|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Felice's ring so special to her?
(a) Her first husband buys it for her.
(b) It is the only thing of monetary value she owns.
(c) Her mother gives it to her.
(d) It symbolizes her friendship with Dorcas.
2. Who does Dorcas tell her friends attacks her?
(a) Her father.
(b) She does not tell them.
(d) Her brother.
3. Who tells Golden Gray where his father lives?
(a) True Belle.
(b) Rose Dear.
(c) The town gossip.
(d) Vera Louise.
4. What does Lestory say in response to Golden Gray?
(a) He falls down and faints.
(b) He doesn't know he has a child.
(c) He cries and embraces Golden Gray.
(d) He wants Golden Gray to leave his property as soon as possible.
5. Why does Joe want to find Dorcas again?
(a) So she is safe.
(b) So they are happy together again.
(c) So he can divorce Violet and run away.
(d) So he can tell her all about his childhood.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lestory find when he gets back to his cabin?
2. Who ends up calling an ambulance for Dorcas?
3. What does Golden Gray find in the trees near his father's home?
4. What does Violet offer to do to Felice's hair?
5. What sort of person does Dorcas want to be with?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter Seven, why does Joe think Wild is his own mother?
2. In Chapter Seven, how does Henry say you can always find Wild?
3. What happens to the cotton plantation thirteen years after Golden Gray confronts his father?
4. Who are the only people who do not know that Vera Louise has a son with a black man?
5. Describe what Golden Gray sees in the forest as he approaches his father's cabin in Chapter Six.
6. What sorts of things to Joe and Violet do together once their relationship is renewed?
7. Describe the way Dorcas is feeling at the party in the beginning of Chapter Eight.
8. How does the narrator describe Acton?
9. In Chapter 10, why do Joe and Violet often go to the roof? What do they do up there together?
10. Describe what Joe and Violet do together at night in Chapter 10.
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)