|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What other girls are "after" Acton?
(a) No other girls desire Acton.
(b) Dorcas's best friend, Felice.
(c) A group of white girls.
(d) All of them.
2. How does Golden Gray become drunk?
(a) He and Honor are sharing a case of beer.
(b) Lestory's corn liquor.
(c) The pregnant woman spikes his drink.
(d) He brings his own wine.
3. Who does True Belle constantly describe to Violet?
(a) Golden Gray.
(b) Violet's mother.
(d) Her dead husband.
4. Why does Joe get a job at the speakeasy?
(a) So he remembers the times he spends with Dorcas.
(b) Because Felice is also working there.
(c) So he earns lots of extra tips.
(d) So he spends time with Violet in the afternoons.
5. How is Felice related to Dorcas?
(a) They are cousins.
(b) They are best friends.
(c) They are sisters.
(d) They never know each other.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the relationship between Felice, Joe, and Violet like after Dorcas's death?
2. Why does True Belle return to Vesper County?
3. Where are Violet and her siblings living with their mother?
4. What, in Dorcas's mind, is wrong with Joe?
5. What does Violet Felice carry as she climbs the stairs?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the relationship between True Belle and Golden Gray.
2. Why doesn't Dorcas want anyone to call an ambulance for her after she is shot?
3. Why do you think the ambulance takes such a long time to come help Dorcas? What excuses do they give?
4. Describe the way True Belle's grandchildren are living when she comes to care for them in Chapter Six.
5. In Chapter 10, why does Joe get a new job? Does this help his relationship with Violet?
6. Why does Dorcas break up with Joe?
7. What does Vera Louise's mother do when she finds out Vera Louise is pregnant?
8. What sorts of things to Joe and Violet do together once their relationship is renewed?
9. In Chapter 10, why do Joe and Violet often go to the roof? What do they do up there together?
10. Describe what Golden Gray sees in the forest as he approaches his father's cabin in Chapter Six.
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)