|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Eliphaz says that choices are from where?
(a) Societal knowledge.
(b) The conscious.
(c) The subconscious.
(d) Primal instincts.
2. The quote, "His will, our peace," comes from what book?
(a) The Divine Mystery.
(b) The Inferno.
(c) The Confessions.
(d) The Letters to the Romans.
3. According to the allegory this play represents, human life is lived according to what?
(a) Man's pleasures.
(b) God's pleasures.
(c) God's will.
(d) Man's will.
4. Nickles equates God's will not with _______, but with being ruled and submission.
5. J.B. shouts that he will not listen to Eliphaz's argument and then does what?
(b) Gets on his knees.
(c) Covers his ears.
(d) Covers his eyes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Right before the Distant Voice quotes God's lines from the Bible, what problem is Nickles having with his mask?
2. Nickles' being unable to find his mask represents the helplessness of humans when we are not able to use God for what?
3. After Zuss and Nickles put on their masks in Scene 7, what is the name of the character who speaks of Job's integrity?
4. Eliphaz says that guilt is what?
5. The women describe Zophar, Eliphaz, and Bildad as people who feed on what?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)