|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The women describe Zophar, Eliphaz, and Bildad as people who feed on what?
(a) The misfortunes of others.
(b) The luck of others.
(c) The sorrows of others.
(d) The misery of others.
2. The Distant Voice asks J.B. why he thinks he is worthy to confront and _______ the creator of the universe.
(a) Plead with.
(b) Speak to.
3. What book of the Old Testament are Zuss and Nickles basing their lines on at the end of Scene 2?
4. Bildad says that justice will come when?
(a) At the end of the earth.
(b) At the end of time.
(c) When it comes.
(d) In the lifetime of one man.
5. Zophar, Eliphaz, and Bildad offer what type of answer to J.B.'s question about what he has done?
Short Answer Questions
1. The lesson of the allegory that this play represents is that we can face whatever happens with acceptance and grace. Which character represents this viewpoint?
2. At the end of Scene 2, after Zuss and Nickles quote lines, the lights change and the audience is taken where?
3. Right before the Distant Voice quotes God's lines from the Bible, what problem is Nickles having with his mask?
4. To Zuss and Nickles, J.B. is playing a role in deciding the argument between what two entities?
5. In Scene 7, who quotes God's lines from the Bible where he asks the devil to consider the perfection of Job's devotion?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)