|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Joe want to find Dorcas again?
(a) So they are happy together again.
(b) So he can tell her all about his childhood.
(c) So he can divorce Violet and run away.
(d) So she is safe.
2. What reason does the ambulance staff give for their delayed arrival?
(a) They do not give a reason.
3. What does Joe find near the cooking fire?
(a) Knives and guns.
(b) A dress, a doll, and a cigar case.
(c) Flour, sugar, and water.
(d) Rope, wood, nails, and a hammer.
4. How is Felice related to Dorcas?
(a) They are sisters.
(b) They are cousins.
(c) They never know each other.
(d) They are best friends.
5. What day of the week does Violet invite Felice to dinner?
(a) The narrator does not tell us.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Golden Gray where his father lives?
2. How does the girl respond to the baby immediately after it is born?
3. What does Violet Felice carry as she climbs the stairs?
4. What does Golden Gray cover the woman's body with?
5. What does Lestory name the girl in his cabin?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter Nine, how does Felice describe Dorcas?
2. What happens to the cotton plantation thirteen years after Golden Gray confronts his father?
3. Describe what Joe and Violet do together at night in Chapter 10.
4. Describe the birthing scene of the naked black girl in Chapter Seven.
5. Describe the way Dorcas is feeling at the party in the beginning of Chapter Eight.
6. Describe what Golden Gray sees in the forest as he approaches his father's cabin in Chapter Six.
7. Describe Acton's reaction to the shooting of Dorcas in Chapter Eight.
8. In Chapter Seven, how does Henry say you can always find Wild?
9. In Chapter Nine, why does Felice come to visit Violet and Joe?
10. In Chapter 10, why does Joe get a new job? Does this help his relationship with Violet?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)