|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What instrument is constantly played during the parade?
2. What is special about Neola Miller?
(a) She is a genius.
(b) Her left arm is paralyzed over her heart.
(c) Her hair is bright yellow.
(d) She is deaf.
3. What does Violet steal during one of her crazy episodes?
(a) A television.
(b) A baby.
4. Which of the following are in Violet's apartment?
(a) Dogs and cats.
(b) Shotguns and cocaine.
(c) Piles of newspapers.
(d) Birds and houseplants.
5. Who does Dorcas cry for during her mother's funeral?
(a) Her dolls.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her father.
6. What is True Belle's relationship to Violet?
(a) She is Violet's older sister.
(b) She is Violet's grandmother.
(c) She is Violet's nanny.
(d) She is Violet's school teacher.
7. What does Dorcas rescue from her home as a small child?
(a) She decides not to rescue anything.
(b) Her clothespin dolls.
(c) Her pet kitten.
(d) A photo album.
8. What happens the same day Dorcas's mother is burned in the house fire?
(a) She is arrested by the police for murder.
(b) She overdoses on medication.
(c) Dorcas is fired from her job.
(d) Dorcas's father is killed during a race riot.
9. How much debt does Joe and Violet have on the land?
(c) It is not clear.
10. Where do Dorcas's clothespin dolls lay?
(a) Under her pillow.
(b) Within an old oak tree.
(c) On the floor of the burnt-down home.
(d) In a cigar box.
11. Why does Joe want to stay near Dorcas after he shoots her?
(a) He wants her to die in his arms.
(b) He wants to be arrested and taken to prison.
(c) He doesn't want anyone else to touch her.
(d) He wants her to keep from falling.
12. Why is Dorcas rejected by teenage boys her own age?
(a) She wears unfashionable clothing.
(b) She is smarter and sharper.
(c) She is much more mature than they.
(d) She is tall and beautiful.
13. Why does Joe begin to feel distanced from Violet?
(a) She tells him she wants to get a divorce.
(b) She begins to drink excessively.
(c) She is having an extramarital affair.
(d) He senses that she longs for a child.
14. What does Violet's father bring the children when he visits?
15. Who does the best hunter choose to be his apprentices?
(a) Joe and his father.
(b) Joe and Dorcas.
(c) Joe and Victory.
(d) Golden Gray and Lestory.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Joe pray sends him a sign as he sits in the bushes?
2. What do Violet and Joe do all night the first time they meet?
3. Where does Dorcas insist Joe take her?
4. What is Joe selling when he meets Dorcas?
5. How does Alice describe Dorcas?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)