|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does True Belle sew to the hem of her dress?
(a) A one-dollar bill.
(b) A picture of her daughter.
(c) Her fine silver.
(d) Twenty-two years' wages.
2. How is Felice related to Dorcas?
(a) They never know each other.
(b) They are sisters.
(c) They are cousins.
(d) They are best friends.
3. What does Felice say Dorcas likes having?
(a) Lots of money and food.
(b) A true love.
(d) Her own space.
4. How much money is True Belle's savings worth?
(a) A pound of silver.
(b) Five hundred dollars.
(c) Ten golden eagle dollars.
(d) A boullion of gold.
5. What is the true reason Dorcas breaks up with Joe?
(a) She is ready to go to college.
(b) She feels intimidated by him.
(c) She has too much power over him.
(d) Her parents forbid her from seeing him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Dorcas think she is falling at the party?
2. What reason does the ambulance staff give for their delayed arrival?
3. Who does Dorcas tell her friends attacks her?
4. What does Joe find behind a hibiscus bush?
5. Why is Felice's ring so special to her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what Golden Gray sees in the forest as he approaches his father's cabin in Chapter Six.
2. Describe what Joe and Violet do together at night in Chapter 10.
3. In Chapter 10, why does Alice Manfred move back to Springfield? What do you think is the real reason she moves back to Springfield?
4. In Chapter Eight, what does Dorcas notice about Joe?
5. In Chapter Seven, why does Joe think Wild is his own mother?
6. How does the narrator describe Acton?
7. What is your understanding of the relationship between Joe, Violet, and Felice in Chapters Nine and Ten?
8. Describe Acton's reaction to the shooting of Dorcas in Chapter Eight.
9. In Chapter Seven, what does Henry Lestory find when he gets back to his cabin?
10. Describe the initial meeting between Golden Gray and his father in Chapter Seven.
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)