|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the story of Job, Satan bets God that if God were to curse Job, Job would do what?
(a) Praise Satan.
(b) Pray to Satan.
(c) Pray to God.
(d) Curse God.
2. Right before the Distant Voice quotes God's lines from the Bible, what problem is Nickles having with his mask?
(a) He cannot find it.
(b) He cannot put it on.
(c) He cannot keep ahold of it.
(d) He cannot see through it.
3. What is J.B. and Sarah's daughter holding in her fist when she is found?
(a) A toy doll.
(b) A toy tea pot.
(c) A toy umbrella.
(d) A stuffed animal.
4. When J.B. and Sarah are arguing over whether God's blessings are earned or simply given, what happens to interrupt them?
(a) One child asks Sarah to put him to bed.
(b) One child asks for the wishbone.
(c) One child becomes sick.
(d) One child asks for a story.
5. Who declares that J.B. has done exactly as he hoped he would, and has affirmed his faith in God?
Short Answer Questions
1. Allegory is a form of extended ______.
2. The text of the play is written in what?
3. The final argument between Zuss and Nickles in Scene 7 mirrors an argument they have at the end of what scene?
4. What does Sarah want the children, at dinner, to do more thoroughly?
5. What is Sarah arranging on the table when she and J.B. notice two drunk soldiers across the street?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)