|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The women describe Zophar, Eliphaz, and Bildad as people who feed on what?
(a) The misery of others.
(b) The misfortunes of others.
(c) The luck of others.
(d) The sorrows of others.
2. To Zuss and Nickles, J.B. is playing a role in deciding the argument between what two entities?
(a) Praise and thanks.
(b) Good and evil.
(c) Fear and faith.
(d) God and Satan.
3. Nickles says that J.B. would play his role differently if he were what?
4. Scene 7 echoes the scene in the biblical story of Job, in which God points out that Job has done exactly as he _______.
5. The argument of the play is that the only way to live and transcend suffering is through what?
(a) Belief that there is a God and a divine plan.
(b) Prayer and obedience to God.
(c) Faith and trust in God an his divine plan.
(d) Faith in human beings.
Short Answer Questions
1. Existentialism says that life is mainly full of what?
2. When Zuss and Nickles are able to put their masks on again in Scene 7, they become what?
3. Zuss wonders if J.B. knows that he is a(n) ______ in the story.
4. J.B. says that unless there is guilt, what has no meaning?
5. When Zuss and Nickles put their masks on at the end of Scene 2, what do they recite?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)