|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Mr. Zuss climbs the ladder, what kind of mask does he find?
(a) Beautiful and powerful.
(b) Beautiful and peaceful.
(c) Restful and glorious.
(d) Restful and angelic.
2. Existentialism says that life is mainly full of what?
3. What does Mr. Nickles sell?
(b) Ice cream.
4. Mr. Nickles and Mr. Zuss, in the Prologue, say that the audience is what?
(a) At rest.
(d) The ocean.
5. Sarah sings a song to the children that wonders what?
(a) Where the days go when they're over.
(b) Where wishes go once they are wished.
(c) Where prayers go when they are made.
(d) Where the sun goes when it goes down.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of the Prologue, what holiday is J.B. shown at?
2. According to the allegory this play represents, human life is lived according to what?
3. How does Mr. Nickles describe Job's situation?
4. What word characterizes Zuss' and Nickles' thoughts about J.B.'s acting abilities?
5. Mr. Nickles and Mr. Zuss, in the Prologue, describe the stage as what?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)