|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What, in Dorcas's mind, is wrong with Joe?
(a) He is cognitively impaired.
(b) He has no musical talent.
(c) He adores Dorcas, no matter what she does.
(d) He has no sensitive side.
2. What does Joe hear in the woods after fishing?
(a) Dogs barking and fighting.
(b) Violet screaming.
(c) A fire burning.
(d) A woman singing in the forest.
3. What sort of birth does the naked pregnant girl have?
(a) An uneventful one.
(b) A difficult one.
(c) The girl leaves the cabin while she is in labor, so the reader doesn't know.
(d) An easy, short one.
4. Why does True Belle return to Vesper County?
(a) Her job takes her there.
(b) To care for her grandchildren.
(c) Her husband dies.
(d) She is running from the law.
5. Why does Joe get a job at the speakeasy?
(a) So he remembers the times he spends with Dorcas.
(b) So he earns lots of extra tips.
(c) So he spends time with Violet in the afternoons.
(d) Because Felice is also working there.
6. What do Joe and Violet take up on the roof with them?
(a) A picnic.
(b) A bird.
(c) A record player.
(d) A photograph.
7. What day of the week does Violet invite Felice to dinner?
(b) The narrator does not tell us.
8. Who ends up calling an ambulance for Dorcas?
9. Where does Vera Louise go until she has the baby?
10. What does Golden Gray find in the trees near his father's home?
(a) A dying dog.
(b) A large sum of money.
(c) A naked pregnant woman.
(d) A rare flower.
11. How does the author describe Acton's appearance from Dorcas's point of view?
(a) He is tall and athletic.
(b) He is handsome and his hair has no gray in it.
(c) There is no description of Acton's physical appearance.
(d) He is plain-looking, but has thick hair.
12. What is the relationship between Felice, Joe, and Violet like after Dorcas's death?
(a) Violet and Felice become best friends.
(b) Felice becomes a sort of foster daughter.
(c) Felice moves in with Joe and Violet and the three become inseparable.
(d) Felice and Joe begin having an affair without Violet knowing.
13. During what season does Violet return the photo to Alice?
14. Why do Joe and Violet go up on the roof together?
(a) To look at the stars.
(b) To jump off.
(c) To read a book.
(d) To listen to music.
15. What is Dorcas feeling as she is dancing with Acton?
(d) Completely happy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joe find behind a hibiscus bush?
2. Why is Felice's ring so special to her?
3. What does Golden Gray cover the woman's body with?
4. What does Rose tell people about why her husband leaves?
5. How is Felice related to Dorcas?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)