Short Answer Key
1. Who lives with Joe on Lenox Avenue?
2. Which of the following are in Violet's apartment?
Birds and houseplants.
3. In the beginning of the book, why does Joe say he shoots Dorcas?
He wants to keep the feeling of love going.
4. Where does Violet go when she finds out about Joe's affair?
The funeral parlor.
5. What does Violet try to do to Dorcas's face?
Disfigure it with a knife.
6. How is Violet described by the author?
Skinny and over fifty.
7. How does Violet decide to get back at Joe?
Have an affair in their home.
8. Who tells Violet Dorcas's address?
9. What type of Dorcas's makeup does Violet find out about?
10. What does Violet steal during one of her crazy episodes?
11. What does Joe think about Violet's crazy episodes?
He does not...
This section contains 2,341 words|
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)