|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Nickles says that J.B. would play his role differently if he were what?
2. Right before the Distant Voice quotes God's lines from the Bible, what problem is Nickles having with his mask?
(a) He cannot find it.
(b) He cannot see through it.
(c) He cannot put it on.
(d) He cannot keep ahold of it.
3. How many aspects of human existence is this play an allegory about?
4. According to the allegory this play represents, human life is lived according to what?
(a) God's pleasures.
(b) Man's pleasures.
(c) Man's will.
(d) God's will.
5. One of the women watching J.B. says that she has had a dream about the queen of what country?
Short Answer Questions
1. J.B. says that unless there is guilt, what has no meaning?
2. When Zuss and Nickles are arguing about the role of suffering in J.B.'s life, they are ______ to the story of Job in the Bible.
3. J.B. shouts that he will not listen to Eliphaz's argument and then does what?
4. Sarah lives her life indulging in blaming rage and what?
5. Scene 7 echoes the scene in the biblical story of Job, in which God points out that Job has done exactly as he _______.
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)