|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wipes the blood from the woman's face?
(a) The woman wipes her own face.
(b) A young black boy caring for Lestory's stock.
(c) Golden Gray.
(d) An unidentified character.
2. Who does Dorcas cry for during her mother's funeral?
(a) Her father.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her dolls.
3. What happens to Violet's mother after her father leaves the family?
(a) She becomes insane and tries to kill her children.
(b) She earns an education.
(c) She becomes incapacitated.
(d) She remarries and becomes abusive.
4. What is the 1917 parade protesting?
(a) Child abuse.
(c) The St. Louis race riots.
5. How much does Joe pay for the bedroom he and Dorcas meet in?
(b) He trades handiwork for the use of the bedroom.
(c) Five dollars an hour.
(d) Two dollars a month.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Alice eventually allow to come visit her at home?
2. Who tells Golden Gray where his father lives?
3. How does Rose Dear eventually die?
4. How does Alice describe Dorcas?
5. Why is Joe jealous of the young men on the street?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)