|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the girl respond to the baby immediately after it is born?
(a) She cries and nurses it.
(b) She refuses to hold it.
(c) She tries to smother it.
(d) She holds it to her chest.
2. How old is Joe when the plantation burns?
(c) An infant.
3. How is Violet described by the author?
(a) Attractive and haunting.
(b) Chubby and pleasant.
(c) Skinny and over fifty.
(d) Wrinkly and harsh.
4. What does Joe find near the cooking fire?
(a) Knives and guns.
(b) Rope, wood, nails, and a hammer.
(c) A dress, a doll, and a cigar case.
(d) Flour, sugar, and water.
5. Why is Violet committed to gaining weight?
(a) She thinks it makes her look crazier.
(b) She wants to be admitted to the hospital.
(c) She is trying to get the hips and backside she has as a young woman.
(d) She thinks it makes Joe feel sorry for her.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Alice Manfred related to Dorcas?
2. Why is Joe jealous of the young men on the street?
3. How long does True Belle stay with the children?
4. What sort of birth does the naked pregnant girl have?
5. Why does True Belle return to Vesper County?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)