|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the Distant Voice meant to represent?
(c) The angels.
2. After Sarah sings her song, the children ask J.B. to do what?
(a) Put the train together.
(b) Play the piano.
(c) Sing the same song.
(d) Sing a different song.
3. What is J.B. and Sarah's daughter holding in her fist when she is found?
(a) A toy tea pot.
(b) A stuffed animal.
(c) A toy umbrella.
(d) A toy doll.
4. Scene 7 echoes the scene in the biblical story of Job, in which God points out that Job has done exactly as he _______.
5. The lesson of the allegory that this play represents is that we can face whatever happens with acceptance and grace. Which character represents this viewpoint?
Short Answer Questions
1. Nickles' being unable to find his mask represents the helplessness of humans when we are not able to use God for what?
2. When Mr. Zuss climbs the ladder, what kind of mask does he find?
3. The Messengers bring Sarah into the house, dirty and bruised. Where has she been?
4. In Scene 7, who quotes God's lines from the Bible where he asks the devil to consider the perfection of Job's devotion?
5. At the beginning of Scene 2, what do Zuss and Nickles remove?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)