|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Violet Felice carry as she climbs the stairs?
(a) Some bags and boxes.
(b) Some jewelry and iced tea.
(c) A photo and a guitar.
(d) A record and some stew.
2. What does Golden Gray cover the woman's body with?
(b) Aluminum foil.
(c) A green dress.
(d) The curtain.
3. What is the reason Golden Gray comes to see Lestory?
(a) To understand more about his heritage.
(b) To ask his father for money.
(c) To invite his father to come live with him.
(d) To see how black he is.
4. Why do Felice and her mother go to Tiffany's?
(a) To show that they can buy expensive jewelry.
(b) To run errands for a white lady.
(c) To create an uproar in the store.
(d) They are bored.
5. What does Dorcas notice about Joe when he shoots her?
(a) He looks like her father.
(b) He is crying.
(c) He looks insane.
(d) He is unrecognizable.
6. Why is Felice's ring so special to her?
(a) Her mother gives it to her.
(b) Her first husband buys it for her.
(c) It symbolizes her friendship with Dorcas.
(d) It is the only thing of monetary value she owns.
7. What is the real reason the ambulance is delayed?
(a) It is black people calling.
(b) They run out of gas.
(c) They know of Dorcas's reputation.
(d) Joe tries to stop the ambulance from helping.
8. What sort of person does Dorcas want to be with?
(a) Someone sweet and caring.
(b) Someone funny and generous.
(c) Someone young and admirable.
(d) Someone older and refined.
9. How does Henry say one knows when Wild is near?
(a) It begins to rain.
(b) Several redwings congregate in one spot.
(c) The sky turns bright white.
(d) The ladybugs start buzzing.
10. Why does Malvonne gossip to both Joe and Violet near the end of the story?
(a) To pretend she doesn't betray either of them.
(b) To tell them all of Dorcas's secrets.
(c) She wants to help them resolve their differences.
(d) Because everyone is bored.
11. What is Dorcas feeling as she is dancing with Acton?
(a) Completely happy.
12. What are Dorcas's last words?
(a) "Tell Joe I love him".
(b) "Tell Joe there's only one apple".
(c) "Thank you for loving me".
(d) "Listen to the jazz".
13. Who does Dorcas tell her friends attacks her?
(b) Her father.
(c) Her brother.
(d) She does not tell them.
14. Why do Joe and Violet go up on the roof together?
(a) To jump off.
(b) To listen to music.
(c) To look at the stars.
(d) To read a book.
15. Why does Felice's mother end up stealing the ring?
(a) She plans to sell it for cash.
(b) To show Felice's father that she has courage.
(c) To get even with the white man.
(d) Because she is angry with the little girl.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Joe and Violet do when they meet at the drugstore?
2. Where are Violet and her siblings living with their mother?
3. How often does Felice see her parents growing up?
4. What is the relationship between Felice, Joe, and Violet like after Dorcas's death?
5. What does Golden Gray find in the trees near his father's home?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)