|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is special about Neola Miller?
(a) She is deaf.
(b) Her hair is bright yellow.
(c) She is a genius.
(d) Her left arm is paralyzed over her heart.
2. Why is Violet committed to gaining weight?
(a) She wants to be admitted to the hospital.
(b) She thinks it makes her look crazier.
(c) She is trying to get the hips and backside she has as a young woman.
(d) She thinks it makes Joe feel sorry for her.
3. Who does Dorcas stay with when Alice goes to work?
(a) True Belle.
(b) No one.
(c) Joe's mother.
(d) The Miller sisters.
4. What does the author suppose Violet does while Joe is looking out the window and crying?
(a) Put her arms around him and comfort him.
(b) Set his hair on fire.
(c) Cook breakfast for him.
(d) Pack up her belongings and leave.
5. Why does Joe begin to feel distanced from Violet?
(a) He senses that she longs for a child.
(b) She is having an extramarital affair.
(c) She tells him she wants to get a divorce.
(d) She begins to drink excessively.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Violet's father bring the children when he visits?
2. What does Alice protect Dorcas from?
3. What does Violet do after she runs from the funeral home?
4. What is the 1917 parade protesting?
5. What does Joe wipe his tears with?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)