|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does True Belle send Violet to Palestine?
(a) To get away from Joe.
(b) To pick cotton.
(c) Violet becomes pregnant.
(d) To go to beauty school.
2. What does Joe take with him to the park?
(a) His sample case of cosmetics.
(b) His walking cane.
(c) A sandwich and his gun.
(d) A picture of Dorcas.
3. What do Violet and Joe do all night the first time they meet?
4. Which of the following are in Violet's apartment?
(a) Piles of newspapers.
(b) Shotguns and cocaine.
(c) Birds and houseplants.
(d) Dogs and cats.
5. What is Joe selling when he meets Dorcas?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Violet see in Dorcas's picture?
2. Where does Violet put the picture of Dorcas?
3. How does Violet decide to get back at Joe?
4. What type of Dorcas's makeup does Violet find out about?
5. Where does Violet stop to have two malts?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the death of Dorcas's mother.
2. How does the narrator describe the scene in which Violet attacks Dorcas's body?
3. Why is Violet known as "Violent" Trace in town?
4. Describe Joe's recollection of the train ride to Maryland in Chapter Two.
5. Describe the first time Joe officially meets Dorcas.
6. In Chapter Five, what does Joe think of when he imagines Dorcas?
7. In Chapter Four, why does True Belle come to Virginia to care for her grandchildren?
8. Describe what Violet does with the picture of Dorcas in Chapter One.
9. In Chapter Four, how does the narrator describe the way Violet feels after she attacks Dorcas's body?
10. Describe the relationship between Violet and Alice as presented in Chapter Three.
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)