|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does existentialism say about God?
(a) God makes bad things happen.
(b) There is no God.
(c) God indulges in making mankind suffer.
(d) God doesn't make anything happen to mankind.
2. What makes Zuss and Nickles able to put on their masks again?
(a) They agree to help Sarah.
(b) They agree to stay out of J.B.'s life.
(c) They agree to finish the story they started.
(d) They agree to reverse everything that has happened.
3. In Scene 9, the Distant Voice speaks, accompanied by what?
(b) An angelic chorus.
(c) Rushing wind.
4. After arguing about the value of suffering, what does Nickles challenge Zuss to do?
(a) Change his point of view.
(b) Put on his mask.
(c) Convince Sarah of his point of view.
(d) See things from the other side.
5. What book of the Old Testament are Zuss and Nickles basing their lines on at the end of Scene 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. The final argument between Zuss and Nickles in Scene 7 mirrors an argument they have at the end of what scene?
2. Nickles equates God's will not with _______, but with being ruled and submission.
3. The quote, "His will, our peace" comes from what author?
4. Zuss says that ______ will enable J.B. to see God more clearly.
5. When Zuss and Nickles put on their masks at the end of Scene 7, what is the emotion they feel towards the expanse of God and the depth of his knowledge?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)