|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The women describe Zophar, Eliphaz, and Bildad as people who feed on what?
(a) The misfortunes of others.
(b) The misery of others.
(c) The sorrows of others.
(d) The luck of others.
2. When Zuss and Nickles put their masks on at the end of Scene 2, what do they recite?
(a) Biblical commentary.
(b) Biblical verse.
(c) Biblical poetry.
(d) Biblical titles.
3. Nickles' being unable to find his mask represents the helplessness of humans when we are not able to use God for what?
(a) A healer.
(b) An excuse for our behavior.
(c) A comforter.
(d) A blame for events.
4. At the end of Scene 2, after Zuss and Nickles quote lines, the lights change and the audience is taken where?
(a) To a funeral.
(b) Back to the dining room table.
(c) To the scene of an accident.
(d) To a church.
5. After Zuss and Nickles put on their masks in Scene 7, what is the name of the character who urges God to destroy J.B.'s body?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Nickles characterize Sarah and J.B.s experiences in the play, thus far?
2. This play, and the story of Job, are allegories for what?
3. What book of the Old Testament are Zuss and Nickles basing their lines on at the end of Scene 2?
4. Why does J.B. apologize to Zophar, Eliphaz, and Bildad?
5. Nickles equates God's will not with _______, but with being ruled and submission.
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)