|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Violet offer to do to Felice's hair?
(a) Curl it.
(b) Unbraid it.
(c) Wash it.
(d) Trim the ends.
2. What is Dorcas feeling as she is dancing with Acton?
(a) Completely happy.
3. What does Lestory find when he gets back to his cabin?
(a) His house is on fire.
(b) His posessions are stolen.
(c) Honor is washing blood off the girl's face.
(d) Golden Gray is passed out in the corner.
4. What does Felice say Dorcas likes having?
(a) Her own space.
(b) Lots of money and food.
(d) A true love.
5. What do Joe or Violet do after supper near the end of the story?
(a) Call their parents.
(b) Wash dishes.
(c) Play poker.
(d) Go for a walk.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Felice's mother end up stealing the ring?
2. When does the ambulance arrive to help Dorcas?
3. What does Joe find behind a hibiscus bush?
4. Why does True Belle return to Vesper County?
5. What sort of present does Acton buy Dorcas?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what Joe and Violet do together at night in Chapter 10.
2. Describe Vera Louise's father's reaction when he is told Vera Louise is pregnant.
3. Why doesn't Dorcas want anyone to call an ambulance for her after she is shot?
4. Describe what Golden Gray sees in the forest as he approaches his father's cabin in Chapter Six.
5. Describe the relationship between True Belle and Golden Gray.
6. How does the narrator describe Acton?
7. Describe what Violet sees when she first spots Felice in Chapter Nine.
8. Describe the way True Belle's grandchildren are living when she comes to care for them in Chapter Six.
9. In Chapter Eight, what does Dorcas notice about Joe?
10. Who are the only people who do not know that Vera Louise has a son with a black man?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)