|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joe wipe his tears with?
(b) His hands.
(c) A red handkerchief.
(d) Dorcas's picture.
2. What does the train conductor announce when he walks through the cabin where Joe and Violet are standing?
(a) No black couples remain together.
(b) Breakfast is being served.
(c) All blacks must leave the train car.
(d) It is time to separate from the white customers.
3. What does Violet do in response to her crazy episodes?
(a) She goes to find a priest.
(b) She writes in her journal.
(c) She becomes a musician.
(d) She becomes more and more silent.
4. What does Dorcas rescue from her home as a small child?
(a) She decides not to rescue anything.
(b) A photo album.
(c) Her pet kitten.
(d) Her clothespin dolls.
5. Why is Dorcas rejected by teenage boys her own age?
(a) She is smarter and sharper.
(b) She is tall and beautiful.
(c) She is much more mature than they.
(d) She wears unfashionable clothing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following are in Violet's apartment?
2. What is the 1917 parade protesting?
3. How does Rose Dear eventually die?
4. What does Joe take with him to the park?
5. What does Dorcas put on Joe's hands?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)