|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does True Belle stay with the children?
(a) About a year.
(b) Six days.
(c) Eleven years.
(d) Three years.
2. Why does Malvonne gossip to both Joe and Violet near the end of the story?
(a) To pretend she doesn't betray either of them.
(b) She wants to help them resolve their differences.
(c) To tell them all of Dorcas's secrets.
(d) Because everyone is bored.
3. Why does Dorcas have to be careful about how she looks and acts around Acton?
(a) He has the power to make or break her career.
(b) He moves on to another girl.
(c) He demoralizes her and hit her.
(d) He suspects she is not really in love with him.
4. Why does Joe get a job at the speakeasy?
(a) Because Felice is also working there.
(b) So he earns lots of extra tips.
(c) So he spends time with Violet in the afternoons.
(d) So he remembers the times he spends with Dorcas.
5. What do Joe and Violet take up on the roof with them?
(a) A bird.
(b) A picnic.
(c) A photograph.
(d) A record player.
6. During what season does Violet return the photo to Alice?
7. What does Golden Gray call Lestory when he sees him?
(a) My Savior.
(c) Your Honor.
8. How does Henry say one knows when Wild is near?
(a) The sky turns bright white.
(b) It begins to rain.
(c) Several redwings congregate in one spot.
(d) The ladybugs start buzzing.
9. How is Felice related to Dorcas?
(a) They are sisters.
(b) They are best friends.
(c) They are cousins.
(d) They never know each other.
10. What does Felice say Dorcas likes having?
(b) A true love.
(c) Her own space.
(d) Lots of money and food.
11. How does Golden Gray become drunk?
(a) The pregnant woman spikes his drink.
(b) Lestory's corn liquor.
(c) He brings his own wine.
(d) He and Honor are sharing a case of beer.
12. Why do Felice and her mother go to Tiffany's?
(a) To show that they can buy expensive jewelry.
(b) To create an uproar in the store.
(c) They are bored.
(d) To run errands for a white lady.
13. Who ends up calling an ambulance for Dorcas?
14. Why does Dorcas think she is falling at the party?
(a) Someone trips her.
(b) She has too much to drink.
(c) She does not know why.
(d) She is in love with Acton.
15. Why does Dorcas like Acton better than Joe?
(a) He is young and has power over her.
(b) He is rich and talented.
(c) He is more handsome and funnier.
(d) He doesn't abuse her like Joe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the true reason Dorcas breaks up with Joe?
2. What does Joe find near the cooking fire?
3. Why is Felice's ring so special to her?
4. Who does Joe think is his mother?
5. How old is Joe when the plantation burns?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)