|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Felice's ring described?
(a) Silver and gold.
(b) Rhinestones and white gold.
(c) Turquoise and coral.
(d) Silver and black opal.
2. What does Lestory find when he gets back to his cabin?
(a) Honor is washing blood off the girl's face.
(b) His house is on fire.
(c) Golden Gray is passed out in the corner.
(d) His posessions are stolen.
3. What does Felice say Dorcas does for Acton?
(a) Cuts her hair.
(b) Sells her car.
(c) Murders her friend.
(d) Buy him presents.
4. Who tells Joe about Dorcas's last words?
(a) Dorcas's mother.
(d) No one.
5. Why does Joe want to find Dorcas again?
(a) So he can tell her all about his childhood.
(b) So he can divorce Violet and run away.
(c) So they are happy together again.
(d) So she is safe.
6. At the end of the story, what do Joe and Violet do together?
(a) Run away to Chicago.
(b) Cook over a fire.
(c) Play checkers.
(d) Whisper under the covers.
7. What, in Dorcas's mind, is wrong with Joe?
(a) He has no sensitive side.
(b) He adores Dorcas, no matter what she does.
(c) He has no musical talent.
(d) He is cognitively impaired.
8. What does Dorcas notice about Joe when he shoots her?
(a) He is unrecognizable.
(b) He looks insane.
(c) He looks like her father.
(d) He is crying.
9. What are Dorcas's last words?
(a) "Listen to the jazz".
(b) "Tell Joe there's only one apple".
(c) "Thank you for loving me".
(d) "Tell Joe I love him".
10. Why is Felice's ring so special to her?
(a) Her mother gives it to her.
(b) Her first husband buys it for her.
(c) It symbolizes her friendship with Dorcas.
(d) It is the only thing of monetary value she owns.
11. How is Felice related to Dorcas?
(a) They never know each other.
(b) They are sisters.
(c) They are best friends.
(d) They are cousins.
12. What does Felice say Dorcas likes having?
(a) Lots of money and food.
(b) Her own space.
(c) A true love.
13. When does the ambulance arrive to help Dorcas?
(a) Five minutes after it is called.
(b) Several days after she dies.
(c) The morning after she is shot.
(d) One hour after it is called.
14. Who tells Felice and her mother they must stop trying on rings?
(a) Felice's father.
(b) A little girl.
(c) A white man in a nice suit.
(d) The president of Tiffany's.
15. What does Violet offer to do to Felice's hair?
(a) Unbraid it.
(b) Curl it.
(c) Trim the ends.
(d) Wash it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Dorcas think she is falling at the party?
2. How much money is True Belle's savings worth?
3. What does Felice's mother have to show in order for her to be able to go inside the store?
4. What is Dorcas feeling as she is dancing with Acton?
5. What is the relationship between Felice, Joe, and Violet like after Dorcas's death?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)