|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. This play, and the story of Job, are allegories for what?
(a) The human experience and philosophy.
(b) The human experience of existentialism.
(c) The human experience in relation with God.
(d) The human experience of suffering.
2. Zuss wonders if J.B. knows that he is a(n) ______ in the story.
(a) Minor character.
(d) Main character.
3. The lesson of the allegory that this play represents is that we can face whatever happens with acceptance and grace. Which character represents this viewpoint?
4. How does Nickles characterize Sarah and J.B.s experiences in the play, thus far?
(a) Indecent and immoral.
(b) Regressive and hateful.
(c) Ridiculous and spiteful.
(d) Disgusting and trite.
5. Existentialism says that life is mainly full of what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Existentialism is a philosophical movement of what century?
2. In Scene 7, who quotes God's lines from the Bible where he asks the devil to consider the perfection of Job's devotion?
3. Before Zuss can shout out his faith in J.B.'s faith, Nickles asks him what question?
4. The quote, "His will, our peace," comes from what book?
5. Eliphaz says that choices are from where?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)