|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Felice and her mother they must stop trying on rings?
(a) Felice's father.
(b) A little girl.
(c) The president of Tiffany's.
(d) A white man in a nice suit.
2. How much money is True Belle's savings worth?
(a) A pound of silver.
(b) A boullion of gold.
(c) Five hundred dollars.
(d) Ten golden eagle dollars.
3. Who does True Belle constantly describe to Violet?
(a) Golden Gray.
(b) Violet's mother.
(d) Her dead husband.
4. Who tells Golden Gray where his father lives?
(a) Rose Dear.
(b) The town gossip.
(c) True Belle.
(d) Vera Louise.
5. Who tells Joe about Dorcas's last words?
(a) No one.
(c) Dorcas's mother.
6. What does Golden Gray do before caring for the naked woman?
(a) He finds a doctor.
(b) He cooks a meal and eats it.
(c) He starts a fire and boils hot water for tea.
(d) He cares for his horses and changes clothes.
7. What does Felice say Dorcas does for Acton?
(a) Sells her car.
(b) Cuts her hair.
(c) Murders her friend.
(d) Buy him presents.
8. What does Felice say Dorcas likes having?
(a) Lots of money and food.
(b) Her own space.
(c) A true love.
9. Why does Dorcas like Acton better than Joe?
(a) He doesn't abuse her like Joe.
(b) He is more handsome and funnier.
(c) He is young and has power over her.
(d) He is rich and talented.
10. What is the true reason Dorcas breaks up with Joe?
(a) She feels intimidated by him.
(b) She has too much power over him.
(c) Her parents forbid her from seeing him.
(d) She is ready to go to college.
11. Where does Vera Louise go until she has the baby?
12. Why do Joe and Violet go up on the roof together?
(a) To look at the stars.
(b) To jump off.
(c) To listen to music.
(d) To read a book.
13. What does Dorcas notice about Joe when he shoots her?
(a) He looks insane.
(b) He looks like her father.
(c) He is crying.
(d) He is unrecognizable.
14. Why does Felice's mother end up stealing the ring?
(a) Because she is angry with the little girl.
(b) To show Felice's father that she has courage.
(c) She plans to sell it for cash.
(d) To get even with the white man.
15. How old is Joe when the plantation burns?
(d) An infant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Dorcas tell Joe she wants to break up with him?
2. What other girls are "after" Acton?
3. What does Golden Gray call Lestory when he sees him?
4. Why does Joe want to find Dorcas again?
5. What does Felice tell the Traces about Dorcas?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)