|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money is True Belle's savings worth?
(a) A boullion of gold.
(b) Five hundred dollars.
(c) Ten golden eagle dollars.
(d) A pound of silver.
2. What does the author suppose Violet does while Joe is looking out the window and crying?
(a) Set his hair on fire.
(b) Put her arms around him and comfort him.
(c) Cook breakfast for him.
(d) Pack up her belongings and leave.
3. What happens to the plantation thirteen years after Golden Gray meets his father?
(a) It becomes an orphanage for unwanted children.
(b) It is sold to commercial builders.
(c) It burns down.
(d) It is sold to Violet and Joe.
4. How does Golden Gray become drunk?
(a) He brings his own wine.
(b) He and Honor are sharing a case of beer.
(c) The pregnant woman spikes his drink.
(d) Lestory's corn liquor.
5. What does Dorcas put on Joe's hands?
(a) Cream and clear nail polish.
(b) White paint.
(c) Butter and sugar.
(d) Aloe vera.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joe not recall from his early days with Violet?
2. What does Violet do when the cotton crop is harvested?
3. What, in Dorcas's mind, is wrong with Joe?
4. What does Golden Gray cover the woman's body with?
5. What does Joe find behind a hibiscus bush?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)