|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the plantation thirteen years after Golden Gray meets his father?
(a) It becomes an orphanage for unwanted children.
(b) It is sold to Violet and Joe.
(c) It burns down.
(d) It is sold to commercial builders.
2. What does Golden Gray do before caring for the naked woman?
(a) He cooks a meal and eats it.
(b) He finds a doctor.
(c) He starts a fire and boils hot water for tea.
(d) He cares for his horses and changes clothes.
3. How is Felice related to Dorcas?
(a) They are best friends.
(b) They never know each other.
(c) They are sisters.
(d) They are cousins.
4. What is the name of the speakeasy where Joe gets a job?
(c) Easy Money.
5. What does the girl do to Lestory?
(a) Spits in his face.
(b) Bites his hand.
(c) Kisses him on the cheek.
(d) Kicks him in the shin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Violet Felice carry as she climbs the stairs?
2. What does Felice's mother have to show in order for her to be able to go inside the store?
3. Why does True Belle return to Vesper County?
4. Why does Dorcas think she is falling at the party?
5. What do Joe and Violet take up on the roof with them?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what Violet sees when she first spots Felice in Chapter Nine.
2. In Chapter Eight, why does the narrator say Dorcas is getting tired of Joe?
3. Describe Vera Louise's father's reaction when he is told Vera Louise is pregnant.
4. Describe the way Felice obtains the ring, as presented by the narrator in Chapter Nine.
5. Describe the relationship between True Belle and Golden Gray.
6. Describe the initial meeting between Golden Gray and his father in Chapter Seven.
7. What does Vera Louise's mother do when she finds out Vera Louise is pregnant?
8. Why doesn't Dorcas want anyone to call an ambulance for her after she is shot?
9. Why does Dorcas break up with Joe?
10. Describe what Golden Gray sees in the forest as he approaches his father's cabin in Chapter Six.
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)