|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Joe jealous of the young men on the street?
(a) They have lots of money and good jobs.
(b) They do not have to worry about segregation and racism.
(c) They do not have to go searching for women.
(d) They have living parents and loving wives.
2. What does Joe see in Dorcas's picture?
(a) A woman who looks just like Violet.
(b) A beautiful, sweet girl.
(c) An aged, harsh woman.
(d) A scraggly, shy teenager.
3. How does Henry say one knows when Wild is near?
(a) The ladybugs start buzzing.
(b) The sky turns bright white.
(c) Several redwings congregate in one spot.
(d) It begins to rain.
4. Who does Alice try to teach Dorcas to avoid?
(a) White male teenagers and adults.
(b) All other blacks.
(c) The wealthy.
(d) Social workers and teachers.
5. What happens the same day Dorcas's mother is burned in the house fire?
(a) She overdoses on medication.
(b) She is arrested by the police for murder.
(c) Dorcas's father is killed during a race riot.
(d) Dorcas is fired from her job.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Malvonne find behind her refrigerator?
2. What does Joe think of when he imagines Dorcas?
3. As Golden Gray approaches his father's house, what does he wish to do to his father?
4. Why do Joe and Violet continue to dance standing in the train car?
5. Where are Violet and her siblings living with their mother?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)