|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Alice protect Dorcas from?
(b) Seductive and violent music.
(d) Unhealthy habits.
2. What does Violet steal during one of her crazy episodes?
(a) A baby.
(d) A television.
3. What does Alice Manfred do for a living?
(a) She is a seamstress.
(b) Cooks in a nearby restaurant.
(c) Cleans wealthy people's homes.
(d) She is a nurse for a black doctor.
4. What does the green and yellow parrot repeat?
(a) "You're the best man I ever met".
(b) "I love you".
(c) "You're an angel".
(d) "Please help me".
5. Who does the best hunter choose to be his apprentices?
(a) Joe and his father.
(b) Joe and Victory.
(c) Golden Gray and Lestory.
(d) Joe and Dorcas.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joe think of when he imagines Dorcas?
2. What does Joe not recall from his early days with Violet?
3. What are the Civic Daughters planning when Joe delivers the cosmetics?
4. What type of Dorcas's makeup does Violet find out about?
5. What year does Joe and Violet move to the city?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the first time Joe officially meets Dorcas.
2. In Chapter One, how does the narrator describe Violet Trace?
3. In Chapter Nine, why does Felice come to visit Violet and Joe?
4. In Chapter Nine, how does Felice describe Dorcas?
5. How does the narrator describe Acton?
6. Describe the time Joe sees Dorcas for the very first time.
7. What is the story the narrator gives behind Joe's last name?
8. In Chapter Five, what does Joe think of when he imagines Dorcas?
9. In Chapter Two, recount the surprise that Malvonne finds behind her refrigerator and her response to it.
10. In Chapter Two, what reason does the narrator give for Joe killing Dorcas?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)