|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money is True Belle's savings worth?
(a) A pound of silver.
(b) Ten golden eagle dollars.
(c) A boullion of gold.
(d) Five hundred dollars.
2. What is Felice's response to Violet's invitation?
(a) She accepts.
(b) She says she never eats Violet's food.
(c) She hugs Violet.
(d) She ignores Violet.
3. How does True Belle know Vera Louise Gray is pregnant?
(a) True Belle does Vera Louise's laundry.
(b) She eavesdrops on Vera Louise's conversation.
(c) She reads Vera Louise's diary.
(d) She sees it in a dream.
4. Why does Dorcas often sneak over to Felice's house?
(a) To make private phone calls to Joe.
(b) To drink alcohol without anyone else knowing.
(c) To try on the lingerie Joe gives her.
(d) To write secret love notes to send to Joe.
5. What does Lestory name the girl in his cabin?
6. During what season does Violet return the photo to Alice?
7. How does the girl respond to the baby immediately after it is born?
(a) She refuses to hold it.
(b) She cries and nurses it.
(c) She holds it to her chest.
(d) She tries to smother it.
8. Where are Violet and her siblings living with their mother?
(a) In an old motel.
(b) In a treehouse.
(c) In an abandoned shack.
(d) In the basement of an occupied home.
9. Why do Felice and her mother go to Tiffany's?
(a) To create an uproar in the store.
(b) To run errands for a white lady.
(c) To show that they can buy expensive jewelry.
(d) They are bored.
10. What do Joe or Violet do after supper near the end of the story?
(a) Play poker.
(b) Call their parents.
(c) Go for a walk.
(d) Wash dishes.
11. Who tells Joe about Dorcas's last words?
(a) No one.
(c) Dorcas's mother.
12. As Golden Gray approaches his father's house, what does he wish to do to his father?
(a) Threaten him with his gun.
(b) Hug him and make amends.
(c) Kill him.
(d) Fight him.
13. What is inside Joe's sample case in Chapter Eight?
(a) Dorcas's clothespin dolls.
(b) Drugs and guns.
(c) A red handkerchief.
14. What, in Dorcas's mind, is wrong with Joe?
(a) He is cognitively impaired.
(b) He adores Dorcas, no matter what she does.
(c) He has no musical talent.
(d) He has no sensitive side.
15. Who wipes the blood from the woman's face?
(a) An unidentified character.
(b) Golden Gray.
(c) The woman wipes her own face.
(d) A young black boy caring for Lestory's stock.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Golden Gray cover the woman's body with?
2. Why does Dorcas tell Joe she wants to break up with him?
3. What does Felice compare Dorcas to?
4. What does Violet offer to do to Felice's hair?
5. How does Henry say one knows when Wild is near?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)