|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The final argument between Zuss and Nickles in Scene 7 mirrors an argument they have at the end of what scene?
(a) Scene 2.
(b) Scene 3.
(c) Scene 4.
(d) Scene 5.
2. The Distant Voice asks J.B. why he thinks he is worthy to confront and _______ the creator of the universe.
(b) Plead with.
(c) Speak to.
3. To Zuss and Nickles, J.B. is playing a role in deciding the argument between what two entities?
(a) Good and evil.
(b) Praise and thanks.
(c) Fear and faith.
(d) God and Satan.
4. J.B. says that unless there is guilt, what has no meaning?
(b) The world.
5. Scene 7 echoes the scene in the biblical story of Job, in which God points out that Job has done exactly as he _______.
Short Answer Questions
1. Existentialism says that the sum total of existence is what human beings _______.
2. When the writer uses words that begin with the same sound to get the attention of the reader, it is called what?
3. Existentialism says that life is mainly full of what?
4. Existentialism is a philosophical movement of what century?
5. Nickles says that J.B. would play his role differently if he were what?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)