|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What book of the Old Testament are Zuss and Nickles basing their lines on at the end of Scene 2?
2. Nickles says that the real reason for suffering is to learn that everything ends in what?
(a) Death and pity.
(b) Death and sorrow.
(c) Death and dirt.
(d) Death and emptiness.
3. Nickles says that J.B. would play his role differently if he were what?
4. At the end of Scene 9, what does J.B. accept?
(c) God's judgment.
(d) That he is a sinner.
5. At the end of Scene 2, after Zuss and Nickles quote lines, the lights change and the audience is taken where?
(a) To the scene of an accident.
(b) Back to the dining room table.
(c) To a funeral.
(d) To a church.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Zuss and Nickles put on their masks in Scene 7, what is the name of the character who speaks of Job's integrity?
2. After arguing about the value of suffering, what does Nickles challenge Zuss to do?
3. According to the allegory this play represents, human life is lived according to what?
4. What word characterizes Zuss' and Nickles' thoughts about J.B.'s acting abilities?
5. When Zuss and Nickles put their masks on at the end of Scene 2, what do they recite?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)