a) Restful and glorious.
(b) Restful and angelic.
(c) Beautiful and powerful.
(d) Beautiful and peaceful.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the allegory this play represents, human life is lived according to what?
2. This play, and the story of Job, are allegories for what?
3. What does Mr. Zuss sell?
4. At the beginning of Scene 2, what do Zuss and Nickles remove?
5. Before Zuss can shout out his faith in J.B.'s faith, Nickles asks him what question?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)