|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When J.B. makes a reference to Sarah's love of flowers, he is referring to what?
(a) Their possessions.
(b) Their children.
(c) Their blessings.
(d) Their family.
2. Sarah says that you cannot take God's blessings as a gift, but that God is owed _______ in return.
3. What does existentialism say about God?
(a) God doesn't make anything happen to mankind.
(b) God indulges in making mankind suffer.
(c) There is no God.
(d) God makes bad things happen.
4. Sarah says that if they forget God, God will do what?
(a) Forget them.
(b) Leave them.
(c) Remove his blessings.
(d) Make them suffer.
5. Nickles says that the real reason for suffering is to learn that everything ends in what?
(a) Death and emptiness.
(b) Death and dirt.
(c) Death and pity.
(d) Death and sorrow.
Short Answer Questions
1. J.B. refers to the regularity of morning and spring to show that God can be what?
2. This play, and the story of Job, are allegories for what?
3. When Sarah and J.B. invite the soldiers into the house, where do they go to sit and talk?
4. What are Zuss and Nickles holding while they watch Sarah and J.B. realize their son is dead?
5. What does Sarah think the two soldiers have for her and J.B.?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)