• The setting is a circus tent.
• Two elderly men, old actors, appear.
• One of the elderly men is Mr. Zuss, a balloon seller. The other is Mr. Nickles, a popcorn seller.
• They arrive at the foot of the stage and describe the setting: the stage is heaven, and the audience is earth.
• The two men bicker about who is selling the most merchandise and prepare to give a performance.
• Zuss and Nickles look around for the masks they are supposed to wear.
• Zuss is supposed to play God.
• Nickles suggests that God laughs at Job; God took his family, destroyed his livelihood, and abandoned him without any hope of Job learning why.
• Zuss says that Nickles isn't supposed to play Job in the play because there is always someone willing to be Job. Nickles is going to play Satan.
• Zuss and Nickles argue over the masks, and...
This section contains 3,405 words
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)