|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. J.B. represents what side of belief in God?
2. J.B.'s song at the end of Scene 1represents what?
(a) The motive of the play.
(b) The tone of the play.
(c) The theme of the play.
(d) The mood of the play.
3. Nickles equates God's will not with _______, but with being ruled and submission.
4. Sarah says that you cannot take God's blessings as a gift, but that God is owed _______ in return.
5. When Mr. Zuss says that the world is a great place, what does Mr. Nickles say it is?
(a) A waste land.
(b) A trash pile.
(c) A garbage dump.
(d) A dung-heap.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sarah says that if they forget God, God will do what?
2. Scene 7 echoes the scene in the biblical story of Job, in which God points out that Job has done exactly as he _______.
3. Why do J.B. and Sarah wait to call the police?
4. When Zuss and Nickles put on their masks at the end of Scene 7, what is the emotion they feel towards the expanse of God and the depth of his knowledge?
5. Nickles' being unable to find his mask represents the helplessness of humans when we are not able to use God for what?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)