|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What area does the author describe in springtime?
(a) Central Park.
2. Who does the best hunter choose to be his apprentices?
(a) Joe and Victory.
(b) Joe and his father.
(c) Joe and Dorcas.
(d) Golden Gray and Lestory.
3. What happens the same day Dorcas's mother is burned in the house fire?
(a) Dorcas is fired from her job.
(b) Dorcas's father is killed during a race riot.
(c) She is arrested by the police for murder.
(d) She overdoses on medication.
4. Who sits on every street corner, according to the author?
(a) Young prostitutes.
(b) Single mothers.
(c) Blues musicians.
(d) Blind beggars.
5. What does Violet do when the cotton crop is harvested?
(a) She stays in the neighborhood and works for a family.
(b) She goes back to Virginia.
(c) She becomes a teacher.
(d) She raises children.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much debt does Joe and Violet have on the land?
2. In the beginning of the book, why does Joe say he shoots Dorcas?
3. How does Alice describe Dorcas?
4. What does Violet wear that makes her look crazy?
5. What does Rose tell people about why her husband leaves?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)