|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does J.B. apologize to Zophar, Eliphaz, and Bildad?
(a) For not having anything to offer them.
(b) For how he looks.
(c) For his faith.
(d) For not having a place for them to sit.
2. Nickles says that the real reason for suffering is to learn that everything ends in what?
(a) Death and sorrow.
(b) Death and emptiness.
(c) Death and pity.
(d) Death and dirt.
3. The final argument between Zuss and Nickles in Scene 7 mirrors an argument they have at the end of what scene?
(a) Scene 4.
(b) Scene 5.
(c) Scene 3.
(d) Scene 2.
4. Eliphaz says that choices are from where?
(a) Primal instincts.
(b) Societal knowledge.
(c) The subconscious.
(d) The conscious.
5. Zophar says that without guilt there can be no what?
Short Answer Questions
1. The Distant Voice asks J.B. why he thinks he is worthy to confront and _______ the creator of the universe.
2. One of the women watching J.B. says that she has had a dream about the queen of what country?
3. When Zuss and Nickles are arguing about the role of suffering in J.B.'s life, they are ______ to the story of Job in the Bible.
4. When Zuss and Nickles put on their masks at the end of Scene 7, what is the emotion they feel towards the expanse of God and the depth of his knowledge?
5. Who declares that J.B. has done exactly as he hoped he would, and has affirmed his faith in God?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)