|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long is J.B.'s grace at the meal in Scene 1?
(a) Very brief.
(b) Long enough.
(d) Of moderate length.
2. What is J.B. and Sarah's daughter holding in her fist when she is found?
(a) A toy tea pot.
(b) A toy doll.
(c) A stuffed animal.
(d) A toy umbrella.
3. In Scene 7, who quotes God's lines from the Bible where he asks the devil to consider the perfection of Job's devotion?
(d) Distant Voice.
4. What kind of mask is Mr. Nickles supposed to wear?
(a) A mask depicting laughter and disgust.
(b) A mask depicting discontent and hatred.
(c) A mask depicting evil and hatred.
(d) A mask depicting smirking and disgust.
5. Sarah compares their children to J.B., saying that they both show gratitude the way a woman does what?
(a) Wears a nice dress.
(b) Uses purses.
(c) Wears a nice pair of shoes.
(d) Wears nice jewelry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the modern day religion closest to existentialism?
2. After coming down from their platform, how do Nickles and Zuss return to their platform?
3. According to the allegory this play represents, human life is lived according to what?
4. The quote, "His will, our peace," comes from what book?
5. Right before the Distant Voice quotes God's lines from the Bible, what problem is Nickles having with his mask?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)