|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Violet's mother after her father leaves the family?
(a) She becomes incapacitated.
(b) She remarries and becomes abusive.
(c) She earns an education.
(d) She becomes insane and tries to kill her children.
2. Why does Malvonne want to make sure the young black girl's letter gets to the law school?
(a) She is afraid she is reported for having stolen mail.
(b) She is afraid the girl has to get a low-paying job instead.
(c) She is threatened by the police.
(d) The young black girl is Malvonne's daughter.
3. Who rents Joe and Dorcas a bedroom once a week?
(b) Dorcas's mother.
(d) Rose Dear.
4. Why do the Miller sisters call the police station repeatedly?
(a) They are crazy.
(b) They imagine they hear thieves in their home.
(c) To report restaurants serving alcohol.
(d) As a way to keep Dorcas from misbehaving.
5. Why is Dorcas rejected by teenage boys her own age?
(a) She wears unfashionable clothing.
(b) She is much more mature than they.
(c) She is smarter and sharper.
(d) She is tall and beautiful.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Violet's father bring the children when he visits?
2. What does Alice Manfred do for a living?
3. What does Violet find in the bottom of the parrot's cage?
4. How is Alice Manfred related to Dorcas?
5. Where does Violet's father travel to look for work?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)