|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much does Joe pay for the bedroom he and Dorcas meet in?
(a) Two dollars a month.
(c) He trades handiwork for the use of the bedroom.
(d) Five dollars an hour.
2. What sort of birth does the naked pregnant girl have?
(a) An uneventful one.
(b) An easy, short one.
(c) The girl leaves the cabin while she is in labor, so the reader doesn't know.
(d) A difficult one.
3. What does True Belle hope Vera Louise does with the extra money her mother gives her?
(a) Spend it on nice clothes.
(b) Use it to buy True Belle's husband and children out of slavery.
(c) Invest it in a bank.
(d) Donate it to a good cause.
4. What does Joe find behind a hibiscus bush?
(a) Dorcas's old dress.
(b) A parrot.
(c) A burrow.
(d) A picture of his grandmother.
5. What is special about Neola Miller?
(a) She is a genius.
(b) Her hair is bright yellow.
(c) She is deaf.
(d) Her left arm is paralyzed over her heart.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the 1917 parade protesting?
2. Where are Violet and her siblings living with their mother?
3. How much money is True Belle's savings worth?
4. Where does Violet put the picture of Dorcas?
5. What does the author suppose Violet does while Joe is looking out the window and crying?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)