|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the ambulance arrive to help Dorcas?
(a) Several days after she dies.
(b) Five minutes after it is called.
(c) The morning after she is shot.
(d) One hour after it is called.
2. How often does Felice see her parents growing up?
(a) Only on holidays.
(b) Once a year.
(c) Every day.
(d) Two or three days every two weeks.
3. What, in Dorcas's mind, is wrong with Joe?
(a) He has no sensitive side.
(b) He adores Dorcas, no matter what she does.
(c) He has no musical talent.
(d) He is cognitively impaired.
4. What does Acton do before seeking medical care for Dorcas?
(a) Runs after her attacker.
(b) Cleans the blood off his jacket.
(c) Drinks another beer.
(d) Kisses her.
5. Why does True Belle return to Vesper County?
(a) She is running from the law.
(b) Her husband dies.
(c) Her job takes her there.
(d) To care for her grandchildren.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does the ambulance staff give for their delayed arrival?
2. Who ends up calling an ambulance for Dorcas?
3. Why does Dorcas think she is falling at the party?
4. What do Joe and Violet take up on the roof with them?
5. Why does Felice's mother end up stealing the ring?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what Violet sees when she first spots Felice in Chapter Nine.
2. Describe the initial meeting between Golden Gray and his father in Chapter Seven.
3. In Chapter Seven, why does Joe think Wild is his own mother?
4. In Chapter Seven, what does Henry Lestory find when he gets back to his cabin?
5. Describe what Golden Gray sees in the forest as he approaches his father's cabin in Chapter Six.
6. In Chapter Nine, how does Felice describe Dorcas?
7. Describe the relationship between True Belle and Golden Gray.
8. Who are the only people who do not know that Vera Louise has a son with a black man?
9. Describe the way True Belle's grandchildren are living when she comes to care for them in Chapter Six.
10. Describe Acton's reaction to the shooting of Dorcas in Chapter Eight.
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)