|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Distant Voice asks J.B. why he thinks he is worthy to confront and _______ the creator of the universe.
(c) Plead with.
(d) Speak to.
2. What is the modern day religion closest to existentialism?
3. Eliphaz says that choices are from where?
(a) The subconscious.
(b) Primal instincts.
(c) The conscious.
(d) Societal knowledge.
4. Existentialism says that the sum total of existence is what human beings _______.
5. The lesson of the allegory that this play represents is that we can face whatever happens with acceptance and grace. Which character represents this viewpoint?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Zuss and Nickles put on their masks at the end of Scene 7, what is the emotion they feel towards the expanse of God and the depth of his knowledge?
2. When Zuss and Nickles put their masks on at the end of Scene 2, what do they recite?
3. This play, and the story of Job, are allegories for what?
4. What does Bildad wear?
5. After Zuss and Nickles put on their masks in Scene 7, what is the name of the character who urges God to destroy J.B.'s body?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)