|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the ambulance arrive to help Dorcas?
(a) One hour after it is called.
(b) Several days after she dies.
(c) Five minutes after it is called.
(d) The morning after she is shot.
2. As Golden Gray approaches his father's house, what does he wish to do to his father?
(a) Threaten him with his gun.
(b) Kill him.
(c) Hug him and make amends.
(d) Fight him.
3. What does Lestory name the girl in his cabin?
4. Why does Malvonne gossip to both Joe and Violet near the end of the story?
(a) To tell them all of Dorcas's secrets.
(b) She wants to help them resolve their differences.
(c) To pretend she doesn't betray either of them.
(d) Because everyone is bored.
5. When does Dorcas say she reveals the true attacker?
(b) Right before she dies.
(c) In her next life.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money is True Belle's savings worth?
2. Who doesn't want an ambulance to be called after Joe shot Dorcas?
3. Where are Violet and her siblings living with their mother?
4. Why does Alice move back to Springfield?
5. How does True Belle know Vera Louise Gray is pregnant?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Vera Louise's father's reaction when he is told Vera Louise is pregnant.
2. In Chapter Eight, why does the narrator say Dorcas is getting tired of Joe?
3. Describe the birthing scene of the naked black girl in Chapter Seven.
4. What does Vera Louise's mother do when she finds out Vera Louise is pregnant?
5. Why do you think the ambulance takes such a long time to come help Dorcas? What excuses do they give?
6. Describe what Joe and Violet do together at night in Chapter 10.
7. What sorts of things to Joe and Violet do together once their relationship is renewed?
8. In Chapter Seven, why does Joe think Wild is his own mother?
9. Describe the way True Belle's grandchildren are living when she comes to care for them in Chapter Six.
10. Describe the way Felice obtains the ring, as presented by the narrator in Chapter Nine.
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)