|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. During what season does Violet return the photo to Alice?
2. Why does Dorcas tell Joe she wants to break up with him?
3. How does Henry say one knows when Wild is near?
4. Where are Violet and her siblings living with their mother?
5. Who doesn't want an ambulance to be called after Joe shot Dorcas?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what Joe and Violet do together at night in Chapter 10.
2. Why doesn't Dorcas want anyone to call an ambulance for her after she is shot?
3. In Chapter Eight, what does Dorcas notice about Joe?
4. In Chapter 10, why does Joe get a new job? Does this help his relationship with Violet?
5. Describe the way Felice obtains the ring, as presented by the narrator in Chapter Nine.
6. Describe the relationship between True Belle and Golden Gray.
7. In Chapter Eight, why does the narrator say Dorcas is getting tired of Joe?
8. In Chapter 10, why do Joe and Violet often go to the roof? What do they do up there together?
9. Describe what Golden Gray sees in the forest as he approaches his father's cabin in Chapter Six.
10. How does the narrator describe Acton?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the significance of Golden Gray in Violet's life. How does it affect her childhood as well as her marriage with Joe?
Essay Topic 2
Felice has a strong attachment to the ring Dorcas is buried wearing. What does the ring signify, and why is it so important to Felice? What greater concepts are initiated in the story about the ring?
Essay Topic 3
What impact do you think Alice Manfred has on Dorcas? Do you think Dorcas is the same sort of person id she is not being raised by Alice? Why or why not?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)