|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Golden Gray become drunk?
(a) Lestory's corn liquor.
(b) He and Honor are sharing a case of beer.
(c) He brings his own wine.
(d) The pregnant woman spikes his drink.
2. What does Violet do when the cotton crop is harvested?
(a) She becomes a teacher.
(b) She stays in the neighborhood and works for a family.
(c) She goes back to Virginia.
(d) She raises children.
3. What does Felice say Dorcas does for Acton?
(a) Buy him presents.
(b) Sells her car.
(c) Cuts her hair.
(d) Murders her friend.
4. Who tells Felice and her mother they must stop trying on rings?
(a) A white man in a nice suit.
(b) A little girl.
(c) The president of Tiffany's.
(d) Felice's father.
5. Why do Joe and Violet go up on the roof together?
(a) To look at the stars.
(b) To listen to music.
(c) To read a book.
(d) To jump off.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the girl respond to the baby immediately after it is born?
2. Who rents Joe and Dorcas a bedroom once a week?
3. What is the name of the speakeasy where Joe gets a job?
4. Who does Dorcas cry for during her mother's funeral?
5. Why does Malvonne gossip to both Joe and Violet near the end of the story?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)