|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joe hear in the woods after fishing?
(a) Violet screaming.
(b) A woman singing in the forest.
(c) A fire burning.
(d) Dogs barking and fighting.
2. Why does True Belle return to Vesper County?
(a) She is running from the law.
(b) Her husband dies.
(c) To care for her grandchildren.
(d) Her job takes her there.
3. What happens to the plantation thirteen years after Golden Gray meets his father?
(a) It is sold to commercial builders.
(b) It burns down.
(c) It is sold to Violet and Joe.
(d) It becomes an orphanage for unwanted children.
4. What does Acton do before seeking medical care for Dorcas?
(a) Runs after her attacker.
(b) Kisses her.
(c) Drinks another beer.
(d) Cleans the blood off his jacket.
5. How often does Felice see her parents growing up?
(a) Two or three days every two weeks.
(b) Every day.
(c) Only on holidays.
(d) Once a year.
6. What does Joe find near the cooking fire?
(a) Rope, wood, nails, and a hammer.
(b) Knives and guns.
(c) Flour, sugar, and water.
(d) A dress, a doll, and a cigar case.
7. What other girls are "after" Acton?
(a) No other girls desire Acton.
(b) A group of white girls.
(c) Dorcas's best friend, Felice.
(d) All of them.
8. During what season does Violet return the photo to Alice?
9. Who doesn't want an ambulance to be called after Joe shot Dorcas?
10. What sort of person does Dorcas want to be with?
(a) Someone young and admirable.
(b) Someone funny and generous.
(c) Someone sweet and caring.
(d) Someone older and refined.
11. Why does Joe get a job at the speakeasy?
(a) So he remembers the times he spends with Dorcas.
(b) So he spends time with Violet in the afternoons.
(c) So he earns lots of extra tips.
(d) Because Felice is also working there.
12. What does Felice tell the Traces about Dorcas?
(a) She has the best of intentions.
(b) She is always getting others into trouble.
(c) She has no true style.
(d) She is innocent and sweet.
13. Why does Joe want to find Dorcas again?
(a) So she is safe.
(b) So he can divorce Violet and run away.
(c) So he can tell her all about his childhood.
(d) So they are happy together again.
14. How does Henry say one knows when Wild is near?
(a) The ladybugs start buzzing.
(b) Several redwings congregate in one spot.
(c) It begins to rain.
(d) The sky turns bright white.
15. What does Felice's mother have to show in order for her to be able to go inside the store?
(a) A note from a white person.
(b) The amount of cash in her wallet.
(c) A picture of her employer.
(d) Her driver's license.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lestory find when he gets back to his cabin?
2. What does Felice compare Dorcas to?
3. What reason does the ambulance staff give for their delayed arrival?
4. Why do Felice and her mother go to Tiffany's?
5. Who tells Felice and her mother they must stop trying on rings?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)