|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Violet Felice carry as she climbs the stairs?
(a) A record and some stew.
(b) A photo and a guitar.
(c) Some bags and boxes.
(d) Some jewelry and iced tea.
2. Who does Joe think is his mother?
(a) True Belle.
(c) Rose Dear.
3. Why is Felice's ring so special to her?
(a) It symbolizes her friendship with Dorcas.
(b) Her mother gives it to her.
(c) It is the only thing of monetary value she owns.
(d) Her first husband buys it for her.
4. Who tells Joe about Dorcas's last words?
(b) Dorcas's mother.
(d) No one.
5. What sort of present does Acton buy Dorcas?
(a) A ring.
(b) He doesn't buy her anything.
(c) A book.
(d) A dress.
6. What is Dorcas feeling as she is dancing with Acton?
(b) Completely happy.
7. When does Golden Gray find out who his father is?
(a) He never finds out.
(b) When he is eighteen.
(c) When he is on his deathbed.
(d) The age of two.
8. How does Golden Gray become drunk?
(a) He and Honor are sharing a case of beer.
(b) Lestory's corn liquor.
(c) The pregnant woman spikes his drink.
(d) He brings his own wine.
9. What does Golden Gray find in the trees near his father's home?
(a) A rare flower.
(b) A naked pregnant woman.
(c) A dying dog.
(d) A large sum of money.
10. What day of the week does Violet invite Felice to dinner?
(b) The narrator does not tell us.
11. What does Felice tell the Traces about Dorcas?
(a) She has no true style.
(b) She is always getting others into trouble.
(c) She has the best of intentions.
(d) She is innocent and sweet.
12. What is the relationship between Felice, Joe, and Violet like after Dorcas's death?
(a) Felice and Joe begin having an affair without Violet knowing.
(b) Felice moves in with Joe and Violet and the three become inseparable.
(c) Violet and Felice become best friends.
(d) Felice becomes a sort of foster daughter.
13. How much money is True Belle's savings worth?
(a) Ten golden eagle dollars.
(b) A boullion of gold.
(c) Five hundred dollars.
(d) A pound of silver.
14. What does Golden Gray cover the woman's body with?
(a) A green dress.
(c) Aluminum foil.
(d) The curtain.
15. Who tells Felice and her mother they must stop trying on rings?
(a) Felice's father.
(b) A white man in a nice suit.
(c) A little girl.
(d) The president of Tiffany's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Golden Gray ask Lestory?
2. Why does Dorcas like Acton better than Joe?
3. Who doesn't want an ambulance to be called after Joe shot Dorcas?
4. What does Felice compare Dorcas to?
5. How does True Belle know Vera Louise Gray is pregnant?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)