|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The argument of the play is that the only way to live and transcend suffering is through what?
(a) Belief that there is a God and a divine plan.
(b) Prayer and obedience to God.
(c) Faith and trust in God an his divine plan.
(d) Faith in human beings.
2. At the end of Scene 2, after Zuss and Nickles quote lines, the lights change and the audience is taken where?
(a) Back to the dining room table.
(b) To a funeral.
(c) To the scene of an accident.
(d) To a church.
3. Scene 7 echoes the scene in the biblical story of Job, in which God points out that Job has done exactly as he _______.
4. When Zuss and Nickles put their masks on at the end of Scene 2, what do they recite?
(a) Biblical verse.
(b) Biblical poetry.
(c) Biblical titles.
(d) Biblical commentary.
5. Who says, "His will, our peace?"
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does J.B. apologize to Zophar, Eliphaz, and Bildad?
2. Zophar says that mankind has no what because they are born in sin?
3. J.B. shouts that he will not listen to Eliphaz's argument and then does what?
4. After Zuss and Nickles put on their masks in Scene 7, what is the name of the character who urges God to destroy J.B.'s body?
5. The Distant Voice asks J.B. why he thinks he is worthy to confront and _______ the creator of the universe.
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)