|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Scene 9, what does J.B. accept?
(b) God's judgment.
(d) That he is a sinner.
2. J.B. shouts that he will not listen to Eliphaz's argument and then does what?
(a) Covers his ears.
(c) Gets on his knees.
(d) Covers his eyes.
3. Zophar says that without guilt there can be no what?
4. Scene 7 echoes the scene in the biblical story of Job, in which God points out that Job has done exactly as he _______.
5. At the end of Scene 2, after Zuss and Nickles quote lines, the lights change and the audience is taken where?
(a) Back to the dining room table.
(b) To a church.
(c) To a funeral.
(d) To the scene of an accident.
Short Answer Questions
1. Nickles' being unable to find his mask represents the helplessness of humans when we are not able to use God for what?
2. Existentialism is a philosophical movement of what century?
3. Zuss says that ______ will enable J.B. to see God more clearly.
4. Eliphaz says that choices are from where?
5. According to the allegory this play represents, human life is lived according to what?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)