|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't a fire truck intervene during the house fire in Dorcas's home?
(a) It is out of gas.
(b) It is waiting for a fire in a white neighborhood.
(c) It is broken down.
(d) All the firemen are on strike.
2. What sort of birth does the naked pregnant girl have?
(a) An easy, short one.
(b) An uneventful one.
(c) The girl leaves the cabin while she is in labor, so the reader doesn't know.
(d) A difficult one.
3. What does the green and yellow parrot repeat?
(a) "You're an angel".
(b) "Please help me".
(c) "I love you".
(d) "You're the best man I ever met".
4. As Golden Gray approaches his father's house, what does he wish to do to his father?
(a) Kill him.
(b) Threaten him with his gun.
(c) Fight him.
(d) Hug him and make amends.
5. What does Rose tell people about why her husband leaves?
(a) He is very sick and has to get professional help.
(b) He is going to college in New York City.
(c) He is fed up with the price of coffee and his daughter's physical ailments.
(d) He is running from the police.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sort of present does Acton buy Dorcas?
2. What does Golden Gray do before caring for the naked woman?
3. What is the real reason the ambulance is delayed?
4. How old is Joe when the plantation burns?
5. Why does Dorcas have to be careful about how she looks and acts around Acton?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)