|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money is True Belle's savings worth?
(a) A pound of silver.
(b) A boullion of gold.
(c) Ten golden eagle dollars.
(d) Five hundred dollars.
2. What does Felice learn about the ring's location?
(a) It is sold to a local auction house.
(b) It is lost in the club where Dorcas is shot.
(c) Joe keeps the ring with him at all times.
(d) Dorcas is buried wearing the ring.
3. Why does Dorcas have to be careful about how she looks and acts around Acton?
(a) He has the power to make or break her career.
(b) He suspects she is not really in love with him.
(c) He moves on to another girl.
(d) He demoralizes her and hit her.
4. What does Felice's mother have to show in order for her to be able to go inside the store?
(a) Her driver's license.
(b) The amount of cash in her wallet.
(c) A picture of her employer.
(d) A note from a white person.
5. What does Lestory say in response to Golden Gray?
(a) He falls down and faints.
(b) He wants Golden Gray to leave his property as soon as possible.
(c) He doesn't know he has a child.
(d) He cries and embraces Golden Gray.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who ends up calling an ambulance for Dorcas?
2. Why does Joe want to find Dorcas again?
3. What do Joe or Violet do after supper near the end of the story?
4. As Golden Gray approaches his father's house, what does he wish to do to his father?
5. Why does Dorcas often sneak over to Felice's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Dorcas want anyone to call an ambulance for her after she is shot?
2. In Chapter Seven, how does Henry say you can always find Wild?
3. Describe what Golden Gray sees in the forest as he approaches his father's cabin in Chapter Six.
4. What is your understanding of the relationship between Joe, Violet, and Felice in Chapters Nine and Ten?
5. In Chapter Seven, why does Joe think Wild is his own mother?
6. Describe the way Felice obtains the ring, as presented by the narrator in Chapter Nine.
7. In Chapter Eight, why does the narrator say Dorcas is getting tired of Joe?
8. Why do you think the ambulance takes such a long time to come help Dorcas? What excuses do they give?
9. In Chapter Eight, what does Dorcas notice about Joe?
10. Describe the way Dorcas is feeling at the party in the beginning of Chapter Eight.
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)